SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

If the DU motion is carried then there is no hearing for our case as it will be sent to arbitration. For Boreland read Snoreland. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Jambof3tornado

How long a slot do we have today? Could this carry over until tomorrow?

Thinking our setting out may take much longer than dundee utd

Just now, Last Laff said:

So the Judge can write it down. 

Aah, ok - cheers

14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its like fairy tale stuff - stop promotion /relegation if another covid 19 outbreak but its ok to do it this year !! have they actually said that out loud and think its reasonable ?

I reckon this has been a plan all along - certainly from that at Ross Country. Send us down on a "can't reconstruct this season" ticket, then move reconstruction next season by saying that due to a curtailed Championship, there should be no relegation/promotion.

For a supposed bible basher he's the ****ing devil - I trust our legal team are well aware of this possibility. 

surely if hearts win there case then dundee united and others would have to take the spfl to court not us at, the this moment in time. they are in the premier league as it stands therefor if the spfl lose this case then they claim against the spfl.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How long a slot do we have today? Could this carry over until tomorrow?

Thinking our setting out may take much longer than dundee utd

Judge said he might take overnight to decide how to proceed...just as well cos this DU boy is taking us to bedtime.

troonmaroon
3 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

If the DU motion is carried then there is no hearing for our case as it will be sent to arbitration. For Boreland read Snoreland. 

And if not carried, presumably spfl will seek to carry a motion too...? And only then might they reach the case? 

Jamboelite

I dont understand why they would go first surely it would be us or the SPFL and that decision would make the DU redundant or not.

listened for two minutes.

I'm out. 

Who

ever was 

talking

is slower than

glaciers

Jam Tartlet
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I reckon this has been a plan all along - certainly from that at Ross Country. Send us down on a "can't reconstruct this season" ticket, then move reconstruction next season by saying that due to a curtailed Championship, there should be no relegation/promotion.

For a supposed bible basher he's the ****ing devil - I trust our legal team are well aware of this possibility. 

They can get to f@ck with the no relegation/promotion next season nonsense. It literally makes no sense.

Wouldn't have been any need for it in the first place if things had been done correctly. Correctly would've been reconstruction, no Hearts relegated and Dundee Utd and whoever was in second place up. No (major) harm done financially. All it's done has made everyone else turn against Hearts through no fault of our own. A pandemic is a pandemic but unfortunately the clowns that run the game are incompetent fools who don't see the bigger picture. Didn't matter who was bottom, there shouldn't have been relegation unless the League had been finished. We are the laughing stock of Europe but as long as the SPFL are there in their present capacity, Scottish football will continue to be the backwater farce that it is.

14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If this becomes clear to be the plan, I really think the idea of resigning league membership to join England in whatever league we can get (with clubs like Bury going out the box, or Wigan going into Admin, things aren't looking bright down there which opens up the chance to enter at a higher level potentially). 

Its not an idea i'd have been keen to entertain, but this is just wrong on so many levels. Why entertain Scottish footballs bowling club mentality it any longer?

Edited by OTT

Just now, brux said:

Logged in to listen to this for 4 mins, dull, dull, dull.  Ill just await the outcome.

Where are you hearing it from?

This was SPFL trump card them 1st bore the judge he falls a sleep and then thinks stuff this throw out of court 

willie wallace
5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Dundee United can do one they got awarded the league then voted against reconstruction.

There is no way they are going to overturn Dundee Utd's promotion so reconstruction is a must for us.

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

QC for DUFC/Cove/Raith making the case for arbitration.

This SPFL happy to go along with ? . Bore us into submission ?

24 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No clubs should be backing this.

They will if we are in the Championship though.

13 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I dont understand why they would go first surely it would be us or the SPFL and that decision would make the DU redundant or not.

Not necessarily. The Dundee Utd motion is to retain their promotion. Even if that is accepted it doesn't effect Hearts who's motion is really all about re-instatement. They could instruct that promotion stands but relegation doesn't. They could also rule that Dundee Utd would have to go to arbitration but our case remains in the COS

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Did someone say today  is slated to last 2 hours ? 

Sounding more like a full hearing today. 

11 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Wouldn't have been any need for it in the first place if things had been done correctly. Correctly would've been reconstruction, no Hearts relegated and Dundee Utd and whoever was in second place up. No (major) harm done financially. All it's done has made everyone else turn against Hearts through no fault of our own. A pandemic is a pandemic but unfortunately the clowns that run the game are incompetent fools who don't see the bigger picture. Didn't matter who was bottom, there shouldn't have been relegation unless the League had been finished. We are the laughing stock of Europe but as long as the SPFL are there in their present capacity, Scottish football will continue to be the backwater farce that it is.

Nail. On. Head. 👍

PhoenixHearts

2 hours in to this bloody phonecall, suppose it's a good time to ask.... How much is this actually costing me?:sweat:

Riccarton3
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

QC for DUFC/Cove/Raith making the case for arbitration.

You expect that is where it will go initially. Dependent on how strong Hesrts, Jags can convince that there are factors that require specialized deliberation and such a move to arbitration would be futile. It really is a disgraceful mess engineered by people that should be absolutely nowhere near the game. A cancer. Doncaster, MacLennan, McKenzie. And certain individuals at other clubs that you cannot stop being involved in the game but they bring only disease.

bobskeldon
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

2 hours in to this bloody phonecall, suppose it's a good time to ask.... How much is this actually costing me?:sweat:

Thousands!!

girvanjambo

UK toll, I hope

bobskeldon

Unless you get awarded costs!

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

take it up with DU but they might want the SFA to get involved

Lunch until 2pm.

Looks like this may drag on until Friday.

Edited by neilnunb

Heartsmad1874

Back at 2pm. If not concluded today, Lord Clark is free from 2pm tomorrow or Friday.

Scran time :pleasing:

40 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Its like fairy tale stuff - stop promotion /relegation if another covid 19 outbreak but its ok to do it this year !! have they actually said that out loud and think its reasonable ?

I saw a report in the Daily Record the other day where the article clearly stated that due to the fact that less games would be played in the Championship it would be unfair to promote a club and therefore there would be no relegation either. This was/is to be part of the SPFL discussion today.

The strange things was that when I copied and pasted the article the part about the number of games etc had miraculouslt fanished. One other poster on here backed me up as he had read the very same thing.

It seems that they were either not meant to have published that part or were hastily asked to remove it by someone. All very strange.

5 minutes ago, jambo007 said:

This SPFL happy to go along with ? . Bore us into submission ?

SPFL had to be asked at the beginning of proceedings if they supported the DU request for arbitration because they had not filed a request on their submission. Tells you right away how arbitration would go. Judge suggested that there may not be time for arbritation. Lunch now and judge saying this is taking longer than first thought. This is likely to go on all week. DU playing for time in the knowledge that the court doesn't have time. Judge has just said after today he is only available tomorrow afternoon and Friday. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )