Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

kila

Legal action poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

braveheart
3 hours ago, hueyview said:

No.........      Just have A good season of wins and seeing different grounnds. And coming up....

And pour more money into the coffers of those teams that despise us🤮

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• davemclaren

• SMJ_1874

downunder jambo

We absolutely must take this further! If that means going to court then that's what we have to do. Perhaps those of us who can afford it could contribute something towards the legal expanses?

If we had been relegated by (still) being bottom of the league after 38 games then fair enough, but we are being expelled/demoted with 24 points still to play for, which is completely unjust.

I will be incredibly disappointed if we do not fight this right to bitter the end.

braveheart
1 hour ago, rogers said:

AB has been very naive..played like a fiddle. Just too much of a lady..thinking she could trust these people to do the right thing by correcting the horrendous resolution that was presented to the clubs.

She doesn't have to consider options, there is only one now... and  is through the football pyramid for appeals, then legal action.

Likely Hearts can go immediately to the legal route and sue and have this thing reversed . Doesn't matter what whoever's  rule book says about no legal challenges.

Lawyers don't cost millions... get a good legal group together and go all the way.

AB has to realise that, in football, there are no friends. They will cut your throat while shaking their free hand with yours if it benefits them.

Stop being so nice..be like them. Go after them, take them down. They are all laughing at Hearts that we have wasted so much time on something that, in reality, didn't stand a chance of being accepted. 

Enough time has been wasted already.  It makes me furious that, despite a clear path to get the legal team set up, we are in this really unacceptable and unlawful situation.   

Get tough, hard nosed, no nonsense legal people to go with tremendous aggression.

No more one man band style friendly talks.

This cannot stand.

Saved me writing all that 100%

Guest ToqueJambo

I'm in two minds. On the remote chance we win, the blazers would spend the next few years trying to get back whatever compensation we're awarded.

I would rather we focus on the next season than have anymore off field distractions. However, if it looks like football isn't happening for a long time, suing for financial compensation seems reasonable - especially if other leagues don't relegate teams - and I'd like to see Doncaster and co explain themselves in court as they're never going to do it voluntarily.

We and the other relegated teams should absolutely get significant compensation from the SPFL though. Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County for example will make millions at our expense because they escaped relegation thanks to being able to vote us down. The threat of legal action might make it easier to get that comp. But again, the SPFL have no shame. They didn't even have the good grace to sympathise wth Thistle and Stranraer for relegating them. They are utter arseholes.

That's what gets me about this and it's not being discussed in the media. Teams like County, Hamilton and St Mirren are profiting from other teams being sent down early.

Edited by ToqueJambo

18Jambo_dave74
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's what gets me about this and it's not being discussed in the media. Teams like County, Hamilton and St Mirren are profiting from other teams being sent down early.

Correct and in fact we’re often being depicted as the ones that are acting out of self interest.

Celtic voted to win the league.

Motherwell and Aberdeen voted to gain euro qualification.

St Johnstone voted to finish in a higher position (more money).

Hibs voted to relegate their rivals.

Ross Co, Hamilton and St Mirren all voted to stay up and avoid relegation/ play off. 

Marty Byrde
1 minute ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Correct and in fact we’re often being depicted as the ones that are acting out of self interest.

Ross Co, Hamilton and St Mirren all voted to stay up and avoid relegation/ play off. 

How would we have voted if we weren't bottom?

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Absolutely right. 

frankblack
37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we don't fight we are finished. Simple as that.

Precisely.   Most legal opinions are that that the SPFL wouldn't have a leg to stand on in a substantial damages claim.

JamboCraig

Of course we should take legal action against this corruption. I’ll be making a significant contribution via the club, as crowdfunding will take a percent. If they choose to take legal action that is.

niblick1874
8 hours ago, Mike Tyson said:

We blew our chance when Budge agreed to attempt league construction instead, even though that never had a chance of working. We were relying on that, and Rangers not being full of hot air.

We're done. We get it. Ten or so posts in and the thread is now a bust. Couldn't you have kept it to yourself a little bit longer. Couldn't you have thought of the children. 

5 hours ago, swedishjambo said:

Eejits like you we can do without!

now there’s a coincidence....

5 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s absolutely reeking of vermin.  

Many are - popping up like a rash!

niblick1874
7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Doubt it, we pulled together a million at short notice when we were in the shit. How much did we raise for the flag in a few of days? 

I think there is the depth of feeling here to raise a fair old bundle.

Yep. Time for her to ask the question of us. It has to be done very shortly and not in a weeks time. Step forward Anne. We will. 

niblick1874
2 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

I think.......FTH.  How about you my buckaroo. 😊

Libertarian

I would personally donate £100 to any crowdfunding appeal in order to challenge the legality of forcibly removing Hearts from the Premiership. Hopefully legal proceedings would drag on for months pulling the entire corrupt charade of the SPFL down. 

Unknown user

It depends what we're talking about. If we end up in the second tier and believe we have a strong legal case that we can afford to lose without negatively impacting our rebuild then yes, we should sue for the loss of income. 

If we're talking about joining the hun in a legal stomping of the feet, the only purpose of which is to prevent the title being awarded to celtic and **** up scottish football out of spite then no.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It depends what we're talking about. If we end up in the second tier and believe we have a strong legal case that we can afford to lose without negatively impacting our rebuild then yes, we should sue for the loss of income. 

If we're talking about joining the hun in a legal stomping of the feet, the only purpose of which is to prevent the title being awarded to celtic and **** up scottish football out of spite then no.

I really don't care if the game in Scotland is fecked up or not. It deserves all it gets.

4 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

FTH

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we don't fight we are finished. Simple as that.

The time for pleasantries is over. Hit them with a huge nasty lawsuit. Let the tigers of the law world maul them.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I really don't care if the game in Scotland is fecked up or not. It deserves all it gets.

We don't exist in a vacuum, we're a scottish football team.

****ing up scottish football isn't in our best interests, damaging it's income damages our income, increasing its expenditure damages our income. 

If we expect to gain 3m with those wankers paying for it then I'm in, otherwise it's damaging to us and them.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We don't exist in a vacuum, we're a scottish football team.

****ing up scottish football isn't in our best interests, damaging it's income damages our income, increasing its expenditure damages our income. 

If we expect to gain 3m with those wankers paying for it then I'm in, otherwise it's damaging to us and them.

It is but the time for magnanimity is over. If they are kicking us out of the house that is tottering then I want to set it on fire on the way out.

johnthomas
10 minutes ago, rogers said:

The time for pleasantries is over. Hit them with a huge nasty lawsuit. Let the tigers of the law world maul them.

Not a lawyer but 'hitting them with a huge nasty lawsuit' doesn't sound quite right to me .

Care to expand on this ?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It is but the time for magnanimity is over. If they are kicking us out of the house that is tottering then I want to set it on fire on the way out.

I get the emotional response, I'm just done with it. I want what's best for Hearts and if we're in the second tier that means getting ourselves back where we belong, not transferring money out of scottish football, including from ourselves, and into lawyers' pockets.

I don't expect everyone to agree, I'm not trying to convince you, just where I am now.

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not a lawyer but 'hitting them with a huge nasty lawsuit' doesn't sound quite right to me .

Care to expand on this ?

When you are dealing with a situation that, in your opinion is injurious to your organization and has no legal merit in  your opinion, and is proceeding regardless, then unleashing a nasty (strong) lawsuit against the parties has to be launched. The right solicitors will know what to say. The type that go for the jugular and don't care about anyone's hurt feelings. You don't want a bunch of real estate lawyers handling it.

The SPFL is a limited company, if it was incorporated then you could have gone after the assets of each and every member of the SPFL board.  This is no time to be nice....that's been tried.

6 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

We'll never know but I would have been really hacked off if we voted to relegate clubs..... That should never have been allowed to happen.     We've been rank rotten but look at Partick,   it's astonishing member clubs voted to relegate them.    It's morally wrong and will leave a stain on Scottish football for years to come.    I wonder how many leagues around the world will be relegating clubs during Covid crises.        Leadership suggesting there was not another possibility just ineptitude. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

I get the emotional response, I'm just done with it. I want what's best for Hearts and if we're in the second tier that means getting ourselves back where we belong, not transferring money out of scottish football, including from ourselves, and into lawyers' pockets.

I don't expect everyone to agree, I'm not trying to convince you, just where I am now.

What happens if there is no Championship season?

David McCaig
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

What happens if there is no Championship season?

Then we are mothballed alongside all the other lower league sides and cease to effectively exist until a vaccine is found!!

Beast Boy

I agree with those who are saying that there could quite easily not be any football outside of the top division for a while. If that is what transpires, then every club that has voted us in to this position cannot be forgiven.

No “time is a healer” shite, please. Already too many Hearts supporters who don’t reciprocate the malevolence shown towards us by certain clubs.

David McCaig
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

I agree with those who are saying that there could quite easily not be any football outside of the top division for a while. If that is what transpires, then every club that has voted us in to this position cannot be forgiven.

No “time is a healer” shite, please. Already too many Hearts supporters who don’t reciprocate the malevolence shown towards us by certain clubs.

The club who’ve played a blinder in all this are Hibs, surely Ann Budge can now see that Hibs actively want to put us out of business and have Edinburgh to themselves... which to be fair should always be something we are trying to do to them.

Beast Boy
Just now, David McCaig said:

The club who’ve played a blinder in all this are Hibs, surely Ann Budge can now see that Hibs actively want to put us out of business and have Edinburgh to themselves... which to be fair should always be something we are trying to do to them.

Her blind spot for them is pretty damaging tbh. I get it, my Grandad on my Mum’s side was a ‘game about Edinburgh Football supporter’, but those days are long gone. We are talking about a rival club who’s fan base actively tried to put us out of business, and who’s previous chairman couldn’t even put on an AGM without having a dig at us. A club that a previous Hearts owner tried to buy over. 

We are not friendly rivals, and she’s not alone in failing to grasp this, but it’s more damaging that she doesn’t. She’s put her trust in this ****ing Dempster weasel for god knows what reason, and she’s stabbed her in the back more than once now.

If nothing else good comes from all of this, I hope it’s that every supporter, and every Hearts employee finally open their eyes to these reptiles.

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Then we are mothballed alongside all the other lower league sides and cease to effectively exist until a vaccine is found!!

reeks

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

reeks

Pardon?

Believing that Hibs have completely screwed us over makes me Hibs?  They have played dirty and played nasty which is exactly what Ann Budge should have been doing.

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Her blind spot for them is pretty damaging tbh. I get it, my Grandad on my Mum’s side was a ‘game about Edinburgh Football supporter’, but those days are long gone. We are talking about a rival club who’s fan base actively tried to put us out of business, and who’s previous chairman couldn’t even put on an AGM without having a dig at us. A club that a previous Hearts owner tried to buy over. 

We are not friendly rivals, and she’s not alone in failing to grasp this, but it’s more damaging that she doesn’t. She’s put her trust in this ****ing Dempster weasel for god knows what reason, and she’s stabbed her in the back more than once now.

If nothing else good comes from all of this, I hope it’s that every supporter, and every Hearts employee finally open their eyes to these reptiles.

My view is that Edinburgh is only big enough to have one genuinely large club and we should doing everything in our power to make that club Hearts and if that means undermining Hibs so be it.

Nelly Terraces

Budge mugged off again. No surprise. When it comes to football she is a serial loser.

8 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

How would other clubs have voted if they were bottom? Pointless debate.

We’re here now and the situation is not OK. It needs to be fought and it’s our battle because we’re the ones being shafted financially big time.

Brechin the worst team in all the leagues but they are immune to relegation. Also interesting they are on the SPFL board. Lack of playoffs shouldn’t matter, the season wasn’t even finished. They should be down too but it’s clear how corrupt the SPFL are. 

Edited by kila

28 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

There should be room for both teams. 

We both have our own fan bases and nobody in the current generations is going to switch sides. 

I agree it is an act of treachery from them. They had no reason other than an opportunity to harm us for voting yes to te SPFL proposal. 

What goes round comes round, when things are back to normal we should  not take any tickets from them and give them the minimum required at Tynecastle. 

Ex member of the SaS

If we roll over and take this I am done with football. Budge fell for the carrot of leading the reconstruction group, surely she knew the outcome and was prepared for it? If not then she is a mug ( something I never took her for. ) and should go.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

and **** up scottish football out of spite then no.

That would be a huge YES from me.

Chuck Berry

We need to go in studs up and take everything.

Together with Partick Thistle we have a very strong case, it's time to show up Doncaster & Co for what they are, a corrupt shower of shite.

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

We need to go in studs up and take everything.

Together with Partick Thistle we have a very strong case, it's time to show up Doncaster & Co for what they are, a corrupt shower of shite.

On the subject of Partick. 

Why would they take legal advice which advised them they had a good case and then not take action. 

I have the feeling they are not done with this either. 

Could be a joint action.? 

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There should be room for both teams. 

We both have our own fan bases and nobody in the current generations is going to switch sides. 

I agree it is an act of treachery from them. They had no reason other than an opportunity to harm us for voting yes to te SPFL proposal. 

What goes round comes round, when things are back to normal we should  not take any tickets from them and give them the minimum required at Tynecastle. 

However Edinburgh does have a very transient population with incoming workers/students etc... so there is probably a far larger base of potential new supporters than most cities.

Just now, luckydug said:

Why would they take legal advice which advised them they had a good case and then not take action. 

i'm sure they said it was the cost that was stopping them

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I suspect Partick don't have the funding to fight a legal case on their own, so they focused resources on keeping people in jobs and the club afloat.  I'm sure they will be up for it if there is a joint action where the financial risk is reduced.

Hearts1975
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm in two minds. On the remote chance we win, the blazers would spend the next few years trying to get back whatever compensation we're awarded.

I would rather we focus on the next season than have anymore off field distractions. However, if it looks like football isn't happening for a long time, suing for financial compensation seems reasonable - especially if other leagues don't relegate teams - and I'd like to see Doncaster and co explain themselves in court as they're never going to do it voluntarily.

We and the other relegated teams should absolutely get significant compensation from the SPFL though. Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County for example will make millions at our expense because they escaped relegation thanks to being able to vote us down. The threat of legal action might make it easier to get that comp. But again, the SPFL have no shame. They didn't even have the good grace to sympathise wth Thistle and Stranraer for relegating them. They are utter arseholes.

Exactly. Most of the teams that voted against it could easily have been relegated if the league was played out. 

Jambo-Fox

Legal action! Legal action! Legal action!

over 90% want Hearts to take legal action!

Can someone outline the legal action that is proposed? On what grounds? And what the desired outcome is?

I’d be happy to contribute but I’m interested in understanding the detail!

Legal action! Legal action! Legal action!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Legal action! Legal action! Legal action!

over 90% want Hearts to take legal action!

Can someone outline the legal action that is proposed? On what grounds? And what the desired outcome is?

I’d be happy to contribute but I’m interested to understand the detail!

Legal action! Legal action! Legal action!

I would build on the legal advice given to Partick and then supplement that with the fact that the SPFL have been highly selective in the application of their rules.

I would also argue whether the actions of the SPFL Board could reasonably be said to be in the interest’s of ALL members.

gashauskis9
34 minutes ago, Gambo said:

That would be a huge YES from me.

Correct.  My loyalty is to Heart of Midlothian football club, not Scottish football.