Daniel Stendel - not taking any wage.

Last Laff

3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

I know our u23s coach has been doing video analysis with the players on their last games. I would be very surprised if Daniel wasnt doing some sort of work.

He is in Germany

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• East Lothian Jambo

• GinRummy

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fair ****s to the guy. Obviously salt of the earth.

I really don’t want to bring Levein/McPhee into this but the contrast is pathetic.

What contrast?

The Treasurer

Everyone will have their own opinion of DS as a manager, but everyone must agree that this is a truly top class human being

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What contrast?

Them hanging around the club taking cash for doing nothing of any value 

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, SkabalaJam said:

Levein should do similar and cancel contract. He will have built up enough to keep him going. Now 55 some can access his pension. 

How do you know he hasn't?

If he announced it publicly, can you imagine the crap he'll get?

DS's making it public is right and proper but for CL to do the same would lead to all sorts of bitter "I should think so" comments.  So, if he has, better just done and less said.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Them hanging around the club taking cash for doing nothing of any value 

So you KNOW CL is still taking his money?

See above post!

12 minutes ago, westbow said:

Rudyard Kipling. Also makes exceedingly good cakes.

Cheers !😋

Can't recall where I've seen that but I have seen it somewhere.  Maybe the jungle book🤪

49 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Why so?

The reason is he was dropped into the eye of a total shitstorm that had been created by a poor manager and incompetent owner,only given 6 months to do imo an impossible job to rejuvenate a squad of players who due to the previous manager their morale was rock bottom. 

A new manager needs at least 2 or 3 transfer windows to bring in his own players and mould his team the way he wants to play.

East Lothian Jambo
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The reason is he was dropped into the eye of a total shitstorm that had been created by a poor manager and incompetent owner,only given 6 months to do imo an impossible job to rejuvenate a squad of players who due to the previous manager their morale was rock bottom. 

A new manager needs at least 2 or 3 transfer windows to bring in his own players and mould his team the way he wants to play.

I agree about what he came into. Complete mess and Budge will ultimately pay a high price 

Look at the quality of clubs and respective resources of those we have consistently fell below over the last 18 months. Stendel has made very little difference if truth be told 

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I agree about what he came into. Complete mess and Budge will ultimately pay a high price 

Look at the quality of clubs and respective resources of those we have consistently fell below over the last 18 months. Stendel has made very little difference if truth be told 

Performances against Aberdeen, Sevco twice, Hibs shows that the players have it in them.

Same players, same formation, crap against "wee" teams! 

So, whose fault is that?

9 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Players attitude,I'm sure stendel's attitude will never change week in week out.The players however...need to be questioned. 

Mr Elwood P
48 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Good chance to reinstall someone...?

Be worth it for the seethe alone ... 

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Performances against Aberdeen, Sevco twice, Hibs shows that the players have it in them.

So, whose fault is that?

It's not been the same players week after week. He's chopped and changed personnel routinely.  Collectively the players haven't been good enough or done enough 

I'm not having a pop at Stendel here just to be clear. I dont think he has made a huge amount of difference

This situation is on Levein and Budge.  Six months to try and finish above Hamilton with their 1500 average gate isn't the biggest miracle anyone has ever worked in football though 

East Lothian Jambo
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Be worth it for the seethe alone ... 

He would do it if she asked him 

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Players attitude,I'm sure stendel's attitude will never change week in week out.The players however...need to be questioned. 

Players do need to be questioned.  Results since Stendel arrived are broadly commensurate with average points per game over last 18 months. Consistently and sustained garbage 

Place needs gutted from top to bottom. Stendel's January signings have added nothing 

45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He is in Germany

I know he is. And our u23s coach isnt with them. Its being done through skype or whatever As I say, I'd be surprised if Daniel isnt working.

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Stendel was sacked by his previous two clubs, he will likely leave Hearts with us in the Scottish Championship. Levein on the other hand was headhunted by Hearts, Leicester and Scotland whilst already employed at other clubs. 

8 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

So, whose fault is that?

Stendel’s tactics clearly don’t work against the ‘wee teams’, apart from the actual wee team.  That is why we haven’t won against any bottom six side since his arrival, yet have managed to beat Rangers twice.

East Lothian Jambo
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Stendel was sacked by his previous two clubs, he will likely leave Hearts with us in the Scottish Championship. Levein on the other hand was headhunted by Hearts, Leicester and Scotland whilst already employed at other clubs. 

Stendel’s tactics clearly don’t work against the ‘wee teams’, apart from the actual wee team.  That is why we haven’t won against any bottom six side since his arrival, yet have managed to beat Rangers twice.

Which is one more than Levein has achieved against them in his managerial career 

Levein is also a confirmed out and out loser 👍

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

😀 Unbelievable 

You make reference to Stendel being sacked by his last 2 clubs then mention that Levein was headhunted by Hearts, Scotland and Leicester 

Then fail to mention that the same 3 sacked him for poor performance 

Your a comedian 👍

Edited by Hearts1975

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So it's down to stendel we are going to end up in the championship?

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Which is one more than Levein has achieved against them in his managerial career 

Levein is also a confirmed out and out loser 👍

:greggy:

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So it's down to stendel we are going to end up in the championship?

He takes a fair slice of the blame. To date he has had 7 games against bottom six opposition, we’ve won 0 of the matches. Obviously a lot of parties are liable for the current position the club finds itself in. We could really have done with a good January transfer window and a couple of wins against our relegation rivals. Stendel’s provides neither.

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

😀 Unbelievable 

You make reference to Stendel being sacked by his last 2 clubs then mention that Levein was headhunted by Hearts, Scotland and Leicester 

Then fail to mention that the same 3 sacked him for poor performance 

Your a comedian 👍

‘You’re a comedian’, would make more sense.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

See above post!

Levein was sacked in November. It’s now March. He’s been sat around coining it and turning up after lunch

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He takes a fair slice of the blame. To date he has had 7 games against bottom six opposition, we’ve won 0 of the matches. Obviously a lot of parties are liable for the current position the club finds itself in. We could really have done with a good January transfer window and a couple of wins against our relegation rivals. Stendel’s provides neither.

Fair play. Appreciate the correction. Point still stands.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Everyone will have their own opinion of DS as a manager, but everyone must agree that this is a truly top class human being

Well said 👏

East Lothian Jambo
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You must be at the wind up 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

See above post!

Why wouldn't he announce it and why would the club not want to. Pour encourager les autres as they say.

Well done Daniel.

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You must be at the wind up 

Which part do you disagree with? Hardly unreasonable for Stendel to have a better than 0% win rate against bottom six clubs. Hardly unreasonable for one of his three signings to have made a telling contribution.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Why wouldn't he announce it and why would the club not want to. Pour encourager les autres as they say.

Well done Daniel.

It’s very odd stuff. People asking how they know CL/AM are taking pay. The club would announce it straight away. Would be a great bit of PR.

East Lothian Jambo
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which part do you disagree with? Hardly unreasonable for Stendel to have a better than 0% win rate against bottom six clubs. Hardly unreasonable for one of his three signings to have made a telling contribution.

I agree with all of that 

I sense however that you a staunch supporter of Levein?

How does a thread that, quite rightly, begins with praise for Daniel Stendel turn into a debate on his failure to beat the smaller teams and attacks on Levein? There are umpteen threads to discuss those subjects so let this one be to salute a fine gesture by a good man.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I agree with all of that 

I sense however that you a staunch supporter of Levein?

I was, but wouldn’t advocate him coming back. I was also very supportive of Stendel’s appointment, it doesn’t seem to have worked out though.

I was, but wouldn’t advocate him coming back. I was also very supportive of Stendel’s appointment, it doesn’t seem to have worked out though.

Funny how you didn’t recognise CL wasn’t working out till after he was sacked. You’re well ahead of the curve this time though. 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Funny how you didn’t recognise CL wasn’t working out till after he was sacked. You’re well ahead of the curve this time though. 

Mitigating factors ...

Against St Mirren we had three international strikers on the park and couldn’t manage a single goal.

16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

3 months he's been with you and not one positive comment, not even on this thread which was discussing him not taking a wage so that less well paid employees wouldnt lose out.

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s very odd stuff. People asking how they know CL/AM are taking pay. The club would announce it straight away. Would be a great bit of PR.

No it wouldn't. CL is toxic to some and any mention, irrespective of sentiment would be criticised.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

3 months he's been with you and not one positive comment, not even on this thread which was discussing him not taking a wage so that less well paid employees wouldnt lose out.

Helen, your perspective is massively impacted by the success of the 2018/19 season at Barnsley. Stendel is a top bloke and should be commended for his refusal to take a wage. He is, 2018/19 aside, a poor football manager. Our last game against St Mirren was as bad as anything we have witnessed over the last few seasons. It was an absolute must win match and the loss could potentially relegate us. He has one system which has worked against Rangers x2 and Hibs. He is however completely clueless against teams in our bottom six. That is teams with a tiny fraction of our budget.

Stendel’s Heart of Midlothian  F.C Epitaph  

Top Bloke / Wank Manager 

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Helen, your perspective is massively impacted by the success of the 2018/19 season at Barnsley. Stendel is a top bloke and should be commended for his refusal to take a wage. He is, 2018/19 aside, a poor football manager. Our last game against St Mirren was as bad as anything we have witnessed over the last few seasons. It was an absolute must win match and the loss could potentially relegate us. He has one system which has worked against Rangers x2 and Hibs. He is however completely clueless against teams in our bottom six. That is teams with a tiny fraction of our budget.

Top Bloke / Wank Manager 

I look forward to reading what yours will be shortly. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Top Bloke / Wank Manager 

Wank poster

🤷‍♂️

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, sac said:

I look forward to reading what yours will be shortly. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Wank poster

🤷‍♂️

Just my opinion ... no need to get upset about it. Anyone at the St Mirren match knows we won’t stay up, if the season resumes ...

Seymour M Hersh
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Top Bloke / Wank Manager 

Says a wank poster.

Just my opinion ... no need to get upset about it. Anyone at the St Mirren match knows we won’t stay up, if the season resumes ...

:laugh:

I didn't get upset. I just stated my opinion too.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Says a wank poster.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Wank poster

🤷‍♂️

Too late ...

Seymour M Hersh

Too late ...

Belt and braces in the hope it sinks into your rather wooden bonce and you give up posting. 

23 minutes ago, EH11 said:

No it wouldn't. CL is toxic to some and any mention, irrespective of sentiment would be criticised.

I totally disagree. Anybody who had sacrificed wages in this situation would be made public imo. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Belt and braces in the hope it sinks into your rather wooden bonce and you give up posting. 

If you eliminate the dissenting voices, you are just left with the collective chatter of Stendel love; as we slip into the abyss.

25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Mitigating factors ...

Against St Mirren we had three international strikers on the park and couldn’t manage a single goal.

Excuses those were, he was a total failure as a manager. 

Seymour M Hersh

If you eliminate the dissenting voices, you are just left with the collective chatter of Stendel love; as we slip into the abyss.

It's an abyss I'd be happy to see you slip into sooner than later. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, GinRummy said:

Excuses those were, he was a total failure as a manager. 

How would you describe Stendel?

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's an abyss I'd be happy to see you slip into sooner than later. 

Not sure how I would slip into the Scottish Championship? Happy to try anything once though ...