SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Wow,there must be some right stuff the SPFL want hidden. Dear oh dear. What have they been up to? 

Immaculate lol

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Although both SPFL and the C3 seemed to be joint in fighting against Hearts and PT when Lord Clark opted for arbitration, both were represented independently and wanted different outcomes so whilst the SPFL partially got their way the C3 challenge was thrown out so effectively they tried to independently challenge Hearts and PT's petition.

I'm sure if the C3 had requested some form of SFA arbitration against us we would have been obliged to attend so the reality is they should also be punished by the same rules as us. 

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Dundee Utd and co do they get punished as they also went above the SFA and went to court ?

Excellent question. I don't think.the rules say it is OK to.go to court if the SFA or SPFL encourage you to do so in effect on their behalf. 

18 minutes ago, hmfc1984 said:

I would assume because they didn't initiate the petition and were simply responding to it as was their legal right. 

Hearts and PT had a legal right to go to court, everyone does.

Just now, graygo said:

I think it's a relatively straightforward defence. 

2 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I think the spfl will start without us

That’s clearly the plan now. Once it has kicked off, then the argument will be that it’s too late to go back. This is why we need to pursue an interdict if kickoff is looming.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Oh and can we please all stop with the "English route" chat, it 100% will not happen, we are a Scottish club with a proud history and shouldn't stoop to new firm levels of pretending it could when it just won't. 

2 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Might be that, in case we win in the Arbitration they can still expel us from the league

Or we are awarded £1 million and they take it back by way of a fine.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

they are only arguing at present that we didn’t seek permission from them before pursuing court action 

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

That’s clearly the plan now. Once it has kicked off, then the argument will be that it’s too late to go back. This is why we need to pursue an interdict if kickoff is looming.

To my mind it’s the only way we can stop these corrupt people in their tracks.

Toxteth O'Grady

The Calpol3 went to court to ask for our case to be chucked out. They should be charged for the same thing as us 

heatonjambo
1 hour ago, kwizbet09 said:

Guys and Girls why don't  we buy Wigan and just leave this corrupt SFA/SPL , we will probably have to sell Tyncastle but we can still call ourselves  Wigan Hearts.

Just an idea.

How about hearts Wig (n) again 

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He is right. There has been nothing in the media down here. There has actually been more about Amiens and Toulouse challenges to the French authorities. That is how low the Scottish football authorities have brought the Scottish game. I am.talking about national UK media which once covered Scottish football to some extent at least even beyond the OF. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Or we are awarded £1 million and they take it back by way of a fine.

They can only fine us £1m if we get reinstated as the max fine for a championship club is £500k.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do reinstate us and then hit us with the £1m fine.

Then back to see Lord Clerk.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We won't be reinstated even if we win.

Hellbent now to avoid it.

Legal battle that may last years awaits 

5 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Oh and can we please all stop with the "English route" chat, it 100% will not happen, we are a Scottish club with a proud history and shouldn't stoop to new firm levels of pretending it could when it just won't. 

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

they are only arguing at present that we didn’t seek permission from them before pursuing court action 

Ok, we are guilty of that. Let's see what the punishment is.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

As if we would have been granted permission! Did Dundee United etc ask.permission? Hardly needed to I  suppose since they were encouraged to?

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Francis Albert said:

As if we would have been granted permission! Did Dundee United et ask.permission? Hardly needed to.since they were encouraged to?

The whole thing just stinks of sewage but then again we are getting used it  that’s why we need to take it all the way.

1 hour ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

As far as the compliance officer is concerned, the outcome of the arbitration is irrelevant. 

It is the act of proceeding with an action in the Court of Session in the first instance which she says is a breach of the rules.

I suppose it's one way of getting up to £1million back from us after they have to pay the compensation.

Independence
10 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

This. It's embarrassing. We stay and fight. 

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

My point being, from the SFAs view of the world we broke their rules and went to court as that is what their rules say we cannot do.  Dundee United etc were simply responding to that petition which isn't the same thing. 

I don't disagree that we had a right to go to court but the fact remains that until the SFAs rule is actually challenged in a court we cannot be sure that it will be considered illegal. Just because everyone on JKB feels overwhelming support that it is ok doesn't mean legally it is. 

Captain Canada

By sending these letters are they not defeating their own argument? 

They wanted us to go to arbitration first, but even though they were ordered by a judge to arrange a panel and provide all documentation quickly, they still haven't done so. 

How quickly would they have arranged an arbitration hearing if we'd just asked them first? 

The answer to why we didn't go to arbitration first lies in their current behaviour. 

And I'd be very interested to find out who at the SFA will listen to our argument against going to arbitration first, Doncaster, the compliance officer and Chick Young? 😃

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I suppose it's one way of getting up to £1million back from us after they have to pay the compensation.

If they pay us compensation it means we are a championship club and the maximum fine is £500k

Just now, hmfc1984 said:

My point being, from the SFAs view of the world we broke their rules and went to court as that is what their rules say we cannot do.  Dundee United etc were simply responding to that petition which isn't the same thing. 

I don't disagree that we had a right to go to court but the fact remains that until the SFAs rule is actually challenged in a court we cannot be sure that it will be considered illegal. Just because everyone on JKB feels overwhelming support that it is ok doesn't mean legally it is. 

I agree, like I said a few minutes ago let's see what the punishment is before deciding whether to challenge it or not. In theory it could be £500 but I doubt it.

The Old Tolbooth

Hang on a minute, isn’t Neil Doncaster, the very guy we’re taking to court as part of the SPFL, also on the board of the SFA? So isn’t this surely an extremely underhand tactic which has a massive conflict of interest? 

Also, we’re taking the SPFL to court, not the SFA, and the SPFL are not a recognised footballing body, they’re simply a company, so it’s one company taking another company to court, and it’s also in ‘THEIR OWN RULES’ that this is something which we’re allowed to do. 

On top of this, the judge stated that if we had any issues with the arbitration, then he would make time for us to take it back to court, so come on Hearts, let’s drag these sorry desperate *******s back to court and get that interdict applied for to stop the league kicking off on August 1st as planned, let’s do as much damage as possible!!! 

Jamstomorrow
36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He is right. There has been nothing in the media down here. There has actually been more about Amiens and Toulouse challenges to the French authorities. That is how low the Scottish football authorities have brought the Scottish game.

I think it may be more of a reflection of the media dahn saff.   Whilst the Scottish press give reports on English games, apart from maybe a report on the OF, there seems to be pretty much zilch from my experience when visiting.

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

By sending these letters are they not defeating their own argument? 

They wanted us to go to arbitration first, but even though they were ordered by a judge to arrange a panel and provide all documentation quickly, they still haven't done so. 

How quickly would they have arranged an arbitration hearing if we'd just asked them first? 

The answer to why we didn't go to arbitration first lies in their current behaviour. 

And I'd be very interested to find out who at the SFA will listen to our argument against going to arbitration first, Doncaster, the compliance officer and Chick Young? 😃

We're not arguing against the SFA at arbitration it's the SPFL.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

One million pounds fine would be an expense due to relegation do we add that to the claim?

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Independence said:

This. It's embarrassing. We stay and fight. 

I hope I am massively wrong but imo Budge has had the piss taken out of her from day 1 of all of this.I just can't see anything changing,we are going to get shafted either way.

If we had been relegated and let's be honest it was heading that way she would of been hounded out of Gorgie.This could end up even worse than that.

1 minute ago, tightrope said:

One million pounds fine would be an expense due to relegation do we add that to the claim?

Depends which ruling comes first I would think.

Captain Canada
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

We're not arguing against the SFA at arbitration it's the SPFL.

I know but I thought the arbitration process was under the banner of the SFA? 

At no point did Doncaster say we couldn't take legal action as far as I'm aware. I also look forward to their rules being strictly applied to clubs begging for money and those helping them out. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Arbitration won’t be the end of this. It will end up back in a court.

I don't think arbitration will even be the next step. 

So when we have to answer the charge from the SFA who is it that actually reviews our response and how do they determine what the punishment is?

Is it a panel of supposed experts unbiased of course or is it some Celtic plants along with the Compliance Officer.?

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I take it Dundee Utd raith and cove going to court doesn’t count now? 

That's irrelevant. They were respondents in the case, not the petitioners.

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, Captain Canada said:

I don't think arbitration will even be the next step. 

Interesting, based on what?

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I know but I thought the arbitration process was under the banner of the SFA? 

It is but providing documents is not down to them.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I hope I am massively wrong but imo Budge has had the piss taken out of her from day 1 of all of this.I just can't see anything changing,we are going to get shafted either way.

If we had been relegated and let's be honest it was heading that way she would of been hounded out of Gorgie.This could end up even worse than that.

You sound hysterical.

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, graygo said:

It is but providing documents is not down to them.

Is Doncaster not on both boards though? 

Captain Canada
2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Interesting, based on what?

Just my opinion, not trying to say I'm ITK. The tone of the statement that went out earlier suggests we're done pissing about waiting and will look to hit back asap. 

Regardless, every vote, every move we make In the future should be aiming to bring down this shower and hopefully shut down all that voted against us. 

Footballfirst

I had a look back at the SFA's announcement that the matter was being referred to arbitration on 6 July.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/notice-of-referral-to-arbitration/?rid=13929

The announcement included the following statement.

"As this process is entirely independent, the Scottish FA will make no further comment." 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is issuing a "notice of complaint" directly related to the matter being referred to Arbitration not making a "comment".

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Is Doncaster not on both boards though? 

Yes, he's on the main board and the professional game board in addition to the SPFL board.

Gathering of documents will require him to wear his SPFL hat.

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he is

Hope our legal team shouts this from the court roof tops. He is in breach by simply  being in a conflict of interests.

Edited by maroonlegions

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )