Project Restart In Scotland Kicks Off

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The use of 'hub' stadiums to enable Scottish football to resume in front of fans is being considered by the game's Joint Response Group.

The venues would host "multiple matches over a weekend" with the plan being considered over the next fortnight.

Among the other issues discussed during the first two weeks of talks between six sub-groups are the practicalities of closed-door games, online streaming, virtual season tickets, and a change to the summer transfer window.

EDIT - Got my title wrong for the acronym

:facepalm:x100

Put Tynecastle up and charge them the moon?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Jambof3tornado

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

The use of 'hub' stadiums to enable Scottish football to resume in front of fans is being considered by the game's Joint Response Group.

The venues would host "multiple matches over a weekend" with the plan being considered over the next fortnight.

Among the other issues discussed during the first two weeks of talks between six sub-groups are the practicalities of closed-door games, online streaming, virtual season tickets, and a change to the summer transfer window.

Surely multiple matches at THE SAME VENUE is the exact opposite of Social Distancing?

The stadia used will be those who voted the way the SPFL wanted. So Fester, Darkheid and Dens Park are naps

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I didn't notice and got the message,😀 actually thought it was quite good

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Are these the same six sub-groups that have a Celtic man on almost all of them, and an over-generous sprinkling of Sheep and Vermin?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I didn't notice and got the message,😀 actually thought it was quite good

Was good in my head :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Are these the same six sub-groups that have a Celtic man on almost all of them, and an over-generous sprinkling of Sheep and Vermin?

That's the fellas.

Unlike the Chewing the Fat sketch good guy w4nk, just w4nk after w4nk. Bitters great eh :)

Only the SPFL. 
let’s cram as many clubs as possible in a hub and play loads of games.  Aye, sure Sturgeon will be cutting the ribbon at that one.

what could possibly go wrong ???

arseholes

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

So we're going to finish the season then.ha ha!

It’s to start the next season is it not?

annushorribilis III
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

@davemclaren

Do me a favour Dave and take the acronym out :lol:

Apologies!

Leave it ! 😁

Don't be such a prisk about it. 

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I think this is for next season.

We should be doing everything possible to make sure this fails.

kingantti1874

Tynecastle could be used for this, 2 tunnels and 4 changing rooms would be a bonus..

about £5million should cover it

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Leave it ! 😁

Don't be such a prisk about it. 

:kirklol:

Ethan Hunt
8 minutes ago, 1953 said:

That might be the plan. Stranger things and all that.

ToadKiller Dog

What a lot of nonsense, sounds like they want to run a 5 a side tournament .

A spfl virtual st feck off I already pay for live tv through sky ant bt .

My ST money will go straight to hearts .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Believe so.

Clinical director from EEN

Hibs and Hearts fans’ hopes of watching their team in action before the end of the year remain up in the air after Scotland's national clinical director said it is still too early to say whether crowds will be allowed at sporting events in autumn.

But Professor Jason Leitch would be disappointed if elite sport has not returned by that stage after being asked about the prospects for Scotland's November Test series at BT Murrayfield amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster has warned of dire financial consequences if sport is played behind closed doors given its clubs' reliance on gate revenue.

The Scottish Rugby Union has also predicted a financial blow of more than £12million if games against New Zealand, Japan and Argentina do not go ahead in November.

When asked about that prospect, Prof Leitch told the Official Scottish Rugby Podcast: "It's too early to say. If you said they were in July I would say no crowds probably. November, I just don't know what will happen.

"There's too many variables. We might have treatment by then. We probably won't have a vaccine, although some of the real optimistic scientists think we might have. Most of the balanced ones think it will be into the new year.

"But there are 300 vaccine trials happening in the world today, two of them are at phase two, which is human trials, but there are a whole lot of stages after that. Most of them will fail, that's what usually happens.

A bit more after that, but not hopeful, just too early to say

Tynecastle with Changing Rooms/Tunnels either side of pitch is about only stadium suitable tbh.

Mind you, when it comes to fans, St.Mirren v Ross County could probably social distance at Saughton Enclosure.

Let’s have an SPL World Cup.  

Daily Record pull out with pics of all the stadia and venues.  Premier Inns and Travelodges being sold out as we speak for club bases.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Notice Kevin McKenna was saying, German Leagues are going to play every 3 days, for example have Tuesday ko at 10am and a Friday ko at 8pm, so recovery times over the 3 days are longer. Makes no difference what time you play without fans

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Tynecastle with Changing Rooms/Tunnels either side of pitch is about only stadium suitable tbh.

Mind you, when it comes to fans, St.Mirren v Ross County could probably social distance at Saughton Enclosure.

those fans could social distance  on a  Subbuteo pitch

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

someone needs to explain how you could possibly have fans at games?

And all at the same ground!!!

Jambof3tornado

No point in discussing ifs buts and maybes. So many variables.

How are we meant to socially distance in a stand??? Only way it works is if everyone masks up.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Let’s have an SPL World Cup.  

Daily Record pull out with pics of all the stadia and venues.  Premier Inns and Travelodges being sold out as we speak for club bases.

Packing my case now. 😅

well i see some company is doing full size cardboard cut-outs (for filling up empty stadiums) if you upload a picture of yourself  ..you can be there-cost about 20 euros or something

See if the SPFL hadn't dived into a decision weeks ago, this could've been something we could genuinely monitor and consider for the current season. I imagine that all major leagues will be watching the Bundesliga this weekend to see how it works, and if all goes to plan, they'll look to follow suit.

The principle is most definitely worth discussing, just not the specifics they've mentioned.

annushorribilis III
39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Parkhead, Ibrox and one other to be decided on a penalty shoot out. 

PS

Hibs - "reconstruction , you say ? Allover it !"

Also Hibs - "hub stadiums , like Hubz stadium ? ", Hing oan, Leeanne dinaae cancel ra Travelodge yet doll". 

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

well i see some company is doing full size cardboard cut-outs (for filling up empty stadiums) if you upload a picture of yourself  ..you can be there-cost about 20 euros or something

For Borussia Dortmund ? 

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And all at the same ground!!!

that is the bit which has truly gasted my flabber. so bring the teams together to play at a small number of stadia but then include bringing fans. so we can use these small number of stadia to infect lots of fans from differing places and help spread covid 19.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

See if the SPFL hadn't dived into a decision weeks ago, this could've been something we could genuinely monitor and consider for the current season. I imagine that all major leagues will be watching the Bundesliga this weekend to see how it works, and if all goes to plan, they'll look to follow suit.

The principle is most definitely worth discussing, just not the specifics they've mentioned.

Correct. It won't happen anyway but if it did then it should be to complete this season not start the new one.

Can't think why they are so keen to start next season. 

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Sounds like Jason Leitch is taking a long stinky piss into Lawell, MacLennan and Doncaster’s chips.

4 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

For Borussia Dortmund ? 

Yeah think they did it. sporting stadiums in Japan too i believe

The Mighty Thor

The key thing in the press release was that this was for the Premiership only. Lower Leagues are onto plums. 

Its ****ing imperative that we are fighting the expulsion as we'll not be playing football otherwise. 

44 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I don’t think they had any Hearts representation either. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The key thing in the press release was that this was for the Premiership only. Lower Leagues are onto plums. 

Its ****ing imperative that we are fighting the expulsion as we'll not be playing football otherwise. 

Might be more cost effective though 

annushorribilis III
27 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This. 

Mid Calder Jambo
30 minutes ago, Zico said:

Sounds like Jason Leitch is taking a long stinky piss into Lawell, MacLennan and Doncaster’s chips.

He is from Airdrie so a piss on Lawells chips would a pleasing experience for him.

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Would rather a number of teams died before it restarted. Not usually like that but honestly couldn't give a feck now

Where I’m at Jeff.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

So most games will be postponed anyway due to copious amounts of snow and ice. 

Morons.