Project Restart In Scotland Kicks Off

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Tynecastle with Changing Rooms/Tunnels either side of pitch is about only stadium suitable tbh.

Mind you, when it comes to fans, St.Mirren v Ross County could probably social distance at Saughton Enclosure.

Hibs fans should show how it’s done they have been doing social distancing since they where formed

image.jpeg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Jambof3tornado

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

husref musemic
16 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Its conclusive proof in my mind that the reconstruction group was just a total sham as we expected. 

so this was the point all along. bin the old season at all costs. it's all been a charade.

south morocco
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So they are thinking about games with fans in July

No reason why then they can't be league games to finish the season and if no fans is the way forward then the matches could be completed in 5 weeks

That would potentially save all parties a lot of money and bring a bit of sanity back to the league

Proof that the whole thing is a carve up. I simply don’t believe Sky won’t take a global pandemic into consideration to rearrange fixtures a bit. I’d like to see a statement from them on their position on this, won’t hold my breath.

Have I wakened to learn that Rod Petrie has come up with a recovery plan called Hubs?

Maybe they're right about me on .Ron.  Maybe I am losing the plot.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Proof that the whole thing is a carve up. I simply don’t believe Sky won’t take a global pandemic into consideration to rearrange fixtures a bit. I’d like to see a statement from them on their position on this, won’t hold my breath.

Haven't even bothered to report it on their rolling news thus far 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

"potential competition regulation amendments for season 2020/21"

"SPFL sub group formed to consider the structure and application of certain relevant Rules and Regulations" 

You can bet your last pound that once we've been expelled the SPFL will amend the rules to say no relegation in 20/21 season.

We have to fight this to the last or we're gone as a football club. Its that stark. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You can bet your last pound that once we've been expelled the SPFL will amend the rules to say no relegation in 20/21 season.

We have to fight this to the last or we're gone as a football club. Its that stark. 

Gone as a football club my arse.

Geoff Kilpatrick
25 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Gone as a football club my arse.

Without games and no top flight relegation next season? It is a real risk.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

With our fanbase, thats like saying if we go down and dont come straight back up again we'll what, all abandon our club??

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

With our fanbase, thats like saying if we go down and dont come straight back up again we'll what, all abandon our club??

Whoosh! Missing the point. With no games and no promotion, how are we covering costs?

jamb0_1874

Did I read that teams like Hamilton and Kilmarnock are going to be down to 5 or 6 players on their books next month. If so why would they then want to take on another 15/20 players when they aren't going to be getting any income coming in, to talk of anyway, from gate receipts etc and no way to get rid of them/furlough them if the whole thing blows up... 

David McCaig
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Someone accused me of being a Hibee at the weekend for suggesting that Dempster and Hibs have played a blinder here.

Basically Hibs have used the cover of the pandemic to make the most brutal attack on Hearts in our 146 years.

Make no mistake they want us dead!!! They don't just want us expelled, they want us out of football completely and being mothballed for 15 months isn't something easily shaken off... It also gives them a clear run on all football in Edinburgh for that period.

Hearts need to fight like never before here.

Edited by David McCaig

jamb0_1874
14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Whoosh! Missing the point. With no games and no promotion, how are we covering costs?

Have I missed something here. Are you saying that the idea is to only have premiership games next season? And mothball all other leagues?

5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Someone accused me of being a Hibee at the weekend for suggesting that Dempster and Hibs have played a blinder here.

Basically Hibs have used the cover of the pandemic to make the most brutal attack on Hearts in our 146 years.

Make no mistake they want us dead!!! They don't just want us expelled, they want us out of football completely and being mothballed for 15 months isn't something easily shaken off... It also gives them a clear run on all football in Edinburgh for that period.

Jack Ross putting the boot in now.  You are absolutely right.  It's like a declaration of war without wishing to sound too dramatic.

Well  my cabbagy friends, we are well and truly up for it and as history shows  you will again come a distant second.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

Have I missed something here. Are you saying that the idea is to only have premiership games next season? And mothball all other leagues?

That is a possibility, yes. Ask yourself how lower league clubs can cover the costs of paying players without fans? Indeed, I'd be surprised if Hamilton, St Johnstone and Livingston can do it.

jamb0_1874

I don't think many if any clubs could afford to pay players without fans tbh for any real length of time. Even the old firm who's wage bills are massive. It's all pie in the sky stuff...

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

The use of 'hub' stadiums to enable Scottish football to resume in front of fans is being considered by the game's Joint Response Group.

The venues would host "multiple matches over a weekend" with the plan being considered over the next fortnight.

Among the other issues discussed during the first two weeks of talks between six sub-groups are the practicalities of closed-door games, online streaming, virtual season tickets, and a change to the summer transfer window.

EDIT - Got my title wrong for the acronym

:facepalm:x100

Put Tynecastle up and charge them the moon?

Oh dear....!

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Notice there is no Hearts representative on any of these committees. 

Dominated by Scottish footballs Holy Trinity: Celtic, Aberdeen and hibs. 

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I actually think Dempster is very capable and manages to strike the balance between keeping the fans happy and doing what is right for her employers. 

Mind you, it helps that they are neatly aligned with Celtic. 

vegas-voss
3 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

I don't think many if any clubs could afford to pay players without fans tbh for any real length of time. Even the old firm who's wage bills are massive. It's all pie in the sky stuff...

This is not a unique thing to the SPFL there could be mass sporting redundancies in the UK.

Going to be a mental few months in the world of spectator sport as governing bodies try to find a way to make things work.

vegas-voss

What will happen if spectator sport is a no go for say 6 months to a year.Will all contracts just get cancelled and clubs will start from scratch in a year or so if they survive ?

julienbrellier

hearts and rangers should be doing everything possible to disrupt this plan. hope it never happens

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, julienbrellier said:

hearts and rangers should be doing everything possible to disrupt this plan. hope it never happens

But as shit as it is don't they need it to work especially Rangers as all clubs are going to need income somehow.

I'm not in favour of it I just don't know wtf is going to happen really about football being played again.

south morocco

If or when we are expelled, can you imagine the reaction if they basically block us out of playing football for however long this all lasts?  
Pretty sure the club will anticipate this possiblity and will determine their next course of action.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, south morocco said:

If or when we are expelled, can you imagine the reaction if they basically block us out of playing football for however long this all lasts?  
Pretty sure the club will anticipate this possiblity and will determine their next course of action.

As I say, add restraint of trade to the court action.

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Are the other 30 clubs really going to let the SPFL board have no other football being played other than the Premiership?

Surely the penny would drop to even the thickest chairmen of those clubs.

This is just typical of the insanity of thought, and self interest, that the SPFL board and it’s backers have.

The SPFL can not prevent us from playing football, if Hearts is capable of playing games in either the championship or premiership then we will. If the SPFL only run 1 league and prohibit us from playing in it then we will have to take them to court where we would win compensation very easily. 

Genuinely hope the new SPFL season goes down in flames and they lose mega bucks.  They have already decided that will be our fate so come on down the more the merrier.  Difference is we’ve seen this coming for a mile now.  The other clubs like your Hamilton’s and St Mirrens will be 100% reliant on TV money coming in and gate receipts.  Honestly don’t care what anyone says I hope they are all in deep waters very soon 👍👍👍.  We will be able to tell them there is no appetite for seeing them survive just now and also it’s common sense that they go under 👍👍👍

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Are the other 30 clubs really going to let the SPFL board have no other football being played other than the Premiership?

Surely the penny would drop to even the thickest chairmen of those clubs.

This is just typical of the insanity of thought, and self interest, that the SPFL board and it’s backers have.

They won't say you can't play lower league football but the conditions to do so, even behind closed doors, will be so onerous as to render it fiscally impossible. 

Edit: the SPFL will hide behind government health advice and wash its hands saying 'it wisnae us' 

Petrie is proposing to pull up the drawbridge on the premiership and feck everyone else. 

Edited by The Mighty Thor

merseyjambo
12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

Link below has the full list 

When you look at those lists of committee members, there is one thing VERY noticeable, Celtic and Hibs are represented on all 4 and Aberdeen on 3.

Not into conspiracy theories but................

Think we can all guess which stadiums are gonna be the Hubs can’t we? 
1. In Glasgow

1. In the capital 

1. In Dundee

thanks guys

6 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

The SPFL can not prevent us from playing football, if Hearts is capable of playing games in either the championship or premiership then we will. If the SPFL only run 1 league and prohibit us from playing in it then we will have to take them to court where we would win compensation very easily. 

Their argument will be that the member clubs voted to expel us. Not the SPFL

9 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

What will happen if spectator sport is a no go for say 6 months to a year.Will all contracts just get cancelled and clubs will start from scratch in a year or so if they survive ?

I think football will be played in some countries. The best out of contract players will go there regardless of location or you’ll have giant teams still signing everyone even though they can’t play

23 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

When you look at those lists of committee members, there is one thing VERY noticeable, Celtic and Hibs are represented on all 4 and Aberdeen on 3.

Not into conspiracy theories but................

Celtic have their proverbial finger in every pie and seem to make sure their “mini me” is right beside them to support them in what ever they want  A nest of  corruption from top to bottom. The only way forward with all of this is a complete restart and the organisation run by executives who have no connection with any club. The stink from the SPFL is horrendous. Shame on our media for not taking them to task.

It's a real shame this pesky virus is stopping everyone, or most, just shrugging their shoulders at the potential gross injustice to Hearts and the actual gross injustice to Partick and Stranraer and carrying on with business as usual.

The fact is that nothing has actually happened yet.  The virus remains king and football is a distant prospect.  Someone like Dempster will probably suggest that we could play on the moon as desperation increasingly kicks in but all to no avail.

