The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

13 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The people celebrating the verdict here are doing so because they are Salmond supporters that wanted him let off. They don't care about the wider consequences for abusers escaping criminal liability for gross sexual misconduct. I don't see how any similar case without witnesses or physical signs of abuse can go to court in Me Naw Scotland. Salmond would have been in jail if he'd been a regular nobody (my opinion), but that the verdict has consequences for future cases is surely fact.

He's still facing Scottish Government investigations put on hold for the trial. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• Beast Boy

Roxy Hearts

Give it a rest Unionists ffs! He's not guilty so just move on. A lot of politicians are weirdos, just look at Westminster and the house of Lords. That lot are actually creating policies that harm peoples lives, financially and otherwise. You want to talk about a man who's supposed to have touched hair. You didn't give him any creedance in the first place! He falls into the category of being a man, who let's face it like a wee letch. It happens on here!

Roxy Hearts
13 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The people celebrating the verdict here are doing so because they are Salmond supporters that wanted him let off. They don't care about the wider consequences for abusers escaping criminal liability for gross sexual misconduct. I don't see how any similar case without witnesses or physical signs of abuse can go to court in Me Naw Scotland. Salmond would have been in jail if he'd been a regular nobody (my opinion), but that the verdict has consequences for future cases is surely fact.

You Scotland haters need a word with yourself! 

20 hours ago, argyjambo said:

It''s not the defence''s job to prove innocence, that''s the job of the prosecution. If they can't, then the verdict will be either not guilty or not proven.

My bad! what I should have said was, its not the defences job to prove innocence, its the prosecutions job to prove guilt beyond all reasonable doubt. If they cant, the jury should find the verdict to be not guilty or not proven.

I'm blaming advancing years and semi-isolation.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Has Salmond showed any repentance for his sleazy behavior? He needs to.

I can't remember any politician showing repentance for anything. Trump and BoJo are more popular than ever.

Could be us further down the road to an independent Scotland. Fingers crossed.

jambos are go!
7 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I can't remember any politician showing repentance for anything. Trump and BoJo are more popular than ever.

Could be us further down the road to an independent Scotland. Fingers crossed.

Do you think he should repent?

I haven't seen the poster in question anywhere yet, but I do have an artist's impression of him if that helps anyone in the search.

wheres-wally-aka-waldo-Cardboard-Cutout-

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

I haven't seen the poster in question anywhere yet, but I do have an artist's impression of him if that helps anyone in the search.

:laugh:

11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:rofl:

manaliveits105
18 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Spot on 

unfortunately nothing but a forlorn hope of independence matters to the ayebaws - however would think that the 55% NAW has crept up on the back of that trial and the forthcoming party split will be terminal to indy 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spot on 

unfortunately nothing but a forlorn hope of independence matters to the ayebaws - however would think that the 55% NAW has crept up on the back of that trial and the forthcoming party split will be terminal to indy 

Crybaby GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Get back to celebrating fellow Jambos' chances of death increasing, you absolute riddy

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

WTF you on about ya absolute roaster 

:lol: Gonna deny your "Boris da man" response to my rant about my visa expiring thanks to the Tories' immigration rules, and returning to the States where my chance of exposure to Coronavirus will be orders of magnitude higher?

Post now deleted by the mods, and rightly so, but it's better people know what you're really about. Plus I'd expect nothing less than a denial it ever happened from the Kickback's riddy personified.

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

which followed your abuse of me - give it but cant take it 

Do one 

As a 100% Grade A, purified embarrassment in the flesh, you deserve the dog's abuse you get and as long as you keep coming back for more, get it from me and many others for your incoherent, barely literate nonsense.

You may be the melt of the century, but wish death on you though? Nah. No person with a modicum of class or moral compass would do that.

Since you have neither, you going there is really no surprise.

:greggy:

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Crybaby GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Get back to celebrating fellow Jambos' chances of death increasing, you absolute riddy

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spot on 

Another lot of pish from you.

18 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Rule nothing out. I don't think Sturgeon will be leader in 12 months time 

I'm sure I read she was planning on stepping down in 2021 anyway.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Unionist meltdowns on here have been nothing short of terrific. 😎

They should be embarrassed the way they are behaving.

Weird behaviour,

On 23/03/2020 at 15:37, manaliveits105 said:

The women of Scotland are not happy 

19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Unionist meltdowns on here have been nothing short of terrific. 😎

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Weird behaviour,

Haha yup. Imagine getting so upset by someone using your own words to show you don't actually care a jot about women anywhere, and are simply full of blind hatred for a has-been politician, that you'd post a greggy at the thought he might get sick or die thanks to dumb immigration rules.

:pleasing:

We're not half getting under their skin and showing them up for what they really are, eh? :lol:

Edited by Justin Z

jack D and coke

Manalive he keeps coming back for the hairy side of the hand right to the mush on the regular so I give him some kudos for keeping us amused...unlike his comrade tripper :lol: 
One day he’ll post something that isn’t absolute drivel though. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Manalive he keeps coming back for the hairy side of the hand right to the mush on the regular so I give him some kudos for keeping us amused...unlike his comrade tripper :lol: 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I'm honestly in awe of your level of optimism especially in the midst of this lockdown. :rofl:

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Occasionally I unblock one of his posts to see if it's worth taking him off my block list. To date it has been a resounding "Nah, we're good".

Edited by redjambo

A Boy Named Crow
17 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Weird behaviour,

I've long thought unionists to come across like the Hibs fans of political debate. It's just something about the tone they use, the grasping desperation,  the way they steadfastly hold on to bizarre,  unjustifiable world views, etc...it comes across very Hibsy 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder when the public inquiry into what Sturgeon knew and when she knew it about Salmond's "activities" begins. 

Space Mackerel
48 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I've long thought unionists to come across like the Hibs fans of political debate. It's just something about the tone they use, the grasping desperation,  the way they steadfastly hold on to bizarre,  unjustifiable world views, etc...it comes across very Hibsy 

Very much this. 😁😁😁

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder when the public inquiry into what Sturgeon knew and when she knew it about Salmond's "activities" begins. 

Majority of public haven't been engaged in this so whatever any enquiry throws up, I predict it will have little impact on the outcome of the next Scottish election. Sturgeon in my view will still find her way through this and will continue to be FM. Her popularity seems to be increasing with her handling of this crisis. Besides, there isn't another leader in Scotland worth considering for FM.

Edited by jambogaza

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

:lol:

The Old Tolbooth
20 hours ago, redjambo said:

🤣🤣🤣

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Majority of public haven't been engaged in this so whatever any enquiry throws up, I predict it will have little impact on the outcome of the next Scottish election. Sturgeon in my view will still find her way through this and will continue to be FM. Her popularity seems to be increasing with her handling of this crisis. Besides, there isn't another leader in Scotland worth considering for FM.

That must be a PR job & a half then because she's not really handling it that well. Key worker strategy. She passed that straight to local councils which has created confusion. Insisting on differentiation with regard to the Chancellors ballot package. The tourism industry here is asking why in the rest of the UK aid will be made to self caterers but not here in Scotland. Why the insistence of giving Catherine Calderwood, a gynaecologist with zero scientific background, parity with Whitty and Vallance. She's now talking of having a rival advisory group to give bespoke advice to Scotland but then to ignore Sir Hugh Pennington a world leading epidemiologist (of course he's been critical of the SNP). So I'll respectfully disagree with you regarding her handling of this. 

42 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That must be a PR job & a half then because she's not really handling it that well. Key worker strategy. She passed that straight to local councils which has created confusion. Insisting on differentiation with regard to the Chancellors ballot package. The tourism industry here is asking why in the rest of the UK aid will be made to self caterers but not here in Scotland. Why the insistence of giving Catherine Calderwood, a gynaecologist with zero scientific background, parity with Whitty and Vallance. She's now talking of having a rival advisory group to give bespoke advice to Scotland but then to ignore Sir Hugh Pennington a world leading epidemiologist (of course he's been critical of the SNP). So I'll respectfully disagree with you regarding her handling of this. 

There's a surprise! 

Maybe they should just group hug each other like the UK cabinet. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

There's a surprise! 

Maybe they should just group hug each other like the UK cabinet. 

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

not to mention our stockpile of thousands of face masks  which went out of date last year and had to be tested this week to see if they were still were effective 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Very petty. 

Even the daily express had an article praising her.

Roxy Hearts
4 hours ago, jambogaza said:

My wife and her friends were discussing Nicola Sturgeon on that Zoom app and  said she's going a good job. They're not SNP lovers! 

1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

Very petty. 

Even the daily express had an article praising her.

giphy.gif

:lol: Right?