The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Interesting read. 
It’s certainly got some distance to go too. 

There has been murmurings about these soft Independence supporters at the top for over a year. 
I can smell a bloodbath happening at the top of the SNP and the real supporters getting their way when all is revealed. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• The Real Maroonblood

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You say you accept he is innocent, and then you keep falling back on the fact that it went to trial, as though that should have been enough to assume he was guilty. 

See if I was one of you furious unionists who are seething at the verdict for political reasons, I’d be going down the splits in the SNP route, instead of this pathetic attempt to make muck stick.

I actually think Salmond will do a fair old bit of damage by attempting to return to politics with the SNP and unfortunately there are those who will back him and turn on Sturgeon.

It would do any damage to the independence movement, but it will be damaging to the SNP I reckon.

Honestly,  I'm really not furious.  He's been found not guilty and if he isn't guilty that's the right outcome. I said to a few friends before this went to trial that if charges were thrown out it poses questions and a potential credibility issue for Police and CPS. I think that is very much the case 

Salmond has got an almost unparalleled ego. He will be thirsting for vengeance after the events of the past couple of years. Sturgeon has questions to answer around what she was told and when in respect of the allegations 

This will be a problem for Murrells.  There is clearly problems between Sturgeon and Salmond, perhaps irreparable problems. She also has the whole Derek Mackay issue to deal with at some point once he reappears from a camping trip with Lord Lucan 

There is also the small matter of over £100M of Scottish tax payers money lying rusting in the Clyde at Port Glasgow. Another utter fiasco 

Salmond will resurface at the earliest opportunity.  Posturing has already begun with his acolytes 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Honestly,  I'm really not furious.  He's been found not guilty and if he isn't guilty that's the right outcome. I said to a few friends before this went to trial that if charges were thrown out it poses questions and a potential credibility issue for Police and CPS. I think that is very much the case 

Salmond has got an almost unparalleled ego. He will be thirsting for vengeance after the events of the past couple of years. Sturgeon has questions to answer around what she was told and when in respect of the allegations 

This will be a problem for Murrells.  There is clearly problems between Sturgeon and Salmond, perhaps irreparable problems. She also has the whole Derek Mackay issue to deal with at some point once he reappears from a camping trip with Lord Lucan 

There is also the small matter of over £100M of Scottish tax payers money lying rusting in the Clyde at Port Glasgow. Another utter fiasco 

Salmond will resurface at the earliest opportunity.  Posturing has already begun with his acolytes 

Why don’t you read the link to the Craig Murray blog a few posts up and get yourself up to speed. There is also this below. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Stuff like that makes me laugh tbh. I’m not excusing it incidentally but youd think nothing ever gets wasted by the British government. It’s like you just turn a blind eye or completely ignore it ever happens. 
This bridge to Ireland wind up is one recently that springs to mind which is basically just an excuse to pay out millions of tax payers money to government “friends” who do these

kinds of studies to look into something that is a complete and utter load of nonsense and will never happen. 
Johnson done the same with his bridge in London. Nothing to see though. 
Now what are those SNP buggers up to. 

On 27/03/2020 at 15:22, manaliveits105 said:

Spot on 

unfortunately nothing but a forlorn hope of independence matters to the ayebaws - however would think that the 55% NAW has crept up on the back of that trial and the forthcoming party split will be terminal to indy 

Sorry, I thought the law took a good look at this and decided that he wasnt guilty? Might be a sleaze granted but thats not against the law as yet.

Seems some union jack flying submissive types are greeting because their last hurrah against the SNP has went down the shitter along with their sense of dignity.

East Lothian Jambo
7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Why don’t you read the link to the Craig Murray blog a few posts up and get yourself up to speed. There is also this below. 

FFS 

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Stuff like that makes me laugh tbh. I’m not excusing it incidentally but youd think nothing ever gets wasted by the British government. It’s like you just turn a blind eye or completely ignore it ever happens. 
This bridge to Ireland wind up is one recently that springs to mind which is basically just an excuse to pay out millions of tax payers money to government “friends” who do these

kinds of studies to look into something that is a complete and utter load of nonsense and will never happen. 
Johnson done the same with his bridge in London. Nothing to see though. 
Now what are those SNP buggers up to. 

Two vessels are lying rusting in the Clyde mate. Over £100M down the shitter 

You've then got this imposter who was masquerading as a Finance Minister texting a 16 year old schoolboy whilst on official Scottish Government business at Ferguson Shipyard!!!

Let's talk about Boris though eh. Move along, move along. Nothing to see here...

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, flecktimus said:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/03/jaccuse-2/

Quite a long read, little eye opener as far as the Westminster 4 are concerned.

So this is what some of us have known for almost a year now. It's pretty devastating. And it's the truth.

Interesting stuff - pretty alarming.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You've then got this imposter who was masquerading as a Finance Minister texting a 16 year old schoolboy whilst on official Scottish Government business at Ferguson Shipyard!!!

Let's talk about Boris though eh. Move along, move along. Nothing to see here...

Very off topic, like your post, but How much is HS2 over budget? And then there’s Crossrail...

HS2...

We are going to build a high speed rail connection between major UK cities, from London to Edinburgh, stopping in Birmingham, Manchester and Newcastle along the way...

Oops, we can’t afford that...

We are going to build a high speed rail connection between London and Newcastle...

Oops we cant afford that...

We are going to build a high speed rail connection between London and Manchester...

Oops, we can’t afford that either...

We are going to build a high speed rail link between London and Birmingham...

Oops...

****ing laughable. Scottish taxes going to it too, as they did for Wembley and other projects that we will get zero benefit from. :lol:

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, flecktimus said:

So this is what some of us have known for almost a year now. It's pretty devastating. And it's the truth.

Glad you shared that link. I had seen it earlier on Facebook and was going to share it on here too. Very interesting read from someone who certainly knows how the Civil Service operates (or should operate)!

Ehllhayapeh
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There are those out there who think people’s desire for independence lives or dies with the SNP. They think that it’s a political decision based on their love of the SNP and that they only want independence because the SNP want it. It’s actually quite ridiculous when you think about it. 🤣

It kind of does though. SNP are the vehicle for independence to happen. They have always been a broad church of folk with a set agenda. Ive no doubt on independence we would see new parties form and I doubt the SNP in current form would see out the first Scottish general election.

Unless another party comes along, wins the trust of people to govern then maybe. But theres no guarantee that will happen. There is more to the indy movement than the SNP but the SNP are the only show in town as a vehicle for getting indy done.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You’ll maybe notice I said “not excusing it” 

The length you all go to try make mountains out of things here whilst closing your eyes elsewhere I find pretty strange tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

It kind of does though. SNP are the vehicle for independence to happen. They have always been a broad church of folk with a set agenda. Ive no doubt on independence we would see new parties form and I doubt the SNP in current form would see out the first Scottish general election.

Unless another party comes along, wins the trust of people to govern then maybe. But theres no guarantee that will happen. There is more to the indy movement than the SNP but the SNP are the only show in town as a vehicle for getting indy done.

Absolutely spot on.

I'd go a step further and say Sturgeon is the best hope in terms of reaching out and gaining trust. I think she will manage to make her way past some of the mad ultras currently going mental on social media.

Trapper John McIntyre
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Totally absurd Not Proven verdict on the attempted rape wasn't it. The woman was violated by Salmond but nobody cares because.. well it's oor Eck n that. 

JKB is bad, but Twitter and Facebook are cesspools of mysogony and women hate about this right now. Unbelievable in the #metoo era. Unbelievable in any era.

That's Scotland. Well, half of it anyway. The sick half.

Trapper John McIntyre
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Acquitted on a majority verdict on a majority female jury with a Not Proven,  and stop belittling the woman's ordeal. You have zero verifiable proof she wasn't there. 

Have any of these people heard of the OJ Simpson trial?

Juries get it wrong all the time. How do we know 15 SNP sympathisers weren't sitting on the jury? Whats the truth about the two jurors who left?

It stinks alright. There's a smell on it.

1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

JKB is bad, but Twitter and Facebook are cesspools of mysogony and women hate about this right now. Unbelievable in the #metoo era. Unbelievable in any era.

At least his own QC knows what a scumbag he is even if they (and most of the jury) don't.  

Trapper John McIntyre
30 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Glad you shared that link. I had seen it earlier on Facebook and was going to share it on here too. Very interesting read from someone who certainly knows how the Civil Service operates (or should operate)!

He got kicked out the diplomatic corps as he is a nutcase.

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, JackLadd said:

At least his own QC knows what a scumbag he is even if they (and most of the jury) don't.  

He's probably used to dealing with scumbags.

The latest one just has more chins.

33 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

If so many people have the desire for something, then you can be sure there will be prospective candidates looking to attract those voters. As long as those who want independence have parties who are aligned with that, then they will get votes, regardless of most other issues. Even if the SNP split in two and another party emerged, they would argue and disagree on some policies, but when it came to independence, they would be aligned. As would the greens. The independence movement is bigger than the SNP.

3 hours ago, flecktimus said:

Craig Murray is wrong about a lot of things. But his excellent description of the key day of defence evidence (not Salmond) below which is within the above link shows very well why the jury made their decisions so quickly. 

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/03/your-man-finally-in-the-public-gallery-the-alex-salmond-trial-day-8/

Ehllhayapeh
2 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Juries get it wrong all the time. How do we know 15 SNP sympathisers weren't sitting on the jury? Whats the truth about the two jurors who left?

Salmond said theres more evidence to come, that he was not able to use in court and that this information would see the light of day after covid 19 etc has been sorted out. Theres alot about the trial that stinks. The first part is the selective use of information by the main stream media, if you believe alternative media sources. The second is that because he was found not guilty and not proven that this means the verdict is a mistake (on one extreme) or that the women were making the whole thing up (the other extreme).

The facts are, the man was found not guilty and on one count, not proven. On that basis in the eyes of the law he is innocent. He also won a civil suit in relation to this case. The only people who truly know the truth are him and the women concerned. Court cases are not about the truth though, there about which story seems more plausible.

It will be interesting to see what comes out that he will release in due course. Also at least two counts allegedly happened in front of others, including one that was in front of the husband of the accuser. Yet neither the husband nor the driver corroborated the story of the alleged victim.

The law says hes not guilty. All you can do is hope justice prevailed.

I bet the slobbering brute was under the influence during most of the incidents, not that that's any excuse. He's finished anyway, although it would damage the SNP if he came back and they know it. 

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Acquitted on a majority verdict on a majority female jury with a Not Proven,  and stop belittling the woman's ordeal. You have zero verifiable proof she wasn't there. 

The defence said she wasn’t there. The man was acquitted. You don’t know if she was there so what is the difference? I’m not belittling anything. The trial happened. The evidence was incredibly flimsy and rightly binned. 

26 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

This post certainly fits perfectly with your pattern of seeing what you want to see.

Sick indeed, just not what you're thinking.

30 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

In any fact-finding scenario, legal-based or otherwise, the burden of proof is never on someone to prove a negative. So whether anyone has verifiable proof she wasn't there couldn't matter any less, no matter how much you want it to.

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

27 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

26 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

He got kicked out the diplomatic corps as he is a nutcase.

25 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac0d003e14bf0b34cf3

Trapper John McIntyre
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Murray is wrong about a lot of things. But his excellent description of the key day of defence evidence (not Salmond) below which is within the above link shows very well why the jury made their decisions so quickly. 

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/03/your-man-finally-in-the-public-gallery-the-alex-salmond-trial-day-8/

Wasn't Murray banned from the courtroom throughout the trial?

Trapper John McIntyre
15 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Salmond said theres more evidence to come, that he was not able to use in court and that this information would see the light of day after covid 19 etc has been sorted out. Theres alot about the trial that stinks. The first part is the selective use of information by the main stream media, if you believe alternative media sources. The second is that because he was found not guilty and not proven that this means the verdict is a mistake (on one extreme) or that the women were making the whole thing up (the other extreme).

The facts are, the man was found not guilty and on one count, not proven. On that basis in the eyes of the law he is innocent. He also won a civil suit in relation to this case. The only people who truly know the truth are him and the women concerned. Court cases are not about the truth though, there about which story seems more plausible.

It will be interesting to see what comes out that he will release in due course. Also at least two counts allegedly happened in front of others, including one that was in front of the husband of the accuser. Yet neither the husband nor the driver corroborated the story of the alleged victim.

The law says hes not guilty. All you can do is hope justice prevailed.

OJ was found 'innocent' too. The law said he was 'not guilty.'

Wasn't Murray banned from the courtroom throughout the trial?

Yes. It stinks alright. There's a smell on it.

See how easy that is?

Trapper John McIntyre
15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I bet the slobbering brute was under the influence during most of the incidents, not that that's any excuse. He's finished anyway, although it would damage the SNP if he came back and they know it. 

As I said , in a normal country he would now be shunned. This is not a normal country any longer.

Unknown user
Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

OJ was found 'innocent' too. The law said he was 'not guilty.'

Salmond is officially not guilty and all the snidey arrows in the world from butthurt unionists won't change that. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Salmond is officially not guilty and all the snidey arrows in the world from butthurt unionists won't change that. 

Much less the most poorly considered ones :lol:

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Very off topic, like your post, but How much is HS2 over budget? And then there’s Crossrail...

They're not lying around rusting to feck are they?

Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh trams anyone?

The difference is a UK government is able to bail out the country right now. Scotlands ''government' can't even get a big hospital in Edinburgh open during the worst public health crisis in living memory. They decide to  put up an over promoted  F____Y doctor as health spokeswoman while  one of the worlds leading experts, Hugh Pennington is shunned because he isn't SNP minded.

Abysmal stuff.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's just they are all as thick as shit and don't get it.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

They're not lying around rusting to feck are they?

Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh trams anyone?

The difference is a UK government is able to bail out the country right now. Scotlands ''government' can't even get a big hospital in Edinburgh open during the worst public health crisis in living memory. They decide to  put up an over promoted  F____Y doctor as health spokeswoman while  one of the worlds leading experts, Hugh Pennington is shunned because he isn't SNP minded.

Abysmal stuff.

We could be here all night listing over budget and/or failed projects and then you go changing the subject...again. 

Doesn’t make Alex Salmond any less innocent in the eyes of the law. 

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Finally the impotent rage and snot bubbles I wanted to see :lol:

:rofl:

Trapper John McIntyre
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We could be here all night listing over budget and/or failed projects and then you go changing the subject...again. 

Tell me something Dave, are you on cash payments for trawling through threads fighting imaginary fires? Or do you just do it for the love?

davemclaren

Tell me something Dave, are you on cash payments for trawling through threads fighting imaginary fires? Or do you just do it for the love?

Love of what?

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed.

Thread needs closed.

So many issues being conflated here and as I said earlier, borderline libellous content.

davemclaren
Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You tell me.

If neither of us know then it probably isn’t that then. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If you hold your phone close to your cheek you can actually feel the heat of Trapper’s impotent fury. I’m using it to heat the living room as we speak.

jack D and coke
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

If you hold your phone close to your cheek you can actually feel the heat of Trapper’s impotent fury. I’m using it to heat the living room as we speak.

:rofl: