SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair, his media release is more likely to generate a story than a post on Kickback. Then again, the EEN do need to fill space.

Yep can accept that, Although not sure it carries any more weight. He is speaking as a hearts fan just like the rest of us and his view will be seen just as irrelevant to the sfa,spfl and media. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

At least Les Deans doesn’t talk down to his fellow Hearts supporters, nor act like a condescending chuff... 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, R08813 said:

The fact the SFA and the SPFL are both doing everything they can to stop us in our tracks: instructing their media myrmidons to disparage us, threatening expulsion and trying to wriggle out of taking accountability suggests to me that we are pressing exactly where we need to be. If they start panicking keep pushing. We need to take this corrupt, bent establishment all the way. And you had best believe when we've toppled the house of cards, we will still be there. 

Heart of Midlothian has the best most loyal group of supporters in the world. We don't need income from the SPFL to survive and if it ceases to exist at the end of the inevitable retrial in the CoS then I have absolutely no doubt that we will be instrumental in rebuilding a better and more equitable system in the aftermath.

They thought that threatening punishment today would intimidate the club and its fans. They were wrong. The harmony between club and fans has never been stronger and there's no backing down now.

Quite the mot juste!

The Future's Maroon
8 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

The closer we get to the truth the dirtier they'll fight. 

*******s

That exactly how I see it, and expected it to go.

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

INTERDICT 

Yes please, now is the time for me.

Diadora Van Basten
6 hours ago, R08813 said:

They thought that threatening punishment today would intimidate the club and its fans. They were wrong. The harmony between club and fans has never been stronger and there's no backing down now.

I posted yesterday that we just go to the SFA get our punishment then go to court and get the punishment classed illegal.

I actually think this is an opportunity to good to miss to do exactly that and to strike a blow at the way that Scottish Football is governed.

Jambof3tornado

I believe our request for permission to go to the CoS must have got lost in the spam folder at the SFA.

9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I posted yesterday that we just go to the SFA get our punishment then go to court and get the punishment classed illegal.

I actually think this is an opportunity to good to miss to do exactly that and to strike a blow at the way that Scottish Football is governed.

I actually agree with you in this. The only way that we can achieve any real change in the corrupt way the game is arranged here is by engineering circumstances where the whole governance of the game is called into question legally.  Having all the circumstances leading up to this point forensically examined in the Court of Session  would finish off both the SFA as it currently  stands and the SPFL. We need real change here. The game on Scotland  is on its uppers due to these corrupt Old Firm centric  clowns.

I guess we did break the rules, so it’s the duty of the compliance officer to send out a notice of complaint. Could just be going through the motions. no one knows. The timing is off big time though.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I guess we did break the rules, so it’s the duty of the compliance officer to send out a notice of complaint. Could just be going through the motions. no one knows. The timing is off big time though.

In the same vein, will we see the CO issuing notices to clubs contributing towards an ongoing legal case against another member. Also against the rules? 

pettigrewsstylist

Lets see it through. Doubt if they will exclude 2 top clubs from organisation. Not even sure its worth being in org anyway anymore. Scrapping Aberdeen every yr for 3rd and getting to cup semis to maximise revenue is hardly the romance youngsters will flock to maroon to be part of.

The AXIS POWERS -  SPFL, SFA and DAILY RECORD - What a Trio of Fascists. Consider themselves above and beyond the Law of the Land.

Just wonder if they would "take on" the OF with such  determination????

To the M8 Alliance- Take it ALL THE WAY

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I am certain that we would have known this but knew that the only way we could get to look at the real evidence in this sorry affair was to go down the route we have.

Had we asked the SFA to mediate they would have chucked it out with no case to answer and we would not be able to get the arbitration we have now not would they have been allowed to call witnesses like they can do know.

In a nutshell. 

We have lost all confidence in the authorities and will be taking this all the way until the (very) bitter end. 

I don’t know about you, but even if we lose this, I will never accept we were in the wrong and I am proud of our club for taking this course of action all the way. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In a nutshell. 

We have lost all confidence in the authorities and will be taking this all the way until the (very) bitter end. 

I don’t know about you, but even if we lose this, I will never accept we were in the wrong and I am proud of our club for taking this course of action all the way. 

this ... in buckets !

10 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

No, I disagree, we need to up it to £9 million with the argument being we are now in fear of getting the maximum penalty fine from the compliance officer. 

Ha ha ha brilliant 

Captain Canada

I was just reading that the Ayr chairman's donation isn't coming from the club's funds so he's clearly worried about them being punished.

Since everyone else is at it, we should just say we went to court as a business and not a member of the SPFL. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Nookie Bear

Just want this sorted either way so we can get back to playing football and, more importantly, being allowed to attend. 

I think other clubs may learn a harsh lesson as to how angry Hearts fans are. 

9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

You've done this before!  Too professional :) 

You have to be able to look after your own interests in the face of intimidation from any bully.

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair, his media release is more likely to generate a story than a post on Kickback. Then again, the EEN do need to fill space.

Exactly - we need as may comments in the media fighting our corner so I am more than happy to have him

9 hours ago, Eldrik said:

Eh you have quoted rule 99.15 which specifically says that we cannot take a football dispute to a Court of Law ,"WITHOUT THE PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE BOARD ( ie.The SFA Board)

Did we have SFA approval to raise an action in COS or did we not?

Lord Clark seens to suggest that we jumped the gun and should have followed the governing body's dispute resolution procedures

before going down raising an action in the COS?

Well hello there Eldrik what on earth have you been up to for the last 18 months? We have not missed you and will continue to do so when you are launched. TROLL 

SectionDJambo
38 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

If that’s the case, a courtesy phone call to Hearts and Partick to explain that would have prevented or changed the tone of our response online. 
There’s been plenty more going on in secret behind the scenes. There would have been no harm in trying to prevent further public animosity.

39 minutes ago, TWF said:

The AXIS POWERS -  SPFL, SFA and DAILY RECORD - What a Trio of Fascists. Consider themselves above and beyond the Law of the Land.

Just wonder if they would "take on" the OF with such  determination????

To the M8 Alliance- Take it ALL THE WAY

No, because they are the power behind the “axis powers” you referred to.

9 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

Exactly - we need as may comments in the media fighting our corner so I am more than happy to have him

Indeed. 

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we fail at arbitration could we use this charge as a reason to be unhappy with the ruling and return to the CoS?

One of the arbitration “challenge” clauses may well give us that opportunity.

cases of "serious irregularity" which have resulted in substantial injustice”.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just want this sorted either way so we can get back to playing football and, more importantly, being allowed to attend. 

I think other clubs may learn a harsh lesson as to how angry Hearts fans are. 

This is where I am.

Get this sorted out, then let them have it with both barrels!

5 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

One of the arbitration “challenge” clauses may well give us that opportunity.

cases of "serious irregularity" which have resulted in substantial injustice”.

To get a fair hearing we have to hope that the former judges and lawyers on the arbitration panel are people of unimpeachable integrity.  That’s the only way we will get a satisfactory hearing.  Given though that these are people who are on the pool for such a panel at the SFAs behest.....................will we? It may well be that it’s back to court and I have no doubt that we will have planned for such a situation.

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

For me this is another Bosman type situation!

Every club has a right to free trade and to protection from restrictive practices!

We should own outright our TV and marketing rights and be free to sell to who we wish as we wish!

We are still in the EU and have the option of using their courts too!

Fight this all the way, open up football to modern business practices not archaic ones!

Anyone who thinks football is a law unto itself and above the law of the land needs sorted now!

49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In a nutshell. 

I agree totally and if nothing else this has galvanised our supporters and the support for AB and FOH.

It has also shown up just how selfish other clubs are how they act like little school children ganging up on two clubs when they should be supporting them.

But we should never forget no matter what happens at the end of all this that this has all been manufactured by  Doncaster and his mates on their pathetic little board and their scheming counterparts at the SFA.

We need to remember the few clubs that have spoken out on our behalf and more importantly those that didn't especially when we play them again at Tynecastle.

So come on Hearts let's make some noise.

brunoatemyhamster

What charges were brought against Sevco for taking the SFA to court over the transfer embargo? 

I'll expect the same. 

Daydream Believer
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

I think that's probably correct. In fact I think they were backed into a corner. If they didn't follow the process it would show that they didn't trust their own rules. If anything, I would expect them to try to issue a £5k fine suspended for a season in the hope that we don't challenge it.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I agree totally and if nothing else this has galvanised our supporters and the support for AB and FOH.

It has also shown up just how selfish other clubs are how they act like little school children ganging up on two clubs when they should be supporting them.

But we should never forget no matter what happens at the end of all this that this has all been manufactured by  Doncaster and his mates on their pathetic little board and their scheming counterparts at the SFA.

We need to remember the few clubs that have spoken out on our behalf and more importantly those that didn't especially when we play them again at Tynecastle.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

100%

WorldChampions1902

Was yesterday’s serving of “Notice” by the SFA, an attempt to nobble Partick Thistle? Divide and conquer?

The assumption is that either a member of the Weir family or a Hearts benefactor are underwriting Thistle’s legal costs. But the answer is not public knowledge. Given the goldfish-bowl nature of Scottish football, the SFA/SPFL may well know who is providing those funds.

If it’s the Weir family, would they be willing or able, to increase that potential cost to cover a massive fine from the SFA? If the answer to that question is “no”, then that could force Thistle to withdraw from the case in the hope that it would mitigate any future SFA sanctions.

That would leave Hearts to fight on their own, thus giving the SFA/SPFL some sort of “victory” (in their minds) and perhaps diminish the Arbitration outcome.
Edited by WorldChampions1902

Entrapment: The action of tricking someone into committing a crime, in order to secure their prosecution.

The SFA are committing their own crime here.

That, or they don’t even know their own rules?

I thought, given they were so unaware of their own rules in 2012 (during the Rangers fiasco), that they’d have tightened up.

Incompetence on stilts!  

1 hour ago, Celtic1ICT3 said:

Nothing ever changes.

But Hearts and Hibernian forced a second vote on the grounds that the clubs had received unclear advice in making their original decision.

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

To get a fair hearing we have to hope that the former judges and lawyers on the arbitration panel are people of unimpeachable integrity.  That’s the only way we will get a satisfactory hearing.  Given though that these are people who are on the pool for such a panel at the SFAs behest.....................will we? It may well be that it’s back to court and I have no doubt that we will have planned for such a situation.

We just have to hope that whoever we have picked for the SFA's hand picked group of 50 has been strong enough not be pressured into accepting who the SPFL' s pick wants as the Chair of the three.

I know this is all supposed to be impartial but it stills worries me that the 50 panellists are chosen by the SFA in the first place.

It's just a pity that Lord Clark couldn't have nominated the Arbitration panel rather than having to refer it back to the SFA.

11 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Was yesterday’s serving of “Notice” by the SFA, an attempt to nobble Partick Thistle? Divide and conquer?

The assumption is that either a member of the Weir family or a Hearts benefactor are underwriting Thistle’s legal costs. But the answer is not public knowledge. Given the goldfish-bowl nature of Scottish football, the SFA/SPFL may well know who is providing those funds.

If it’s the Weir family, would they be willing or able, to increase that potential cost to cover a massive fine from the SFA? If the answer to that question is “no”, then that could force Thistle to withdraw from the case in the hope that it would mitigate any future SFA sanctions.

That would leave Hearts to fight on their own, thus giving the SFA/SPFL some sort of “victory” (in their minds) and perhaps diminish the Arbitration outcome.

Would the SFA drop the charge? Doubtful as the deed has already been done. They may reduce the punishment if they withdraw.

My gut feel is that if Partick were having second thoughts about this then now is not the time to withdraw and I am sure there might be another means to help them financially.

Edited by wavydavy

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We just have to hope that whoever we have picked for the SFA's hand picked group of 50 has been strong enough not be pressured into accepting who the SPFL' s pick wants as the Chair of the three.

I know this is all supposed to be impartial but it stills worries me that the 50 panellists are chosen by the SFA in the first place.

It's just a pity that Lord Clark couldn't have nominated the Arbitration panel rather than having to refer it back to the SFA.

That’s certainly been eating away at me since the make up the arbitration panel was announced.  This latest move by the SFA smacks of trying to influence things. There are rumours circulating  that the SPFL have not supplied us with all the correspondence that the court required to be given to us.  If that is the case, and with this latest move, I hope we withdraw from the Arbitration and go back to the Court of Session. The cesspit that is Scottish Football is starting to be laid bare.  Time people involved with other clubs woke up and took their blinkers off and actually looked closely at what is happening.

Edited by Deevers

Ex member of the SaS

People quoting 99.15, is there not a clause whereby you can bypass the SFA if the case is financial? This has more to do with lost revenue being forced on us so we can get out of any punishment by claiming it has nothing to do with the SFA.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That’s certainly been eating away at me since the make up the arbitration panel was announced.  This latest move by the SFA smacks of trying to influence things. There are rumours circulating  that the SPFL have not supplied us with all the correspondence that the court required to be given to us.  If that is the case, and with this latest move, I hope we withdraw from the Arbitration and go back to the Court of Session. The cesspit that is Scottish Football is starting to be laid bare.  Time people involved with other clubs woke up and took their blinkers off and actually looked closely at what is happening.

They are feeling threatened now and pushed into a tricky corner so they are fighting back by using every trick in the book.

I sincerely hope that they get found out and are brought to justice and we can disband this mob and start again.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

They are feeling threatened now and pushed into a tricky corner so they are fighting back by using every trick in the book.

I sincerely hope that they get found out and are brought to justice and we can disband this mob and start again.

Are they feeling threatened? Not so sure. I just think they’re taking the piss now because they know they’re untouchable

Sportsound podcast enfuriating yesterday listening to Cameron and Donald Findlay. So many inconsistencies spouted. 

The whole we are all for reconstruction next season but not this season is truly unbelievable considering the reason to do it this season is to deal with huge injustice. 

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

and letters will very soon be issued to all those clubs that have been making cash contributions to the calpol 3 as these actions are against SFA and SPFL rules .........

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

People quoting 99.15, is there not a clause whereby you can bypass the SFA if the case is financial? This has more to do with lost revenue being forced on us so we can get out of any punishment by claiming it has nothing to do with the SFA.

I was just looking at that. The SFA articles talk about 'Football Disputes'. Could our dispute be classed as a business one?

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

I was just looking at that. The SFA articles talk about 'Football Disputes'. Could our dispute be classed as a business one?

Got to be I would think. 

It's more about lost revenue and the potential of more next season than any on the park issues. 

I reckon they would struggle to class this as a football dispute. 

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Sportsound podcast enfuriating yesterday listening to Cameron and Donald Findlay. So many inconsistencies spouted. 

The whole we are all for reconstruction next season but not this season is truly unbelievable considering the reason to do it this season is to deal with huge injustice. 

I liked the part where Cameron stated he wanted 'null & void'... until it was explained to him (by whom?) that it was impossible as it would trigger compensation claims from SKY, BBC, BT etc!... oh ….wait.

I mean FFS!

Let them expel us from the league after we win 8 million from them. Then, using the cash, offer ron the con 6 million for hibs, move them to tynecastle, rename them heart of midlothian. As a tribute to hibs, we will always remember 19 05 12.

AlphonseCapone

Can't wait to be back in a full Tynecastle and hear how venomous the "**** the SFA" chants will be. I hope this ignites a fire in the support and Tynecastle becomes a horrible place to visit. 

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Got to be I would think. 

It's more about lost revenue and the potential of more next season than any on the park issues. 

I reckon they would struggle to class this as a football dispute. 

That was our reasoning for taking our case to the CoS. It wasn't a 'footballing matter'. However, Lord Clark didn't agree... but obviously could see there was a case to answer.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )