Project Restart In Scotland Kicks Off

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

There's no way this works. The logistics of getting fans to and from, in and out of stadiums while keeping their distance is impossible. Hard enough with the majority of clubs but imagine the old firm? The green half especially sneak into games already. 

There will be no fans at games. Not a hope in hell.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Mikey1874

• Jambof3tornado

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

David McCaig
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

And even if they were, they certainly won’t be directing them all to the same stadium.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Think we can all guess which stadiums are gonna be the Hubs can’t we? 
1. In Glasgow

1. In the capital 

1. In Dundee

thanks guys

Nope, common sense, less populated areas, Fife, Inverness, Aberdeenshire (note shire) and Dundee, Dundee I find strange since it was riddled

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Pure fantasy. The tv ticket is the best idea, not sure I'd bother paying it, I'd want to see every last penny was going to Hearts before I touched it

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

St J and Hamilton are used to that anyway that gives them an unfair advantage 🤣

Edited by Hearts007

vegas-voss
21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We will fight back. Just as soon as we know exactly what the extent is of the skullduggery going on in secret. They seem to come out with something new, just when we think it's as bad as it will get. 

I can't get my head round how a simple reconstruction to help every club was far too complicated and distracting, but this "hub" nonsense is radical thinking. It's desperation stuff from the main players, who want to be ready for the Champions League, if there are qualifying rounds this season, and the clubs who deferred wages, to look like the good guys, and now realise how much it's going to cost. 

Pie in the sky thinking, totally reliant on football fans being allowed in stadiums again, which isn't happening any time soon.

It's just trying to copy England but they are only doing it with to finish the season and with zero fans.Scottish version is bonkers at first I thought fair enough but then I realised they wanted fans there and it's really only for the top 12.

One thing if the season goes ahead lower league clubs should be allowed to stream there games  in Scotland to generate income if no fans are allowed in grounds as we don't have any TV money to fall back on.

Edited by vegas-voss

vegas-voss
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pure fantasy. The tv ticket is the best idea, not sure I'd bother paying it, I'd want to see every last penny was going to Hearts before I touched it

We will see no money from TV deal so lower league clubs should all be allowed to stream there games in Scotland to generate income individually to try and recoup lost ticket money.

Doncaster has been talking about the league cup taking place in July, so I think folk are getting the wrong end of the stick in terms of just the Premiership starting. To me, that’s in relation to tv options. That’s how I read it. 

Just now, Koolkeith said:

Doncaster has been talking about the league cup taking place in July, so I think folk are getting the wrong end of the stick in terms of just the Premiership starting. To me, that’s in relation to tv options. That’s how I read it. 

Yes

Its significant there is also a new tv deal for the Betfred Cup - Premier Sports.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

Its significant there is also a new tv deal for the Betfred Cup - Premier Sports.

Yeah. The main reason they’re desperate to call the league is to get the new tv deals started. If this wasn’t happening, then they might not be pushing so hard. 

vegas-voss

I read yesterday the Hubs were to be used for Championship and lower league games.Im not sure if the Championship was regarding to the top league though as it wasn't from a Scottish source I read it.Also though on league clubs playing in a select set of stadia how is that going to work.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We will see no money from TV deal so lower league clubs should all be allowed to stream there games in Scotland to generate income individually to try and recoup lost ticket money.

Yeah that's the idea

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I read yesterday the Hubs were to be used for Championship and lower league games.Im not sure if the Championship was regarding to the top league though as it wasn't from a Scottish source I read it.Also though on league clubs playing in a select set of stadia how is that going to work.

It is all a bit bald men fighting over a comb but Hearts need to fighting and disrupting this regardless. We cannot be outside this carve up. 

Imagine trying to socially distance through turnstiles? :vrface:

Especially the shite ones at Easter Road, that reject tickets if not scanned perfectly to the millimetre, and then you have to back out through the crowd to get them re-set.

