SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

heatonjambo
Just now, kila said:

I just straight out asked for dialling in access for the hearing between Hearts/Partick and the SPFL.

Not sure every dialling in code is unique for each person though. Think it is also a meeting code so probably just the one.

If that is the case I’m happy to share my code 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Or the man could simply be unwell ?

The SFA have form here so I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

heatonjambo
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Indeed and thanks for the PM too.    Let's hope we can understand what the hell is going on 😂

Pm me your code etc.

if its the same we may as well share it

Is this hearing likely to take long?  I just wonder how much has to be covered before the judge says Trial, Arbitration, or just bins the case?

Don't wish any harm to the man but the timing is really dodgy! Thy can now say they are so impartial that their chief executive is this former thistle CEO

Just now, frankblack said:

Is this hearing likely to take long?  I just wonder how much has to be covered before the judge says Trial, Arbitration, or just bins the case?

Have read it's 2 hours maximum

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The SFA have form here so I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It’s true. Bad knees from getting down in front of Liewell on a daily basis*.

*joke, may not be serious. Also applies to falsely awarded titles. 

5 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

If that is the case I’m happy to share my code 

They are probably counting the number of folk they have given the code to. If the actual number of callers exceeds that, you might find that the latecomers are not allowed on or, if the numbers are hugely over, that they terminate public dial-ins to the case altogether in order to stop a deluge. I would suggest that folk who want access request said access through the proper channels.

Edited by redjambo

davemclaren
1 hour ago, heatonjambo said:

Guys,

in all seriousness i am happy to provide hints if this is actually permitted. IE “we have hit the bar” or great save or 1 nill hearts.

can those with legal insight such as jambo66 etc outline what is feasible and what to look out for.

cheers

We’d rather stay out of jail so no live updates on here please. 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Don't wish any harm to the man but the timing is really dodgy! Thy can now say they are so impartial that their chief executive is this former thistle CEO

There is still commonality between the boards of the SFA and the SPFL. Thats far more concerning than Rod Petrie redacting himself or simply being ill and needing out for a while.

eyesandears

The Tache can't face the thought of another humbling by the mighty JTs this time in court and so he's getting his excuses in early. 

Just joking really, genuinely wish the guy a speedy recovery,

9 minutes ago, kila said:

I just straight out asked for dialling in access for the hearing between Hearts/Partick and the SPFL.

Not sure every dialling in code is unique for each person though. Think it is also a meeting code so probably just the one.

In my experience, it isn't but the call would be set for a maximum number of attendees. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The ball will be going out for a throw-in most of the time anyway

Edited by kila

heatonjambo

Ok guys i have good news.

KILA has confirmed we have the same dial in number that i thought is unique so therefore it should be available  to all.

Can those who have been given access pm me the first 3 and lat 3 digits of your access code to ensure this is indeed the case

cheers

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

👍

I'm sure Anderson or Brian McLaughlin will be there.

Best follow them and link to what they tweet or go through official channels.

It is quite simple per HeatonJambo although perhaps a little late in the day.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

In my experience, it isn't but the call would be set for a maximum number of attendees. 

There'll be a capacity cap on the technology they are using probably. It won't be designed for hundreds to be dialling in I don't think.

Though it is a toll number, so maybe they won't care if lots dial in!

1 minute ago, kila said:

There'll be a capacity cap on the technology they are using probably. It won't be designed for hundreds to be dialling in I don't think.

If it's webex they are using - I've used them previously for webinar type events where it was alleged there were thousands of attendees so don't think there would be an issue with this. Just be a media type server broadcasting and everyone listens in rather than it sending out multiple feeds.

Could be wrong though!

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I'm getting the popcorn in just in case. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I am more than a little concerned with all the information and proposed phone in posters information being in the public domain.

Hearts have a difficult enough job tomorrow without Hearts supporters behaving in such a manner.

I suggest if this is to be talked about it should by PM only and not in public

Footballfirst

The instructions are very much in line with what is expected of you if you attended in person.  

Bona fide journalists (they should be registered with the court) are allowed to live tweet during proceedings. Members of the public are not.  However, after the hearing, or during a break when you are not in the court room, you can comment on what was said in court through tweets, messaging, or other forums.

Those constraints appear to be maintained if you are dialed into the hearing.

One disappointment for me is that the dial in number is not a free-phone number, so unless your phone contract allows you unlimited minutes then it could end up costing you a fair bit. Fortunately for me the hearing is expected to be relatively short (1-2 hours) so it is doable with my mobile contract. 

No doubt there will be plenty discussion on the forum tomorrow.

For those who have not attended court proceedings previously, the discussions between the QCs and the court (the judge) can be confusing and at times very dry.

You might hear a QC refer the judge to paragraph 51 of the pleadings. Without the document in front of you it can be difficult to understand the point being argued or the context.

If the QC refers to some precedent, say Robertson v Goram 1990 then he might just read from the judgement, in language which to many people would not make a lot of sense.

So beware, it's not a TV drama.

8 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I don't even see it that way! What power do CAS over the laws of the UK? Why go to associations for them to construct a court of arbitration when we have gone to the court that can deal with our complaints... our complaints are based in two sections of company laws which as detailed in the petition we submitted to the court. If the law lord does reject the petition he will surely have to say it is on the grounds that he does not think that company law has been breached?

Hopefully he'll think it was. 

heatonjambo
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The instructions are very much in line with what is expected of you if you attended in person.  

Bona fide journalists (they should be registered with the court) are allowed to live tweet during proceedings. Members of the public are not.  However, after the hearing, or during a break when you are not in the court room, you can comment on what was said in court through tweets, messaging, or other forums.

One disappointment for me is that the dial in number is not a free-phone number, so unless your phone contract allows you unlimited minutes then it could end up costing you a fair bit. Fortunately for me the hearing is expected to be relatively short (1-2 hours) so it is doable with my mobile contract. 

For those who have not attended court proceedings previously, the discussions between the QCs and the court (the judge) can be confusing and at times very dry.

You might hear a QC refer the judge to paragraph 51 of the pleadings. Without the document in front of you it can be difficult to understand the point being argued or the context.

If the QC refers to some precedent, say Robertson v Goram 1990 then he might just read from the judgement, in language which to many people would not make a lot of sense.

Yes all good advice

i was going to publicly share the details but probably not a good idea.

there is no doubt it will be impenetrable for mere mortals like me.

as others have posted just quickly get in contact with the court with the details i posted earlier and you should get easy access.

not sure of the cost as FF state

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So basically if journalists are live tweeting what's being said, we can talk about it on the forum.

If this is referred to the SFA tomorrow, is that the trigger for requesting an interdict?

Just now, kila said:

So basically if journalists are live tweeting what's being said, we can talk about it on the forum.

👍

Yep - it's then in the public domain.

But if in attendance not what you believed was said or not untill the proceedings are over.

If attending best keeping own counsel until finished.

Edited by DETTY29

Not a clue how to work out how much the toll number is going to cost me. Three don't recognise it on their website when I fill in the call cost calculator.

I just rang the number just now and there was no warning that it was a toll number. Extremely posh woman saying 'WebEx blah blah' though! Probably cost me 50p that.

Boyces beard
16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Superb :robboyas:

Their Law Firm appears to be very reputable compared to ours.  Anybody got any reassuring thoughts on this

heatonjambo
9 minutes ago, kila said:

Not a clue how to work out how much the toll number is going to cost me. Three don't recognise it on their website when I fill in the call cost calculator.

I just rang the number just now and there was no warning that it was a toll number. Extremely posh woman saying 'WebEx blah blah' though! Probably cost me 50p that.

If it is a webex there is no limit I believe to those who can dial in!

just imagine 3000 Jambos paying 20p a minute for 2 hours

they better find in our favour

I emailed the address posted earlier too and have also been sent the details. Just email and ask for them and you will receive.

2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Their Law Firm appears to be very reputable compared to ours.  Anybody got any reassuring thoughts on this

It's the QC's that matter more.

Who is their lawyers anyway? 

13 minutes ago, kila said:

What's the phone number you need to call? 

Or at least part of it, if that is restricted info. 

35 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok guys i have good news.

KILA has confirmed we have the same dial in number that i thought is unique so therefore it should be available  to all.

Can those who have been given access pm me the first 3 and lat 3 digits of your access code to ensure this is indeed the case

cheers

It will 100% be the case. I use these calls for my work all the time. I still think anyone who wants the details should email and ask for them though, it takes about 30 seconds.

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

It's the QC's that matter more.

Who is their lawyers anyway? 

Shepherd and Wedderburn.

heatonjambo
Just now, Sooperstar said:

It will 100% be the case. I use these calls for my work all the time. I still think anyone who wants the details should email and ask for them though, it takes about 30 seconds.

You are right but i can confirm from a number of PM’s and the fact its a webex there will be no limit as they will make a fortune.

i can probably just post the deatils

Hagar the Horrible
12 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Yes all good advice

i was going to publicly share the details but probably not a good idea.

there is no doubt it will be impenetrable for mere mortals like me.

as others have posted just quickly get in contact with the court with the details i posted earlier and you should get easy access.

not sure of the cost as FF state

Just keep anything that you report on here, independant of what is being said,  Just remember you are at a game, we can get the jist from the live txt from  Journos,  but keep your self this side of legal, I have seen massive fines and a couple of weeks in jail.

Code gone to extra time....hearing to continue at a later date

The referee is Dallas...its not going to go well for us

Zibby in goals for them...its going well for us

Willie Collum has awarded them a penalty....its gone in their favour SFA to arbitrate

Rudi one on one with the keeper...Its going our way...

Robbo has scored.....the Court has decided the case is going to be heard by the courts

The have Hibsed it.....The SPFL have thrown in the towel, we are in the SPFL still

Does anybody have twitter and following a non knob journo?

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Why do you think ours are disreputable? 

heatonjambo
2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

@heatonjambo your inbox is full, could you please pm the number and code required. 
thanks. 

Cleared

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why do you think ours are disreputable? 

I didn’t say they were disreputable 

10 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

You are right but i can confirm from a number of PM’s and the fact its a webex there will be no limit as they will make a fortune.

i can probably just post the deatils

Yeah but they will know how many have dialled in. And if they realise the details have been widely shared, meaning they don't have any clue at all who has been dialled in, then they may be more reluctant to make similar proceedings available to the public in the future.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )