The Trial of Alex Salmond

Trapper John McIntyre

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Is that what it looks like 

There are serious questions about conduct of Salmond. If he's not guilty he's not guilty and justice has prevailed 

Let's not detract from his general conduct however. He's an odious sneering cretin, and perhaps even worse. His own QC has cast doubt upon his character 

He'll retain his Father of the nation status in the eyes of many 

Big bad Unionists seeking to bring down poor old Eck. I suspect in reality those who had issue with him was much much closer to those of which he shares political allegiance 

A bit hibs this post too. Why can’t you just accept the verdict and forget about it? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• The Real Maroonblood

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

See that just makes you sound exactly like those I was describing. You appear angry that he was found innocent of the criminal charges. It’s really really weird.

The thread was about his criminal charges, so discussing his ‘sleaziness’ is actually detracting from the topic, rather than the other way around.

I’ve barely read any posts from SNP and Indy supporters claiming his behaviour is okay. Almost to a poster they think he’s a creep because of it. 

The unionists on the other hand are all pretending like he was found guilty. As I said, it’s just odd.

This.

Space Mackerel
16 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

To all the lovely Natcases looking for me, I'm back.

(admin delete)

Anything happen in my absence?

Morning John, hows was your self imposed weeks isolation from JKB? 

1ECDD6EF-8E86-4503-8AB6-3C5811572E3A.jpeg

East Lothian Jambo
41 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

See that just makes you sound exactly like those I was describing. You appear angry that he was found innocent of the criminal charges. It’s really really weird.

The thread was about his criminal charges, so discussing his ‘sleaziness’ is actually detracting from the topic, rather than the other way around.

I’ve barely read any posts from SNP and Indy supporters claiming his behaviour is okay. Almost to a poster they think he’s a creep because of it. 

The unionists on the other hand are all pretending like he was found guilty. As I said, it’s just odd.

I'm not angry at all. Sorry if that's not really really odd or really really weird 

He has been found innocent.  I accept that. I suspected that would be the outcome all along 

I do however believe in reality he is rather more than a "creep" 

I appreciate the nationalists aren't comfortable with any denouncing of the Fuhrer figure 

27 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I'm not angry at all. Sorry if that's not really really odd or really really weird 

He has been found innocent.  I accept that. I suspected that would be the outcome all along 

I appreciate the nationalists aren't comfortable with any denouncing of the Fuhrer figure 

Spencer, read what I posted and digest it. I and no other independence supporters that I can recall on here are suggesting he isn’t a bit sleazy and creepy. Everyone is accepting that to be the case. He is being denounced. You are howling at the moon as though people are behaving differently to how they are... it’s all in your own head. :lol:

The unionists on the other hand are suggesting he’s guilty of criminal behaviour.

Space Mackerel
31 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Ever tried to fire into a bird and got a KB pal? 

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Is that what it looks like 

There are serious questions about conduct of Salmond. If he's not guilty he's not guilty and justice has prevailed 

Let's not detract from his general conduct however. He's an odious sneering cretin, and perhaps even worse. His own QC has cast doubt upon his character 

He'll retain his Father of the nation status in the eyes of many 

Big bad Unionists seeking to bring down poor old Eck. I suspect in reality those who had issue with him was much much closer to those of which he shares political allegiance 

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

In any normal country, Salmond would disappear with his 5 pensions and that would be the last of him.

Scotland is not normal.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

East Lothian Jambo
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Spencer, read what I posted and digest it. I and no other independence supporters that I can recall on here are suggesting he isn’t a bit sleazy and creepy. Everyone is accepting that to be the case. He is being denounced. You are howling at the moon as though people are behaving differently to how they are... it’s all in your own head. :lol:

The unionists on the other hand are suggesting he’s guilty of criminal behaviour.

Spencer?? What are you on about? 

Imagine the scenario if one or more or his accusers were members of SNP, perhaps even prominent. What would that have to do with Unionists? 

No moonhowling taking place here my friend 

East Lothian Jambo
6 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

We are talking about allegations of attempt to rape here. Allegations that were deemed sufficiently serious to go to trial 

I think your remarks are crass. Judging by some of the content of your other posts I'm not surprised 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

We are talking about allegations of attempt to rape here. Allegations that were deemed sufficiently serious to go to trial 

I think your remarks are crass. Judging by some of the content of your other posts I'm not surprised 

Unbelievable stuff from the Spunk Monkey.

No. Not unbelievable. Just the usual.

Space Mackerel
13 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Yet again, he was cleared of these allegations. Why are you persisting that he is guilty? 

You should be careful what you post on social media, you’re in danger of finding yourself in the dock next. 

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Yet again, he was cleared of these allegations. Why are you persisting that he is guilty? 

You should be careful what you post on social media, you’re in danger of finding yourself in the dock next. 

You appeared to make light of the allegations made. I think you're aware that's what you did 

I accept he's been found innocent.  How many times do I need to state that 

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Unbelievable stuff from the Spunk Monkey.

No. Not unbelievable. Just the usual.

Morning John, did your wee world deflate after the verdict? 

Space Mackerel

You appeared to make light of the allegations made. I think you're aware that's what you did 

I accept he's been found innocent.  How many times do I need to state that 

Where anywhere on this thread have I done that? I’ve ribbed all the Unionists who were clapping their hands in glee at this trial for months and months. 

Your posts here are purely politically driven. 

Trapper John McIntyre
16 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It's not a crime unless somebody else sees you do it though. Per that majority verdict anyway.

Only in SNP Scotland could this have happened.

East Lothian Jambo
30 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

This crass post 

I do very much hope these women haven't been let down 

Space Mackerel

This crass post 

I do very much hope these women haven't been let down 

Did you see some the charges? Touching a knee is sexual assault now?

East Lothian Jambo
10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did you see some the charges? Touching a knee is sexual assault now?

Look, the allegations were serious. Sufficiently serious for Police Scotland and CPS to believe allegations should be heard in Court under Trial 

You've twice now made comments which appear to make light and possibly even mock those he was alleged to have attacked 

You're evidently a rabid nationalist.  Nationalism is something that cant be reasoned with. You illustrate that 

Discussion over 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Space Mackerel

Look, the allegations were serious. Sufficiently serious for Police Scotland and CPS to believe allegations should be heard in Court under Trial 

You've twice now made comments which appear to make light and possible even mock those he allegedly attacked 

You're evidently a rabid nationalist.  Nationalism is something that cant be reasoned with. You illustrate that 

Discussion over 

He was found not guilty. Maybe you can look forward to the evidence AS is going to release after this pandemic is over.

Quite a lot of us know whats actually really going on behind the scenes.

6 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You've twice now made comments which appear to make light and possible even mock those he was alleged to have attacked AND SUBSEQUENTLY FOUND OUT NOT TO HAVE. 

Discussion over 

FTFY

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

He was found not guilty. Maybe you can look forward to the evidence AS is going to release after this pandemic is over.

Quite a lot of us know whats actually really going on behind the scenes.

The floor is yours.....

Fire away 

Space Mackerel

The floor is yours.....

Fire away 

Discussions over. You can find out yourself if you follow the right indy and SNP supporters on Twitter.

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

FTFY

Indeed. But I think to seek to mock those who accused him is beneath contempt 

Touching any female in a manner which is unwanted, intrusive, inappropriate or could make them uncomfortable is simply unacceptable.  Particularly in the work place 

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Discussions over. You can find out yourself if you follow the right indy and SNP supporters on Twitter.

You said YOU knew what was going on behind the scenes 

Utter slavering shite 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You said YOU knew what was going on behind the scenes 

Utter slavering shite 

I do know, you don't.

Lets wait till this pandemic is over and see if I'm right.

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I do know, you don't.

Lets wait till this pandemic is over and see if I'm right.

😂

17 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

Alex Salmond - Daily Record

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

A bit hibs this post too. Why can’t you just accept the verdict and forget about it? 

Yep. Very Hibernian. 🤔

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Morning John, hows was your self imposed weeks isolation from JKB? 

1ECDD6EF-8E86-4503-8AB6-3C5811572E3A.jpeg

:glorious:

58 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

A bully and a sex pest. Alex Trump.

giphy.gif

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Regardless of him being cleared, it seems reasonable to discuss his conduct.

A new thread for that would be more appropriate.

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Regardless of him being cleared, it seems reasonable to discuss his conduct.

What is your thoughts on Emily Maitlis?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

What is your thoughts on Emily Maitlis?

I’d ride her like Seabiscuit.

Give that comment to the press when I’m the figurehead of a movement campaigning for a country to be independent.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A member of the public? Who tf would know who he was. 

Who would know the most senior advocate in Scotland, a former MSP, and the advocate for the former First Minister, whose trial was in the news every day?

A fair few folk?

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’d ride her like Seabiscuit.

Give that comment to the press when I’m the figurehead of a movement campaigning for a country to be independent.

You actually said Red Rum, yet more evidence that evidence given in court could be fabricated. :)

image.png.d89342d8622a3cfcb90a5389c958cee0.png

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You actually said Red Rum, yet more evidence that evidence given in court could be fabricated. :)

image.png.d89342d8622a3cfcb90a5389c958cee0.png

He had more stamina then, simples

I have to say, this thread is now becoming borderline libellous.

He was found not guilty on all but one charge, which was not proven. The trial is over.

Discussions about him, his character and politics belongs in another thread. This should be closed IMO.

You've twice now made comments which appear to make light and possibly even mock those he was alleged to have attacked 

Discussion over 

You say you accept he is innocent, and then you keep falling back on the fact that it went to trial, as though that should have been enough to assume he was guilty. 

See if I was one of you furious unionists who are seething at the verdict for political reasons, I’d be going down the splits in the SNP route, instead of this pathetic attempt to make muck stick.

I actually think Salmond will do a fair old bit of damage by attempting to return to politics with the SNP and unfortunately there are those who will back him and turn on Sturgeon.

It would do any damage to the independence movement, but it will be damaging to the SNP I reckon.

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

He was found not guilty on all but one charge, which was not proven. The trial is over.

Discussions about him, his character and politics belongs in another thread. This should be closed IMO.

Some folk just can’t and won’t accept it, still want their own pound of flesh.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You say you accept he is innocent, and then you keep falling back on the fact that it went to trial, as though that should have been enough to assume he was guilty. 

See if I was one of you furious unionists who are seething at the verdict for political reasons, I’d be going down the splits in the SNP route, instead of this pathetic attempt to make muck stick.

I actually think Salmond will do a fair old bit of damage by attempting to return to politics with the SNP and unfortunately there are those who will back him and turn on Sturgeon.

It would do any damage to the independence movement, but it will be damaging to the SNP I reckon.

Glad someone gets it too 👍

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Glad someone gets it too 👍

There are those out there who think people’s desire for independence lives or dies with the SNP. They think that it’s a political decision based on their love of the SNP and that they only want independence because the SNP want it. It’s actually quite ridiculous when you think about it. 🤣

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Totally agree.

Can’t understand why it hasn’t been closed.

There have been thread closed for less.

coconut doug

There was only one allegation of attempted rape as far as i remember. The basis of the decision to take this to trial will i think reflect badly on the procurator fiscal service as it will with most or maybe all of the other charges. 

The attempted rape allegation was easily countered with the defence clearly demonstrating with the use of witness testimony that the accuser was not in Bute house for the event she claimed to have attended at the time the attempted rape was alleged to have taken place. Salmond had no case to answer since she wasn't there at the time she said she was there. 

How does that reflect badly on Salmond?

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There are those out there who think people’s desire for independence lives or dies with the SNP. They think that it’s a political decision based on their love of the SNP and that they only want independence because the SNP want it. It’s actually quite ridiculous when you think about it. 🤣

Quite. Their grasp on political reality is miles off.

But thats what happens when you succumb to the online Bilbe's of Effie Deans and Historywifie.

Malinga the Swinga

I don't like the SNP, I don't particularly like Alex Salmond. He was found not guilty on majority of I charges and not proven on other. Like it or lump it, he is innocent. End of discussion.

jack D and coke
46 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/03/jaccuse-2/

Quite a long read, little eye opener as far as the Westminster 4 are concerned.

So this is what some of us have known for almost a year now. It's pretty devastating. And it's the truth.

Interesting read. 
It’s certainly got some distance to go too.