SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fire_At_The_Disco

This whole thing is company law, it needs adjudicated by a court. It’s really irritating how they are getting away with all the shit that they throw at us and PT. Get them into court and ridden raw. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We must be threatening an interdict due to the time the arbitration has taken. The SPFL/SFA indicated they’d be ready for arbitration within a few days, we are now reaching two weeks. I think this could be their way of reacting to the threat of an interdict. 

I did wonder when listening to the preliminary hearing and Lord Clark asked about the speed of getting an Arbitrary Panel together and Moynihan paused 'to ask the question' and categorically responded 'yes' whether he may have had SFA expertise in the 'room' with him.

Or why did he claim the SPFL lawyers Shepherd and Wedderburn had sent a list of the 50 SFA Independent Judicial Panel members to the court (?).  Which they hadn't but should they have had that list in the first place.

There is no doubt in my mind the SFA and SPFL aren't just colluding but working in unison.

We should at this point fund a legal bid by Kelty and Brora directly against the SFA for their negligence to them duting this process.

I genuinely beleive this is the last act of desperate people.

6 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

I can't believe that they've done this. What's their play because it just seems so obviously stupid and biased?

Interdict now please.

The only time to serve an interdit is one day before the season starts and only if we have not received a decision. If there is no decision by then then it is unlikely that the courts will be impressed. Lord Clark has set the ground rules so lets follow them and let others break them.

SectionDJambo

Just when we thought that we were in a wee lull of little activity, these cretins come up with this. The very action that their pals in the Weegie media were telling us was on the way before the court hearing.

This is going to get very interesting. Time for us all to hold our nerve against all the crap that will be coming our way from the usual propaganda machine. 

We can only wonder what is going through their corrupt minds to come out with this at this time, when they know that we are still engaged in an ongoing legal process.

I've honestly no clue what is going on anymore! Scottish football is the laughing stock of the world just now.

36 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Bet he takes two lunches too, giving the extra one to this guy...

A98F8DF2-E2EB-40BD-A0ED-A77BB506810F.thumb.jpeg.bbb830a795416e5245aa078d166fb5e6.jpeg

Hibs new striker?

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is all timed to get us to cave in and say we have had enough of this lets just get it over and done with and accept we are in the Championship and give us a few quid and we will just get on with things.

However I really hope that this has infuriated AB even more and that she fights the SFA and the SPFL all the way even if it brings their whole poxy league to a standstill.

Please please don't give in to them Ann.

Don't think she will with the word incredulous in the club statement. 

Get the impression she might be getting really, really ****** off now. 

Interdict next step?? 

Tokyo Drifter

It's a play by the SFA. They're covering the SPFL's arses in case we win compensation, then they can try to hit us with a fine and siphon the money back to the clubs somehow. Anyway, Lord Clark questioned the legality of Clause 99 so if it ends up back in court it's game on again. And round and round we go. 

37 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Hopefully we force it to be cancelled. Unreal it's still being considered! 

It won’t be.  They will give Hibs a bye into the final.

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

The only time to serve an interdit is one day before the season starts and only if we have not received a decision. If there is no decision by then then it is unlikely that the courts will be impressed. Lord Clark has set the ground rules so lets follow them and let others break them.

Excellent point

I now think there's a need for the game to be the subject of a full public inquiry and,   if necessary,   for the running of the game to be taken under government special measures.    Nationalised in practice.     

Criminals tend to carry on breaking the law until prevented from doing so by the criminal justice system.    This lot are essentially the same.     They're beyond the point of no return.     They wont stop being corrupt until they're stopped by a higher power.

12 minutes ago, merrymac said:

But there is no arbitration against the SFA?

I think you've missed the point.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It won’t be.  They will give Hibs a bye into the final

Hibs will be happy not getting a hampden hiding again

2 minutes ago, henryheart said:

High Court Judges don't tend to like their authority being questioned by tin pot administrators in two bit self important organisations.

His comments to me smacked of a warning that we were within our rights to go to law court so don't act vindictively. 

SFA think they are above the law. They are not and there are rules on restriction of trade. We have the legal right to protect our right to trade, no matter what these tin pot dictators' rules say.

Maybe it's just different times. Everything really needs to go through the courts. Least preferred option but it really does depend what you are dealing with.

Back to 2005

Its hard to even get annoyed anymore.  The corruption we have previously seen by referees has morphed in to the boardroom. 

Look forward to the day anyone from the SPFL or Sfa makes an appearance in Gorgie.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

We were wondering about the apparent delay in proceedings. Well I now wonder if this is what caused the delay (if caused by the SPFL?) or if this is as a result of whatever caused the delay!

By that I mean; if there was a delay caused by the SPFL, was it because they knew the SFA was about to issue this charge, or was the delay caused by a serious problem, ie they'd realised that they were about to/very likely to lose the case and called for the SFA's assistance, and this was all they could come up with? 

If us taking the spfl to court was such a big deal to the sfa then why didn’t we hear a peep against it until it was almost started?

their silence on all of this from day one after the Dundee fixed vote has been a disgrace and embarrassment to the whole of Scottish Football 

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I now think there's a need for the game to be the subject of a full public inquiry and,   if necessary,   for the running of the game to be taken under government special measures.    Nationalised in practice.     

Criminals tend to carry on breaking the law until prevented from doing so by the criminal justice system.    This lot are essentially the same.     They're beyond the point of no return.     They wont stop being corrupt until they're stopped by a higher power.

was  about to say should this not go to the Scottish government to intervine. Matter of time

Kidd’s Boots

SFA toys are out the pram without a doubt!! 20th July for submissions, we could well be back in front of Lord Clark by then....

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Dungcaster is pulling her strings of that I have no doubt.

Actually although he does not directly work for the SFA for me the has the grubby fat Mckenzie's fingerprints all over it. 

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Its hard to even get annoyed anymore.  The corruption we have previously seen by referees has morphed in to the boardroom. 

Look forward to the day anyone from the SPFL or Sfa makes an appearance in Gorgie.

I wouldn’t usually condone it but I hope everyone donates to the FoH to cover our fine so we can hurl a sea of coins, similar to that on 300, right at Doncaster's speccy puss.

**** them all.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

That WILL be an interesting one

Hagar the Horrible

Well it is never a dull moment supporting Hearts, we should all be waiting for a new season to kick off, but instead they have enthrusted us into the mother of all shitshows?  Their bullying techniques have been spectacluar, but have so far not landed a single punch.  take this back to CoS now, get the interdict?  I dont care now if we win re-instatement or Compensation to the max, We have to burn the whole rotten thing down and rebuild it from nothing.

I dont care what team you support, this is beyond reasonable doubt that the game is corrupt. They are NOT above the law, we need to give them that kick in the baws.  Time for a bonefire of the blazers!

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I now think there's a need for the game to be the subject of a full public inquiry and,   if necessary,   for the running of the game to be taken under government special measures.   

I'm not sure government could run the set up any better, possibly worse in fact but something needs to change. A total and radical rethink of how the game is run in Scotland is needed. 

13 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

I've honestly no clue what is going on anymore! Scottish football is the laughing stock of the world just now.

Unfortunately it isn't because beyond Berwick it is viewed as it is, a backwater and absolutely no significance to anyone

6 minutes ago, H2 said:

I think you've missed the point.

Maybe your point was not that clear.

If you check back @GinRummy said exactly the same as me?

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It could be the Compliance Officer is in a world of her own.

who is she, who is she married to if married,  whats her background, is she celticky.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually although he does not directly work for the SFA for me the has the grubby fat Mckenzie's fingerprints all over it. 

Covered in Big Mac sauce by the looks of it also!!!

They’ll fine us ?

cool. Hope Lord Clark gets the gig and just slaps a further £1m in costs against them.

i absolutely detest the game up here.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

It's a play by the SFA. They're covering the SPFL's arses in case we win compensation, then they can try to hit us with a fine and siphon the money back to the clubs somehow. Anyway, Lord Clark questioned the legality of Clause 99 so if it ends up back in court it's game on again. And round and round we go. 

I've always had my suspicions about this rule to prevent clubs from seeking redress from the court if they feel wronged by the game's governors or another member club. The clubs have no choice other than to sign up to it (or not play in the country's top leagues) while it prevents them from taking independent action, even in cases where the governors may well have broken the law of the land by their actions. There's something suspicious about a sporting body that feels the need to protect itself from the law!

How poisonous is Scottish football going to be when we enter the fray whatever the league might be? I for one am salivating at the prospect and hope that there will be utter carnage on and off the park.

Gorgie Rules

5 minutes ago, 4171 said:

Mulraney and lawell behind this..time for a few other clubs to unite behind us..

........    ......... Hehe

5 minutes ago, 4171 said:

Mulraney and lawell behind this..time for a few other clubs to unite behind us..

Delaying tactics till Lawell takes over on the board.

21 minutes ago, Rods said:

We should at this point fund a legal bid by Kelty and Brora directly against the SFA for their negligence to them duting this process.

I genuinely beleive this is the last act of desperate people.

Its really what it looks like eh.

The timing says it all. This could have been issued immediately, or upon conclusion but instead it comes in the middle? Clear attempt to scare us. 

I think Budge is made of sterner stuff and won't be buckling, hopefully if anything will strengthen her resolve to see this through to the bitter end. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts and Partick win their case at arbitration next week and are reinstated.  The SFA comes along and suspends the membership of both clubs for a season for taking the case to the CoS.  Dundee Utd and Raith find themselves back in the top tier and championship respectively. 

Job done at minimal cost to the SPFL and SFA (no compensation).

If we win the case the SFA would look very stupid if they punished us for being found correct by their own Arbitration Panel in brining action against a corrupt organisation.

If we win they should be looking to fine the members of the SPFL Board and their clubs for being corrupt.

As others have pointed out though there are persons on both the SFA and SPFL boards.

Corrupt from top to bottom, bring the whole lot crashing down Hearts.

Captain Canada

It wouldn't surprise me that they know they're going to lose and are laying the foundation for a huge points deduction which will effectively relegate both teams. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )