Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• East Lothian Jambo

• GinRummy

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I totally disagree. Anybody who had sacrificed wages in this situation would be made public imo. 

My contention was with your argument that it would be good PR, not whether CL had sacrificed wages. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Failed so far. No doubt about that. 

In terms of the Premiership yes. He’s got a pretty good Scottish Cup Record. Only fair to acknowledge the success and the failure. Something I always advocated during the previous regime. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you eliminate the dissenting voices, you are just left with the collective chatter of Stendel love; as we slip into the abyss.

This was a post about wages though,  not about his managerial attributes. 

Edited by Redhelen

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

This was a post about wages though,  not about his managerial attributes. 

I didn’t create the tangent ...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-exclusive-hearts-wage-cuts-fighting-survive-and-working-keep-his-great-job-2504136

Daniel Stendel exclusive: Hearts wage cuts, fighting to survive and working to keep his 'great' job

German speaks for first time on situation at Tynecastle

Daniel Stendel today spoke for the first time about Hearts' cost-cutting measures, admitting he is working without pay to help the club survive and that responsibility for results over the last three months lies with him.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening News from his family home Germany, the manager said he does not know which players will accept a 50 per cent salary cut. However, he insisted Hearts can avoid relegation and is determined to help owner Ann Budge as the coronavirus impacts football.

After Budge asked all staff to drop wages by half, Stendel told her to use his money to pay others. He flew home to be with his family but is ready to return to Edinburgh and resume the season as soon as it is safe to do so.

He expects other Scottish clubs to endure similar, perhaps worse, financial issues over the coming weeks.

"It's a difficult situation. I did not do this for everybody to know about it," he said. "My talk with Ann was about the club and what Ann is trying to do to keep the club up. I thought: 'On one side, you are not doing your normal work. On the other side, the club needs to save money.'

"You have so many people who work for this club and there is no money coming in. What can I do to help? That was the first thing. I want to help Ann and the club. It is different when you can save money from the manager, coaches or players than from normal employees in the office.

"We all want the club to stay up and we want to make sure, after this difficult time, that we still have a club. This was the reason. This is a big club in Scotland and we have the problem of keeping up with the financial situation. I think a lot of other clubs in the Premiership have maybe the same, or maybe more, problems than Hearts."

Hearts employees can agree a 50 per cent cut or terminate their contract. Stendel only arrived at Tynecastle Park in December on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

He can leave for free if Hearts are relegated as his agreement is only valid in Scotland's top flight, but he is motivated to help avoid a demotion.

"What I said to Ann was: 'I know I have responsibility. I take responsibility for the last three months and for the results.' We are all unhappy about this. I can only say we are working hard to change it. I am also disappointed about having not many successful games," he added.

"Maybe from outside it looked easier to change it. We have good players and a good squad but we will do everything to keep this club up. I did not really know so much about the Scottish league before. I knew about the club Hearts and I talked with Ann, but in the last three months I got to know the club so much more.

"This is a great job for me. I want to work for this club and keep this club up. I will do all I can do to make sure that, in the end, can play in the Premiership next year."

He delivered the same message to his players before departing for Germany, but is unsure who will accept reduced wages. "I have no idea, really. I said to Ann and to the players that we need a solution," said Stendel.

"After this break, we want to play for Hearts. For this, we need to keep the club up. I hope it was a good example and for everybody to do their part to keep this club up.

"The club and the health of everybody is more important right now. I cannot look into everybody's decision and why they might do something.

“Normally, everybody wants to help Hearts but I have no information from anyone about their decisions. Ann has explained to everyone what she is trying to do and then everyone needs to decide what they are ready to do.

"We need only players who want to stay at Hearts. In this difficult situation, I cannot speak for everybody that they will do it, but everybody would give some money for the club to keep up. They want to do that for Hearts and these are the players we need to keep us up."

Edited by kila

15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I concur and I think we'll see more of the Dunkirk spirit as this scenario evolves.

Maybe Dunkirk isn't the best thing to mention regarding a German!! 

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Ewan Murray has a ‘hunch’ Stendel wont be at Hearts for much longer. 

Ewan Murray wants his pal Levein back in the dugout. In fact he'd probably even take his pal Neil Lennon in the dugout.

21 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

How the utter **** can he come to that conclusion after reading the interview? :lol: 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How the utter **** can he come to that conclusion after reading the interview? :lol: 

he says it’s a hunch. Thats all. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

This. I really don’t get the part about it not suiting anyone for him to hang around. Surely the players and the coaching staff?

Think the comment (can't remember where I saw it) from his agent who said he won't manage in the lower division is more telling, so there probably is some merit in the hunch he won't be back, one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

he says it’s a hunch. Thats all. 

Why the quote the interview where Stendel clearly says it’s a great club and a great job and he’s looking forward to playing again in the prem with players that want to be here?  What part of that gives him that hunch?  Ludicrous. 

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

This. I really don’t get the part about it not suiting anyone for him to hang around. Surely the players and the coaching staff?

Whack job logic tbh.  Everything from Stendel and his background staff has been reassurance personified. 

Suso Santana
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I've came to it without reading the interview. 

His contract is up if we get relegated and since the whole season is up in the air and we seem to be struggling for cash.. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was to go. 

Jamstomorrow
11 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Could we organise a Stendel

fund?

I would be happy to put some cash into it.

When this shit storm of a situation is over and the wages start again we could hand it over in one lump sum? 

Good idea, but I suspect Dan would simply give the lump sum to some deserving case.

indianajones

He's a good guy. 

Thats all that needs to be said in this thread. 

Pantwetters get yourselves to ****. Its depressing enough the now without you literal shitebags making it worse. 

25 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

His contract is up if we get relegated and since the whole season is up in the air and we seem to be struggling for cash.. 

And the clubs likely to get relegated any time soon like? 

“won’t see Stendel at hearts again” is the claim.  

Edited by Last Laff

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Could just be a cautious wait and see situation with league reconstruction. We're likely to hit some sort of impasse with the 11-1 and the threat of legal action if we're relegated without finishing the season. 

That voting structure needs to be binned too btw. Total and complete transparent nonsense. 

Kidd’s Boots
26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why the quote the interview where Stendel clearly says it’s a great club and a great job and he’s looking forward to playing again in the prem with players that want to be here?  What part of that gives him that hunch?  Ludicrous. 

I have a hunch that DS's clause was a smart move for him if he couldn't get a tune out of the players he inherited. But, he has been supported from the top and the stands, he has seen in glimpses what the future may hold, he had a senior cup semi to look forward to and as has been said many times.... he gets us! My hunch now is that he probably hasn't even considered using it.... Championship or not.

Suso Santana
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'm not saying we won't see him again but it's very possible. 

Who know's what going to happen in regards to the league. 

Benny Factor
40 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

But then you're also a Hibs wank, so nothing should really surprise you 

HillmanHearts

There is no doubt that he is a good human being.

The length of his tenure at Hearts is uncertain though lets be honest ( from various perspectives ).

For all the folk coming on and congratulating Stendel on a great gesture - Salute 👏👏👏

For those however who decided it’s an opportunity to stick the boot in, away and take a feckin hike 

I am sure as f... the pirates who took our beloved boat to the brink in the first place will be coining it in until the very very end - global pandemic or not 

Suso Santana
19 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

But then you're also a Hibs wank, so nothing should really surprise you 

For sure, love the hibees me. 

I bet you're one of the folk buying all the bread and toilet rolls. 

Ignorance is bliss eh. 

Have to admit my first thought reading the article was that’s the last we’ll see of Stendel. 

I like him but to be honest don’t get the love affair with him. If he was Scottish we would be giving him a lot of stick I suspect for a rank rotten record since he took over, irrespective of whether the majority of the blame lies elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How would you describe Stendel?

Ok I get you still have a love in with the previous manager but what did you expect him to achieve with the previous incumbents inherited squad? 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Failed so far. No doubt about that. 

I don’t agree. He’s not had a fair crack of the whip and these players have continually failed on a weekly basis. Yes his tactics can be questioned but explain how we’ve convincingly beaten the second top team twice and Hibs away once, yet been absolutely woeful against the bottom sox teams? It’s not all down to the manager

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stendel was sacked by his previous two clubs, he will likely leave Hearts with us in the Scottish Championship. Levein on the other hand was headhunted by Hearts, Leicester and Scotland whilst already employed at other clubs. 

Stendel’s tactics clearly don’t work against the ‘wee teams’, apart from the actual wee team.  That is why we haven’t won against any bottom six side since his arrival, yet have managed to beat Rangers twice.

Players performances, apart from tactics, have been drastic v the teams round about us.

Halkett fading about on the ball, goal.  The main criticism I have about DS is that he stuck with Pereira for far too long.  For all his faults, if Bobby had been in goals earlier, I dont reckon that we would be bottom. 

1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I don’t agree. He’s not had a fair crack of the whip and these players have continually failed on a weekly basis. Yes his tactics can be questioned but explain how we’ve convincingly beaten the second top team twice and Hibs away once, yet been absolutely woeful against the bottom sox teams? It’s not all down to the manager

I don’t disagree. However, his job was to get us up the table, he hasn’t done that. I like him and am not against him continuing butit’s not been a success so far given our league position

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, ROKERITE said:

How does a thread that, quite rightly, begins with praise for Daniel Stendel turn into a debate on his failure to beat the smaller teams and attacks on Levein? There are umpteen threads to discuss those subjects so let this one be to salute a fine gesture by a good man.

It's the Kickback way and Levein will be on every thread for a generation - at least!

Just now, GinRummy said:

I don’t disagree. However, his job was to get us up the table, he hasn’t done that. I like him and am not against him continuing butit’s not been a success so far given our league position

And I agree with you GR as it’s his job to do this but until his own playing personnel are recruited and he’s afforded the same transfer windows and kitty as CL had, then we are faced with the prospect of impending mediocrity for the remainder of his tenure or until such changes can be made 

And I agree with you GR as it’s his job to do this but until his own playing personnel are recruited and he’s afforded the same transfer windows and kitty as CL had, then we are faced with the prospect of impending mediocrity for the remainder of his tenure or until such changes can be made 

👍

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Ok I get you still have a love in with the previous manager but what did you expect him to achieve with the previous incumbents inherited squad? 

These players have beaten Hibs x2, Rangers x2 and knocked Motherwell and Aberdeen out the League Cup. They’re clearly good enough to match the teams in the top six. They have consistently failed to beat the teams in the bottom six. Stendel brought in three players that he had worked with previously. They’ve contributed nothing combined.

25 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Players performances, apart from tactics, have been drastic v the teams round about us.

Halkett fading about on the ball, goal.  The main criticism I have about DS is that he stuck with Pereira for far too long.  For all his faults, if Bobby had been in goals earlier, I dont reckon that we would be bottom. 

The tactics, line up and substitutions at St Mirren were awful. One of his subs actually got booed, as he failed to take Damour off. He doesn’t have an answer to the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton and St Johnstone.

Null & void or league reconstruction is probably our best shout.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

He's a good guy. 

Thats all that needs to be said in this thread. 

Pantwetters get yourselves to ****. Its depressing enough the now without you literal shitebags making it worse. 

Exactly. 

Holyrood_Hearts
31 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Completely agree with your comments about DS sticking by Pereira. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

These players have beaten Hibs x2, Rangers x2 and knocked Motherwell and Aberdeen out the League Cup. They’re clearly good enough to match the teams in the top six. They have consistently failed to beat the teams in the bottom six. Stendel brought in three players that he had worked with previously. They’ve contributed nothing combined.

Yes we are a Jeckyll and Hyde team and some of our performances just cannot be explained. I understand COVID-19 more so than our unexplained performances. A bit unfair in Sibbick and Boyce as both have been injured/ill and we’ve not seen the best of them. Langer May take a while to settle in just like Sean Clare did. It’s not easy at such a young age to change countries and expect top level performances. Advijaj was valued at £49M just 4 years ago a d I’d say he is the worst if the lot. Thankfully we won’t see him in a Hearts jersey again though

Mr Elwood P

Yes we are a Jeckyll and Hyde team and some of our performances just cannot be explained. I understand COVID-19 more so than our unexplained performances. A bit unfair in Sibbick and Boyce as both have been injured/ill and we’ve not seen the best of them. Langer May take a while to settle in just like Sean Clare did. It’s not easy at such a young age to change countries and expect top level performances. Advijaj was valued at £49M just 4 years ago a d I’d say he is the worst if the lot. Thankfully we won’t see him in a Hearts jersey again though

Levein and MacPhee signed Boyce, who has been the best of the January additions. Sibbick looked class but hadn’t been able to play, useless in our current circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein and MacPhee signed Boyce, who has been the best of the January additions. Sibbick looked class but hadn’t been able to play, useless in our current circumstances.

Sibbick will come good and once fit will be an asset for us 

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Sibbick will come good and once fit will be an asset for us 

Doubt his contract will go beyond the Coronavirus crisis? Would have been a good player for us.

I have a hunch that we won't see any football this year and every player and coach will have become free agents.

Benny Factor
3 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

For sure, love the hibees me. 

I bet you're one of the folk buying all the bread and toilet rolls. 

Ignorance is bliss eh. 

No, I'm not one of the folk buying all the bread and toilet rolls, because I'm not a Hibs wank