SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Barack said:

Mods could always just lock the thread temporarily...

Maybe we should for 24 hours to "reflect", as a (in)famous thread once was.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

David McCaig
Just now, Barack said:

Realistically just show common sense.

Wait for a journalist to tweet and then the info is in the public domain and we are free to comment.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not a good idea considering it's illegal.

Not if one of us were a journalist 

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Barack said:

True.

Journo's allowed to tweet updates though???

I'd be locking the entire message board for the duration.

5 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

I'm outside the court now, there must be around 500 Hearts supporters 

Ann Budge heralds brave new era for Hearts after millionaire ...

Many Partick fans turned up?

they would just start a new thread, granted that would be easier to spot anything that should not be posted

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Would they not just go direct to the JKB Mods?

Good point - even easier!    We're not anonymous to the Police is the point though and I think people should be sensible and not get carried away during a live court case.  

Edited by Gmcjambo

David McCaig
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

True.

Journo's allowed to tweet updates though???

Yes... the recent and far more contentious Alex Salmond case being a prime example.

Dallas Green
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Do you honestly think that you are going to go to jail for sending a conference call code that is available to anyone that wants it? 

It's not about the code. It's about posting info about a case as it is being heard. Pretty sure it is illegal. Unless you are an accredited journalist. 

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Do you honestly think that you are going to go to jail for sending a conference call code that is available to anyone that wants it? 

Not what we are talking about the poster he replied to initially suggested that someone summarise whats happening during live proceedings.

”Although not physically attending court, those dialling in are subject to the same rules as if they were present in Court. Anyone failing to obey or respect the authority of the Court may be subject to Contempt of Court proceedings. In particular, those accessing a hearing: 

*         must not record or store the proceedings 
*         must not broadcast the proceedings
*         must not, during the course of a hearing, comment on the proceedings using live texted based communications (such as Twitter). 

The Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service retain the copyright of live audio recordings of Court proceedings. Although you are welcome to listen to the proceedings, the re-use, capture, re-editing or redistribution of the material in any form is not permitted. You should be aware that any such use could attract liability for breach of copyright or defamation, in addition to the possibility of contempt of court proceedings.”

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

What about if you wear a disguise? False glasses, or something?🤔

That's what a VPN is 😉

lost in space

I dont really "do" Twitter but logged on and have Barry Anderson and Jamie Borthwick - neither saying they are going to be in court.

Does anyone know if any other journo is defo going to be there?

3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’m not confident.  I’ve just got used to the fact that the bad guys always win or get away with it nowadays.  

More important though, is that I’m as proud to be a Jambo as I’ve ever been because of how we’ve carried ourselves through this, from the patience and professionalism in the boardroom to the unity of the support in continuing to plough funds into the club at our lowest ebb.

Better days ahead, regardless of the outcome of this case.  

^ This

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

Believing in the justice of our cause we must fight this out to the bitter end. There is no other course of action left open to us.

^ and this 

Win, lose or draw, it's great that the club has the desire and wherewithal to fight this injustice. We were expected to roll over and 'take our medicine'.

Well not on this patch of Edinburgh. Not today.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523a6019b897d61c9478

Hagar the Horrible

On the 1st July our club stood in the trenches facing an enemy never seen before, when the whistle blew, they faced horrors we cannot imagine?  Today we face another enemy, if we lose we dust ourselves down, get on with it, nothing ventures nothing gained,  A loss for us is a loss for the game as a whole, corruption prevails.  Butwe have long memories and when we get the chance to be on the other side of the fence, we will remember.

Lets stick together, lets prevail regardless of the outcome, expect the worst, hope for the best.  We know we are right

This is Gorgie, lets make some NOISE!

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

I dont really "do" Twitter but logged on and have Barry Anderson and Jamie Borthwick - neither saying they are going to be in court.

Does anyone know if any other journo is defo going to be there?

Brian McLaughlin maybe

Neil Dongcaster

I’ve just noticed slits a webex. Can see this going spectacularly wrong unless there’s a host on the ball with mute powers.

:jj:

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

A few

I hope you have a box of eggs for when Doncaster arrives.

Civil disobedience!

jock _turd
Just now, Barack said:

Still think a Scooby-Doo type reveal mask is better.

Groucho Marx glasses and tach every time.

6 minutes ago, PSVJambo said:

Long Time fan, first time poster.

I have been following this situation from the Netherlands and one of the things which has struck me is the apparent intent to punish the club, not only by the SPFL/SFA but by the other teams in the premier league and this got me to wondering why.

Now the jealousy of the junkies from down the road is obvious but any rational person would think that the remaining clubs in the PL would want us in the top division not only for the revenue from away fans but it makes the league more attractive to Sky.

So what has the club done that everyone else is finding so threatening?

Now I might get shot down over this but here goes.

It is due to FOH.

Suddenly the club has financial backing to an extent that previously only the gruesome twosome have ever enjoyed.

This will mean going forward that we will be able to challenge for a CL place, both cups and, with a little luck, even the league occasionally.

What does this mean for the rest of the league?

Well starting with the Ugly Sisters: If Rangers miss Europe for two seasons they will be back in Admin, if Celtic miss for two or three they will be shedding players left & right.

The Sheep, the wee team and the rest are fighting over one spot.

As for the SPFL, as we are demonstrating today, we cannot be threatened into compliance with whatever diktats are issued by them on behalf of TRFC or Celtic.  

FOH/Hearts represent a threat to the GFA and their established order and that is the reason behind this whole campaign.

Thoughts?

The OF are only threatened by each other.

The gap between them & the rest doesn’t bother them in the slightest, & on the rare occasion in the past when we have pushed for 2nd or 1st, the corrupt refereeing or St Mirren bail them out.

The voting system has shown that change cannot & will not be allowed to happen.

David McCaig
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

I’ve just noticed slits a webex. Can see this going spectacularly wrong unless there’s a host on the ball with mute powers.

:jj:

Its a listen only connection... although it would be magnificent if we heard every member of JKB joining the meeeting

Cruyff has joined the call

Neil Dongcaster has joined the call

HagartheHorrible has joined the call

Repeat x 5000

If this hearing is just see if it will be dealt with by courts, or a sporting body, surely it's not sensitive information?

harrywragg
12 minutes ago, Shanks said:

that's not what the naughty lad was suggesting - he was suggesting an ongoing commentary of the proceedings 

Edited by harrywragg

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I hope you have a box of eggs for when Doncaster arrives.

Civil disobedience!

No chance he’ll be there - be safely ensconced in his bunker bog clutching copious amounts of padded Andrex. 

Edited by Deevers

15 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

That's likely to be true if you use a VPN outside of the UK,  otherwise it's a simply process for the Police to contact our internet provider and ask for our details.   

I'm sure the Polis have better things to do with their time. 

14 minutes ago, harrywragg said:

your IP /ISP code hidden is it ya dafty 

Yes. 👍 Yours probably isn't though. Dafty. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

I've dialled in early so that I dont get left out when it reaches max capacity!

They really need to work on their pre-match entertainment!!

hughesie27

This is getting punted to the SFA. You know it.

Edited by hughesie27

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This is like Christmas Eve and I’m 7

Bit young for Kickback aren't you?

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Would they not just go direct to the JKB Mods?

Snitches get stitches. 

vladisacoward

I’m amazed anyone seriously thinks this will go in our favour. It can’t and won’t. Doesn’t mean we weren’t right to take it on. An injustice has occurred and it needed to be challenged. I’d go further. As we saw recently with a certain high profile figure, Scottish justice is not what it could and should be. Expect more of the same today. So, I’d go all the way to the court of Arbitration for Sport. We’d have a good chance there as they have some idea what they are doing.

Comparing a dispute over football league divisions and compensation to the tragic and arguably needless deaths of countless young men... it’s bold opinion, I’ll give you that.

It should’ve been 12!

Has anyone tried to login to the call as yet? It asks for an attendee code then a unique ID number but assume you just press # as instructed and get through, think I’m on the call but no noise or confirmation of start time as yet?

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

SFA surely no have jurisdiction over company law plus it would be a huge conflict of interest considering Doncaster the leader of the board we’re taking to court sitting on the board of the SFA also.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You’re probably right, this whole process has been delaying tactic after delaying tactic!

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )