Daniel Stendel - fraud

Last Laff

Five to One

I can tell you exactly why we are where we are. He’s still at the Club. A horrendous decision to keep him on which has given the players an out. Ann, you and the fans saved the club, but your loyalty to Craig means we’re playing in the Championship next season. How could you let this happen. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Bongo 1874

• Ethan Hunt

• dustybin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scottie Wanshot.

He said after the game tonight " I cant believe there wasn't any fight from the team "  ITS HIS JOB TO MAKE SURE THERES  FIGHT. Big mistake getting him as manager.

23 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Yep. He’s done very little that McPhee or Levein couldn’t have done. 

Locke firefighting until the end of the season.

Like last time Locke kept us up , o wait!

Scottie Wanshot.

He said after the game tonight " I cant believe there wasn't any fight from the team "  ITS HIS JOB TO MAKE SURE THERES  FIGHT. Big mistake getting him as manager.

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Five to One said:

I can tell you exactly why we are where we are. He’s still at the Club. A horrendous decision to keep him on which has given the players an out. Ann, you and the fans saved the club, but your loyalty to Craig means we’re playing in the Championship next season. How could you let this happen. 

How did that cause us to lose tonight?

StevenJ1874
2 hours ago, dustybin said:

He is a fraud, why we went with this guy beggars belief. He can't even speak English fluently. We are doomed under this whole regime. 

Aye let’s blame our downfall on the fact our gaffer can’t talk English, what’s klopps excuse?? Oh wait **** all to do with it!!

Our relegation is Leveins and there majority of the players fault

Five to One
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How did that cause us to lose tonight?

You think the previous Head Coach still being on the payroll isn’t a problem? Oh dear. 

500ClubCraig

Can it get any worse? No not in terms of league position!
Boot DS now and put Gary Locke &  Gary Naysmith in charge for last 8 games.... what’s to lose🤔

2 minutes ago, 500ClubCraig said:

Can it get any worse? No not in terms of league position!
Boot DS now and put Gary Locke &  Gary Naysmith in charge for last 8 games.... what’s to lose🤔

This is why we will forever be a shitty team that thinks finishing 3rd in the League is something to celebrate. Zero ambition to ever win the SPL. Just cycle through a bunch of ex players and dinosaurs. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Five to One said:

You think the previous Head Coach still being on the payroll isn’t a problem? Oh dear. 

I don’t think it influences team tactics or performances. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, obua said:

Like last time Locke kept us up , o wait!

How many internationalists or even players over age 21 did Locke have?  How many players did he sign? And don’t forget the 15 point deduction and transfer embargo that relegated us before a ball was kicked.

We have none of these excuses this time. Not one.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, CAI said:

This is why we will forever be a shitty team that thinks finishing 3rd in the League is something to celebrate. Zero ambition to ever win the SPL. Just cycle through a bunch of ex players and dinosaurs. 

The halcyon days of third place. 

Five to One
Just now, davemclaren said:

I don’t think it influences team tactics or performances. 

I didn’t say it does, but him hanging around like a bad smell has made us a laughing stock, given the players a convenient excuse and undermined the new coaching staff. 

I can’t think of any other club where there is precedent for this. It beggars belief. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How many internationalists or even players over age 21 did Locke have?  How many players did he sign? And don’t forget the 15 point deduction and transfer embargo that relegated us before a ball was kicked.

We have none of these excuses this time. Not one.

Chill I’m just a bit down for some reason.

Niemi’s gloves
9 minutes ago, CAI said:

Blaming Stendal for Levein's failure great stuff. Absolute morons on here 😐

We win: brilliant motivation/tactics/substitutions from Stendel

We lose: not in any way Stendel’s fault

Have I got that right?

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Five to One said:

I didn’t say it does, but him hanging around like a bad smell has made us a laughing stock, given the players a convenient excuse and undermined the new coaching staff. 

I can’t think of any other club where there is precedent for this. It beggars belief. 

In what way has it “given the players a convenient excuse”. Can you point to a single comment or indication from any player that supports your assertion?

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

We win: brilliant motivation/tactics/substitutions from Stendel

We lose: not in any way Stendel’s fault

Have I got that right?

We have been playing better football since he took over period. Far more goals, attacking football. He even turned around the fortunes of lost causes like Clare. It's not possible to take over late into the season and in print his whole philosophy of football and expect all the zero talent players Levein gave us to understand the game. No doubt about it, there are far to many players that don't deserve to put the jersey on and cannot wait to leave in the Summer. I think there is hope for he could achieve if given the funds and the backing and a full pre-season with his own squad. 

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Make no doubt about it.  The guys a fraud.  

Levein is a massive massive part of this shit but Stendel hasn’t got a clue and yet is loved by some for no reason at all.  

**** off.

This shit show has been years in the making .

A deluded owner who set her store out on last season's  balance sheet and a board who are a ****ing joke. 

A total ****ing joke. 

Talking of a ****ing joke - the FoH reps better call out the directors as not fit for purpose or they can **** off as well.

Millions squandered and no one at board level gives a shit and has never been answerable for.

A total ****ing shit show of epic proportions..

Hopefully I'll get banned & not suspended so I don't have to listen to any more ****ing shit  about CL  (legend) and AB (saved the club).

So, just to close : a total ****ing shit show.

Five to One
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

In what way has it “given the players a convenient excuse”. Can you point to a single comment or indication from any player that supports your assertion?

You think a player would publicly comment on this? You don’t think Levein still being on the payroll is weird practice for a football club? 

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Five to One said:

You think a player would publicly comment on this? You don’t think Levein still being on the payroll is weird practice for a football club? 

It is unusual verging on weird. But your assertion that “it gives the players a convenient excuse” is pure speculation on your part.

annushorribilis III

He's on the payroll because the club can't afford to pay him off - because if they did CL will sue the club for a pay off in full.

Like he did with the SFA . Just Google it. 

But he's a legend. 

Hearts manager Daniel Stendel: "St Mirren fought from the first minute. Forty-five minutes is not enough in a game like this. Everybody expected that you fight and have desire in every game.

"I know this is disappointing for all. Maybe they've lost a little bit of hope for our big goal. I promise Sunday I'll play a team that knows how big a game it is and will fight from the first minute. I never give up."

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

He's on the payroll because the club can't afford to pay him off - because if they did CL will sue the club for a pay off in full.

But he's a legend. 

I don’t think anybody is calling him a legend

Five to One
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

It is unusual verging on weird. But your assertion that “it gives the players a convenient excuse” is pure speculation on your part.

Fair point, though I have heard some pretty strange stories. I just don’t understand why he’s still there when a new coaching team is in place. In any business or organisation I’ve learnt you never retain someone with an axe to grind. You find a way to work them out. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

That guy from the antipodes did it in the last 24  hours. 

Five to One
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

But he's a legend. 

How much are we talking here? I would have paid it and been done. Would have made it a priority over any appointment or signing. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Over reaction. Played brilliant the two games previously. 

Problem is,  we have players who can't string a run of games. 

Even Naismith. 2 games a week and his energy saps.

Should have been different team on Saturday to save energy for this one. St Mirren knew tonight was the game,  our defence is often criticised but often it's the incompetence in front of them as it was again tonight leaving them to carry the can.

Mitigation for the midfield players they have run their ballocks off 3 games in a row. 

I said before Saturday that should have been changed 

Not an over reaction. I've been saying it all season. He's cost us 8 points v Motherwell alone this season. 

annushorribilis III

How much are we talking here? I would have paid it and been done. Would have made it a priority over any appointment or signing. 

FoH members should be asking. I cancelled my membership about 12 months ago.

I'd have sacked him and his cohort of clowns for incompetence. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Steady. He's no Franco Baresi, or even Dave McPherson, but he's put in some MoM performances since coming back into the team despite 3 different CD partners - two of them way off form themselves - and a somewhat risky approach to defending from his new manager. 

He's had a handful of good games all season and even in his good games v Rangers and Hibs, got away with some poor defending, especially at corners. 

No Franco Baresi, he's not even a Zaliukas. 

Needs punted at the end of the season. One of the main reasons we have the worst defence in the league. 

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, CAI said:

Finishing 3rd? That sounds just horrible and something to protest. Maybe with a plane. 

We've had most of our best seasons under ex players to be fair.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Cruyff said:

He's had a handful of good games all season and even in his good games v Rangers and Hibs, got away with some poor defending, especially at corners. 

Needs punted at the end of the season. One of the main reasons we have the worst defence in the league. 

I wish we'd try him at DM - he's probably the closest we have to Haring, considering his goal threat and CB experience - but we're so short of CBs we can't.

Five to One
Just now, annushorribilis III said:

FoH members should be asking. I cancelled my membership about 12 months ago.

I'd have sacked him and his cohort of clowns for incompetence. 

It’s not even that. It’s football. If a coach or manager is sacked he leaves the building. Have no idea what his contract clauses were, but just pay him off and be done. Is Ann hiding something or am I just being overly critical of the Board? I may be completely wide of the mark, but I can’t help feeling this is a massive contributor to many of our problems now. I could also go on about the problems with the Main Stand and why they haven’t been resolved. Is Ann losing the plot? 

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Punt him then. 

We'll still have the same shower of shit on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Whelan and Periera weren’t on the park tonight. If we had won we had a brilliant chance of staying up either by winning enough games or being off the bottom

if the league is suspended. The signings of Sibbick, Avidjaj and Langer have done more damage than anything. 3/4 of our budget spent on players who either don’t or can’t play for us. Three quality additions to add to Boyce would have made a massive difference. The teams above us in the bottom six are rammed full of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen rejects: Holt, May, Wotherspoon, Craig, Callaghan, Robinson, Bartley etc ... We have the better players, we are just making a monumental arse of it. I don’t think we can stay up now, simply because we cannot perform against any bottom six side. If we had 8 games against Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen we’d have a fighting chance.

The reason I state those players is because last season we needed a top drawer Centerhalf, Goal keeper and two quality central Mids. 

We got none of them and the players that we signed for those important positions were substandard..

I agree, the signings Stendels made have not helped short term whatsoever. 

WheatfieldWarrior
51 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

Hearts have lost 3 games from 12 this calendar year, with the shambles of a squad inherited. A fraud? Certainly not.

Over the period since the start of the year we have got 10 points..

St Mirren have got 10 points over that same period and Hamilton have got 9.

8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Levein is certainly no legend that’s for damn sure. Up there with the likes of Chris Robinson in my book. Still being given a wage ? Shame on you Ann Budge.

as for Stendell, I feel for the guy I really do but he has been let down by absolute imposters, however he’s made many mistakes in his gung~ho approach.

have to hope the vermin get bottom 6 as it’s the only team we seem to be able to beat

annushorribilis III
Just now, Five to One said:

It’s not even that. It’s football. If a coach or manager is sacked he leaves the building. Have no idea what his contract clauses were, but just pay him off and be done. Is Ann hiding something or am I just being overly critical of the Board? I may be completely wide of the mark, but I can’t help feeling this is a massive contributor to many of our problems now. I could also go on about the problems with the Main Stand and why they haven’t been resolved. Is Ann losing the plot? 

Mate, I don't care if CL spends the next 20 years working off his pay off : that's not the problem. 

The club is run by an autocratic owner and a gutless board : that board will not be called out by FoH members. Not ever.

That's the problem.

We're all still on our knees. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The reason I state those players is because last season we needed a top drawer Centerhalf, Goal keeper and two quality central Mids. 

We got none of them and the players that we signed for those important positions were substandard..

Goalie I agree with with hindsight, but I think Levein prioritised other positions after Rangers gazumped us with McGregor.

Levein made a poor job of replacing Djoum, or rather waited too long for Djoum to decide his future. Mind you, many Hearts fans thought Djoum was rubbish when we've actually really missed him. He also thought Haring was coming back because he was due back. So we had two key positions unfilled. Although we did have Lee who I thought was OK. We also had Edwards who he didn't seem to want to use. I wish he'd put more faith on Cochrane and or Irving for longer to be honest, or Conor Smith. On balance, he made a pig's ear of central midfield although I think we all thought Whelan was an excellent stand-in for Haring initially.

In defence, we started the season with Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona, with Smith able to step in if needed. Souttar got injured again, Halkett got injured and Berra wasn't Berra anymore. With hindsight because of the injuries and Berra's loss of form, another top drawer CB would have been nice but how many can we have in our squad?

Edited by ToqueJambo

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Made the wrong choices tonight tactically. Why when you are away from home and need a result do you play 2 defensive midfielder players who will not give you the creativity you need? Baffling. 

Because he played for a draw and it backfired. I thought he would, it's a problem for us. "We need to stop losing goals" he says, even though from day one he's been all about attacking football. He has the same problems Cathro had, football wise, he's shot himself in the foot. Anyway I guess you could give him the summer to recruit and bring in his guys, he did well at Barnsley. That's what they'll probably do

Edited by rudi must stay

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wish we'd try him at DM - he's probably the closest we have to Haring, considering his goal threat and CB experience - but we're so short of CBs we can't.

Might have worked.

Haring has been the biggest loss of a player since we lost Mickey Cameron that season we almost got relegated under JJ. Had big Pete been 100% in front of our defence, we wouldn't be in this situation. 

That position right there has been needing filled all season, the amount of times we've lost a goal from losing a 50/50, 1st or 2nd ball in that area must be about 20 times. 

Halkett is a Centerhalf that plays as a sweeper in a 3 man defence, where he doesn't have to mark anyone, where he can pick up runners going in behind or close down players without worrying about losing his man. Positionally he can't play in a two, there's too much space around him, he's not used to it other than playing in the lower leagues. So perhaps, that DM position could have been the perfect role for him. 

annushorribilis III
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We just needed players to go out & play like they care. Some pasion, some balls, some attitude.

How on ****ing earth  you can mention Stendels signings is ridiculous. 

AB said there was money available - there clearly was not because we "signed " a bunch of ****ing duds (Honda aside). 

Ernie Eskilsson
24 minutes ago, CAI said:

We have been playing better football since he took over period. Far more goals, attacking football. He even turned around the fortunes of lost causes like Clare. It's not possible to take over late into the season and in print his whole philosophy of football and expect all the zero talent players Levein gave us to understand the game. No doubt about it, there are far to many players that don't deserve to put the jersey on and cannot wait to leave in the Summer. I think there is hope for he could achieve if given the funds and the backing and a full pre-season with his own squad. 

He looks clueless to me. We end up chasing every game apart from Hibs and Rangers with 5 up front and no midfield. It’s desperate stuff. He selects poor players and having Irving, Walker and Boyce on the bench watching that lot of dross last night is so frustrating. Stendel might get the odd decent result but it won’t be enough and I have no faith in him. 

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Might have worked.

Haring has been the biggest loss of a player since we lost Mickey Cameron that season we almost got relegated under JJ. Had big Pete been 100% in front of our defence, we wouldn't be in this situation. 

That position right there has been needing filled all season, the amount of times we've lost a goal from losing a 50/50, 1st or 2nd ball in that area must be about 20 times. 

Halkett is a Centerhalf that plays as a sweeper in a 3 man defence, where he doesn't have to mark anyone, where he can pick up runners going in behind or close down players without worrying about losing his man. Positionally he can't play in a two, there's too much space around him, he's not used to it other than playing in the lower leagues. So perhaps, that DM position could have been the perfect role for him. 

Shame you didn't tell CL this before we signed him. 

Five to One
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Mate, I don't care if CL spends the next 20 years working off his pay off : that's not the problem. 

The club is run by an autocratic owner and a gutless board : that board will not be called out by FoH members. Not ever.

That's the problem.

We're all still on our knees. 

I get what your saying, but Levein hanging on opened us up to ridicule and his still being there condones failure. This permeates throughout the Club.

I posted after the Open Day as I was shocked by the leaking water in the museum and other areas of the MS and was told to shut up on here by some as it’s seemingly not important. But who is addressing these kinds of issues or are they even being addressed? Even the Derby Night organised at Tynecastle was shambolic with three changes of suite venue - though nobody cared at the end after the result. 

I think there is a complex mix of things going wrong right now, on and off the pitch. To just point the finger at Stendel I don’t think is right. I really have no idea if he’s a good coach as he inherited a demotivated and average squad with major shortcomings in key positions, he’s had a tricky transfer window to negotiate, during which it must have been very difficult to attract players given our position in the league. Unfortunately, this whole mess is like a perfect storm. Change is needed, but we have to get it right in order to start the rebuilding job whichever league we’re in. 

annushorribilis III

I get what your saying, but Levein hanging on opened us up to ridicule and his still being there condones failure. This permeates throughout the Club.

I posted after the Open Day as I was shocked by the leaking water in the museum and other areas of the MS and was told to shut up on here by some as it’s seemingly not important. But who is addressing these kinds of issues or are they even being addressed? Even the Derby Night organised at Tynecastle was shambolic with three changes of suite venue - though nobody cared at the end after the result. 

I think there is a complex mix of things going wrong right now, on and off the pitch. To just point the finger at Stendel I don’t think is right. I really have no idea if he’s a good coach as he inherited a demotivated and average squad with major shortcomings in key positions, he’s had a tricky transfer window to negotiate, during which it must have been very difficult to attract players given our position in the league. Unfortunately, this whole mess is like a perfect storm. Change is needed, but we have to get it right in order to start the rebuilding job whichever league we’re in. 

For me , it's really simple :

The new stand is a run away project that AB started (at no personal risk to herself). AFAIK it's not finished. She passed the debt onto FoH and they sucked it up  (at which point I quit FoH). FoH chose to take on her wreckles spending , fair enough, that was voted on.

In the meantime , more importantly IMO, the football business was totally neglected - and if/when AB goes she should take the board with her because they have absolutely not done their duty : the balance sheet looks great (cos FoH was left holding the baby) but otherwise it's been a disaster on & off the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Goalie I agree with with hindsight, but I think Levein prioritised other positions after Rangers gazumped us with McGregor.

Levein made a poor job of replacing Djoum, or rather waited too long for Djoum to decide his future. Mind you, many Hearts fans thought Djoum was rubbish when we've actually really missed him. He also thought Haring was coming back because he was due back. So we had two key positions unfilled. Although we did have Lee who I thought was OK. We also had Edwards who he didn't seem to want to use. I wish he'd put more faith on Cochrane and or Irving for longer to be honest, or Conor Smith. On balance, he made a pig's ear of central midfield although I think we all thought Whelan was an excellent stand-in for Haring initially.

In defence, we started the season with Berra, Souttar, Halkett and Dikamona, with Smith able to step in if needed. Souttar got injured again, Halkett got injured and Berra wasn't Berra anymore. With hindsight because of the injuries and Berra's loss of form, another top drawer CB would have been nice but how many can we have in our squad?

Levein made an arse of the window.

He gave Doyle an extension despite Doyle clearly being backup at best. Then hastily used his contacts to sign Pereira, who he had clearly never actually watched ever, signed on his Man Utd rep alone. Same with Meshino, a lad who was always going to struggle coming from a virtually non-contact league to Scottish football. 

He should never have signed Halkett. I don't think he ever watched him, this was the guy that got done by David Vanecek last season ffs and had one season in the SPFL in a free role. He was never a Hearts level Centerhalf. 

He must have known Berra and Haring were struggling. He must know that Soapy has never played an entire season of professional football without serious injury. 

He then planned to play Clare Central mid, then after two games was like shit, I better hastily signed some old has been Midfielder and a guy that he clearly had only ever watched on wyscout, Damour. No pace, no creativity, no passers at all in Midfield. 

He obviously didn't like Edwards because he wasn't 6ft tall and decided that Harry Cochrane needed to be like the Hulk to play in Scotland when you've got 5ft 6" built like the gable end of a fiver, 18 Yr old Billy Gilmour, controlling games in the EPL. 

He left us with Jake Mulraney as our only wide player. Who was never first XI quality in his puff. Signed Jamie Walker who hadn't kicked a ball in years. Left us with Steven MacLean who's legs went about 4 Yr ago. Aiden Keena who looked like he had won a prize in a raffle and big Uche who couldn't trap a bag of cement. 

The guy left us with the most shambolic Hearts first team ever witnessed because he was ill prepared and frittered away his management by delegating everything to Daly, Macphee and feckin John Murray. 

That's why we're in the absolute shite.