SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

This seems to me to be a rather entertaining sideshow and not much more than that.

The SFA has to issue these notices of complaint otherwise their rules simply fall apart. However, the chances of us and Partick receiving anything more than a slap on the wrist of very small fine are pretty slim.

Lord Clark made it pretty clear that the particular rule we have breached is quite possibly unlawful. As a result, the SFA will be more than a little reluctant to end up arguing about that in the Court of Session. This means that they will have to balance any proposed punishment against the risk of further court action from us and Partick Thistle.

As for the timing of the notices of complaint and the 7 day time limit, just wow. It seems to me that the SFA is really hacked off that it is no longer seen as the most incompetent governing body of any sport anywhere in the world and is determined to wrestle back the title from the village idiots at the SPFL. Not succeeded just yet, but a good effort nonetheless.

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

It wouldn't surprise me that they know they're going to lose and are laying the foundation for a huge points deduction which will effectively relegate both teams. 

Points deduction isn’t one of the available punishments I’m sure.

19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Does Lord Clark actually have the power to call it back before arbitration, regardless of time?

Yes

The case is still with him in court system. 

'Sisted' which means on hold for the arbitration. 

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I've honestly no clue what is going on anymore! Scottish football is the laughing stock of the world just now.

You're assuming a lot thinking that anyone outside of Scotland gives a ****ing toss about our Micky Mouse league and F.A.

Captain Canada
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Is it "oot the game" or nothing in their fantasy rules? 

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I now think there's a need for the game to be the subject of a full public inquiry and,   if necessary,   for the running of the game to be taken under government special measures.    Nationalised in practice.     

Criminals tend to carry on breaking the law until prevented from doing so by the criminal justice system.    This lot are essentially the same.     They're beyond the point of no return.     They wont stop being corrupt until they're stopped by a higher power.

Been saying this for weeks. If ever an organisation was worthy of a public inquiry, it is the SFA and SPFL.

Just now, Captain Canada said:

500K fine or "oot the game"

When we get our £8 million cheque , we can just send them it by return:rofl:

Captain Canada

I wish there was a quick and painless way to break away or join another league. Being governed by these charlatans is way beyond a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

The case is still with him in court system. 

'Sisted' which means on hold for the arbitration. 

Surely this action from the SFA means that the arbitration process has ended as the so called impartial arbitrator has taken action against Hearts and Thistle?

I think this clearly shows the SPFL have no defence and are getting their big brother to try and bully us.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

500K fine or "oot the game"

When we get our £8 million cheque , we can just send them it by return:rofl:

No delay, face the SFA and let the arbitrators know how corrupt the SFA want to be, then off to the CoS for Lord Clark to rule.......perfect!

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually although he does not directly work for the SFA for me the has the grubby fat Mckenzie's fingerprints all over it. 

His linkedin profile lists Dungchancer as an SFA director since 2018 

Edited by harrywragg

57 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Well the gloves are off now?  As for the Cup:  We boycott the Semi and we turn up at Tynecastle with a beam back at £20 per head?  They still have to give us 25% of the purse!

If we play Celtic in the final, we have a beam-back at Murrayfield , If we win we ask for the trophy to be given to us in the dressing room, high tail it back to Murrayfield or Tynecastle and have it presented to us there, by somebody who is not a knob!

Turn their show piece into a total joke, we still get paid

I’m not one for amateur dramatics but they can ram their semi.  I’d definitely pay Hearts the money and use our facilities.  

So disillusioned at the moment with this country’s game.  (Like everyone else)

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

I wish there was a quick and painless way to break away or join another league. Being governed by these charlatans is way beyond a joke. 

We should look at the N Ireland league. 

10 in a row - no problem

Multiple Cup wins

Champions League every season.

4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Somebody posted the potential punishments earlier, the max was oot the gemme or £1 million fine and the lesser charges were fines I’m sure 

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Somebody posted the potential punishments earlier, the max was oot the gemme or £1 million fine and the lesser charges were fines I’m sure 

500k we are officially a Championship club, so they have just cost themselves . Pocket money out of our award.

:munny:

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

We should look at the N Ireland league. 

10 in a row - no problem

Multiple Cup wins

Champions League every season.

We'll have a pop at the league of Wales then 

Has arbitration even started?  It’s the 14th today and Lord Clark said it all had to be sorted by 1st August.  All this shows how incompetent and disillusioned the people who run our game are.  Instead of being open and transparent.  I agree with the Ayr Chairman, it’s time to run our leagues and game professionally and bring in someone to manage it and stop all the petty self interest of individual clubs. We have a product that could be more credible and sellable if it was professionally run.

40 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is all timed to get us to cave in and say we have had enough of this lets just get it over and done with and accept we are in the Championship and give us a few quid and we will just get on with things.

However I really hope that this has infuriated AB even more and that she fights the SFA and the SPFL all the way even if it brings their whole poxy league to a standstill.

Please please don't give in to them Ann.

This is the only way I can see it. It’s a last-ditch attempt at intimidation, to get us to back down under threat of expulsion.

We are way, way too far down the track for this to work though. I simply can’t see any scenario in which AB doesn’t go the distance. This is personal to her now.

I also can’t see any prospect of the SFA chucking us out. It is a matter of record that Hearts have the third largest support in Scotland, and three Scottish cups since 1998 makes us the most successful club outside Glasgow in recent years. It just isn’t going to happen. They might not be afraid of us in the same way they are afraid of Sevco, but they’d be alienating a whole lot of customers all the same.

This should just underline how toxic the inter-relationship between the SPFL and SFA are. They shouldn't be allowed to share offices or board members. One or the other. The SFA is supposed to oversee Scottish football as a whole, yet they have utterly failed at that. 

The SFA should have stepped in immediately and sought to bring about an amicable conclusion for all parties. They've just chucked fuel on the fire after sitting on their hands for the better part of 3 and a half months. 

Just now, harrywragg said:

We'll have a pop at the league of Wales then 

Play you in the Champions League - sell out crowds😀

2 minutes ago, Jambo66 said:

Been saying this for weeks. If ever an organisation was worthy of a public inquiry, it is the SFA and SPFL.

It's not even unrealistic.    We should be setting the machinery in action to have it raised in parliament and doing whatever is necessary to lobby for a public inquiry.    

You just can't govern a business / sector as big as football on the basis of unaccountable dictatorship.     The corruption always existed but they're playing very fast and loose now.     Becoming too overt could well bring some unwanted attention upon their governance.

Kirky Jambo

Apologies for going off on a tangent, or if this has been posted before, but had anyone else seen the story about Dundee’s Eric Drysdale being at the heart of another botched vote? They say lightning never strikes twice...

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/1416686/controversial-perthshire-development-pushed-through-despite-councillors-laptop-crashing-at-crucial-vote/

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It's not even unrealistic.    We should be setting the machinery in action to have it raised in parliament and doing whatever is necessary to lobby for a public inquiry.    

You just can't govern a business / sector as big as football on the basis of unaccountable dictatorship.     The corruption always existed but they're playing very fast and loose now.     Becoming too overt could well bring some unwanted attention upon their governance.

I agree 100%

51 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was about to post the same thing. The question of whether it’s legal to prevent a company to take another company to court is about to come up again as well. 

I agree with you, doesn't matter what it says in their rules or whether we signed up to them. The unfair contract terms act 1977 comes into play.

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct - a maximum of £1M fine or kicked out the league. What’s the betting we win arbitration and stay in the premiership, then SFA says “no - you’re now demoted to League 2 for breaching the arbitration article “

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Barely any lips.  Definately Celtic. 

Looks like she has 2 eyes though so that rules her out being Celtic unless they’re like these 

83870BF3-8D2E-4CE8-9701-2174953EB17D.jpeg

Zinc Finger
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

How many names do you need to submit a petition to holyrood? I'm sure may of us (enough) would put their na.mes to a logically well phrased petition. Any intetested?

Just now, Zinc Finger said:

How many names do you need to submit a petition to holyrood? I'm sure may of us (enough) would put their na.mes to a logically well phrased petition. Any intetested?

It should be club led.   Hearts plus whoever else is interested.    

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

This is the only way I can see it. It’s a last-ditch attempt at intimidation, to get us to back down under threat of expulsion.

We are way, way too far down the track for this to work though. I simply can’t see any scenario in which AB doesn’t go the distance. This is personal to her now.

I also can’t see any prospect of the SFA chucking us out. It is a matter of record that Hearts have the third largest support in Scotland, and three Scottish cups since 1998 makes us the most successful club outside Glasgow in recent years. It just isn’t going to happen. They might not be afraid of us in the same way they are afraid of Sevco, but they’d be alienating a whole lot of customers all the same.

Apply for an injunction now preventing the league starting putting TV rights at risk....**** the SPFL and **** the SFA!

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Dear Hearts

PUSH THE ****ING BUTTON.

This. The big red one that says “Use this to obliterate”.

8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It is a matter of record that the CoS already question the rules/ punishments!

Looks like we are now heading towards the end game. The stupidity of both the SPFL and SFA will be the death of them. Legally the SFA are on very soft ground and this dispute could easily end up going out of control. The power of the SFA has over clubs will be diminished in the end. Expect this will end up in Court.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Maybe a ploy by the SFA to ensure this goes back to the COS, SPFL lose the case and resignations all round. SFA step in and over time re-assert control over the leagues. Just a thought on a boring afternoon.

You are right in one sense and that is the SFA have a tactical plan but for the life of me no idea what the heck it is.   They must know Lord Clark is watching so this step by them is a strange throw of the dice.  Of course they will have more rolls to come, sure of that.  They should be seen to be supportive of any arbirtration but this is so blanantly inflammatory it makes you wonder the real motive.

No wonder Rod put his sick note in he obviously knew the thing was going to turn nasty and he did not fancy getting his hands dirty or his name muddied.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Maybe a ploy by the SFA to ensure this goes back to the COS, SPFL lose the case and resignations all round. SFA step in and over time re-assert control over the leagues. Just a thought on a boring afternoon.

You are right in one sense and that is the SFA have a tactical plan but for the life of me no idea what the heck it is.   They must know Lord Clark is watching so this step by them is a strange throw of the dice.  Of course they will have more rolls to come, sure of that.  They should be seen to be supportive of any arbirtration but this is so blanantly inflammatory it makes you wonder the real motive.

No wonder Rod put his sick note in he obviously knew the thing was going to turn nasty and he did not fancy getting his hands dirty or his name muddied.

4 minutes ago, Zinc Finger said:

I’m sure Ian Murray will make sure things get heard 

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

We've certainly crossed a threshold where there needs to be a totally independent review into the practises of both the SFA & SPFL. They may not be a public body, but there is a public interest in the SFA/SPFL being a transparent, accountable and credible organisation. Its become very apparent that this is not the case. The unprofessionalism shown throughout this by them has been utterly laughable. Murdochs interviews with himself and his various inflammatory statements, Doncaster and Maxwells total abdication of leadership and responsibility. 

Its shambolic and there needs to be a review to implement best practices into the governing body as clearly they are absolutely non-existent. 

Edited by OTT

3 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It may be personal to her even though she’s only been here a few years, but it’s way more personal to those of us who have supported the club our whole life. These corrupt barstewards have put us way beyond the point of no return. A victory at arbitration & a total clear out of both our governing bodies has to happen or we’re going to get stiffed at every opportunity for a long time to come

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clearly a plan to sidetrack and sabotage our case. Just plain embarrassing, how many weeks have they been sitting on this

:rofl:

7 minutes ago, Zinc Finger said:

scot gov won’t entertain it, government involvement in football means no clubs in Europe and no national team competitions

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Squirt said:

When you pish into the wind, you’re likely to get a face full of pish. What did we expect? 

Im as ‘incredulous’ as anybody else but did we honestly expect anything else? They weren’t going to charge us with this before the court punted it back, because then if the court had decided they would hear the case the SFA would look like complete tits. 

They’ll shaft who they want and you can like it or you can leave. That’s Scottish football and it always has been.

Starting to feel like they’ve broken me. It’s not the fact that the things they do and the way they act are so crazy and antagonist that gets to me, it’s the fact that they’re within their rights to do it as per the rules. 

I actually despise Scottish football. I’ll always love Hearts, but every single facet of football in Scotland is beyond a joke. The clubs, the leagues, the funds, the stadiums, the pitches.

Tinpot and amateur across the board.

Pretty much encapsulates where I'm at. One dodgy penalty too many for me, guess I should of read the tea leaves better after St. Liedown or perhaps after the Romanov journey, either way I'm weary and have to conclude it'll never change.

I'll add in the media. Just tried to listen to Lachlan Cameron and Donald Findlay but found myself switching it off, struck me that there was fair bit of revisionism going on from both the only succor being that at least it was Tinglish doing the cross examining and calling them out.

Diadora Van Basten

Go to the SFA get punished, take it to the court of Session and get punishment ruled illegal.

Job done.

:greggy:

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

500k we are officially a Championship club, so they have just cost themselves . Pocket money out of our award.

:munny:

I'm sure lord Clark referenced the punishment of expulsion and/or fine and made it clear he wouldn't be having it. Anyway. Expulsion would lead to a massive restraint of trade lawsuit.

4 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Might be that, in case we win in the Arbitration they can still expel us from the league

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )