Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

kila

Legal action poll  

1,059 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hearts take legal action for being expelled from the top flight?

17 hours ago, braveheart said:

And pour more money into the coffers of those teams that despise us🤮

Get what you're saying....   Just have to get over this unfairness...   The legal avenue is still there

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• davemclaren

• SMJ_1874

brawlad74

Not been a Budge fan of late but very good statement. Now need to see these options considered and if we're demoted bring in legal guns..Feck em all no way should we lie down to this..

Hopefully she makes it clear we are taking the expulsion but we will go to court for reparations. Frankly who wants to be part of their league if we can come out of this mess with 3 million in the bank its actually not all bad. We were going down with a whimper before. Now we have a galvanised fanbase, Money in the bank and time to rebuild this time it won’t be a crusade to change football this time it will be about the football team.  

7 hours ago, Rods said:

Hopefully she makes it clear we are taking the expulsion but we will go to court for reparations. Frankly who wants to be part of their league if we can come out of this mess with 3 million in the bank its actually not all bad. We were going down with a whimper before. Now we have a galvanised fanbase, Money in the bank and time to rebuild this time it won’t be a crusade to change football this time it will be about the football team.  

Taking (accepting) the expulsion and just going after cash.  I don't think so.  

frankblack
2 hours ago, rogers said:

I am not sure if the courts can overturn decisions made by the SPFL.  If it can, I'd target two things:

- Firstly ask the court to declare the league void.  This would cause maximum damage to both the SPFL and cash-strapped clubs - prevent Dundee United getting promoted and deny Celtic the league for winning nothing.

- Damages should be sought second with legal costs awarded.

Realistically I think it’s our only option. No legal expert, just my understanding of where we are at. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll back whatever action we feel will drive the biggest pain in the arse to the league. Feck them all.

Can’t believe 41 people on here have voted no! 

Absolutely bizarre and another example of us as a football club and partly as a country accepting mediocrity. 

I have barely read read an article about this whole fiasco because I ain’t interested. It simply cannot happen and if it does (which it won’t) I will never set foot inside an away ground ever again.

(other than Inverness and other who have backed this and would question the loyalty of anyone who does) 

Edited by red

5 minutes ago, red said:

Can’t believe 41 people on here have voted no! 

Absolutely bizarre and another example of us as a football club and partly as a country accepting mediocrity. 

I have barely read read an article about this whole fiasco because I ain’t interested. It simply cannot happen and if it does (which it won’t) I will never set foot inside an away ground ever again.

(other than Inverness and other who have backed this and would question the loyalty of anyone who does) 

There are at least two people who have selected NO that are hibs fans kidding on they’re jambos. Although I haven’t read any of his posts, Goldenhibby raises alarm bells as well, which would make 3 

colinmaroon

The legal action should be aimed at damages, made higher by loss of TV revenue if Premiership games go ahead with new TV coverage for most games  especially if behind locked doors, plus the fact Championship games wont get that coverage  if the Championship isn't actually mothballed. 

The possibility of a get out for the SPFL crooks would be to declare the season null and void.

frankblack
18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The legal action should be aimed at damages, made higher by loss of TV revenue if Premiership games go ahead with new TV coverage for most games  especially if behind locked doors, plus the fact Championship games wont get that coverage  if the Championship isn't actually mothballed. 

The possibility of a get out for the SPFL crooks would be to declare the season null and void.

The SPFL won't do this unless the courts can be bade to order it.  However I am not a lawyer so others might be able to clarify this.

portobellojambo1

Interesting reading in a Daily Record piece online this morning saying that Rangers have announced that they will cover the costs of any court actions taken by the clubs who challenge the SPFL.

Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

Interesting reading in a Daily Record piece online this morning saying that Rangers have announced that they will cover the costs of any court actions taken by the clubs who challenge the SPFL.

Hopefully Partick and Stranraer take them up on the offer. We should pay our own way.

14 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Should be a good poll for weeding out some trolls 😂

Couple of genuine Hearts supporters on there for definite. One who comes across as a great lad when he posts on here. The other is *edit*. I think the vast majority will be Hearts supporters, but some posters will have voted incorrectly by mistake, some will obviously be Hibs vermin, and others will just simply have a different view to the majority of us. Once you take out the vermin and the accidental ‘no’ votes, the percentage will be even lower than it is at the moment. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy
Trying not to be naughty

BelgeJambo
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Couple of genuine Hearts supporters on there for definite. One who comes across as a great lad when he posts on here. The other is ****. I think the vast majority will be Hearts supporters, but some will have voted incorrectly by mistake, some will be Hibs vermin, and others will just simply have a different view to the majority of us. Once you take out the vermin and the accidental ‘no’ votes, the percentage will be even lower than it is at the moment. 

Crowdfunder has voted no strangely 

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Yep. There will be mistaken votes for sure. 

40 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I did try and reply a long winded reply to your question on the other thread but was pulled down before I finished. 

There are many reason for a no vote but ultimately the cost will be too great to bare if we are faced with going it alone.  The club can’t afford what could be reaching in to 7 figures if it goes wrong. It’s not that I don’t want to challenge any ruling. We’d have to sue for compensation and loss of earnings and that’s a very hard decision to prove given the global pandemic. If we lose we also pay the other sides court costs. How would you feel if there was a 4th option that stated the following caveat that, if we lose we could go bankrupt and into administration again. The gamble is massive and the odds against us.

Our only hope is that we join forces with Rangers, Partick and Stranraer to raise a near 7 figure sum in which to give the club a free swing at this. This is the game changer and there was no poll for this option. 

Seeing as there was no 4th option and the poll is very black and white with no inbetween. I voted to no to protect the club and it’s resources and to ensure in the years to come, there will always be a Heart Of Midlothian. 

I sincerely hope I’ve answered your question and you can see the reasoning behind my views. 

BelgeJambo
2 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I did try and reply a long winded reply to your question on the other thread but was pulled down before I finished. 

There are many reason for a no vote but ultimately the cost will be too great to bare if we are faced with going it alone.  The club can’t afford what could be reaching in to 7 figures if it goes wrong. It’s not that I don’t want to challenge any ruling. We’d have to sue for compensation and loss of earnings and that’s a very hard decision to prove given the global pandemic. If we lose we also pay the other sides court costs. How would you feel if there was a 4th option that stated the following caveat that, if we lose we could go bankrupt and into administration again. The gamble is massive and the odds against us.

Our only hope is that we join forces with Rangers, Partick and Stranraer to raise a near 7 figure sum in which to give the club a free swing at this. This is the game changer and there was no poll for this option. 

Seeing as there was no 4th option and the poll is very black and white with no inbetween. I voted to no to protect the club and it’s resources and to ensure in the years to come, there will always be a Heart Of Midlothian. 

I sincerely hope I’ve answered your question and you can see the reasoning behind my views. 

Fair enough SJ

Any response from the club yet?

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

wasn't it they would cover the cost of an independent inquiry rather than costs of legal action v spfl?

braveheart
16 hours ago, Zico said:

H1B5 ***** and daft *****. 

Hope you and the family are safe and well. 

How sad is this!off the 43 currently who voted no 10 have made kickback donations.off the 1st 10 yes voters 8 had made donations.just saying likes........🥱not scientific or anything!

highlandjambo3

In AB’s statement, I cannot believe that they did not even read the proposal she had drawn up with the task force before voting..........how very rude of them.  I’d have went ballistic right there and then, what a completely unprofessional and shambolic organisation shown up time and time again.  

So, they ask Ann to head up a restructuring task force and, she comes back with a proposal that they cannot even be bothered to hear out let alone consider.  She mentioned a few old faces, it will be those dinosaurs that scuppered this.

Clearly bending for Sky and to pot with any fans.  Hope Sky sports goes bust with mass cancellations..........

Am f** raging now.

Edited by highlandjambo3

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'll back whatever action we feel will drive the biggest pain in the arse to the league. Feck them all.

That's certainly the starting position. Worst case scenario for the League buys you better leverage,  because there will be negotiation.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Yep. There will be mistaken votes for sure. 

Not if you read his posts on the thread. 

Everyone's entitled to change their mind though👍

41 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Not a lawyer or judge but I am not sure that would be the case.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Not a lawyer or judge but I am not sure that would be the case.

It’s up to the judge if he awards them or not. 

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not if you read his posts on the thread. 

Everyone's entitled to change their mind though👍

Just seen them, had replied before them. 

I’m not convinced we need to go in with Rangers and Partick. I think we could raise a fair old whack ourselves. In all honesty, our agenda isn’t necessarily aligned with Rangers anyway, so I’d be reluctant to be swept along with their agenda. Rangers aren’t getting expelled from the division, so I can’t see why they would be going to court to help us claim damages.

33 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

In AB’s statement, I cannot believe that they did not even read the proposal she had drawn up with the task force before voting..........how very rude of them.  I’d have went ballistic right there and then, what a completely unprofessional and shambolic organisation shown up time and time again.  

So, they ask Ann to head up a restructuring task force and, she comes back with a proposal that they cannot even be bothered to hear out let alone consider.  She mentioned a few old faces, it will be those dinosaurs that scuppered this.

Clearly bending for Sky and to pot with any fans.  Hope Sky sports goes bust with mass cancellations..........

Am f** raging now.

I can easily believe it. Make no mistake Aberdeen and Hibs have vetoed it to try and hobble their rival.

Mid Calder Jambo

If we are summarily dismmed from the Premier League without the completion of the league season, then the SPFL decision has to be tested in court. 

We have seen the most self centred me me me attitude from the SPFL and all to ensure Celtic get their 10 in a row.  How disgusting when we are fighting a global pandemic that is slowly wiping out the elderly and the weak.  If the SPFL want to show any sort of leadership and gain back a trace of credibilty then the only outcome is that all leagues are voided.  That would be a couragious decision.  Teams that are at the stage where promotion is gauranteed should be treated, in the next season we play, as if they were in the league above and be recompensed accordingly.

I am getting to stage where I am finished with football in Scotland, for too long we have seen a system run for the benefit of two clubs while the game nationaly is in terminal decline.  The decision to dismiss us from the league only helps to confirm my feelings about how the game is run in Scotland.

132goals1958
52 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am f** raging now.

This is the part I cant fathom out. Sky will lose 4 Edinburgh derbies plus another 4  high category games against Celtic Rangers, Those encounters are all promoted as one of the highlight fixtures and the atmosphere of a full house at Tynecastle adds to a sense of occasion. If  anything Sky should be re-negotiating the contract downwards. 

18 hours ago, Zico said:

H1B5 ***** and daft *****. 

Hope you and the family are safe and well. 

All good mate, although the sanity is getting stretched a bit now!

Hope all well and good on your side 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

All good mate, although the sanity is getting stretched a bit now!

Hope all well and good on your side 👍🏻

Aye all well here mate!

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

If we are summarily dismmed from the Premier League without the completion of the league season, then the SPFL decision has to be tested in court. 

We have seen the most self centred me me me attitude from the SPFL and all to ensure Celtic get their 10 in a row.  How disgusting when we are fighting a global pandemic that is slowly wiping out the elderly and the weak.  If the SPFL want to show any sort of leadership and gain back a trace of credibilty then the only outcome is that all leagues are voided.  That would be a couragious decision.  Teams that are at the stage where promotion is gauranteed should be treated, in the next season we play, as if they were in the league above and be recompensed accordingly.

I am getting to stage where I am finished with football in Scotland, for too long we have seen a system run for the benefit of two clubs while the game nationaly is in terminal decline.  The decision to dismiss us from the league only helps to confirm my feelings about how the game is run in Scotland.

This is how I feel too.

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Am f** raging now.

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

This is the part I cant fathom out. Sky will lose 4 Edinburgh derbies plus another 4  high category games against Celtic Rangers, Those encounters are all promoted as one of the highlight fixtures and the atmosphere of a full house at Tynecastle adds to a sense of occasion. If  anything Sky should be re-negotiating the contract downwards. 

I think the SKY thing is nothing more than an excuse. I don’t believe a word of it. Aberdeen and Hibs want rid of a rival.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

I think once it becomes clear Hearts have a chance in court for significant compensation (along with some for Partick and Stranraer) we'll see the league reconstruction discussion miraculously back on the table and the top flight no voters realising how much they will end up losing.

Budge should make public the document the task force prepared on league reconstruction seeing as the no voting top flight clubs didn't even bother reading it.

Reconstruction was always a bribe and was never going to happen. I'm surprised Mrs Budge even entertained it.

For me it is simple.

You cannot change the rules during the competition.

If the competition is abandoned before it is finished there are three choices:

1. Continue when able from the point it was abandoned.

2. Replay from the start (as is the precedent in Scottish Football, i.e. a match is abandoned)

3. The competition is null and void.

The is no justification to appoint a winner or appoint a club to be relegated.

There are so many examples in sport of abandonment, none fit with the SPFL solution.

In a horse race you could be last jumping over the final hurdle and still win the race.

For anyone that voted no or are considering voting have a listen on Sportsound today via Chic Youngs comment about "squealing like pigs".  If that doesn't get you voting yes I don't know what will.  He could have been goading to get us more on board backing Rangers I don't know. 

Our case is separate from theirs anyway.  Although having two cases might take longer unless we get a settlement via the supposed solidarity payment, which could end all this squabble.

Personally for me relegation/ (SPFL legal term) expulsion (reality term) is a crock of shit.  It shouldn't be happening, fine end of season payments give it out, just don't relegate Partick, Stranraer, Hearts.

ford donald
25 minutes ago, H2 said:

Reconstruction was always a bribe and was never going to happen. I'm surprised Mrs Budge even entertained it.

For me it is simple.

2. Replay from the start (as is the precedent in Scottish Football, i.e. a match is abandoned)

There are so many examples in sport of abandonment, none fit with the SPFL solution.

In a horse race you could be last jumping over the final hurdle and still win the race.

Should be a null and void season,no other logical solution.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s up to the judge if he awards them or not. 

That is my understanding. It would not be the inevitable fate with a lost case. It will be interesting to see what happens elsewhere as possible precedent if we are not first.

26 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

If they declare the league season finished then we should withdraw from the scottish cup

A simple decline on relegation should be enough. Ball back in your court SPFL.

9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

A simple decline on relegation should be enough. Ball back in your court SPFL.

How do we decline, apart from legal action?

2 hours ago, H2 said:

For me it is simple.

I think from Inverness statement Budge knew the reconstruction was a red herring but had to tick the boxes pre the court cases.

pettigrewsstylist
On 08/05/2020 at 18:59, Back to 2005 said:

Do we have 28 days to vote? 

Depends...maybes aye,;; maybes naw!

On 09/05/2020 at 12:02, braveheart said:

Not that I,m disagreeing with you but is there a part that you could copy and paste.

If you look on their site you will find links to both. Ultimately there is a direction that gives power to the board to make it up as they go along. Which is precisely what they are doing. Pricks.