5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Especially the shite ones at Easter Road, that reject tickets if not scanned perfectly to the millimetre, and then you have to back out through the crowd to get them re-set.

you would need to clean each turnstile between each use

Nookie Bear
37 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Thanks for raising my seethe levels another notch 👍

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Was trying to work out the social distancing for our lower wheatfield section( i know we are looking at hubs). 28 seats in a row, lower wheatfield is about 10 rows so 280 folk. How many fit if we have to stay 2m apart?? Not even at many as 40, how does that work as an option???

45 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Perhaps each league is allocated a stadium to play games? Who knows. 

Surely the only hubs they could use for loads of games in quick succession would be those with plastic pitches? 

vegas-voss

Perhaps each league is allocated a stadium to play games? Who knows. 

One or two games on each day everyday 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely the only hubs they could use for loads of games in quick succession would be those with plastic pitches? 

Well that fits in with banning tackling and all the other shite they want to introduce to make players safer!!

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Nope, common sense, less populated areas, Fife, Inverness, Aberdeenshire (note shire) and Dundee, Dundee I find strange since it was riddled

I’d put money on it being Darkhead, Fester & Dens

I'm intrigued to know how officiating will work. Impossible to socially distance and referee or run a line. As they are paid on a fee per game basis and have jobs outside the game it's going to be really difficult to persuade them to do games as they are taking the same risks as players.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Was trying to work out the social distancing for our lower wheatfield section( i know we are looking at hubs). 28 seats in a row, lower wheatfield is about 10 rows so 280 folk. How many fit if we have to stay 2m apart?? Not even at many as 40, how does that work as an option???

Using very quick, and probably incorrect maths:

If the social distancing says that we have to leave 2 metres apart: The seats are about 40cm wide, so you could sit on a seat, but then have to leave 5 empty before the next person, so 1 in 6 seats will have someone in it.  That brings the attendance down from 20,000 to about 3500 right off the bat.  

However, you can't have people behind you or in front of you either.  I reckon 3 rows would realistically leave enough space for a 2 metre gap, meaning 1 in 4 rows could be filled.  That brings the maximum safe attendance at Tynecastle as less than 875 people.  This doesn't account for seating anomalies (where there are partial rows, blank spaces or seats cut out).  This probably knocks off a good number of seats, bringing it to around 800. 

800 people at the game is almost pointless for us, especially as that figure again could easily be halved for unknown variables.  You also then have the issue; what if someone in the middle of the row needs to go to the toilet or wants to leave early.  They can't squeeze past people, otherwise it defeats the purpose entirely.  So do you make it so that people can only sit on the end of rows, 2 people per row, per section?  You'd have about 200 people in the stadium.

I'm not sure about you, but I don't think I would even want to sit in the stands in that kind of isolation.

SectionDJambo
19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

But what happens if somebody wants past to go to the toilet? Then what happens in the toilets? They can’t stop people smoking in them, never mind have them social distancing.

It’s a non starter thought up by people who haven’t sat in the cheaper seats for years.

vegas-voss
9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Using very quick, and probably incorrect maths:

If the social distancing says that we have to leave 2 metres apart: The seats are about 40cm wide, so you could sit on a seat, but then have to leave 5 empty before the next person, so 1 in 6 seats will have someone in it.  That brings the attendance down from 20,000 to about 3500 right off the bat.  

However, you can't have people behind you or in front of you either.  I reckon 3 rows would realistically leave enough space for a 2 metre gap, meaning 1 in 4 rows could be filled.  That brings the maximum safe attendance at Tynecastle as less than 875 people.  This doesn't account for seating anomalies (where there are partial rows, blank spaces or seats cut out).  This probably knocks off a good number of seats, bringing it to around 800. 

800 people at the game is almost pointless for us, especially as that figure again could easily be halved for unknown variables.  You also then have the issue; what if someone in the middle of the row needs to go to the toilet or wants to leave early.  They can't squeeze past people, otherwise it defeats the purpose entirely.  So do you make it so that people can only sit on the end of rows, 2 people per row, per section?  You'd have about 200 people in the stadium.

I'm not sure about you, but I don't think I would even want to sit in the stands in that kind of isolation.

So social distance at your work unless your work is a  sport.If it is a sport mingle with up to 30 odd folk at a time ( rugby )

But remember if you are not paid athlete jog two metres apart in crowded parks 😂

Edited by vegas-voss

10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

But what happens if somebody wants past to go to the toilet? Then what happens in the toilets? They can’t stop people smoking in them, never mind have them social distancing.

It’s a non starter thought up by people who haven’t sat in the cheaper seats for years.

Stopping passing means 2 people per row. 

Hardly worth it. 

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We dont allow anyone up to the toilet during matches as it ruins the atmosphere. Point i was making was no danger can fans attend games if we must maintain 2m social distancing. Its simply balls to think otherwise.

vegas-voss
12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We dont allow anyone up to the toilet during matches as it ruins the atmosphere. Point i was making was no danger can fans attend games if we must maintain 2m social distancing. Its simply balls to think otherwise.

Totally the only way I see clubs surging and it's horrible is that players are released from contracts and the league's start up in a year or so.Big TV leagues are fine but for everybody else in the world they leagues have to be halted until it is safe for fans to return and that's not just football.I mean **** me in England they are still trying to get round how to train safely never mind actually play. 

vegas-voss

Going back to England you can only train in groups of 6 but you are going to be able to play full games on game day 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I’d put money on it being Darkhead, Fester & Dens

They will avoid Glasgow, too densely populated, too high risk, just wont fly. One argument the SPFL will not win is with Govt

frankblack
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Stopping passing means 2 people per row. 

Hardly worth it. 

Its not just passing in the rows - what about stairs, entrance, exit, toilets.

vegas-voss
24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its not just passing in the rows - what about stairs, entrance, exit, toilets.

Leave one row at a time.Slop out buckets will be left at then end of each row of seats for those that need a pish - Rod Petrie 

frankblack
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Leave one row at a time.Slop out buckets will be left at then end of each row of seats for those that need a pish - Rod Petrie 

Won't sharing a bucket cause different types of social distancing considerations? 😷

joondalupjambo
4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I think bigger clubs will be in more trouble than little clubs will they not just because of overheads.Imagine for instance if Dundee have virtually killed themselves as no football will get played or at least with no crowds.

Could be the case but as with any business it will be down to cash flow in terms of remaining in existence.  Celtic, and Rangers for that matter seem to attract investment and investors from all over the place and given that they could survive through loans I would of thought.  

If no football was being played, and players gradually left clubs due to contracts being ended or them being paid off I guess the question is how long could any club survive with no income from TV and/or crowds and running the business at an absolute minimum?  You know just keeping the lights on and no more, mothballed in effect?  

I have no idea but that would be a good cash flow plan to see from a club in the SPL.  Lower league clubs may not be any different in terms of mothballing, again not sure but without seeing these types of costed plans it is hard to call.

33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Won't sharing a bucket cause different types of social distancing considerations? 😷

Yes, which is why there will be, instead of the above ridiculous idea, obligatory catheter insertion and use for registered spectators.

vegas-voss
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes, which is why there will be, instead of the above ridiculous idea, obligatory catheter insertion and use for registered spectators.

I think you took my post too serious

😂

Or I took your post too serious.I must stop skim reading 😂

Edited by vegas-voss

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I think you took my post too serious

😂

Or I took your post too serious.I must stop skin reading 😂

My tongue was firmly in cheek, VV. :)

So how long have you been reading skin? Is it more interesting with or without tattoos?

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

My tongue was firmly in cheek, VV. :)

So how long have you been reading skin? Is it more interesting with or without tattoos?

I should also proof read everything I post 😂

Just now, vegas-voss said:

I should also proof read everything I post 😂

The forum would be much duller if folk started doing that. ;)

Blackford Hearts
22 hours ago, Rods said:

I think this is for next season.

We should be doing everything possible to make sure this fails.

We have. Hearts have stayed off all committees and allowed SFA / SPFL to jointly organise

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Two Hibs or Celtic fans pishing in the same bucket would mean they would be consenting to marrying each other would it not?

vegas-voss
8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Two Hibs or Celtic fans pishing in the same bucket would mean they would be consenting to marrying each other would it not?

😂

11 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

A case of mixing their drink.

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How do you build a wall at a free kick with social distancing?

3 man wall, either end facing away and a big fat ******* inbetween!!

Its as good as it gets.