• Mr Elwood P

• East Lothian Jambo

• GinRummy

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ericb said:

Great gesture, is he actually working though? I assume there is no training?

What difference does it make?

Are you trying to find fault in this gesture?

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

What difference does it make?

Are you trying to find fault in this gesture?

No hence the term "Great gesture", I'm asking if anyone knows what the situation is re football, i.e. when (if) we get a start date, they will need time to prepare.

Somehow, I doubt Daniel will walk away from us if we do go down, even if he is free to do so. 

What a man :wub:

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a f*****g surprise.

Pipedown

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Somehow, I doubt Daniel will walk away from us if we do go down, even if he is free to do so. 

I don’t get the love in at all? That St Mirren result could be one of the most damaging in our history ...

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely selfless thing to do, he'll go down in club folklore for doing something like that too, what a legend! 

As far as deserting us when we go down (we will go down, I'm sure of it), he's already on record as saying that he won't leave, and I for one am absolutely delighted by this if he stays, he gets it, he gets us, he's just drowned in an absolute sea of horseshit that the last sorry excuse for a manager left behind, and working with hands tied behind his back still to this day, the man will come good if we give him time! 

Oh, and feck the haters!! 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pipedown

I don’t get the love in at all? That St Mirren result could be one of the most damaging in our history ...

Pipedown.

They’re trying to turn a positive story into a negative one.

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Give it a rest eh. If you are looking for the person who’s inflicted the most damage in this clubs history it’s definitely not Stendel. 

Although he is still on the payroll, presumably on 100% of his wage. Not to worry though, he’s been taking a salary for doing nothing for months anyway so  Covid-19 will have no impact on his output. 

Rogue Daddy
6 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

Well said!

i was proud when we took the “leap of faith” and confounded Scottish football with the appointment of Daniel Stendel - and I retain that pride.

Crazy though it may seem, with us at the foot of the table, and great uncertainty about our status next season, recent events have increased my pride at being a Jambo - impressive things that Hearts have been the first to do in Scotland!

First there was Ann Budge’s proactive outspoken stance regarding the relegation decision.

Then there was her proactive decision to take “immediate action to cut staff costs and overheads”.  Acting swiftly, as she said, “to ensure that we, as a Club, can weather the storm”.  Despite the stupid “Hearts are insolvent” talk, this will prove to be a prudent step.

Now we have Daniel’s selfless and exemplary decision to not take his wage.  Bravo!

Three outstanding ways where we are leading the way, leading by example.  Makes this Jambo proud!

(I also agree with your final remark, Saughton Jambo.)

Ditto! Well said ! 👍

Heartsofgold
9 hours ago, Last Laff said:

This in no way, shape,  or form should be lost within the other thread.

What a fantastic selfless gesture from the manager going to AB and telling he’s willing to drop a wage so others less fortunate can perhaps keep a full wage.

(I would delete the thread I made if I wasnt banned from it (I didn’t run away) - I made a fool of myself, admittedly in the heat of the moment, he isn’t a fraud and he might not even be suited as the best manager to get us out of the mess we will find when football becomes back to forefront but I’m sorry for saying that, he’s definitely one of the good guys and I’m delighted we have someone like him at the club at this time with that attitude. Please don’t let this be about that shit though and more to do with the generosity and humility of the manager) 

Laff, I had a go at you on another thread and I worded it poorly.  My apologies.

With regards to this post, it takes a lot of guts to retract and say you were wrong or just saying something in the heat of the moment.  Hat's off you you pal.

And yes, it's a brilliant gesture by our man in charge!

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The damage had been done by the time he arrived.

Levein should do similar and cancel contract. He will have built up enough to keep him going. Now 55 some can access his pension. 

Big Slim Stylee
9 hours ago, Last Laff said:

This in no way, shape,  or form should be lost within the other thread.

What a fantastic selfless gesture from the manager going to AB and telling he’s willing to drop a wage so others less fortunate can perhaps keep a full wage.

(I would delete the thread I made if I wasnt banned from it (I didn’t run away) - I made a fool of myself, admittedly in the heat of the moment, he isn’t a fraud and he might not even be suited as the best manager to get us out of the mess we will find when football becomes back to forefront but I’m sorry for saying that, he’s definitely one of the good guys and I’m delighted we have someone like him at the club at this time with that attitude. Please don’t let this be about that shit though and more to do with the generosity and humility of the manager) 

Well said, chap. Apologies for what I said

1 hour ago, ericb said:

Great gesture, is he actually working though? I assume there is no training?

I know our u23s coach has been doing video analysis with the players on their last games. I would be very surprised if Daniel wasnt doing some sort of work.

Ted Hastings
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Don't worry, if he does exercise that clause maybe you'll get your wish and they will wheel out Levein to get us out of the championship. 

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Jambos4life said:

Could the evening news print that all fans are behind the HMFC and the Daniel and naysmith are thanked by our supporters as we are taking a pounding but all in the media atm

No they’ll interview some other ex hibs twat to give his opinion probably. 
Daniel Stendel though🥰🇩🇪🇩🇪
If Naismith does it too then fair play also. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No they’ll interview some other ex hibs twat to give his opinion probably. 
Daniel Stendel though🥰🇩🇪🇩🇪
If Naismith does it too then fair play also. 

Edit; ignore emoji!

4FE4251F-2293-46FE-862B-4D5ABD4C1587.jpeg

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence

You read all the comments from selfish and ignorant players, ex players, agents, etc, then you see the actions of Stendel and allegedly Naismith now, and realise we mustn’t tar them all with the same brush.

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hearing that Naismith is doing the same.  It won’t be forgotten by the supporters.  Class act.

Doubt we’ll see this smothered over the back pages.  Suspect it will be all about Dikamona today.

Dikamona has no problem accepting the 50% cut he's trying to save hearts more money by ripping up his contract for nothing he doesnt want anything his contract expires 31may 

Tenaciousdandy

What an Incredible gesture from stendal, naismith and any other member of staff in the financial position to do this to help the less fortunate out, when football returns these guys need to be shown the gratitude they deserve when they walk onto the pitch

Edited by Dandyman79

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, gorgieroar said:

Dikamona has no problem accepting the 50% cut he's trying to save hearts more money by ripping up his contract for nothing he doesnt want anything his contract expires 31may 

He's always came across as a genuinely good guy and clearly loves hearts fc, hope he can be rewarded with a new contract once this all boils over 

Batistuta87

Please, please, please can we keep hold of this guy - no matter what happens with our relegation/survival situation? Absolute gem of a guy, and I am utterly convinced that he's going to be a fantastic manager for us in the long run. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

He's always came across as a genuinely good guy and clearly loves hearts fc, hope he can be rewarded with a new contract once this all boils over 

This. 
Was incredibly surprised to see those reports of him knocking back reduced wages in order to pursue another club. Just didn't sound right. He seems to love playing for Hearts and struck me as one of those who would play for free if it came to it.

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Absolutely selfless thing to do, he'll go down in club folklore for doing something like that too, what a legend! 

As far as deserting us when we go down (we will go down, I'm sure of it), he's already on record as saying that he won't leave, and I for one am absolutely delighted by this if he stays, he gets it, he gets us, he's just drowned in an absolute sea of horseshit that the last sorry excuse for a manager left behind, and working with hands tied behind his back still to this day, the man will come good if we give him time! 

Oh, and feck the haters!! 

Excellent post mate. That loser Levein has a lot to answer for.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Clevid also given up what he is due

This is another reason why we can’t finish the season - our foreign staff are, quite rightly, returning to their families in whichever country that is.

The SPFL needs to call it now this week and pay out all prize money. Maybe this year every team should get the same prize money spread equally? 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He’s away back to Germany just now, just noticed it on sky sports news there.

That makes sense.

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Clevid also given up what he is due

This is another reason why we can’t finish the season - our foreign staff are, quite rightly, returning to their families in whichever country that is.

The SPFL needs to call it now this week and pay out all prize money. Maybe this year every team should get the same prize money spread equally? 

Good one mate 

Peter Lawwell will tell the SFA and SPFL how this will all go down 

They will be waiting on instruction from him 

Dan is the man. If you're reading this, Daniel, thank you, and I hope that both you and your family are doing well in the current virus crisis.

East Lothian Jambo
15 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Excellent post mate. That loser Levein has a lot to answer for.

Yes he certainly does. He's not a stupid man either. Very far from it 

I reckon Budge will privately be incredibly disappointed at how this has all gone wrong. She clearly gave Levein far too much responsibility and far too much time. Both of those decisions have proved absolutely catastrophic 

Making a great return on hidden gems and promotion of youth to first team for exposure and eventual sale was the model Budge and Levein kept going on about. Neither could be further from the reality that has unfolded. Continually having to build a new squad every year. Levein never built a team despite having more than enough resources to do so. Budge supported him fully including last summer when player budget was clearly pushed. Academy is producing nothing of note either 6 years on. Budge is paying a very heavy cost for misplaced loyalty 

Stendel makes this selfless gesture whilst Levein hangs on grimly speaks to their respective characters 

I very much doubt we'll see Stendel here next season. Unless he evaluates the situation and feels we can rip up the Championship if we are eventually relegated 

jack D and coke
48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Please, please, please can we keep hold of this guy - no matter what happens with our relegation/survival situation? Absolute gem of a guy, and I am utterly convinced that he's going to be a fantastic manager for us in the long run. 

He won’t work in the championship bud I’m afraid. It says it in the article. 
We go down I think sadly we go back to the McCall, McCann, Wright type life draining appointments. 

8 hours ago, VagabondJambo said:

Well said!

i was proud when we took the “leap of faith” and confounded Scottish football with the appointment of Daniel Stendel - and I retain that pride.

Crazy though it may seem, with us at the foot of the table, and great uncertainty about our status next season, recent events have increased my pride at being a Jambo - impressive things that Hearts have been the first to do in Scotland!

First there was Ann Budge’s proactive outspoken stance regarding the relegation decision.

Then there was her proactive decision to take “immediate action to cut staff costs and overheads”.  Acting swiftly, as she said, “to ensure that we, as a Club, can weather the storm”.  Despite the stupid “Hearts are insolvent” talk, this will prove to be a prudent step.

Now we have Daniel’s selfless and exemplary decision to not take his wage.  Bravo!

Three outstanding ways where we are leading the way, leading by example.  Makes this Jambo proud!

(I also agree with your final remark, Saughton Jambo.)

Great post!

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pipedown

Agree. I backed him but haven't seen enough to back him long term and it's back to levein style football. If we go down get Robbo in. He knows the league and look at how well caley are doing. Even after losing their two CB in January window. 

ToadKiller Dog
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Media trying to put a negative spin on a positive story is my reading ,same as the did with the Dikamona news .

Him going if we a relegated has always been a likely outcome ,his actions now are what's important. 

7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think this is apt at this moment in time

”If you can keep your head when all about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,   
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;   
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,   
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,   
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,   
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!”

AMEN!!!!

Eric Liddell Chariots of fire? 

3 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

He is giving up one months salary so he can return to France immediately. No big sacrifice from him or us tbh. 

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Of course he will. There’s no way we will pay £8-10k pw for any manager in the championship.