• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Bongo 1874

• Ethan Hunt

• dustybin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't make my mind up about Stendel - but I think the players and Levein are to blame ahead of him

The way we played against Rangers and Hibs was nice to see.. But players including Naismith (who I have always been supportive of) seem to think it is okay to be bothered 'some of the time'

I can't help but think Naismith may not be the positive affect in the dressing room that we had hoped. I see him trying to calm players down that are going a bit 'gung-ho' in one game.. then he's doing it himself and getting silly bookings in the next. He's got lots of skill and is capable of more than most. I hope I am wrong, but he seems to come across like a bit of a moody 'nobody can shoot but me' at times. I wonder if we have the right captain in the dressing room to get the boys enthused for the games? Funny how we played Vs Hibs when he was on the bench.

I know I am stabbing in the dark here and maybe its all wrong or unfair - I'm just baffled by the whole 'vibe' of the squad, and it cannot all be Stendel surely??

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

He's hardly giving us hope for that

Mate i know. What im saying is after the sevco game we humped hibs and drew with a decent motherwell side. The problem we had was st mirren and hamilton were winning too.  Another thing we have had much better teams over the years go to lst mirren and lose. and lose. He inherited so much shite. We still have a chance until its impossible we can stay up  but saying he is a fraud is wrong. We win our next game and we go again.

1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Mate i know. What im saying is after the sevco game we humped hibs and drew with a decent motherwell side. The problem we had was st mirren and hamilton were winning too.  Another thing we have had much better teams over the years go to lst mirren and lose. and lose. He inherited so much shite. We still have a chance until its impossible we can stay up  but saying he is a fraud is wrong. We win our next game and we go again.

This is one of the annoying things about the reaction to St Mirren. We’ve played well v Hibs and Rangers and, to a degree Motherwell  then failed to turn up v St Mirren. People lose their minds when it’s actually been a regular thing. We have routinely failed to win there and elsewhere but folk go on like we have a divine right to rock up and horse the “wee” teams. 
We’re very inconsistent, we don’t score enough goals, we have no real midfield link. It ain’t over for me

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

This is one of the annoying things about the reaction to St Mirren. We’ve played well v Hibs and Rangers and, to a degree Motherwell  then failed to turn up v St Mirren. People lose their minds when it’s actually been a regular thing. We have routinely failed to win there and elsewhere but folk go on like we have a divine right to rock up and horse the “wee” teams. 
We’re very inconsistent, we don’t score enough goals, we have no real midfield link. It ain’t over for me

Well said. 

Brighton Jambo
On 11/03/2020 at 22:08, indianajones said:

Worst thread of the night. 

Klopp couldnt get a tune out those players. 

Players that Levein assesmbled by the way. 

I don’t buy into the Strendels a fraud line but his signings have been dreadful.  

the only one who shows any promise is Liam Boyce and is be surprised if it was Stendals knowledge of the player that brought him to the club.  

He has crap GKs, a leaky central defence, uncreative midfielders who think graft is fouling not winning the ball, and thus a bunch of strikers who cannot score...

Cap that with a bloated squad which is overpaid and cannot motivate themselves. 

That is what Stendal meant when he said that the problems were far worse than he thought on taking the job - ie Levein bleated to him about injuries and how good the squad would be when Souttar and Naismith were fit... Levein sold him a bum rap.

Least we can do is support the guy.  He has shown that he can change things when they are not working. I believe he needs to make more changes such as using Uche as a Plan B on 60 mins rather than bringing on straight swap wingers who do nothing; and perhaps he needs to drop Halkett for Smith or Sibbick (when fit)

The Wrinkly Ninja

Any protests will have to have fewer that 500 angry gathered men come Monday.

Best get them all done over the weekend and post date them! 

Stendel inherited a turd, tried to polish it, failed.  The overpaid players need to have a long hard look at themselves here. Long after they are gone the club will be here and a lot of them will regret the abject contempt they have shown this season.

The club will survive once we have cleared the decks of the drastically failed 5 year plan which has brought us full circle but with a shiny new, still unfinished stand.

Here is hoping for the next 5 years stewards to be up to the task!!

3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Any protests will have to have fewer that 500 angry gathered children come Monday.

Best get them all done over the weekend and post date them! 

Ftfy.

Grey trackie bottoms and puffer jackets at the ready.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason

Anyone else seen screenshots of the John Murray texts about Stendel, a co worker just showed them to me.  As usual I take everything with a pinch of salt but if these are true it would explain a lot.  Big bust up with Boyce at the Motherwell game after he apparently questioned if Stendel wants us relegated as has that clause.  Loads in the messages about there being a bad atmosphere on the bus driving through to Paisley and the usual comments about players mentioning him stinking of drink all the time.  Be keen to see if any of the ITK ers on here have seen or heard this.

Austin MacGlee

I was shown a text that was apparently from John Murray to someone else where Murray is claiming Stendel is about to be sacked. Apparently him and Boyce had a massive fall out the other night and there was verbals on the journey to Paisley. No idea how much truth there is in any of it and am taking it with a pinch of salt as I always do with these things. Will try and get a screen shot to post it here if I can.

Austin MacGlee
3 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Anyone else seen screenshots of the John Murray texts about Stendel, a co worker just showed them to me.  As usual I take everything with a pinch of salt but if these are true it would explain a lot.  Big bust up with Boyce at the Motherwell game after he apparently questioned if Stendel wants us relegated as has that clause.  Loads in the messages about there being a bad atmosphere on the bus driving through to Paisley and the usual comments about players mentioning him stinking of drink all the time.  Be keen to see if any of the ITK ers on here have seen or heard this.

Literally just posted this. Wonder if we know the same person?

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

I was shown a text that was apparently from John Murray to someone else where Murray is claiming Stendel is about to be sacked. Apparently him and Boyce had a massive fall out the other night and there was verbals on the journey to Paisley. No idea how much truth there is in any of it and am taking it with a pinch of salt as I always do with these things. Will try and get a screen shot to post it here if I can.

Maybe the same message we are being shown then?

Literally just posted this. Wonder if we know the same person?

Maybe you are the same person?

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Maybe the same message we are being shown then?

Picture of the phone open on WhatsApp convo and not an actual screen shot?

Scottie Wanshot.
On 11/03/2020 at 22:17, letsalllaughathobos said:

He has been brought in as he accepts Craig's role, 

A guy who took a chance and Ann gambled on him and it's another huge fail, 

JJ and Locke till end of season now for me, 

totally agree.

1 minute ago, brux said:

Maybe you are the same person?

Nice one, as I say keen to see if anyone else has seen/heard about this.

Picture of the phone open on WhatsApp convo and not an actual screen shot?

Aye the boy had to zoom in so I could read it, my colleague has form for Billy Bullsh*tting so we will see.

27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He has crap GKs, a leaky central defence, uncreative midfielders who think graft is fouling not winning the ball, and thus a bunch of strikers who cannot score...

Cap that with a bloated squad which is overpaid and cannot motivate themselves. 

That is what Stendal meant when he said that the problems were far worse than he thought on taking the job - ie Levein bleated to him about injuries and how good the squad would be when Souttar and Naismith were fit... Levein sold him a bum rap.

Least we can do is support the guy.  He has shown that he can change things when they are not working. I believe he needs to make more changes such as using Uche as a Plan B on 60 mins rather than bringing on straight swap wingers who do nothing; and perhaps he needs to drop Halkett for Smith or Sibbick (when fit)

Bang on.........other than Uche haha. 

The Real Maroonblood
On 12/03/2020 at 07:07, iantjambo said:

He was a legend a week ago. Now he's a fraud :rofl:

I love this place :gok:

The OP is a fraud.

He’s disappeared as usual.

1 minute ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Aye the boy had to zoom in so I could read it, my colleague has form for Billy Bullsh*tting so we will see.

Does sound like a conspiracy theory that gives you just enough to peak interest. 

1 hour ago, Mollo said:

I can't make my mind up about Stendel - but I think the players and Levein are to blame ahead of him

The way we played against Rangers and Hibs was nice to see.. But players including Naismith (who I have always been supportive of) seem to think it is okay to be bothered 'some of the time'

I can't help but think Naismith may not be the positive affect in the dressing room that we had hoped. I see him trying to calm players down that are going a bit 'gung-ho' in one game.. then he's doing it himself and getting silly bookings in the next. He's got lots of skill and is capable of more than most. I hope I am wrong, but he seems to come across like a bit of a moody 'nobody can shoot but me' at times. I wonder if we have the right captain in the dressing room to get the boys enthused for the games? Funny how we played Vs Hibs when he was on the bench.

I know I am stabbing in the dark here and maybe its all wrong or unfair - I'm just baffled by the whole 'vibe' of the squad, and it cannot all be Stendel surely??

I think you’re right to question the decision to make Naismith captain. From what I can observe on the pitch I don’t think he has the character for it. On the positive side he’s passionate and always communicating. On the negative side he seems to believe that he has to do everything himself and, as a consequence, he’s not concentrating solely on the things he’s good at. He might not be a better player but I think that, temperament wise, Halkett makes a better captain.

Austin MacGlee
4 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Like I said, pinch of salt as far as I'm concerned but the person who showed me doesn't have a bad reputation but also isn't "ITK" by any stretch of the imagination. Also wanted to know if anyone on here had heard/seen similar.

I don't think Stendel is a fraud for what it's worth to the OP, I was just never convinced he was the right man to sort this mess. I wanted Neil Warnock and would still take him now.

Austin MacGlee
6 minutes ago, S Form said:

I think you’re right to question the decision to make Naismith captain. From what I can observe on the pitch I don’t think he has the character for it. On the positive side he’s passionate and always communicating. On the negative side he seems to believe that he has to do everything himself and, as a consequence, he’s not concentrating solely on the things he’s good at. He might not be a better player but I think that, temperament wise, Halkett makes a better captain.

This is exactly how I feel when I'm watching him too. He'd be better as a "lead by example" type because what he does well is outstanding...he maybe feels too much pressure to be "visible" to the fans as Berra got stick for not being vocal enough.

Also agree re: Halkett.

John Findlay
On 11/03/2020 at 22:14, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Last week he was untouchable. Bad loss tonight and he gets pelters. Naturally deserved ones.

Fans remain clueless like the players.

The best post on the thread

Edited by John Findlay

ford donald
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t buy into the Strendels a fraud line but his signings have been dreadful.  

the only one who shows any promise is Liam Boyce and is be surprised if it was Stendals knowledge of the player that brought him to the club.  

The one goal scorer we have,yet he is on the bench,Washington is not a goal scorer,but he is a worker and runner,Boyce must play every week,his confidence will drop otherwise.

22 minutes ago, ford donald said:

The one goal scorer we have,yet he is on the bench,Washington is not a goal scorer,but he is a worker and runner,Boyce must play every week,his confidence will drop otherwise.

He has scored 2 goals in his last 3 games where he has been played as a striker rather than out wide.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Bang on.........other than Uche haha. 

I'm no huge fan of Uche, but I'm just not seeing anything in the second half subs most of the time...

If we get relegated, which you would have to say is more likely than not then these wasters, losers and duds will always be known as the team that went down without a fight.  Not even the slightest spark of anger, fight or desire.

The Foundation of Ann Budge's legacy.

Rogue Daddy

Terrible thread IMO. We have players that can beat Rangers (2nd) twice, thump Hubz in their own patch, and gift Motherwell (3rd) a goal for a draw. We have the players that can perform... when they want to.

I was delighted that we went for someone different, other than the usual run-of-the-mill Scottish manager that's only objective is to 'settle' to be the best of the rest behind the uglies.

We've seen glimpses of what DS is trying to achieve... I place 85% of the blame at the players and their attitudes (and by extension, the previous management team who signed them). I'm with others on here that believe things were far worse than what DS previously thought, prior to joinging us. A complete sh*t storm.

Yes he's made mistakes, tried this and that to find a formula... which manager coming in wouldn't?

But a FRAUD? Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

88E653E2-7C3C-43C5-874A-8E82CB1A950B.jpeg

Scottie Wanshot.
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Boyce has scored 2 goals, 1 was a in/ off, so he isnt much good I would say.

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

😂😂😂

Of course it’s isn’t. 

boy was wanting a screenshot. Will be some smelly hobo on the wind up.

Stendel about to be sacked 🤔 this could prove costly, considering we don't know what the circumstances are regarding Barnsley for compo. 

And haven't paid Levein off  🤔

And what grounds do we have to sack him?. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stendel about to be sacked 🤔 this could prove costly, considering we don't know what the circumstances are regarding Barnsley for compo. 

And haven't paid Levein off  🤔

And what grounds do we have to sack him?. 

You don’t need grounds if you are paying people off. 

4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You don’t need grounds if you are paying people off. 

So let me get this straight we are going to pay Stendel off, but wouldn't pay of Levein Macphee or Fox do I have this right?. 

Are there really  people on here believing this absolute tosh, or are the believers just fueling the fire for other reasons?

Edited by brux

30 minutes ago, nick_3892 said:

88E653E2-7C3C-43C5-874A-8E82CB1A950B.jpeg

Get this trouble making hobo punted mods. Things are bad enough around here without putting up with this crap.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

It's been proven as being made up by a ****ing twat of a "Hearts supporter."

Quality banter, man...

Well, the "****ing twat" bit is spot on, the "Hearts supporter" bit is severely questionable. The guy's a pathetic fud.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So let me get this straight we are going to pay Stendel off, but wouldn't pay of Levein Macphee or Fox do I have this right?. 

I’ve no idea I don’t believe a word of it. I’m just saying grounds mean nowt. 

If there was an argument about his tactics, about playing certain players etc I could maybe believe it. But if it is true that he had to be persuaded to start now rather than next season, why on earth would you put a relegation clause in?  And whatever the rights and wrongs of it any player letting fans down by not trying to win a match arent worthy of the title professional footballer. 

Just now, Redhelen said:

If there was an argument about his tactics, about playing certain players etc I could maybe believe it. But if it is true that he had to be persuaded to start now rather than next season, why on earth would you put a relegation clause in?  And whatever the rights and wrongs of it any player letting fans down by not trying to win a match arent worthy of the title professional footballer. 

Don't listen to the BS Red, hopefully Stendel will be with us next season, and gets a full pre season bringing in his own players, and gets rid of the s**** that is within our ranks. 

I believe if given the chance he can do something very special with this club, let's just say there is a few bad apples at our club that need shown the door, and it's not just players. 

We need strong leaders at our club, Alan Burrows is someone Ann should approach, and ask if he wants to be apart of our special club. 

Ann can turn this around but she needs to get everything right from here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44131816&ved=2ahUKEwjTrdfzgJjoAhU8TxUIHZjTD0kQFjAGegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2jMrcAh1d0gGzb59Xs7wS7&ampcf=1