Will you boycott ?

kingantti1874

Will you boycott  

752 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott away grounds of clubs who have voted hearts be demoted

complete control

good chance we will get 1 of those clubs who demoted us in a cup at tynecastle. do they not get half the gate money? would rather just play without a home crowd

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• dannymack

• husref musemic

1 minute ago, complete control said:

good chance we will get 1 of those clubs who demoted us in a cup at tynecastle. do they not get half the gate money? would rather just play without a home crowd

Charge fans £1 for the ticket and chuck in a pie for £20 and we keep the pie money.... !

18 minutes ago, complete control said:

Absolutely.  Especially if it's Hibs. 

It has to be organised.    It has to be well supported.    It would be easy for an ongoing boycott to steadily diminish to the point where people see it as not really holding together.    Then it's over.

Please buy into it.    Please stick to the plan.     It's incredibly important to make this boycott far reaching,   really well supported and sustained for the long term.      The regular away game fans will miss the games and supporting the team but this cause is so important for everyone.     

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Don't talk drivel!

I'll talk for myself and if you can't see the dry humour in that initial point then you will seriously have to have a word with the mirror. 

Yeah let's just all stand up and applaud the opposition's goal. 

2-ben-turpin-1874-1940-granger.jpg

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

20% is only cup games, there is no limit  for league games which is why the uglies now give each other 800.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm sure there are no "rules" for league games - it was exposed when Rangers petulantly slashed the Celtic ticket allocation for league games. The SPFL did make a statement on the matter. 

Ahhh right, I knew there was a percentage ruling but thought it was for all games. 

So technically are we not obliged to   offer the away support a guaranteed number of tickets unless we can guarantee to get our own bums on the seats  like what the Old Squirm have been doing ? 

Are we able to have a list of all clubs to boycott, so this includes any team we may potentially get in the cup? So far we know Celtic, Dundee, St. Mirren, Scum, Aberdeen and Cowdenbeath - no club so self-centred, whether we were in this situation or not, should benefit from attempting to push other clubs to the brink. For the attitude and the sheer cheek the St. Mirren and Cowdenbeath chairman’s have conducted themselves, I would take great satisfaction in seeing their clubs dying a horrible and withering death, going down with the begging bowl out and no one to help them. 

Edited by BigYin1997

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Ahhh right, I knew there was a percentage ruling but thought it was for all games. 

So technically are we not obliged to   offer the away support a guaranteed number of tickets unless we can guarantee to get our own bums on the seats  like what the Old Squirm have been doing ? 

Not sure if you have to give them some seats, if we do just a minimal amount at the back of the roseburn.

Pasquale for King
Just now, BigYin1997 said:

Are we able to have a list of all clubs to boycott, so this includes any team we may potentially get in the cup? So far we know Celtic, Dundee, St. Mirren, Scum, Aberdeen and Cowdenbeath - no club so self-centred, whether we were in this situation or not, should suffer for attempting to push clubs to the brink. For the attitude and the sheer cheek the St. Mirren and Cowdenbeath chairman’s have conducted themselves, I would take great satisfaction in seeing their clubs dying a horrible and withering death, going down with the begging bowl out and no one to help them. 

I think we should only go to the clubs that initially voted No to demote us. ICT, Partick, Falkirk,East Fife, Stranraer, Edinburgh City and Rangers. **** the rest. 

husref musemic
2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

So when hearts players step onto the pitch away from tynecastle, we’re expected to believe not a single hearts fan will be there to cheer them on? 
To offer support and encouragement. I’d be pretty disappointed if I were a player. 
I fully understand why people are angry but the club need our support on the pitch, as well as off it. 

The players don't deserve our support. it never made any difference anyway. 

bunch of sh!tebags.

the club's laughing at hearts today will laugh at you when you turn up.

William H. Bonney
27 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

The players don't deserve our support. it never made any difference anyway. 

bunch of sh!tebags.

the club's laughing at hearts today will laugh at you when you turn up.

The current crop certainty don’t. 

4 hours ago, Highlander said:

It is an absolute catastrophe that you live in Dundee and we have never met. I know almost every Hearts fan in Dundee except you. 

I know it is a hard one - I live walking distance from Dens and Tannadice and I know the feeling that emerges when you hear our lot singing our songs in Dundee streets, but I cannot countenance the notion of handing my money over to either of the Dundee clubs and I encourage you to starve them too.  

And if Hearts lose money by selling tickets for away games, then our beloved club will just need to learn to stop selling them! 

I would have said we should have met for a pre-match drink one day before a game up here, but erm... :lol:

Maybe we can substitute it for a pint before a televised game depending on what happens - can't imagine Sky falling over themselves to broadcast Championship games if that's where we end up, but hopefully not. 

It's gutting because I'm just in the City Centre, was always good visiting one of the pubs in the town and then just walking up the road instead of needing to organise a whole day out. I vaguely remember the Bowbridge Bar in the Hilltown being welcoming for away fans for a quick pit stop before the match started (ended up in Frews after a game at Tannadice years ago, not similar in the reception at all!).  If we need to do it for a couple of seasons then fine. 

I do think the allure of the away day will start to dilute the feeling in a few seasons time, but for now, it's definitely a case of "**** them all!" 

maybe hearts could open up the gorgie suite on the away games ( when allowed to do so) and have ex players in, food and a cash bar with hearts tv commentary in the background.  Hearts make money and the scum bags get nothing

Just now, Weebroon98 said:

maybe hearts could open up the gorgie suite on the away games ( when allowed to do so) and have ex players in, food and a cash bar with hearts tv commentary in the background.  Hearts make money and the scum bags get nothing

I really hope the club listen to ideas like this. Could trial it on first game of the season then keep going if it’s popular. Need all and every revenue we can with reduced number of games. 

I trust Hearts will object if we are offered Hibs ground for an LC semi final in the future and demand Murrayfield instead.  We have high standards.

Brick Tamland

I will be boycotting and once I see who voted no, they will get absolutely heehaw from me for many years to come. 

I’ve said this on a previous thread on the subject, there’s 3 of us the go home and away every week that won’t be giving a penny more to those clubs that screwed us. If i didn’t love Hearts so much I’d be done with Scottish football for good. Quite happy to save an absolute fortune each month and instead up my FOH contribution.

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, dannymack said:

I'll talk for myself and if you can't see the dry humour in that initial point then you will seriously have to have a word with the mirror. 

Yeah let's just all stand up and applaud the opposition's goal. 

2-ben-turpin-1874-1940-granger.jpg

Sorry, unlike you I havent got a problem with the mirror nor clever use of irony.

The key is to be ironic in context and not as an isolated comment.

I do understand from your self-portrait that you mind find mirrors a problem.  Try using two at the same time.

What a massive statement it would be if every other week saw no away support, then suddenly a full away end in Inverness 

I live abroad and will make sure that my next trip home will NOT be a trip to Dens Park.

BellEnds.

vladisacoward

Absolutely I will boycott. We all should. To do anything else makes no sense. I get that the players like having a support to back them etc. But in the championship it’s not like they’re going to be intimidated by the large home support. Bar Dundee at a push, no club is going to get more than 5’000 at very most. They need our away support money. It’s why all the clubs in the championship voted against us. Hit them where it hurts. Not only that, but as a club we should refuse to have anything to do with any of them where at all possible. Friendlies, loaning young players, using training facilities, whatever it is. All constructive cooperation must cease.

vladisacoward
1 hour ago, ericb said:

What a massive statement it would be if every other week saw no away support, then suddenly a full away end in Inverness 

100% agree with this.

7 hours ago, tian447 said:

I would have said we should have met for a pre-match drink one day before a game up here, but erm... :lol:

Maybe we can substitute it for a pint before a televised game depending on what happens - can't imagine Sky falling over themselves to broadcast Championship games if that's where we end up, but hopefully not. 

It's gutting because I'm just in the City Centre, was always good visiting one of the pubs in the town and then just walking up the road instead of needing to organise a whole day out. I vaguely remember the Bowbridge Bar in the Hilltown being welcoming for away fans for a quick pit stop before the match started (ended up in Frews after a game at Tannadice years ago, not similar in the reception at all!).  If we need to do it for a couple of seasons then fine. 

I do think the allure of the away day will start to dilute the feeling in a few seasons time, but for now, it's definitely a case of "**** them all!" 

Bravo! We have a convert. 

Aye, the Bowbridge has always been welcoming to away fans, as is Cookies in the Hilltown despite having historically been a Celtic pub, the Balmore and Stobswell Bar nearer the ground are fine with my Hearts attire and I have met various bus fulls of travelling fans at various function suites and clubbies in Dundee over the years. Dundee tends not to be hostile to travelling fans but, aye, I'd give Frews a swerve. It's a wee bit too close to the ground that one and has a cohort of regulars who are hardcore Dundee and United fans. 

9 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

Could have fans days and get stuff organised for fun family days on the community pitch and plaza as well 

6 hours ago, ericb said:

Absolutely this.

Remember also what clubs like Ross County and St Mirren did during this pandemic. 

With this legal action I hope financially any delay we cause to the season hammers them. I hope county take their medicine

I'm all for the boycott and I know I'll stick to it, but it's easy for me to say this as I only go to about go to about four or five away games a season. 

There are quite a few Hearts fans that never miss a game. I'm not so sure that will be such an easy habit to kick for them. 

I appreciate the sentiment and understand why the majority will not go to certain away games.

I live down south so tie in visits home with Hearts games, whether home or away. My season ticket only got used by me 3 times last season. So, my desire to watch and support Hearts at games over rides my anger.

If I could go every other week to all the home games, it would be a different story though.

30 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I'm all for the boycott and I know I'll stick to it, but it's easy for me to say this as I only go to about go to about four or five away games a season. 

There are quite a few Hearts fans that never miss a game. I'm not so sure that will be such an easy habit to kick for them. 

The same for me. Probably a bit more than 4 or 5 in fairness, but the every away game crowd will find it tough. How many of them is there though? Between 5 and 7 hundred maybe? 

My vote doesn't really count as I don't travel away much these days but I do hope the ones that do don't forget those clubs that have shat on us.  It's a big ask because I know from my younger days how much I enjoyed away days.  It would be good if we could make a big statement or two next season though.  

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Brick Tamland said:

I will be boycotting and once I see who voted no, they will get absolutely heehaw from me for many years to come. 

Me included in this.

Jamstomorrow

I don't know if it has been mentioned here or elsewhere, but as many intend to boycott away games, should we give supporting Hearts Ladies a try if they are at home instead? 

I know that thon misogynist i8hibs etc won't like the idea.  (That alone seems a good idea to do it!)

I am sure the ladies would appreciate the support.

kingantti1874
18 hours ago, Victorian said:

It has to be organised.    It has to be well supported.    It would be easy for an ongoing boycott to steadily diminish to the point where people see it as not really holding together.    Then it's over.

Please buy into it.    Please stick to the plan.     It's incredibly important to make this boycott far reaching,   really well supported and sustained for the long term.      The regular away game fans will miss the games and supporting the team but this cause is so important for everyone.     

yep

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned here or elsewhere, but as many intend to boycott away games, should we give supporting Hearts Ladies a try if they are at home instead? 

I know that thon misogynist i8hibs etc won't like the idea.  (That alone seems a good idea to do it!)

agree.

Back to 2005
19 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You've taken it too far!

Consensus on Twitter seems to be that many will ignore the boycott and go to games. Because screwing clubs over that ****ed us over is less important than a day out with the boys.

I hope in the first instance, the club refuse to sell tickets on behalf of these clubs. 

21 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Believe  what you like. But I'll bet the players are more pissed off about wage cuts than the likely travelling support next season.  

I'd think the players will be inspired by a boycott and the fact fans are putting more money into Hearts instead. 

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Consensus on Twitter seems to be that many will ignore the boycott and go to games. Because screwing clubs over that ****ed us over is less important than a day out with the boys.

I hope in the first instance, the club refuse to sell tickets on behalf of these clubs. 

There's a few.

But that is fine. 200 at a game is different to 2,000. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's a few.

But that is fine. 200 at a game is different to 2,000. 

Hopefully if most of us boycott, other fans will come on board. Surely the best thing about an away day is being part of a good crowd. 

I'll gladly donate to FoH instead, or go to the bar at the stadium for my day out. 

14 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Sorry, unlike you I havent got a problem with the mirror nor clever use of irony.

The key is to be ironic in context and not as an isolated comment.

I do understand from your self-portrait that you mind find mirrors a problem.  Try using two at the same time.

No need to apologise.

38 minutes ago, Locky said:

The ones who ignore the boycott will be labeled SCABS in my eyes. 

I go to most away games.  That has included Dingwall in the past.  No more.  

I have a work acquaintance of the spoon burning variety, an avid HIbs supporter, but only of highlights on Sportscene.  On trying to ridicule my apparently pathetic stance and questioning what difference it would make, I simply pointed out that I as a Hearts fan have contributed more to Hibs financially than he has as a Hibs'fan', and that this now stops.

complete control
2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Na

19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I really hope the club listen to ideas like this. Could trial it on first game of the season then keep going if it’s popular. Need all and every revenue we can with reduced number of games. 

9 hours ago, jambocub said:

Could have fans days and get stuff organised for fun family days on the community pitch and plaza as well 

I’m pretty sure we would have to pay aforementioned clubs to use the rights for there tv channels , kind of defeats the purpose of attempting to starve them of money by not attending the match

Another Robbo

Probably. I go and see Kelty Hearts quite often so that might be a nice alternative away day for me and support another team that have been shafted by all this.

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

I’m pretty sure we would have to pay aforementioned clubs to use the rights for there tv channels , kind of defeats the purpose of attempting to starve them of money by not attending the match

The post I was replying to mentioned hearts tv commentary which in this country is audio only. Wasn’t expecting video coverage. Would we need to pay clubs more for giving an audience audio coverage?

8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I never even mentioned the tv 😂

For a cup game at Tynecastle, is it a 50/50 split with the gate money ? 

If so is there a way the fans could contribute their gate money to the club so the opposition don't benefit from a large pay out ? 

So if the majority contributes towards a matchday programme (£3.50) but hands over £20 (keep the change) then the club benefits from the £16.50.  It maybe a far fetched idea and I maybe wrong in suggesting we boycott cup games at Tynecastle but the more ideas to scupper the opposition benefiting financially from our club the better.

Also interesting to note the number of fans willing to still attend away games has increased ever so slightly. 

Hit them where it hurts. Not a single penny of mine goes to anybody except Hearts, ICT, Partick and the other good guys.

Just using 1500 away fans at £20 a ticket, playing twice away. That's £60,000 right out of Lachlan Cameron' grubby hands, before a pie or bovril is bought. I've used Ayr Utd for this example and that would be a very significant sum of cash I really hope we dont give them.