Here in NZ we have far more people with ingrown toenails yet sport in front of crowds is still not even a distant prospect.

I hope we can have a proper season with all the surviving clubs commencing in July next near in front of non social distanced crowds.

Whether some dropkick in Glasgow awards the 20/21 title to Celtic is of no interest to me.

frankblack
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As I say, add restraint of trade to the court action.

That is what I was thinking.

Our compensation demands in court are getting bigger by the day.

Italian Lambretta
15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tynecastle could be used for this, 2 tunnels and 4 changing rooms would be a bonus..

about £5million should cover it

Plus the 3m demotion payment = 8m that'll do for starters

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Petrie is proposing to pull up the drawbridge on the premiership and feck everyone else. 

So in effect a restructure of all the lower leagues then is possible?

Save the SPL and then expect several lower league clubs, probably some in each league from the Championship down to go bust and then re-structure based on those that are left?  It is a possible outcome I guess but filled so many what if's.

Not saying your statement is not a possibility but it would be hard to sustain through to a conclusion.  I would have thought and any model like that would attract legal attacks on the SPFL, with Hearts leading the way surely.

Baldwigforjack
12 hours ago, south morocco said:

Jesus, it’s getting worse as each week passes. What a shower they are. Hope it fails at every hurdle 

I hope it fails at the first hurdle.

vegas-voss
54 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Save the SPL and then expect several lower league clubs, probably some in each league from the Championship down to go bust and then re-structure based on those that are left?  It is a possible outcome I guess but filled so many what if's.

Not saying your statement is not a possibility but it would be hard to sustain through to a conclusion.  I would have thought and any model like that would attract legal attacks on the SPFL, with Hearts leading the way surely.

I think bigger clubs will be in more trouble than little clubs will they not just because of overheads.Imagine for instance if Dundee have virtually killed themselves as no football will get played or at least with no crowds.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Legal attacks? Try physical attacks 😄

If they can start football in July the first priority should be to finish the current league campaign. 

Not that I think that there is any chance of football in Scotland this side of October. 

These committees are just talking shops full of 'committee men' who like the sound of their own voices. 

Glad we are having no part in it. 

Hundreds of people still dieing every day and they are fretting about playing football. 

I don't see how playing football is safe at the moment. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If they can start football in July the first priority should be to finish the current league campaign. 

Not that I think that there is any chance of football in Scotland this side of October. 

These committees are just talking shops full of 'committee men' who like the sound of their own voices. 

Glad we are having no part in it. 

Hundreds of people still dieing every day and they are fretting about playing football. 

I don't see how playing football is safe at the moment. 

Exactly. They could finish the current campaing in one calendar month.

vegas-voss
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Exactly. They could finish the current campaing in one calendar month.

Aye push back season opening until later date.I think most leagues throuout Europe are planning on doing this anyway.We seem to be the only league in the world that is told what to do by TV companies and we get a pittance for it as well.

I think we all know which stadiums will be used and clubs will receive a hefty fee for it.

i note that 12 clubs have agreed the plan. Is that the 12 including Dundee United and minus us.

What sweetener have we been offered.  Will some of our players go to the premier league sides on freedom of contract.

Will the bum cheeks be able to sell their big players to raise cash and then buy any quality players from cash strapped clubs on the cheap.

SectionDJambo
45 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think bigger clubs will be in more trouble than little clubs will they not just because of overheads.Imagine for instance if Dundee have virtually killed themselves as no football will get played or at least with no crowds.

Maybe Dundee know something we don't. Something that was said during the infamous couple of days they talked to the gangsters at the SPFL?

Something along the lines if "we'll make sure you are protected"?

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe Dundee know something we don't. Something that was said during the infamous couple of days they talked to the gangsters at the SPFL?

Something along the lines if "we'll make sure you are protected"?

Player loans with no wages to pay ?

I don't know the whole thing just ****s with my head have stayed away from the Terrace section of jkb for ages until a few days ago and now my head is scrambled thinking about just how ****ed we are.

fabienleclerq

There's no way this works. The logistics of getting fans to and from, in and out of stadiums while keeping their distance is impossible. Hard enough with the majority of clubs but imagine the old firm? The green half especially sneak into games already. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Player loans with no wages to pay ?

I don't know the whole thing just ****s with my head have stayed away from the Terrace section of jkb for ages until a few days ago and now my head is scrambled thinking about just how ****ed we are.

We will fight back. Just as soon as we know exactly what the extent is of the skullduggery going on in secret. They seem to come out with something new, just when we think it's as bad as it will get. 

I can't get my head round how a simple reconstruction to help every club was far too complicated and distracting, but this "hub" nonsense is radical thinking. It's desperation stuff from the main players, who want to be ready for the Champions League, if there are qualifying rounds this season, and the clubs who deferred wages, to look like the good guys, and now realise how much it's going to cost. 

Pie in the sky thinking, totally reliant on football fans being allowed in stadiums again, which isn't happening any time soon.