To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

15 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Edinburgh is a fast growing city which could easily support a club in the Championship or EPL. The chance for Hearts to grow in the English league are phenomenal. The fact that the SFA and SPFL are targeting Hearts and deliberately damaging us makes it incumbent that the club at least explore this option.  

100% spot on!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Football is coming home! Looks like fans are back below National League South and North! Which is fair because these clubs are at the heart of their communities! 

4AAC4AB4-7E66-49D7-A445-FCA87CE8E592.jpeg

Fxxx the SPFL
45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Edinburgh is also in Scotland. 

Berwick is in England, Swansea, Cardiff and Newport are in Wales.

No longer active
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

And Londonderry is in Northern Ireland !

Precedent is set all over the UK

Edited by George Cowie
typo

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Same thing right enough. 

We aren't joining the engerlush leagues, ever. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Same thing right enough. 

Shake football to the core here if we at least tried. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Shake football to the core here if we at least tried. 

I've got more chance of being the next James bond. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Same thing right enough. 

Correction, it’s not the English (engerlush) Leagues, it’s the English Football League - The English Football League is a league competition featuring professional association football clubs from England and Wales. And perhaps clubs from Scotland as well in the future!

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've got more chance of being the next James bond. 

Body not good enough and too old!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Correction, it’s not the English (engerlush) Leagues, it’s the English Football League - The English Football League is a league competition featuring professional association football clubs from England and Wales. And perhaps clubs from Scotland as well in the future!

And maybe NI, Belgium and Canada, who knows? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

And maybe NI, Belgium and Canada, who knows? 

You are absolutely 100% correct you never know!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Body not good enough and too old!

My body is perfect for role, and I'm the perfect age to be 007!

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My body is perfect for role, and I'm the perfect age to be 007!

Never say never again. 

4 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Nobody seems to have picked up on the following paragraph from Ann's recent statement:

"While events of recent months have undoubtedly slowed down some of our plans, we remain committed to achieving success at the top levels of Scottish football, a greater involvement in European football, expansion of our brand in international markets, investment in youth and ongoing growth and development of all of our commercial operations. Our objective remains to sit firmly at the heart of our community while succeeding on the bigger international stage that football offers."

This, to me, suggests that the club currently has no thoughts of leaving the Scottish system, particularly the bit about involvement in European football, as there is no chance of us achieving that through the English system for many, many years. If anything the statement reinforces Hearts' commitment to remaining in and strongly competing in Scottish football.

I've already said that I wouldn't be against a move, but the evidence suggests that we have no intention of even considering it.

Nudge nudge wink wink 😉

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

Edinburgh is a fast growing city which could easily support a club in the Championship or EPL. The chance for Hearts to grow in the English league are phenomenal. The fact that the SFA and SPFL are targeting Hearts and deliberately damaging us makes it incumbent that the club at least explore this option.  

Totally agree with you - and not just because of your username 😉

I massively advocate selling 49% to a billionaire and for FOH to keep majority control. Hearts as a club and Edinburgh as a city are hugely desirable. 

We recently were subject to a bid by a billionaire. We should do it - but no Saudi cash. 

Hearts need a strategic direction to grow the business and brand.

There are probably two options

1. Join a league where through fairness, honesty and equal treatment the club grow eg EFL

OR

2. Grow the club in situ organically and over time bridge the gap with two Glasgow clubs and in parallel shape and change the governing bodies.

Option 1 is straight forward with a good chance of success, assuming another league accepted Hearts as a member.

Option 2 is more challenging. Clearly over the last 5 years Hearts have grown significantly, ie increased turnover and investments eg new stand facilities will give further returns and growth in future.

However attempts to reshape governing bodies has failed and if anything these bodies have become more firmly entrenched with regards to changing the status quo.

So it’s make up your mind time. If the status quo prevails change will not happen and Hearts will not grow.

Edited by Jambo-Fox

No longer active
38 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

1. Join a league where through fairness, honesty and equal treatment the club grow eg EFL

OR

2. Grow the club in situ organically and over time bridge the gap with two Glasgow clubs and in parallel shape and change the governing bodies.

Option 1 is straight forward with a good chance of success, assuming another league accepted Hearts as a member.

Option 2 is more challenging. Clearly over the last 5 years Hearts have grown significantly, ie increased turnover and investments eg new stand facilities will give further returns and growth in future.

However attempts to reshape governing bodies has failed and if anything these bodies have become more firmly entrenched with regards to changing the status quo.

So it’s make up your mind time. If the status quo prevails change will not happen and Hearts will not grow.

If only we had a Sheik sugar daddy or someone with lots of cash to distribute to a football club rather than pay them in taxes? 

Then we could do a Man City and grow. Unfortunately the game in Scotland is nowhere near attractive enough for that global stage so surely remaining in the obscurity of being whipping boys to Celtic (that's how its been for years if we are honest) will go on, and on indefinitely unless a different opportunity arises. We need to scope this idea.

Edited by George Cowie

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

No we don't.

Of course we do all businesses and brands need that, the ones that don’t die!

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Of course we do all businesses and brands need that, the ones that don’t die!

We're a football club, we need teams to play and local support, the rest is fallacy. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We're a football club, we need teams to play and local support, the rest is fallacy. 

We are a business, a football business! Customers are required! And leaders that can think outside the box and connect the dots are also a requirement! Unless you want our football club to be just another, Raith Rovers, Dundee, Ayr Utd or Hibs!

40 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

OR

Are you genuinely suggesting that leaving Scottish football to go to the EFL is better and easier than challenging the SFA and Old Firm? We would win zero major trophies in England absolutely zero. 

We are a Scottish club and fight our battles in and with Scottish football and it's clubs for trophies. Anything else will be seen as running away. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

We are a business, a football business! Customers are required! And leaders that can think outside the box and connect the dots are also a requirement! Unless you want our football club to be just another, Raith Rovers, Dundee, Ayr Utd or Hibs!

Our customers come from Edinburgh and the lothians with a small amount of exceptions, and that isn't going to change.

It is what it is, people need to start making the best of what weve got instead of dreaming about fantastic nonsense. No offence, but that's what it is, 100%.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Are you genuinely suggesting that leaving Scottish football to go to the EFL is better and easier than challenging the SFA and Old Firm? We would win zero major trophies in England absolutely zero. 

We are a Scottish club and fight our battles in and with Scottish football and it's clubs for trophies. Anything else will be seen as running away. 

Depends what your success criteria are.

Certainly in my life time the old firm have run Scottish football aided and abetted by the authorities including refereeing ones. Recent events since March 2020 would suggest that nothing is going to change. Ann Budge / Hearts have given it their best efforts, the business performance has improved and is going on the right direction. However the authorities are more firmly entrenched in preserving the status quo than ever before and the majority of clubs have totally endorsed that and show no willingness to change whatsoever. Hearts deserve better.

Depends what your success criteria are.

Certainly in my life time the old firm have run Scottish football aided and abetted by the authorities including refereeing ones. Recent events since March 2020 would suggest that nothing is going to change. Ann Budge / Hearts have given it their best efforts, the business performance has improved and is going on the right direction. However the authorities are more firmly entrenched in preserving the status quo than ever before and the majority of clubs have totally endorsed that and show no willingness to change whatsoever. Hearts deserve better.

The Old Firm have run the show since God was a bairn. Hence their name. 

Hearts will continue to push for change but they need others, especially Hibs, to follow. 

Hearts are a community club, like many in Scotland,. Tearing that up and putting us in the EFL ain't the answer. Also where do we start in what is a genuine pyramid system? 

I'm as angry as anyone at the SFA and SPFL btw. 

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Our customers come from Edinburgh and the lothians with a small amount of exceptions, and that isn't going to change.

It is what it is, people need to start making the best of what weve got instead of dreaming about fantastic nonsense. No offence, but that's what it is, 100%.

That’s good that the majority of customers come from Edinburgh and the Lothian’s because that’s the way we like it! Hearts need a loyal customer base (Supporters) BUT they need a better product than they currently get!
Are there many Hearts supporters wanting to do wee journeys to wee teams to give them money now? I think not because not many care about another trip to Raith Rovers or Hamilton or Kilmarnock ever again!

Tynecastle is Hearts fortress and the strength of the club comes from everything that happens there!

Time for all Hearts fans to think big!

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The Old Firm have run the show since God was a bairn. Hence their name. 

Hearts will continue to push for change but they need others, especially Hibs, to follow. 

Hearts are a community club, like many in Scotland,. Tearing that up and putting us in the EFL ain't the answer. Also where do we start in what is a genuine pyramid system? 

I'm as angry as anyone at the SFA and SPFL btw. 

😯 “Hearts need Hibs” 😮 Mercer just turned in his grave!

Hearts will always be a community club.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That’s good that the majority of customers come from Edinburgh and the Lothian’s because that’s the way we like it! Hearts need a loyal customer base (Supporters) BUT they need a better product than they currently get!
Are there many Hearts supporters wanting to do wee journeys to wee teams to give them money now? I think not because not many care about another trip to Raith Rovers or Hamilton or Kilmarnock ever again!

Tynecastle is Hearts fortress and the strength of the club comes from everything that happens there!

Time for all Hearts fans to think big!

I thought you were on about building the brand, if we don't we'll die.

See if you could turn your energy and positivity to some feasible idea you might get somewhere but right now you're a used car salesman trying to convince people a Robin Reliant is a Porsche 911.

Edited by Smithee

😯 “Hearts need Hibs” 😮 Mercer just turned in his grave!

Hearts will always be a community club.

Don't twist my words. Hibs need to stand up and stop being Celtic's wee bitches. 

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I thought you were on about building the brand, if we don't we'll die.

See if you could turn your energy and positivity to some feasible idea you might get somewhere but right now you're a used car salesman trying to convince people a Robin Reliant is a Porsche 911.

I’ll have to give that some thought .... I think I’ll focus on why a Robin Reliant is better than a Porsche 911! And I’m sure if I had an unlimited supply of both I’d sell a lot more of the former!

10 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Sanity at last.

Hearts don't do running away🏃‍♂️

We are Scottish we should stay and fight our corner. 

How can we claim to be a community club when some want to desert our community and move to a foreign league. 

This thread has been mainly the same few posters repeatedly posting the same drivel over and over again. 

It's not even practical and if you asked Mrs Budge or anyone at Hearts they would laugh it off. 

See what you want, hear what you want, post what you want BUT a fact is, 66% of JKB voters think it is at least worthy of investigation!
However only 15% think it will actually happen.

F01ADB05-585D-47BA-BA15-4BF0E6232E87.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

See what you want, hear what you want, post what you want BUT a fact is, 66% of JKB voters think it is at least worthy of investigation!
However only 15% think it will actually happen.

F01ADB05-585D-47BA-BA15-4BF0E6232E87.jpeg

Only about a couple of hundred even bothered to reply. 

If this nonsense came to fruition then Ron Gordon would get his wish about Hibs controlling the football franchise in Edinburgh. 

Meanwhile Hearts would be playing in front a couple of thousand in the Northern regional league hoping to win promotion to the dizzy heights of the Conference. 

All those folk who had been shouting about playing in the English league would be complaining about missing the Derby and the matches against the OF at Tynecastle. 

Crowds of 17/18/19k would be a distant memory. 

19 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Totally agree with you - and not just because of your username 😉

I massively advocate selling 49% to a billionaire and for FOH to keep majority control. Hearts as a club and Edinburgh as a city are hugely desirable. 

We recently were subject to a bid by a billionaire. We should do it - but no Saudi cash. 

We would be a much more attractive proposition for serious investment if we were part of the English league rather than the increasingly corrupt and incompetent backwater of the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Libertarian said:

We would be a much more attractive proposition for serious investment if we were part of the English league rather than the increasingly corrupt and incompetent backwater of the SPFL.

If we ever reached the EPL we would be like a magnet for supporters from other clubs and Scots in England.

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

If we ever reached the EPL we would be like a magnet for supporters from other clubs and Scots in England.

They’d never get a ticket, Tynecastle would be sold out every week! We would need to acquire the school to rebuild the Roseburn and some NB land to expand and develop the Wheatfield and ....... don’t forget the corners, get them filled!

All a dream at present but with the right strategy executed correctly why not in 15/20 years time?

On 19/08/2020 at 18:26, Libertarian said:

Agreed - or if they were merged into a British Football Association.

• 4 months later...

Just when the pain eases slightly and you think Scottish Football governance can’t get any worse .....

The SPFL / SFA cesspit gets deeper, wider and smellier! How much more can we take? Perhaps time to climb out and consider other options?

Maxwell / Doncaster a pair of jokers! 

Honestly it is a complete naw for me.

Over the last twenty years I have listened to so many Celtic and Rangers fans talk about "escaping" Scottish Football and going to play in England. And as I have listened to them say it, I have always thought to myself how unbelievable arrogant they sound. As though playing in Scotland is somehow beneath them. I understand that Hearts fans pushing the argument to leave and go and play down the  road are making the argument for different reasons than arrogance, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

Personally I would like to see Celtic and Rangers piss off and play down the road because I think, despite what the media in this country think, I think Scottish Football would perhaps thrive with those two clubs out the way. We could have a competitive league where Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibernian, Dundee Utd, and possibly other clubs, could potentially be champions. I think crowds would maybe even increase under those circumstances. Just my theory.

ToadKiller Dog

Not going to happen , the FA would not touch clubs in dispute with their own associations even if they wanted us which they don't. 

If we want out our only route would be an Atlantic league im not enthused with that idea .

Not going to happen with regards to us joining the English league, However i must say i feel like a European/Atlantic league is very much on the horizon now, It's already being discussed more openly now and i think quite a few smaller clubs are going to fold unfortunately. We will survive I am %100 sure of that, I believe football will be a very different in the future though.

FanofInverness

I disagree with Hearts joining the English Leagues. 
It would be deeply humiliating for a Scottish club to join the English Leagues. It would make everyone think Scotland is part of England. I am not a nationalist. But the one thing I care about is people not thinking Scotland is part of England. That would be awful.  
Plus Hearts would do nothing in the English League system. 
Plus it would take decades for the club to even get into the English second tier, let alone challenge to be in the EPL. 
If you stuck Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea at the bottom of the English non league system it would take them 20 years to get back to the EPL again. Let alone chalenge for the title. 
It makes far more sense for Hearts to join the much talked about Atlantic League. In that case we could stick all the big 6 Scottish clubs, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United, in a new European Super League in the top division, playing against big sides straight away, in the top tier. We could play big sides from Norway, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden, Wales, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland, Belgium and Finland. 

The recent idea is that each club could get as much as 15 million pounds a year straight away.
Plus we would be starting in the top tier. It would mean when the big European Super League come around we will have a seat at the table. 

I do not see the point in joining at the bottom of the English non league system, when with an Atlantic League Hearts could be in the top tier straight away.   

Scotland should be at the forefront of a European Super League system instead of joining the bottom tier of the English system or waiting for the European Leagues to take off and then joining at the bottom tiers. 

I support the Atlantic League system. 

The Atlantic league option might be worth looking at but if it includes the big Dutch and Belgian clubs it would need serious investment to just to stay in it let alone compete.