SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I had a look back at the SFA's announcement that the matter was being referred to arbitration on 6 July.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/notice-of-referral-to-arbitration/?rid=13929

The announcement included the following statement.

"As this process is entirely independent, the Scottish FA will make no further comment." 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is issuing a "notice of complaint" directly related to the matter being referred to Arbitration not making a "comment".

Especially when the matter is not finished, merely sisted.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I had a look back at the SFA's announcement that the matter was being referred to arbitration on 6 July.

"As this process is entirely independent, the Scottish FA will make no further comment." 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is issuing a "notice of complaint" directly related to the matter being referred to Arbitration not making a "comment".

It's making a big statement.    Not sure the timing will be viewed positively by the panel.   

Geoff Kilpatrick

Surely if the SFA takes this step, the next step after that is the CAS in Lausanne?

Right this needs to go back to the Court of Session. This whole SPFL SFA is an incestuous cabal of self fiddlers. 

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It is.

In financial matters which this arguably is, this sort of action would mean trouble. 

It is comment. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Surely if the SFA takes this step, the next step after that is the CAS in Lausanne?

Strange one if they have been advised to do it. The answer is there for them. They just seem to be walking the toughest road. Why? Shower of *****.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pack it in and start our own Calcio Storico team. 

Maybe watching too much Netflix 

Captain Canada
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes, he's on the main board and the professional game board in addition to the SPFL board.

Gathering of documents will require him to wear his SPFL hat.

Thanks. It's hard not to laugh at how absurd this has all become with nobody in the media questioning it.

ND (with SPFL hat): All those pesky documents are taking a while to find. 

ND (with SFA hat): Don't you worry Neilly boy! We'll create a wee diversion for you. 

40 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The Calpol3 went to court to ask for our case to be chucked out. They should be charged for the same thing as us 

Won’t be though

2 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Thanks. It's hard not to laugh at how absurd this has all become with nobody in the media questioning it.

ND (with SPFL hat): All those pesky documents are taking a while to find. 

ND (with SFA hat): Don't you worry Neilly boy! We'll create a wee diversion for you. 

:spoton:

Edited by graygo

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, hmfc1984 said:

I would assume because they didn't initiate the petition and were simply responding to it as was their legal right. 

They were not parties to the Petition.

They didn’t need to go - they chose to just as we did. The SPFL needed to if they wanted to defend the action nobody else.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he is

Yes, Peter Lawwell even recommended him for the very top job, because he is a “very able guy”.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43016452

On replacing Stuart Regan, Lawwell said the following:

What we need is somebody that will bring Scottish football together," said Lawwell.

"They need to get more control. They need to be delegated the authority to do that but they also need to be guided by the good people that are on the board there - the non-execs and the club reps.

"I'm sure there's a lot of experience there, there's a lot of ability there and whoever comes in will need that support to take the association forward.

"I have no authority. I'm not on the board, I'm not on any committee that's there to select the chief executive. I'm remote from that.

Image copyrightSNSPeter Lawwell and Neil Doncaster
Image captionLawwell praised the work of SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster

"Clearly, we're a big club in Scotland and the SFA or whoever's around there, it would be wise for them to have the opinion not just of Celtic but other big clubs within Scotland in terms of where the direction is."

Lawwell was asked if he would want Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster to replace Regan at the SFA.

"Neil is a very able guy," said Lawwell.

"Under pretty difficult circumstances over the years at the SPFL, he's done a very good job but I would prefer Neil Doncaster on that basis to remain at the SPFL and continue that work because there are challenges ahead."

SFA's relationship with the clubs 'as bad as it's been'

Regan's departure followed the SFA's unsuccessful attempt to recruit Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill as Scotland manager and controversial friendly matches against Peru and Mexico planned for June near the time Scottish clubs will have European qualifying fixtures.

"It's not great at the moment," Lawwell said of the SFA's relationship with Scottish clubs.

"It's probably in terms of my time in the game as bad as it's been and that for the board of the SFA, in my view, and the chief exec would be a big priority - to build those bridges again.

"We probably need somebody who really does understand that distinction between the SFA and the SPFL and the clubs and the regulator and the governing body. One way of describing it is the private sector and the public sector - who understands that difference."

It makes me wonder how much Rod Petrie is the driving force behind these new measures. That man is still suffering the trauma of that glorious humiliation we gave his beloved Hibbies.

It reeks of him inflicting max damage to us at any cost. If the worst were to happen and we were expelled, it would be the worst mistake these muppets on the SFA board ever did.

A great club like ours, with 146 years of history and a huge support, would never let this be forgotten, it would end up haunting these bitter individuals for the rest of their days!

Maroon tinted glasses 2
15 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Is Doncaster not on both boards though? 

Yes, he is chief exec of SPFL, on the board for the the SFA.......... And, wait for it................. On the ethics and disciplinary committee for UEFA. We are goosed in whatever footballing route we take so I feel court is the only real way we will get a fair shout. Effectively it's like falling out with your boss cause he is a sneaky incompetent prick but when you try to put a complaint in against him it's then him who reviews it and if your not happy with the outcome of the review then you can escalate it..... But again it's him next in line to review. 

1 minute ago, jockmac said:

It makes me wonder how much Rod Petrie is the driving force behind these new measures. That man is still suffering the trauma of that glorious humiliation we gave his beloved Hibbies.

It reeks of him inflicting max damage to us at any cost. If the worst were to happen and we were expelled, it would be the worst mistake these muppets on the SFA board ever did.

A great club like ours, with 146 years of history and a huge support, would never let this be forgotten, it would end up haunting these bitter individuals for the rest of their days!

What a coincidence him getting ill just before all of this.

Francis Albert
22 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I think it may be more of a reflection of the media dahn saff.   Whilst the Scottish press give reports on English games, apart from maybe a report on the OF, there seems to be pretty much zilch from my experience when visiting.

That is true now. But a decade or two ago it was not the case All the London papers had a column or so on  Scottish games every week. In 1998 our cup.parade in  The Guardian centre fold featured  as one of  four involving English clubs  and ours was the most impressive . That wouldn t happen today ... even for nine or ten in a row.

They know they are going to lose. They want to win at least something and that will be no Hearts in the SPFL. 

When we win the money Doncaster and co will simply say this is what you voted for we followed your instructions essentially say to the clubs you never wanted reconstruction we wanted it so we acted upon your wishes do not blame us for anything.

The season will be 4 or 5 games in the SPFL will then say that was last season lets move on from that nonesense. 

The redtops will run with a victory for the SPFL and the wheel will keep turning.

We need to stand firm on the 8 million thats our only victory now its taking as many down as possible.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

was  about to say should this not go to the Scottish government to intervine. Matter of time

The Scottish Government is very Weegie dependent- why would they assist?

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

The Scottish Government is very Weegie dependent- why would they assist?

This stuff again? Really? 🙄

Maroon tinted glasses 2
1 minute ago, Rods said:

We need to stand firm on the 8 million thats our only victory now its taking as many down as possible.

No, I disagree, we need to up it to £9 million with the argument being we are now in fear of getting the maximum penalty fine from the compliance officer. 

2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

No, but it could interfere with the preparation of our case for arbitration. I.e. having to fight a battle on two fronts simultaneously could undermine the presentation of our case. Which I suspect is precisely what is intended.

It's a disruptive measure aimed to unsettle us. A dirty trick effectively.

However if the case is due to start tomorrow I am fairly sure our QC will be well versed already as to how he is going to present our case. We have been putting evidence together for months and the documents received recently will have been reviewed.

Put this SFA nonsense on the back burner and get tore in about these corrupt muppets.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

This stuff again? Really? 🙄

We are debating the actions of the GFA - do you think we will get a sympathetic hearing from the Scottish Govt then?

south morocco
31 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I hope I am massively wrong but imo Budge has had the piss taken out of her from day 1 of all of this.I just can't see anything changing,we are going to get shafted either way.

If we had been relegated and let's be honest it was heading that way she would of been hounded out of Gorgie.This could end up even worse than that.

Take the day off. Your constant negativity is energy sapping. No disrespect.

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

That is true now. But a decade or two ago it was not the case All the London papers had a column or so on  Scottish games every week. In 1998 our cup.parade in  The Guardian centre fold featured  as one of  four involving English clubs  and ours was the most impressive . That wouldn t happen today ... even for nine or ten in a row.

Who’s interested in a league that has had the same 2 winners for the last 35 years. 
😴😴😴😴

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

My thoughts entirely, he's primed the bullets for everyone else then threw a sickie so we can't point a finger at him. He might even be Sergay from sisterfister.net

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pack it in and start our own Calcio Storico team. 

Maybe watching too much Netflix 

Go on...

Class of 75
7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We are debating the actions of the GFA - do you think we will get a sympathetic hearing from the Scottish Govt then?

Would deal with us exactly the same way the SPFL has. But I agree with the point you are making 

Edited by Class of 75

Heartsofgold
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

scot gov won’t entertain it, government involvement in football means no clubs in Europe and no national team competitions

All fine with me.

26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd agree.

We now have two appeals routes if need be.  One in law and one in sport.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

No one has confirmed a start date. 

I think Dundee U tweeted it starts tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Amd his number two is a Celtic lackie.

Coincidence indeed.

4 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I can't see anything on their Twitter page.

Edited by graygo

south morocco
2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything from the club officially then

Rogue Daddy
Just now, stuart500 said:

According to Sportsound today, TE said that the ‘file collectors’ (don’t know the correct legal term)... were very quick off the mark. Also, a fair number of chairmen have been contacted for their comments/take on this whole sorry fiasco.  
No confirmation on a start date, but the background stuff is well under way. 

I remember well the largest thread on JKB when we were approaching a certain "milestone" in pages. I fully expect us to reach this milestone long before Arbitration and the SFA charges are heard and indeed before the SPL have kicked a ball. Under 100 pages to go now.

We may even reach 1874 long before this ridiculous debacle is over.

Edited by 7628mm

maroonedinoz

This is all getting too much for my wee brain!

I expect us to win the arbitration case, but the SFA rule about going straight to court I see as a seperate matter.

There is no doubt we didn’t comply with that one, and no doubt the SFA will say it is A completely stand alone matter and use it to extract their revenge.

No way will we be thrown out the league, but I can see us punished by the SFA by throwing us out of the cup semi.

That would suit their purposes as no way would they want us to win that one and possibly go on and win the final.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

20200714_200821.jpg

The bit that always worried me with that was "and the parties (plural) change their minds (plural) and wish the court to deal with". 

It sounds like Lord Clark is willing to hear the case but only if both/all parties ask him to, which is never going to happen.

Presumably to get him involved we would need to go back to him to report an excessive delay or for some other reason eg a non disclosure of evidence or possibly a request for an interim interdict to delay start to new season.

south morocco

Can’t wait until this sorry saga is completed. Whatever the outcome HMFC and it’s supporters should never forget what other clubs have done to wilfully harm us. Looking forward to the football and pints, whoever we play.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

As if we would have been granted permission! Did Dundee United etc ask.permission? Hardly needed to I  suppose since they were encouraged to?

I think it was the SPFL Neil that asked them to support him in court, it’s the SFA Neil that should give permission first or he won’t be happy

8 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'd agree.

We now have two appeals routes if need be.  One in law and one in sport.

I would think that LAW trumps SPORT

16 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

No, I disagree, we need to up it to £9 million with the argument being we are now in fear of getting the maximum penalty fine from the compliance officer. 

don't forget to add on the cost of the additional legal representation - round it up to 20 mil

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

they are only arguing at present that we didn’t seek permission from them before pursuing court action 

Eh no, the SFA are saying that we chose to take case direct thru COS when their rules said that any disputes should be raised  via the SFAs Arbitration system.

Rangers were also pulled up for this back in 2012, but SFA bottled out of punishing them 

Just now, 7628mm said:

I would think that LAW trumps SPORT

Of course it does M.

Lord Clark alluded so.  Even Donald Findlay did agree today but said it should always be kept in-house however.

6 minutes ago, Eldrik said:

Eh no, the SFA are saying that we chose to take case direct thru COS when their rules said that any disputes should be raised  via the SFAs Arbitration system.

Rangers were also pulled up for this back in 2012, but SFA bottled out of punishing them 

No, he's right. You can go to court if you ask them first and give approval.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

The bit that always worried me with that was "and the parties (plural) change their minds (plural) and wish the court to deal with". 

It sounds like Lord Clark is willing to hear the case but only if both/all parties ask him to, which is never going to happen.

Presumably to get him involved we would need to go back to him to report an excessive delay or for some other reason eg a non disclosure of evidence or possibly a request for an interim interdict to delay start to new season.

The parties could be interpreted as all or any of the parties. Which makes more sense in the case of a dispute between the parties.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

This is all getting too much for my wee brain!

I expect us to win the arbitration case, but the SFA rule about going straight to court I see as a seperate matter.

There is no doubt we didn’t comply with that one, and no doubt the SFA will say it is A completely stand alone matter and use it to extract their revenge.

No way will we be thrown out the league, but I can see us punished by the SFA by throwing us out of the cup semi.

That would suit their purposes as no way would they want us to win that one and possibly go on and win the final.

I think we win v the SFA simply because we needed the CoS to secure vital evidence we couldn't have got without the judicial verdict in our favour.

doctor jambo
22 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Who’s interested in a league that has had the same 2 winners for the last 35 years. 
😴😴😴😴

But when we were top under vlad the Scots game was big news in England - a Leicester type story .

if only our gurus realised that the duopoly lowers the interest in our game

The Future's Maroon

I noticed this last night while readin the thread, and again tonight....the stench of filth is overwhelming.

5-1 ya ****s 

FTH

If sfa want to chuck us out the cup fine.

looks like I am going to be chucking in my scotland supporters club membership after 30 years. Pricks.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )