Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

26 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Watching Heathrow airport program the other day.  Guy landed at arrivals with no day 2 test booked, he said he couldn’t afford it but he would go and get a test in 2 days time…….started with the airport staff where he insisted he was not paying so the cops were called.  After a lengthy debate with the cops where they insisted he must (or should have) have a day 2 test booked, he continued to insist he wasn’t paying for it.  Eventually they let him go insisting he better get the test done in 2 days time of face a fine of xxxx……..the outcome was like he could get into serious trouble if he didn’t do a test in 2 days time but he hadn’t broken the law………smug arse looked back at the camera with a look like “I’m not doing it and, you don’t have the means to check up on that”.

So, the question begs: must have a test booked or should have a test booked?

That was not the outcome! They issued him with a fine which he said he was going to challenge in court.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I used Qured for the pre-departure, worked really well with almost instant results. Cost £22.50 using this discount code at checkout - CHELSEA10

Thanks

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

That was not the outcome! They issued him with a fine which he said he was going to challenge in court.

Ok….I stand corrected……must have missed that bit.

Shouldn't have read the above.
I'm still not sure what's req in all honesty !
I am going to Italy next week and thought my VAX passport was enough to go, with only a test req when I return.
Now I'm not sure. Tried reading the Gov website but getting confused is easy for me at my age !
HELP !!
😂

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Shouldn't have read the above.
I'm still not sure what's req in all honesty !
I am going to Italy next week and thought my VAX passport was enough to go, with only a test req when I return.
Now I'm not sure. Tried reading the Gov website but getting confused is easy for me at my age !
HELP !!
😂

Passenger locator form required for entry into Italy Boab, your airline website should have direction on how to...👍

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

Passenger locator form required for entry into Italy Boab, your airline website should have direction on how to...👍

It was the pre-departure test req that had me confused. Reading it, it seems to say I need one on the Gov website.

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

It was the pre-departure test req that had me confused. Reading it, it seems to say I need one on the Gov website.

This may help...

Screenshot_20211025-141541.png

Just now, Boab said:

Cheers, looks like I do need to book a test before I go. Oh well, another expense !

The second bullet-point just looks like to me as being a second option for entry...

1 minute ago, OBE said:

The second bullet-point just looks like to me as being a second option for entry...

No, it means anyone entering Italy has to meet both requirements listed.

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No, it means anyone entering Italy has to meet both requirements listed.

That was the slight confusion on my part. Thought one of the two would do. I'll just get it done before I go to avoid the Carabinieri setting about me at the airport ! 😂

Cheers, guys !

2 hours ago, Boab said:

That was the slight confusion on my part. Thought one of the two would do. I'll just get it done before I go to avoid the Carabinieri setting about me at the airport ! 😂

Cheers, guys !

Passenger locator forms are required for everyone, everywhere regardless of vaccine status I think.

19 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Has anyone had to get a supervised antigen test to go away.  Who have people used?  

I've booked mine at the airport.

Probably dearer than some other companies. £40.

Hey ho !

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Has anyone had to get a supervised antigen test to go away.  Who have people used?  

I'll need to book one shortly, going to go with either Boots (they do it instore at the Gyle) or Qured for a video call, both about £30.

Edited by jvm32

The personal information you must forward to Expert Medical for the registration process of the kit is ridic, probably make more from the info than the £28 cost...

Footballfirst

The UK's vaccine status record is being incorporated into the EU scheme as of Monday. It will mean that use can use your certification in the EU to attend venues or events that require you to be vaccinated, rather than have to get a separate test.

If you have a paper version then you will have to update it to ensure that it incorporates the EU validation checks.

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The UK's vaccine status record is being incorporated into the EU scheme as of Monday. It will mean that use can use your certification in the EU to attend venues or events that require you to be vaccinated, rather than have to get a separate test.

If you have a paper version then you will have to update it to ensure that it incorporates the EU validation checks.

About time 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask as I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but I’m away to Madrid in two weeks ( 3rd time of asking) do I need to buy a LFT at £21.50 and get it sent out to my house. That will then give me a number to put into my passenger locator form? 

Also where do I fill in the locator form?
Does the form appear on my booking when I go to check in 

I’m double jagged and have a paper copy of this.. do I need to do anything else? 

Many thanks 

3 hours ago, theshed said:

Sorry to ask as I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but I’m away to Madrid in two weeks ( 3rd time of asking) do I need to buy a LFT at £21.50 and get it sent out to my house. That will then give me a number to put into my passenger locator form? 

I’m double jagged and have a paper copy of this.. do I need to do anything else? 

Many thanks 

When you say "do I need to buy", do you mean because of Spanish requirements when you're going or British requirements on your way back?  Spain requires visitors from the UK to have either a vaccination certificate showing full vaccination issued by the NHS, or alternatively a negative Covid-19 test issued 72 hours or less before arrival into Spain.  Visitors also have to complete a form to be sent an FCS QR code - effectively a code to show they meet either the jab or test requirements if asked on the way into Spain.  You fill in a form and get a QR code emailed, but you can't complete the form until 48 hours before arrival in Spain.

11 hours ago, theshed said:

Many thanks 

You need to fill in a locator form for both directions of travel within 48 of your departure and return. 

Spainish form Here

Uk form Here

You need the booking reference number for your lft test for the uk locator form for your return flight. 

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

You need to fill in a locator form for both directions of travel within 48 of your departure and return. 

Spainish form Here

Uk form Here

You need the booking reference number for your lft test for the uk locator form for your return flight. 

Very helpful thanks 👍

Can I buy the LFT before I head over to Spain but keep the reference number till I fill in the form two days before I come back? 

Also is randox the best place to get my LFT 

Thanks again 

14 minutes ago, theshed said:

Very helpful thanks 👍

Can I buy the LFT before I head over to Spain but keep the reference number till I fill in the form two days before I come back? 

Thanks again 

Yep you can buy it any time. The reference numbers required will be in your confirmation email from Randox. Don’t delete that like I did. 🙄😂

I’ve only used Randox and they were great. 👍

Wee update (rules are different now) on our experience of Expert Medicals. 4 X 2 day PCR tests sent away, only 1 result returned to us which was a positive result. 😟 Result confirmed by an NHS PCR test and the rest of us tested clear. 

The wife was really I'll and in bed for a week but back to full health now.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Very helpful thanks 👍

Thanks again 

Yeah you can.

32 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Wee update (rules are different now) on our experience of Expert Medicals. 4 X 2 day PCR tests sent away, only 1 result returned to us which was a positive result. 😟 Result confirmed by an NHS PCR test and the rest of us tested clear. 

The wife was really I'll and in bed for a week but back to full health now.

We never got a result back from them. Maybe they oy bother for positives 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone in the know.

Flying from Glasgow and transiting via Amsterdam to my final destination.

Which flight number should I enter on my pre-flight antigen test form?

54 minutes ago, Rousset1 said:

I done final destination. That was transiting via London mind. May need to check Dutch rules but I’d think it’s your final stop.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I done final destination. That was transiting via London mind. May need to check Dutch rules but I’d think it’s your final stop.

Thanks for that.

Good to know.

Doctor FinnBarr

Thinking about taking the wife to Tenerife in January for her birthday (Easyjet), worth booking just now or is it all liable to go tits up again?

6 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Thinking about taking the wife to Tenerife in January for her birthday (Easyjet), worth booking just now or is it all liable to go tits up again?

If it goes tits up you’ll get your money back no real risk or benefit to not booking now imo. 

On 23/11/2021 at 09:28, Rousset1 said:

If it's for the UK authorities I'd put the flight that you'll be leaving the UK on, they won't know care about a flight from Amsterdam to somewhere else.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

If it goes tits up you’ll get your money back no real risk or benefit to not booking now imo. 

Aye fair enough, just did it, £279 for both of us. CDT even have a home game whilst we're over, Vamos Tete.

CavySlaveJambo

Given the change from Day 2 LFT to Day 2 PCR who would you recommend the test with?   

I have my Day 2 currently booked with Qured, who at the moment are only offering the LFT and as I travel Tuesday morning I need to find Another test, ideally before I go.  I am thinking Boots or Randox.

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Given the change from Day 2 LFT to Day 2 PCR who would you recommend the test with?   

I have my Day 2 currently booked with Qured, who at the moment are only offering the LFT and as I travel Tuesday morning I need to find Another test, ideally before I go.  I am thinking Boots or Randox.

Whichever's cheaper.

13 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Expert medicals still hanging about like a bad smell, PCR's £20, used them in October, no drama...

Nucky Thompson

Spain now only letting Brits in who are fully vaccinated.

Where does that leave 12-15 year olds who have only had one dose?

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Spain now only letting Brits in who are fully vaccinated.

Where does that leave 12-15 year olds who have only had one dose?

Home alone...😉

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, OBE said:

Home alone...😉

We don't go to Lanzarote until February anyway.

I feel sorry for people with kids going to the Canaries for Christmas and New Year

Due to go to Lanzarote on Saturday (cancelled from last year). After months of everything looking fairly straight forward everything is up in the air again!!

23 minutes ago, His name is said:

Due to go to Lanzarote on Saturday (cancelled from last year). After months of everything looking fairly straight forward everything is up in the air again!!

Aye! and so will you...have faith. Fully jagged, the airline wants to take you, you're destination cant wait to welcome you, it'll be fine...wish it was me.

Edited by OBE

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, His name is said:

The only thing that is changing right now is the test and hopefully short stint of self isolation that is needed when you come home. 

It is annoying though. 

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The only thing that is changing right now is the test and hopefully short stint of self isolation that is needed when you come home. 

It is annoying though. 

Spain have just changed their rules for entry. Only fully vaccinated now allowed. 

I’m just back today from Madrid (booked over a year ago) and back at work tomorrow 

If I was going next week I’d not have went with these new rules as would probably mean 4 days roughly off work with no pay as I’d have no holidays left to take 

We are just back from a fantastic  2 weeks in Lanzarote, felt safer there than back home, go into a shop, bar or restaurant, everyone is wearing a mask. Walked passed a group of school children aged about 6 or 7 and everyone off them, including the 2 teachers had a mask on, this was out in the open air, on the street.