Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

kila

Legal action poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not legally.

If your taking legal action then.........ach, im wasting my time. 

Enjoy the summer.

SPFL got the votes needed to call the season. They were waiting (still are?) on Celtic's Champion's League spot being clarified by UEFA before officially announcing it.

The way things have played out so far, and the lines Doncaster has spat, do you really think Hearts won't be thrown under the bus here?

Edited by kila

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• davemclaren

• SMJ_1874

davemclaren

I would certainly support legal action, if we have a reasonable chance of success. Also happy to put some money towards it.  

Jambo diehard

It might be an expensive white elephant for us? 

If the legal team thought it worthwhile then aye but  if not save our cash and use it in a fitba sense? 

It would be pretty splendid if we won and were awarded £5m in damages.  While other clubs were fighting for survival with no money coming in and their ST money having been spent, we would be rolling in it.

Not to mention wage deferrals.

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

As nothing has been decided why would you seek legal action?

Let the cards fall then act appropriately. 

I suppose the idea right now would be to make it very clear that we are

looking into legal action in the event of expulsion. 

Back to 2005

Clubs in Holland are also threatening legal action. UEFA should be laying down the law but as ever they are only interested in the big leagues.

Official_AB

Why don’t we start a just giving page now? & start generating income to give to the club for the legal battle! 

we soon will own this wonderful club, time to make our voices heard & let’s take on the SPFL 

Official_AB

Worst comes to worst the club decides not to do the legal battle! All the money we raise goes into the club to help with operating costs 

IronJambo
3 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Why don’t we start a just giving page now? & start generating income to give to the club for the legal battle! 

we soon will own this wonderful club, time to make our voices heard & let’s take on the SPFL 

It looks like it could make some cash. Maybe an hour's worth of legal time?

Yes. 

We face losses in excess of £3m. Something no club in Scotland is being forced on besides us. We signed up to a 38 game league, okay, these are extenuating circumstances but league reconstruction was the only way to ensure no losers. 

Whats happened to us is totally unacceptable, unfair and worth of legal action for damages as a result of the reckless actions of the SPFL board. 

Ann can either leave now or commence legal action. 

Beast Boy
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Yes. Maximum damage required.

This. Hopefully it drags on and Aberdeen, Hibs, St Johnstone and a few others go Bristol North.

Stranraer have ruled out action because they cannot afford it....similar to what Partick Thistle said at first

Do we have class action type civil actions? 

Having Hearts, Partick. Stranraer clubbing together would reduce expenses as costs could be shared. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, westbow said:

I'm waiting to hear Gordon Strachans opinion. 

blah blah $#!te, blah blah blether, blah blah Sheltic, blah blah hilarious.

Beast Boy
11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

It looks like it could make some cash. Maybe an hour's worth of legal time?

Doubt it, we pulled together a million at short notice when we were in the shit. How much did we raise for the flag in a few of days? 

I think there is the depth of feeling here to raise a fair old bundle.

OldGorgie
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Of course we should and Budge should have taken that stance from the start!

Getting involved in that sham reconstruction working party had to end in disaster! How she could see that is mind blowing!
No way were Hibs or Celtic going to do anything that would save Hearts - she should have known that but again she has proven she is out of her depth in the cut throat shitty business that is Scottish football.

100% this.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Hearts stand to lose out on around £3 million from the expulsion. Let’s take that back shall we.

Maybe different circumstances but it was ok to reconstruct the league in the 90s which saved bottom

placed Hibs.

They actually finished bottom after a full compliment of matches.  

We should only take legal action if we’ve got a very good chance of winning. Right now, every club’s priority should be to survive the coming months. It would be the height of stupidity to waste cash on a fruitless legal adventure.

Scallywag

It's time we adopted the self interest philosophy that so many SPFL clubs are happy to boast about. Take it to court, no way should Hearts take the full  financial hit for a pandemic.

Beast Boy
6 minutes ago, superjack said:

So the hibbys are at 12 votes now, can we get them banned please mods?

It’s not so easy to tell some Hearts supporters from vermin interlopers these days. The majority in that group are probably Hearts. I know that at least one definitely is.

OldGorgie
2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s not so easy to tell some Hearts supporters from vermin interlopers these days. The majority in that group are probably Hearts. I know that at least one definitely is.

Totally agree. You can spot the Hobos with their wait and see attitude. We’ve been shafted. Legal action should have begun several weeks ago.

who do Hearts take to court the 10 Premier teams that voted for the season to end. or the SFA/SPFL for implementing the wishes of it club members... I have heard the talk about going to court but never anyone saying who they would take to court....

jambo-in-furness

I’ve got a £100 burning a hole in my pocket,  please someone,

Get it Done

jambo-in-furness
4 minutes ago, b-reed said:

who do Hearts take to court the 10 Premier teams that voted for the season to end. or the SFA/SPFL for implementing the wishes of it club members... I have heard the talk about going to court but never anyone saying who they would take to court....

the SPFL who should have had the stomach to make a decision and not sent it to a vote which only set club against club and started this bitter in fighting,  what’s the point in paying Doncaster a whacking great £330000 salary if all he does is organise an election.

No.........      Just have A good season of wins and seeing different grounnds. And coming up....

Lone Striker

If Ann can get a trusted senior legal opinion on what basis we'd be suing or challenging the SPFL - and that opinion suggests a good chance of winning - then I'm in.     Having said that, I like the idea mentioned above about getting a fighting  fund started now to help the club.

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

If Ann can get a trusted senior legal opinion on what basis we'd be suing or challenging the SPFL - and that opinion suggests a good chance of winning - then I'm in.     Having said that, I like the idea mentioned above about getting a fighting  fund started now to help the club.

If league finishes prematurely no club should be financially punished or words to that effect. 

12 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

the SPFL who should have had the stomach to make a decision and not sent it to a vote which only set club against club and started this bitter in fighting,  what’s the point in paying Doncaster a whacking great £330000 salary if all he does is organise an election.

What do you think their decision would have been?

Paint the town maroon

I voted No. does that mean I am barred from this forum 😱🙃🙄

Given the decision is a SPFL board decision (100%) and given the board have asked club to make decision (81% voted for it) then we have limited legal grounds in my opinion. Certainly not to overturn a relegation decision, compensation? Maybe but I just don’t think we have the time and money to go after this.

We need to ship out players, find a new manager (Robbo), transition AB out and build a young hungry squad to get out of the championship. Getting the supporters back on side is crucial. If we can do all that and get compensation great. I just don’t see it.

I cannot take Hearts being relegated by a corrupt cabal and every bone in my body wants to fight this. If, as seems likely, Budge has been led up the garden path , then surely she must see this as a personal insult to her intelligence. We are being humiliated. So legal action has to now be mounted. I’ll donate . If we meekly accept I’ve had it.

DaveT1984

No real alternative but to take legal action. This could ultimately be a fight for the survival of our club.  Anyone who thinks the club can guarantee anything in regards to games next season needs a reality check! We need to wake up as we are simply becoming collateral damage for the rest of Scottish football to survive! 

Official_AB

So let’s get a fund page started! 

like I say worst comes to worst club don’t sanction the legal battle! All the money raised goes to the club to help save proof the club going forward! 

number-16

Judicial review with an injunction on paying out top tier prize money until the case is determined. Draw it out until one of our competitors goes bust and falls below us with a points deduction.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Why? 😄

He was offered a pre season game with a big hitter Dave lol 

2 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Judicial review with an injunction on paying out top tier prize money until the case is determined. Draw it out until one of our competitors goes bust and falls below us with a points deduction.

That’s the kind of talk I want to hear. We are dealing with a dirty , corrupt mafia so we fight  back and shaft them twice as hard. Or Budge let’s our belly be tickled? 

Official_AB

It’s upto us to fight this! Look at the actions we had to take to get levein to stand down! 

similar action is required! I’ll throw money into the pot for a legal case as many others would I imagine! 

just needs setup! 

1 hour ago, Jambo diehard said:

It might be an expensive white elephant for us? 

If the legal team thought it worthwhile then aye but  if not save our cash and use it in a fitba sense? 

Unfortunately I’m inclined to agree. The SPFL and SFA are corrupt to the core. We’ll never win this. Liewell probaly has some smelltic beak in their pocket. Their lawyers will be better than our lawyers. There was no smoking gun and our cause is futile. We could spend 100’s of thousands in legal fees and the net result will be the same. Take our medicine, regroup, keep our powder dry and live to fight another day. We need to save our cash and spend it wisely. I hate the governing bodies and I wish them nothing but abject failure. I’ll never support the national team agin until there’s a complete rebuild of the internal infrastructure. However there’s more than one way to skin a cat and if we, the fans have solidarity then we can make waves when required. Better together is it not? 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

OldGorgie
20 minutes ago, DaveT1984 said:

No real alternative but to take legal action. This could ultimately be a fight for the survival of our club.  Anyone who thinks the club can guarantee anything in regards to games next season needs a reality check! We need to wake up as we are simply becoming collateral damage for the rest of Scottish football to survive! 

Yet some morons on here think it’s something to make jokes about.

OldGorgie
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Unfortunately I’m inclined to agree. The SPFL and SFA are sorry it to the core. We’ll never win this. Liewell probaly has some smelltic beak in their pocket. Their lawyers will be better than our lawyers. There was no smoking gun and our cause is futile. We could spend 100’s of thousands in legal fees and the net result will be the same. Take our medicine, regroup, keep our powder dry and live to fight another day. We need to save our cash and spend it wisely. I hate the governing bodies and I wish them nothing but abject failure. I’ll never support the national team agin until there’s a complete rebuild of the internal infrastructure. However there’s more than one way to skin a cat and if we, the fans have solidarity then we can make waves when required. Better together is it not? 

What a bunch of crap

13 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

So let’s get a fund page started! 

like I say worst comes to worst club don’t sanction the legal battle! All the money raised goes to the club to help save proof the club going forward! 

The worst part of it is the club don't deserve our money. 

Official_AB

We don’t do anything & were seen as walkovers! We need to fight this till the very end, you can’t legally relegate a team when your own rules state 38 fixtures must be played to determine relegation. 

we aren’t getting relegated, it’s an expulsion

Corrupt to the core!!  We must fight 

Official_AB
Just now, Homme said:

The worst part of it is the club don't deserve our money. 

your probably right to a degree but at the end of the day it’s our club! We need to support them with this!! 

There’s been bad times before & we all rallied! Let’s do it again! 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Stranraer have ruled out action because they cannot afford it....similar to what Partick Thistle said at first

Can the SPFL afford it?

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What a bunch of crap

We’ll make noises but we won’t start legal action. It’s too costly. As much as I’d love to fight the good fight, we don’t have the funds for it and  I know this for a fact. Stick to your pant wetting though.