Daniel Stendel - fraud

Last Laff

14 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Shame you didn't tell CL this before we signed him. 

Maybe he should scout his players before he signs them. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Bongo 1874

• Ethan Hunt

• dustybin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Five to One
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Levein made an arse of the window.

He gave Doyle an extension despite Doyle clearly being backup at best. Then hastily used his contacts to sign Pereira, who he had clearly never actually watched ever, signed on his Man Utd rep alone. Same with Meshino, a lad who was always going to struggle coming from a virtually non-contact league to Scottish football. 

He should never have signed Halkett. I don't think he ever watched him, this was the guy that got done by David Vanecek last season ffs and had one season in the SPFL in a free role. He was never a Hearts level Centerhalf. 

He must have known Berra and Haring were struggling. He must know that Soapy has never played an entire season of professional football without serious injury. 

He then planned to play Clare Central mid, then after two games was like shit, I better hastily signed some old has been Midfielder and a guy that he clearly had only ever watched on wyscout, Damour. No pace, no creativity, no passers at all in Midfield. 

He obviously didn't like Edwards because he wasn't 6ft tall and decided that Harry Cochrane needed to be like the Hulk to play in Scotland when you've got 5ft 6" built like the gable end of a fiver, 18 Yr old Billy Gilmour, controlling games in the EPL. 

He left us with Jake Mulraney as our only wide player. Who was never first XI quality in his puff. Signed Jamie Walker who hadn't kicked a ball in years. Left us with Steven MacLean who's legs went about 4 Yr ago. Aiden Keena who looked like he had won a prize in a raffle and big Uche who couldn't trap a bag of cement. 

The guy left us with the most shambolic Hearts first team ever witnessed because he was ill prepared and frittered away his management by delegating everything to Daly, Macphee and feckin John Murray. 

That's why we're in the absolute shite. 

Couldn’t agree more.

He did see Halkett play though when Livi blasted in 5 for no reply against us last season. Halkett also scored in that game. Said at the time Levein should have been gone the next morning for that result alone.  

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He gave Doyle an extension despite Doyle clearly being backup at best. Then hastily used his contacts to sign Pereira, who he had clearly never actually watched ever, signed on his Man Utd rep alone. Same with Meshino, a lad who was always going to struggle coming from a virtually non-contact league to Scottish football. 

He should never have signed Halkett. I don't think he ever watched him, this was the guy that got done by David Vanecek last season ffs and had one season in the SPFL in a free role. He was never a Hearts level Centerhalf. 

He must have known Berra and Haring were struggling. He must know that Soapy has never played an entire season of professional football without serious injury. 

He then planned to play Clare Central mid, then after two games was like shit, I better hastily signed some old has been Midfielder and a guy that he clearly had only ever watched on wyscout, Damour. No pace, no creativity, no passers at all in Midfield. 

He obviously didn't like Edwards because he wasn't 6ft tall and decided that Harry Cochrane needed to be like the Hulk to play in Scotland when you've got 5ft 6" built like the gable end of a fiver, 18 Yr old Billy Gilmour, controlling games in the EPL. 

He left us with Jake Mulraney as our only wide player. Who was never first XI quality in his puff. Signed Jamie Walker who hadn't kicked a ball in years. Left us with Steven MacLean who's legs went about 4 Yr ago. Aiden Keena who looked like he had won a prize in a raffle and big Uche who couldn't trap a bag of cement. 

The guy left us with the most shambolic Hearts first team ever witnessed because he was ill prepared and frittered away his management by delegating everything to Daly, Macphee and feckin John Murray. 

With hindsight everything you say makes sense (especially not signing a good experienced wide player earlier) although agree to disagree about Halkett. I remember a lot of encouraging noises about that window. Without the hellish luck with injuries I think it was far from the worse. Most of us agreed this team (pre injuries) would be good for the first half of the season at least - Zlamal, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Hickey, Walker, Haring, Clare/Irving, Mulraney/Meshino, Naismith, Washington. Six of those players not being available for extended periods (or ever) kind of screwed us. Just my opinion that the injuries are primarily what's got us in this mess or at least started the slide, as well as the inability of Levein to cope with them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Billybuffjaw
16 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think we're in this position for a number of reasons now, but no one will convince me it was anything other than the horrendous run of injuries to crucial players.

12 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Couldn’t agree more.

He did see Halkett play though when Livi blasted in 5 for no reply against us last season. Halkett also scored in that game. Said at the time Levein should have been gone the next morning for that result alone.  

I agree wholeheartedly with your final sentence.  Things were already bad and that should have been the final straw.

annushorribilis III
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

With hindsight everything you say makes sense (especially not signing a good experienced wide player earlier) although agree to disagree about Halkett. I remember a lot of encouraging noises about that window. Without the hellish luck with injuries I think it was far from the worse. Most of us agreed this team (pre injuries) would be good for the first half of the season at least - Zlamal, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Hickey, Walker, Haring, Clare/Irving, Mulraney/Meshino, Naismith, Washington. Six of those players not being available for extended periods (or ever) kind of screwed us. Just my opinion that the injuries are primarily what's got us in this mess or at least started the slide, as well as the inability of Levein to cope with them.

But when those players have been available, we still don't win. Not even against the worst teams in the league. 

This season & last season. 

In the league cup games.

When it mattered, we didn't even look like winning.

People keep saying , "well, injuries".

Fact is , everyone knows the weaknesses of the squad : no pace , no quality in CM , Berra. 

These weaknesses were never addressed. 

"Injuries"...:facepalm:

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

But when those players have been available, we still don't win. Not even against the worst teams in the league. 

This season & last season. 

In the league cup games.

When it mattered, we didn't even look like winning.

People keep saying , "well, injuries".

Fact is , everyone knows the weaknesses of the squad : no pace , no quality in CM , Berra. 

These weaknesses were never addressed. 

"Injuries"...:facepalm:

Sorry but the injuries are a fact - last season and this. No team could cope with their 5 or 6 best players in key positions all getting injured at once. It affected the team Levein was trying to build and it's already affected the team Stendel tried to put together with Boyce and Sibbick. It'll affect the next Hearts manager if they get the same level of injuries.

Berra's slide surprised all of us but if Halkett and Souttar hadn't been injured it wouldn't have been such a big issue.

Lack of pace, especially wide, has been a bugbear of mine. Washington was signed in part for his pace and running though - also injured. Same with Walker although I've never thought of him as especially fast. We should have signed another winger though. 

As for CM, Haring has quality. Also injured. Whelan has quality - no idea what the deal with him was. We should have done a better job of replacing Djoum though.

annushorribilis III

I can't be arsed any more.

Fair enough, Injuries it is.

Hopefully we won't have so many injury problems in the championship next season.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I can't be arsed any more.

Fair enough, Injuries it is.

Hopefully we won't have so many injury problems in the championship next season.

they’re obviously a major contributing factor.

Do you think we would have almost won the league in 86 without Robbo, Clark, Levein, Jardine and Berry for half the season. Or the cup in 1998

without half the team? 

That said a good manager should have been able to do a better job of building a team with who was left to at least stay in touch with the top 6.

merseyjambo

Fraud, No.

Struggled, yes.

Hearts fans are hurting at this moment in time but let’s be honest here, this rot hasn’t just started with DS. It started the moment IC was sacked and AB allowed CL too much power at the club.

I still maintain that the issues with RN started after the loss to Aberdeen at Tynecastle and the tactics changed. We went from an attacking team to a much more cautious CL type team and it’s where I believe the influence started. 

I feel sorry for DS. He came into a shitshow of a situation with a team hovering above the relegation places. He wanted to play his own brand of football and discovered that the pampered players we had were not fit enough. He’s made mistakes. Keeping JP in goals was one of them. Not understanding the game up here probably the biggest one.

Whether anyone else would have got a reaction from this lot, who knows.

For those criticising his signings, that I think is harsh. It was clear when he was appointed that we had zero budget and he was going to have to wheel and deal to get business done. He was doing that while trying to train a football team. I said it prior to the window that all managers say that January is a difficult window to recruit it. Couple that with the fact we were near foot of table and had zero funds, it made the task much harder. We tried to get Kennedy from Saints but he chose a better prospect in Aberdeen. We got a goal scorer but no one to provide service to him, a midfielder who in his game against Rangers and before he came off against Saints looked like he was the energetic defensive midfielder we needed and has since been ill. The other signings were clearly to help the squad but haven’t worked out. We tried to get a couple of others who’s clubs wouldn’t release them.

Hes still got the previous regime hanging about the club.

The question is now that if the apparent inevitable happens, do we stick or twist. Do we do what the CL supporters wanted and give him a summer transfer window to reshape the squad or do we cut and run and appoint someone who is a more known quantity.

The Mighty Thor

He has so far failed at the job he was brought in to do. 

When we are relegated, he should be sacked. 

Leveins Battalion

Stendel has has more than enough time,he had January to shake up the squad.Adnijaj,Langer,Sibbick

Contributed nothing.

He is as much to blame as our previous numb skull.

Class of 75
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Because he played for a draw and it backfired. I thought he would, it's a problem for us. "We need to stop losing goals" he says, even though from day one he's been all about attacking football. He has the same problems Cathro had, football wise, he's shot himself in the foot. Anyway I guess you could give him the summer to recruit and bring in his guys, he did well at Barnsley. That's what they'll probably do

I still don't think a draw would have been good enough but I see what you mean. He might get the summer but time to part ways I think. 

part_time_jambo

This place is unreal. I suggested at the time that the reason Budge appointed Stendel was because 90 percent of posters on here were desperate for him, and so she could say that he was the supporters choice. Now everyone is blaming Budge for appointing him.

My opinion is that we could go for a Tommy Wright or a Steve Robinson or a Jack ross, steady managers who know their place behind the old firm and who will never challenge them.

Or we take a gamble on someone who does not have that inferiority complex. The last manager who was like that in scotland was Alex Ferguson. Who is to say Stendel isn't  the next one, given time to build his own team? He already has the best record against Rangers of recent managers.

Edited by part_time_jambo
Spelling

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

This post has amused me but it’s bang on the money. No manager on earth can get a tune out if this squad. They’re all frauds. We pump sevco and the vermin away and take 80 mins to have our first shot against st liedown. They don’t know how to fight for their lives and that’s not Daniels fault. 
This squad needs torn up and punted.  Most are not good enough. The championship will give us a chance to re group with a new squad and this campaign will go down in history as the worst squad to ever relegate the Heart of Midlothian. I can’t see any way back from this. If Daniel has any sense he’d use his relegation clause and bail out when the inevitable happens. 

Was too angry to post last night after witnessIng  that horror show 

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Whelan and Periera weren’t on the park tonight. If we had won we had a brilliant chance of staying up either by winning enough games or being off the bottom

if the league is suspended. The signings of Sibbick, Avidjaj and Langer have done more damage than anything. 3/4 of our budget spent on players who either don’t or can’t play for us. Three quality additions to add to Boyce would have made a massive difference. The teams above us in the bottom six are rammed full of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen rejects: Holt, May, Wotherspoon, Craig, Callaghan, Robinson, Bartley etc ... We have the better players, we are just making a monumental arse of it. I don’t think we can stay up now, simply because we cannot perform against any bottom six side. If we had 8 games against Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen we’d have a fighting chance.

Sums it up for me, good post. 

All the teams around us have at least some pace or power up front and the ability to take a chance. Naismith and Boyce are totally immobile and the one who can run can't finish. 

Would any of our strikers score the st mirren goal last night? No chance.

It sounds like DS is admitting some of them are not up for the fight. Seems to me they can fight in big games but shit their pants in a straight forward battle 

Edited by jambopilms

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

All the teams around us have at least some pace or power up front and the ability to take a chance. Naismith and Boyce are totally immobile and the one who can run can't finish. 

Would any of our strikers score the st mirren goal last night? No chance.

It sounds like DS is admitting some of them are not up for the fight. Seems to me they can fight in big games but shit their pants in a straight forward battle 

The pace, power and most importantly experience was cleared out of the squad or dropped. 

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The reason I state those players is because last season we needed a top drawer Centerhalf, Goal keeper and two quality central Mids. 

We got none of them and the players that we signed for those important positions were substandard..

I agree, the signings Stendels made have not helped short term whatsoever. 

Damour and Whelan have both played in the EPL and English Championship, Pereira was 4th choice at Man U and Halkett was regarded as one of the best young players in the Scottish Premiership. On paper it should have been a great window ...

Clerry Jambo
9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If only our support had as big a set of balls as our manager.

Correct mate haven’t read passed your post but he has called out these imposters for basic lack of fight and how they should be delighted to play for our club and with the following we take to games. I hope he stays next season even in the championship and rips up this pish

It should have been ten
18 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Ha ha, very childish posting in this place. Last week a world beater, this week a fraud.  Have some perspecitve ffs.  

Spot on. Absolute arsehole patter on here.

His Hearts career has been a failure and will no doubt be a short career. Everything about the club (except Ann's vanity projects) have been fails.

The Treasurer

Not read the whole thread but, while I don't think Stendel is a fraud, he's not a good manager.

He inherited a pile of shite but it was clear we desperately needed a keeper, CH, winger and a striker.

No keeper or CH was brought in, the winger has made a couple of brief appearances and looked shite.

He brought in one of the best penalty box strikers available and plays him as an attacking midfielder, when he eventually does play him.

When we inevitably lose the comedy first goal, his one and only "tactic" is a primary school "everybody play centre forward" cavalry charge which results in a crowded penalty box but no-one to delivery a decent pass.

He clearly can't inspire the players given that pathetic show last night.

Mid Calder Jambo
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

His Hearts career has been a failure and will no doubt be a short career. Everything about the club (except Ann's vanity projects) have been fails.

Can't disagree.  His first mistake was not winning his first game.  The writing was on the wall after that. 

Any new manager brought in to save the day would have made sure that game was won.  I have to admit that like Cathro i had never heard of him until he was linked with us for the job.  Some research at the time led me to believe that there may be some hope.  The woman obviously thought that by going for the "mark" signing it would save her neck and leave her looking more like the saviour.  Wrong again Ann, goodbye you are the weakest link.

Fraud is a bit harsh. 

He inherited a mess, and the failures that caused it are ludicrously still here. 

The new manager bounce did not happen, though, for whatever reason, and that is a big problem.  

If the DS appointment is anything to go by, the fans should have no say in any footballing matters. McCall, Robinson would have come in bought a couple of hard working professionals and we would be sitting in 8th place.

Whenever we don't go all out attack we don't score goals but still ship embarrasing goals.

I enjoyed the last championship campaign anyway.

David McCaig
46 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not read the whole thread but, while I don't think Stendel is a fraud, he's not a good manager.

He inherited a pile of shite but it was clear we desperately needed a keeper, CH, winger and a striker.

No keeper or CH was brought in, the winger has made a couple of brief appearances and looked shite.

He brought in one of the best penalty box strikers available and plays him as an attacking midfielder, when he eventually does play him.

When we inevitably lose the comedy first goal, his one and only "tactic" is a primary school "everybody play centre forward" cavalry charge which results in a crowded penalty box but no-one to delivery a decent pass.

Very well said.

Bewildering to watch Naismith and Boyce literally running into each other as we play 3 central strikers with zero width... even Moore was playing centrally by the end!!

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If the DS appointment is anything to go by, the fans should have no say in any footballing matters. McCall, Robinson would have come in bought a couple of hard working professionals and we would be sitting in 8th place.

Whenever we don't go all out attack we don't score goals but still ship embarrasing goals.

I enjoyed the last championship campaign anyway.

I still think McCall would fail too. He is a poor manager, and failed with Rangers in the Championship, despite having more money than the rest of the league put together, and the second largest budget in Scotland.  

Robinson, if we were appointing someone already in Scotland, then he would have been my preference. 

If we are relegated I’m in no doubt Stendel will be sacked. Do we wait for another 8 games or do we do it now?

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

And still here mooching about the place as we lurch towards disaster. 
His name on the stand.

Legend. 

9 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

If we are relegated I’m in no doubt Stendel will be sacked. Do we wait for another 8 games or do we do it now?

I’d imagaine there would be a relegation clause, allowing either party to choose to part ways.  

7 hours ago, Five to One said:

Couldn’t agree more.

That’s exactly the moment he should have been shown the door.  All we got was excuses and inaction from the top of the tree.  The board and Mrs Budge in particular are completely culpable in creating the mess that we are in.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Cruyff, you have won a watch Sir!  The blame for this debacle lies fairly and squarely with AB and CL and anyone who thinks this is not the case is a fool! I have no idea whether DS is a good coach or not BUT to judge him on taking over a team that was not only bottom of the league but a team that had been seriously underperforming for the best part of 3 years is total madness. On top of that, he has only had one, historically difficult 'January' transfer window, this despite CL apparently needing 3 or 4 windows to sort us out! We may be (and probably will be) relegated, we need to use this time to get rid of everyone at the club who individually or collectively are responsible for this. I don't think DS is one of them.

11 hours ago, Last Laff said:

5 points off 11th.  There’s no danger you’re a hearts fan.  All you do is come on here and rip fans and supporters every single time.  Have you any footballing contribution ever? 

He's not wrong though. He was the messiah after the wins over the Hun and Hibs  Except iot's not fansin general - it's the zoomers on Kickback..

13 hours ago, alfajambo said:

It looks increasingly like DS was a JKB inspired appointment.

Was AB in the loop before we all lined up and clamoured for the board to hire Daniel?

He was the fans choice, no doubt about that.

Now we are calling for his head.

My preference was for Robbie, not that he wanted it.

Perhaps a student of the Scottish game would have had a greater chance of running a successful show until the seasons end. All things considered.

Now we are in a really big mess.

Tonight, should we stick or should we twist?

Where is the evidence that it looks increasing like a JKB inspired appointment?

As I say, if the club has made an appointment purely based on fan feedback on an internet forum, they deserve everything that is coming to them.

6 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

This place is unreal. I suggested at the time that the reason Budge appointed Stendel was because 90 percent of posters on here were desperate for him, and so she could say that he was the supporters choice. Now everyone is blaming Budge for appointing him.

My opinion is that we could go for a Tommy Wright or a Steve Robinson or a Jack ross, steady managers who know their place behind the old firm and who will never challenge them.

Or we take a gamble on someone who does not have that inferiority complex. The last manager who was like that in scotland was Alex Ferguson. Who is to say Stendel isn't  the next one, given time to build his own team? He already has the best record against Rangers of recent managers.

This may be true, that Budge was looking in here to get a gauge on things regarding the next manager. He was heavily backed on here from the beginning, but it needs a strong leader to make decisions in spite of all the shouting and noise.

This place is unbelievable when it comes to putting names forward for the managers job. For every single name, you will get the usual, he’s pish, his win ratio isn’t good enough, he’s an arsehole, he’s been sacked a few times, he’s never won anything...etc

Hopefully Ann is not picking the next guy, and whoever does, please don’t look in here for guidance.

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Yep, we finished the game playing 3-1-6 last night. 

4 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

Now hopefully

David McCaig
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, we finished the game playing 3-1-6 last night. 

4-1-5 is now the past.

Cant wait for the 1-1-8.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Still got Laurel and Hardy on the thread though with disguised support of Levein.

WheatfieldWarrior
14 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

I would say do it now.

There no way he can keep us up. 

As a manager, you have to work with the players you have, not some star players you might get.

On 11/03/2020 at 22:04, Last Laff said:

Make no doubt about it.  The guys a fraud.  

Levein is a massive massive part of this shit but Stendel hasn’t got a clue and yet is loved by some for no reason at all.  

I'll take your advice and try to "make no doubt about it", but wish me luck because I have no idea what that combination of words actually means.

To me, that suggests your other points are also utter bollocks.

Just read them. They are.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

If kickback shows signs of the virus can it be shutdown?

There are quite a few posters who I think should self isolate permanently

alicante jambo

He was brought in to keep us up. We are not down yet. This is hearts you genuinly do not know what will happen in our next game. We win and it is game on again. We get beat and then if the teams above us get beat we are still in it. We must keep the faith. He keeps us in the league and it could be totally different next season.

2 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

He was brought in to keep us up. We are not down yet. This is hearts you genuinly do not know what will happen in our next game. We win and it is game on again. We get beat and then if the teams above us get beat we are still in it. We must keep the faith. He keeps us in the league and it could be totally different next season.

He's hardly giving us hope for that