Will you boycott ?

kingantti1874

Will you boycott  

752 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott away grounds of clubs who have voted hearts be demoted

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Phage said:

Hit them where it hurts. Not a single penny of mine goes to anybody except Hearts, ICT, Partick and the other good guys.

Just using 1500 away fans at £20 a ticket, playing twice away. That's £60,000 right out of Lachlan Cameron' grubby hands, before a pie or bovril is bought. I've used Ayr Utd for this example and that would be a very significant sum of cash I really hope we dont give them.

for a team like Dunfermline this will be a massive problem..  they could have looked forward to 3/4 thousand .. say 8000 in total at £25 a head.. £200k down the shitter.

im 100% sure they will have planned for this and it will have been in their thought process when voting no.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• dannymack

• husref musemic

BerraBelieveit

Unless Hearts refuse tickets at these grounds, a boycott will never be adhered to by everyone - bin the idea.

I think an empty away end would be a statement but in my opinion selling out all of these away ends is a bigger statement of our commitment to get behind the team on the park & ensure they get right to the very top, and I mean very top,  in Scotland.

I never went to the games with my Dad as a wee boy thinking - we paid money in here today which will go towards a rival club. We paid money in to watch and support Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I'll continue to go and watch Hearts home and every single week and I am sure there will be hundreds in the same boat.

16 minutes ago, Cade said:

We shouldn't be loaning out any players to clubs that voted against us either.

Scorched Earth ya dicks.

Do we actually know which teams voted against? Or easier to work out which ones voted for the change only 16.?

11 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Unless Hearts refuse tickets at these grounds, a boycott will never be adhered to by everyone - bin the idea.

I think an empty away end would be a statement but in my opinion selling out all of these away ends is a bigger statement of our commitment to get behind the team on the park & ensure they get right to the very top, and I mean very top,  in Scotland.

I never went to the games with my Dad as a wee boy thinking - we paid money in here today which will go towards a rival club. We paid money in to watch and support Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I'll continue to go and watch Hearts home and every single week and I am sure there will be hundreds in the same boat.

And that’s the real challenge of a boycott. Personally I’d never go near another ground that belongs to a club that voted to expel us and voted against reconstruction. However with a 7 year-old grandson who went to quite a few away games last two seasons and is right into Hearts its a tough call. In fact he said to me a couple of weeks ago that he was really looking forward to the Championship as he would be going to lots of new grounds and we would win every week. Lots felt the same in 2014/15. As I said tough call, follow the hatred and boycott yet probably cut his longer-term affiliation to Hearts. Or bite the bullet and follow your team and build the support of tomorrow. Have to say going to football at that age, particularly away games, still brings back memories nearly 60 years later. 

BerraBelieveit
59 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And that’s the real challenge of a boycott. Personally I’d never go near another ground that belongs to a club that voted to expel us and voted against reconstruction. However with a 7 year-old grandson who went to quite a few away games last two seasons and is right into Hearts its a tough call. In fact he said to me a couple of weeks ago that he was really looking forward to the Championship as he would be going to lots of new grounds and we would win every week. Lots felt the same in 2014/15. As I said tough call, follow the hatred and boycott yet probably cut his longer-term affiliation to Hearts. Or bite the bullet and follow your team and build the support of tomorrow. Have to say going to football at that age, particularly away games, still brings back memories nearly 60 years later. 

The memories is one of the best things about going. My Dad passed away eight years ago and every away game I go to gives me so much nostalgia and amazing memories. It helps me cope with missing him. The connection I have with Hearts is more than just the football club, its the centre of my relationship with my Dad. I am not giving that up and will not have my son miss out on years of amazing memories cheering on Hearts because of this whole ridiculous facade. I think many are in the same boat and it really is a very tough ask to expect people to boycott. Totally understand why people are though.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, BerraBelieveit said:

The memories is one of the best things about going. My Dad passed away eight years ago and every away game I go to gives me so much nostalgia and amazing memories. It helps me cope with missing him. The connection I have with Hearts is more than just the football club, its the centre of my relationship with my Dad. I am not giving that up and will not have my son miss out on years of amazing memories cheering on Hearts because of this whole ridiculous facade. I think many are in the same boat and it really is a very tough ask to expect people to boycott. Totally understand why people are though.

it’s only 13 or 14 games.   Totally understand what your saying but we need to make 100% need to make sure teams are clear we won’t be rolled over.. 

The line must be drawn. 

I'll be at the games supporting Hearts. Why put your own team at a disadvantage by not being there to show your support? But, leave the home side with 3000 pies etc. I won't buy anything but my ticket. That could cost them 10000 pounds +.

Yes and il be boycotting tynecastle until that bumbling old bat is gone and someone that knows what the **** they're doing takes over

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s only 13 or 14 games.   Totally understand what your saying but we need to make 100% need to make sure teams are clear we won’t be rolled over.. 

The line must be drawn. 

sadly some of our fans will be doing exactly what a number of these clubs voted for and expect which was to get us into their league in anticipation of a nice earner from us to help fund them and as a consequence use that money to improve their chances. 

As you say the line must be drawn.

It will be tragic if our fans turn up as if nothing has happened although I'm sure they'll be warmly welcomed by the rival owners and fans albeit for totally different reasons.

9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

This thread is abysmal on a number of levels. 

Pray tell why? 

1) People have a genuine grievance against whats being going on and want to show that; or

2) People have a genuine reason to want to continue to go to away games for personal reasons? 

Unless you can come up with a third reason that I can't think of (amd I will happily apologise if so), your comment is neither helpful, or anything other than nonsense

JimCornette

I just can't see this happening.

1. The hard core away support are passionate about watching Hearts live and will end up in asylums if they have to stay at home with the radio on.

2. Deep down we all know we'd have voted the same as the majority of clubs were it Hibs in 12th rather than us and we were sitting pretty.

I'm angry at the leadership from the SPFL rather than the way the other teams voted. The propositions put forward weren't very appealing. Why are we the only league in the Universe not completing our season?

Edited by JimCornette

12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The line must be drawn. 

I was in your camp but I’m pretty sure by the time games start I won’t be. For reasons previously stated. 

It's 13 or 14 games, the likelihood being at least half will be behind closed doors anyway.  

I'll not be going to any of them

20 hours ago, BerraBelieveit said:

Boycotting away games has to be up to the individual, everybody has a choice and must do what they think is right. There will be no official refusal of tickets by the club as has been suggested in previous pages. If you don't want to go so be it but others will go and have the right to do so. I usually go to a few away games every season and may go next season but it will depend on how we are playing and how much support we may need for any given game. If I don't go it won't be so that I can deprive the opposition of my maroon pound. 

The only Championship club seeing my maroon pound will be Inverness. At least they were staunch enough to speak out. That and it's probably the best away day in Scotland lol

skinnybob72

It’s a tough one.

People want to go to the games, people like going to away grounds and the team need the fans support. 

The downside is that anyone who does go is giving money to clubs who voted to have us demoted to protect their own interests. 

While I can see both viewpoints the point for me is that if we keep going along in big numbers then as long as the money keeps rolling in nothing will change. Business as usual as they say. 

The only way to make a stance that gets noticed is to starve these clubs of cash and that can only be achieved by not going to games. 

Edited by skinnybob72

I don't go to away games very often anyway, but what I will start to do is to make one-off donations to FOH every time we have an away game for the amount I would have spent had I gone to the game.  One of the away trips that I did always look forward to was Partick Thistle, so might even consider going to see them one weekend if they are playing at home and we are away.

8 hours ago, JimCornette said:

1. The hard core away support are passionate about watching Hearts live and will end up in asylums if they have to stay at home with the radio on.

2. Deep down we all know we'd have voted the same as the majority of clubs were it Hibs in 12th rather than us and we were sitting pretty.

I'm angry at the leadership from the SPFL rather than the way the other teams voted. The propositions put forward weren't very appealing. Why are we the only league in the Universe not completing our season?

Nobody forced any of these chairmen to come out with a lot of the shite they have said about us in the press though.

they can rot for me 

I've seen a few people mention that the team needs our support and that's why we shouldn't boycott.

Cast your minds back to the last competitive game we played - away to St Mirren.

The away end was sold out and fairly noisy, yet it took 80 minutes for the useless twats to have a fecking shot on goal.  This in a 'must win' game.

How many fans do those shysters need to be there in order to perform?  2,000?  12,000? 20,000?

Seems to me we'd be better off staying away.  They're probably more suited to playing in front of nobody as there'd be nobody to criticise them and hurt their poor feelings.

Weakened Offender
15 hours ago, JimCornette said:

Well said. 

7 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

It’s a tough one.

People want to go to the games, people like going to away grounds and the team need the fans support. 

The downside is that anyone who does go is giving money to clubs who voted to have us demoted to protect their own interests. 

While I can see both viewpoints the point for me is that if we keep going along in big numbers then as long as the money keeps rolling in nothing will change. Business as usual as they say. 

The only way to make a stance that gets noticed is to starve these clubs of cash and that can only be achieved by not going to games. 

I get your point 100%. However, as per my previous post other things get in the way. Add in that the first 10 games or so are likely to be behind doors I think the pent up demand to go to games will be very significant. On top of that if we get out of the habit of going to away games we won’t return even when this whole situation has passed. I’m not really that convinced that the 2,000 that regularly go to away games will be happy just going to tynie every second week.  There’s a real risk of losing fans if we boycott. There’s also a risk of losing fans if we don’t. It’s a real lose lose situation unfortunately. 

colinmaroon

The only justification that clubs can attempt is that they were lied to by the SPFL regarding the release of funds and were railroaded into voting to end the season to get money they could have got as loans, loans they wouldn't have to repay because they were really advance payments, notwithstanding the Dundee vote shuffle.

Their ire should be towards Doncaster and McLennan and the SPFL but, sadly, they are not envious of the SPFL, just Hearts.