Will you boycott ?

kingantti1874

Will you boycott  

752 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott away grounds of clubs who have voted hearts be demoted

30 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You think that's likely?

No.  However as a fan owned club it is has a chance of happening. Clubs like Raith who have gone beyond just voting should be the priority targets.  

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• dannymack

• husref musemic

GlasgoJambo

Voted no. I’m of the personal opinion that boycotts are to effect change, this doesn’t do that.

Better we tool up and trash the place 😎

7 minutes ago, Mollo said:

Yes absolutely - but in a system that is SUPPOSED to be fair and democratic, they would be allowed to vote in their own interests. Maybe not liked by all but as I said, it's the system and the method that is the root here - not clubs using a vote in way they are allowed to.

I totally get the point of the desire to boycott away games but it would be a double edged sword really - as it has been quite a point of pride as to how many we take and thats support for the lads on the pitch as well.

All in all a shambles though isn't it.

Agree.

While it’d still be “sare tae bear” if a vote went against us in a clear and wholly democratic   open manner, you’d accept it more without the level of bitterness that this situation has caused. 

There’s not enough derogatory terms to describe the organisations that run our game and the chancers at other clubs. 

Edited by Debut 4

If we end up going down we will need all the help we can get to get back up again in 1 season so while I can definitely see the point in boycotting I think I'd still go to a few away games to give the players all the support they need to win the games, it was a difficult choice though. 

Probably stop going altogether rather than generate revenue for those cretins in SPFL 

keep putting money into the foundation until its totally under fans control then stop. 

not bothered with football really tbh anymore the league is corrupt what’s the point 

colinmaroon
14 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I voted no. I think the whole boycott thing is extremely sevcoesque and won’t do the damage that people on here think it will.

These clubs have been voting for self interest. Does that make it right, no. Does that mean we should not fight being expelled from the league, no.

If anything this should be remembered going forward when other clubs need our support and we can do what they’ve done to us.

We have a strong fan base which should be an advantage when we go to a lot of away grounds. Boycotting will harm ourselves just as much as them.

So much wrong with this!

The standard "sevcoesque" or "mhanks" excuse for doing heehaw is a cop out of immense proportions, on a par with the crap those of us who having being crying corruption for decades have faced on here right up to today.

It's right to protest if the authorities (change that "if" to "when") and, particularly when the corrupt incompetents ruining our game use corruption to achieve their nefarious ends.

Our great support at away games, Easter Road excepted, has achieved heehaw for seasons, so your last point is as bankrupt as your first.

I'll take what I spent on away games to increase my FOH subscriptions and will also look for Lowland league games when Hearts are away, we'll need the lowland teams to fill the gaps when half of the SPFL hopefully goes bust over the next few years

If relegated, it is self inflicted, there is a good chance I will stop going to football all together. AB should have taken action a long time ago it was so obvious to me and I am no football expert.

annushorribilis III
35 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I voted no. I think the whole boycott thing is extremely sevcoesque and won’t do the damage that people on here think it will.

These clubs have been voting for self interest. Does that make it right, no. Does that mean we should not fight being expelled from the league, no.

If anything this should be remembered going forward when other clubs need our support and we can do what they’ve done to us.

We have a strong fan base which should be an advantage when we go to a lot of away grounds. Boycotting will harm ourselves just as much as them.

Going forward ,these clubs will be desperate for every penny they can get and I won't be supporting  them in that or helping them to be more competitive than they'd otherwise be. 

3 minutes ago, Plato said:

If relegated, it is self inflicted, there is a good chance I will stop going to football all together. AB should have taken action a long time ago it was so obvious to me and I am no football expert.

We mostly said Hibs deferrals aren't sustainable. 

Good for you. 

3 minutes ago, Plato said:

You can only be relegated after 38 games we are being demoted after a vote driven by cash.

7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So much wrong with this!

The standard "sevcoesque" or "mhanks" excuse for doing heehaw is a cop out of immense proportions, on a par with the crap those of us who having being crying corruption for decades have faced on here right up to today.

It's right to protest if the authorities (change that "if" to "when") and, particularly when the corrupt incompetents ruining our game use corruption to achieve their nefarious ends.

Our great support at away games, Easter Road excepted, has achieved heehaw for seasons, so your last point is as bankrupt as your first.

Can I ask what you think will happen if we boycott games? The majority of teams who most people want to ‘hurt’ are ones who survived in a league without us, rangers and hibs. 

I didn’t say do nothing, in fact I mentioned we should do something but of course that doesn’t suit your narrative. My point about it being ‘sevcoesque’ was exactly what I mentioned above. When they got liquidated they screamed murder that they would remember and boycott away grounds, it didn’t work. Also if a team that has significantly more fans than us struggle to implement it then why do you think it will work for us.

I said it ‘should’ be an advantage which is correct. The fact we have been poor and it hasn’t recently doesn't mean much because all footballers will tell you it’s easier to play when you have a sizeable support behind you.

I know fans are hurting just now, as am I, but at least read what others have wrote and try to remain reasoned.

22games nro
48 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

That's your choice ,

I would literally choke with the thought of giving any of these "yes" teams one single brass penny 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Can I ask what you think will happen if we boycott games? The majority of teams who most people want to ‘hurt’ are ones who survived in a league without us, rangers and hibs. 

I didn’t say do nothing, in fact I mentioned we should do something but of course that doesn’t suit your narrative. My point about it being ‘sevcoesque’ was exactly what I mentioned above. When they got liquidated they screamed murder that they would remember and boycott away grounds, it didn’t work. Also if a team that has significantly more fans than us struggle to implement it then why do you think it will work for us.

I said it ‘should’ be an advantage which is correct. The fact we have been poor and it hasn’t recently doesn't mean much because all footballers will tell you it’s easier to play when you have a sizeable support behind you.

I know fans are hurting just now, as am I, but at least read what others have wrote and try to remain reasoned.

teams like Dunfermline and raith who will absolutely be happy at the prospect of a big hearts support will think again..

most likely it won’t drive them under, but it will nip..

dunfermline for example theyd be expecting 8000 hearts fans across 2 fixtures.. that’s somewhere between £160k and 200k in revenue.. if we only take 500 to each fixture that will be 20 to 25k offset with policing costs..

we should also refuse to work with these team in terms of loans for the foreseeable..

we aren’t not Sevco, they have 20,000 who’d actively go to away games  if they could.. we have a hardcore of about 1500.. if they vanish they will not be replaced very easily. 

Edited by kingantti1874

22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'll take what I spent on away games to increase my FOH subscriptions and will also look for Lowland league games when Hearts are away, we'll need the lowland teams to fill the gaps when half of the SPFL hopefully goes bust over the next few years

I like this approach and hope you are right about some of the SPFL clubs going bust.

4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I like this approach and hope you are right about some of the SPFL clubs going bust.

I have no doubt that they will, far too many clubs that have retained league status when they are neither as well supported nor as well run as teams in the highland/lowland leagues, just look at Berwick, dropped out of League Two and now sat 12th in the Lowland League!

Edited by Ribble

Bunny Munro

I haven't read the whole thread but this should be organised by the club and communicated as soon as possible.

The club will not be accepting away tickets for any league game for the foreseeable. The club will open Tynecastle each week and play HeartsTV commentary over the tannoy for those who want to get together for the game. 

It won't happen, but I'd love to watch the reaction.

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Still we have low post count fans saying we should boycott hearts :rofl:

If Ann Budge doesn't fight it, then I think there'll be quite a few folk boycotting Hearts. 

Boycotting teams who have chosen to do this is the only way we can show our displeasure as a fan base. If it is about a day out with your mates go and watch Edinburgh City, go for a day out bevvying in a different town but do not support clubs who have actively hurt Hearts. When teams come to Tynecastle again it should be a more hateful experience. Scott Wilson should routinely announce them as a club who sought to expel Hearts from the Premier League and scum should be chanted at fans if they actually bring anyone. The club has missed a nasty edge for far too long but creating a siege mentality and turning Tynecastle back into a terrible place to come to should now happen. 

It's not difficult. 

Would rather a 1970s style course of action where the hearts support would rampage through the towns of the teams who voted yes, looting chippies and bricking windows as we went. Would certainly get the message across 😁.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, main said:

Would rather a 1970s style course of action where the hearts support would rampage through the towns of the teams who voted yes, looting chippies and bricking windows as we went. Would certainly get the message across 😁.

We're going up, you're staying down

We're gonna wreck your **** ing town.

Yes youngsters, that was the chant. 

I'm not advocating a return to those days, obviously. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It possibly didn’t work because they have another ten thousand knuckle draggers waiting to buy tickets if there was a boycott. I doubt very much if the majority of our 2k hardcore away support boycott grounds there will be another 2k waiting to pick up the slack. 
If fans put the money they would’ve spent into Hearts we will far better off.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Boycotting teams who have chosen to do this is the only way we can show our displeasure as a fan base. If it is about a day out with your mates go and watch Edinburgh City, go for a day out bevvying in a different town but do not support clubs who have actively hurt Hearts. When teams come to Tynecastle again it should be a more hateful experience. Scott Wilson should routinely announce them as a club who sought to expel Hearts from the Premier League and scum should be chanted at fans if they actually bring anyone. The club has missed a nasty edge for far too long but creating a siege mentality and turning Tynecastle back into a terrible place to come to should now happen. 

It's not difficult. 

<rummages  in attic looking for DMs and Sta-Prest>

😂

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Voted no. I’m of the personal opinion that boycotts are to effect change, this doesn’t do that.

Better we tool up and trash the place 😎

5 minutes ago, main said:

I like the sounds of this but unfortunately those days are gone, we need to do this properly and publicly. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If Ann Budge doesn't fight it, then I think there'll be quite a few folk boycotting Hearts. 

If Ann Budge doesn’t fight it then Ann Budge needs to go immediately.. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's not difficult. 

Definitely, I’m going to head to somewhere that didn’t vote to expel us and spend some cash there.

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

teams like Dunfermline and raith who will absolutely be happy at the prospect of a big hearts support will think again..

most likely it won’t drive them under, but it will nip..

dunfermline for example theyd be expecting 8000 hearts fans across 2 fixtures.. that’s somewhere between £160k and 200k in revenue.. if we only take 500 to each fixture that will be 20 to 25k offset with policing costs..

we should also refuse to work with these team in terms of loans for the foreseeable..

we aren’t not Sevco, they have 20,000 who’d actively go to away games  if they could.. we have a hardcore of about 1500.. if they vanish they will not be replaced very easily. 

I’m sure it will nip but I’ve just never seen a boycott in football working.

I agree about loaning or selling to these clubs although it can be a dangerous game. I know it’s rare but every now and then they will have a player who we might want so if we go down that route we need to be prepared for it on both sides.

I went to loads of away games the last time we were in the championship, I won't this time and sure most fans will feel the same. If these championship clubs think Hearts will be taking the same sort of away supports if we are expelled from the Premiership, I think they've got another thing coming. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It possibly didn’t work because they have another ten thousand knuckle draggers waiting to buy tickets if there was a boycott. I doubt very much if the majority of our 2k hardcore away support boycott grounds there will be another 2k waiting to pick up the slack. 
If fans put the money they would’ve spent into Hearts we will far better off.

That is a good point however it’s also worth mentioning that a lot of our hardcore away support actively hate kickback and are unlikely to be swayed by any ideas on this forum.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

That is a good point however it’s also worth mentioning that a lot of our hardcore away support actively hate kickback and are unlikely to be swayed by any ideas on this forum.

I’m sure they will come to their own conclusions about a boycott bring a good idea. I might even go on their pages and suggest it as they’re quite easily manipulated. 

I've voted NO, if we are relegated the club will need the fans to roar us back to the Premier League. The best way to work it up Dundee is to hammer them 4 times next season.

7 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree about loaning or selling to these clubs although it can be a dangerous game. I know it’s rare but every now and then they will have a player who we might want so if we go down that route we need to be prepared for it on both sides.

You missed the Dave King led boycott of Rangers home games.

Very successful. 

Class of 75

I would also cut the allocation severely for visiting fans of Hibs and Celtic when we play them next. Scottish football is rotten to the core

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I would just show the disdain they have for us, take their best players when they’re  out of contract when the transfer window opens. Make a big deal of signing players that have experience down there to help us get back up. We really need to be as punitive as possible to these clubs. 

Class of 75
29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It's not difficult. 

Good shout. Totally agree

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I've voted NO, if we are relegated the club will need the fans to roar us back to the Premier League. The best way to work it up Dundee is to hammer them 4 times next season.

We could still do that without giving them a penny of ticket money

Felix Lighter

Absolutely.It should be from the top down.

Accept zero tickets from these clubs and send a bare minimum of players /coaching staff to away games.No board members etc.

Also a minimum allocation for games at Tynecastle and if we are obliged to provide seats to opposing board members then seat them in the Roseburn, the likes of Lawell, Doncaster et al should be aware in no uncertain terms they are not welcome, and if they wish to attend then they can sit in with their scum fans. 

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, Rods said:

You can only be relegated after 38 games we are being demoted after a vote driven by cash.

Of course. But we are being impacted incredibly unfairly after 4 years of shite and 18 months of incredibly poor governance 

I don't think anyone can reasonably accept relegation after 30 games of a scheduled 38 game season. 4 wins in 36 and continual failure to win important games against sides around us have brought us to this point 

This scenario hasn't been created by anyone through choice. I absolutely understand why people might wish to boycott if we are relegated 

How we've found ourselves to be in this position shouldn't be overlooked no matter the noise and distraction 

Championship teams will be rubbing their hands together at the thought of a full stand of hearts fans to fill their pockets.. the only team that will be getting a full stand will be Inverness. 

queensferryjambo

I know lots of people are talking from the anger of the moment and may change their minds.

I for one am happy to not give one single penny ever again to any of the teams who have bladed us for self interests. 

The only away games I will ever attend again are teams who voted NO and Semi Finals / Finals at Hampden.

Remember kids if you boycott an away cup match half the cash of the home fans goes to Hearts anyway and you will be taking money directly out their pockets :fonzie:

kingantti1874

Quite a small sample and as usual those who want to boycott will be drawn to this.

but 94% willing to boycott shows there is enormous strength of feeling here

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

Pressure should be placed on the club by FOH not to request or support any away ticket allocation.

No it shouldn't.

I'm sorry....was the ballot paper asking them to vote on Hearts being relegated? No. It absolutely sucks if it ends in relegation but most clubs are thinking about money. Money they need to survive this mental situation. Even if those who say they'll boycott do, others will still go and the away attendances probably won't drop much, it at all.

SpikeDudley
4 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Just Dundee if they u turn.

Clubs that have already voted "yes" are just as culpible - maybe even more so

9 minutes ago, Defender said:

I'm sorry....was the ballot paper asking them to vote on Hearts being relegated? No. It absolutely sucks if it ends in relegation but most clubs are thinking about money. Money they need to survive this mental situation. Even if those who say they'll boycott do, others will still go and the away attendances probably won't drop much, it at all.

:spoton:

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Defender said:

So what you are saying is that collectively Scottish football Clubs could have taken the time to make sure no club was penalised unfairly. But they didn’t they rushed and acted in their own self interest pandering to a corrupt league having their strings pulled by Celtic.

Now it’s time to act in our self interest.  By making sure hearts fans funds support hearts.. you said they are thinking about money - well not my ****ing money

we have a reasonably small hardcore away support, we are not rangers - fans boycotting will not be easily replaced.. if we can reduce the number of away supported at EEP for instance from 4K to 400 then damn sure it will hurt them -..  and I hope it does. Their actions cannot be vindicated and I won’t be shedding a tear for any team who dies as a result of Covid 19.. clearly they don’t give a **** about us so **** them..

no more loan players either 

Edited by kingantti1874