Uche

Greedy Jambo

8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Exactly - but NOT to moan about it on social media, OR the mainstream media (this only adds fuel to the rumours about where the 'squad unrest' stories in the Sun came from). 

Well maybe you should, if it undermines squad harmony, and therefore team performance. You say you're angry at being bottom of the table? We all are. But the way to fix that is by all pulling together, not whinging. I like Uche, but it's in the team's best interests - and his own best interests - for him to concentrate on the consistency of his performances, rather than going public with his personal hurt. If he carries on like this, it won't endear him to any manager and the prospect of getting further chances becomes more remote.

You can stick squad harmony where the sun doesn't shine if they don't perform on the pitch every week, I want to see fights, anger and mutiny.

That's also the managers opinion as well btw. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bull's-eye

• been here before

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

You can stick squad harmony where the sun doesn't shine if they don't perform on the pitch every week, I want to see fights, anger and mutiny.

That's also the managers opinion as well btw. 

So you don't think performance on the pitch is helped by squad harmony? Novel approach.

And in-fighting, anger and mutiny will help performances?

I think you're mistaken if you reckon Daniel Stendel shares this opinion. The manager wants mutiny? Hmm.

Deans Jambo

This season's stats;

Games won with Uche = 17%

Games won without Uche = 50%

That said he played a big part in the last win down there and has 2/2 (goals) at Easter rd.

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, His name is said:

Big uche spat the dummy? 

Maybe found out he's not in the squad tonight? 

Screenshot_20200303-100715.png

The absolute state of that. An adult actually sharing it, like they're some kind of deep thinker.

Enjoy the Vanarama National League next season, Uche.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

In what way? Not a trick question. Interested to see what you think Uche does that Washington can't.

score at Easter Road

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The absolute state of that. An adult actually sharing it, like they're some kind of deep thinker.

All these are taken from London Underground notice boards.

Deep philosophy right there.

OmiyaHearts
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

It's such a great quote, the author remains 'untitled'.😄

11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's the pishiest of pishiest pish. Regardless off the circumstances, inspirational quotes are baws.

frankly thing the big man has been wasted by being played up top alone under Levein with balls being punted at him.  He is that massive he cant really jump but actually pretty decent with the ball at his feet. Can definitely be a good player to come in tonight once the game is stretched and cause hibs problems. 

Calebs Grandad

Comparison is a bit far fetched I admit but shame he isn’t more like Troy Deeney and just constantly bullies defenses and gets right in opponents faces. Uche seems handicapped by his size at times but given he has found the net in important games it’s a pity he isn’t of more use to us. 

Calebs Grandad
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Much preferred the days of bikini ones pre Khan

Neither he or Washington are goal machines but Washington, playing the way Stendel wants to is more valuable to the team.  Not a huge fan of either TBH. Feel Washington lacked a bit of heart Saturday, possibly as just coming back from his hamstring injury. Brings more than Uche tho IMO

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

score at Easter Road

Washington hasn't played at Easter Road, has he?

Don't think he's played Hibs at all.

In game time he's played the equivalent of 6.5 league matches.

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Uche will be playing in England next year, and we'll have got decent money for him.

His fate was uncertain when Levein left. It was sealed at St. Johnstone under Stendel.

How much we realistically going to get for a striker who can’t score goals ?

If it’s anything over £50k I’ll be amazed.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's England. It matters not. We'll get 250k easy for him. He's got two years left in his contract. 

Some team's don't actually sign strikers for purely goal-scoring. 

Look at us...

Teams in England didn’t appear quick to stump up that amount for Liam Boyce....it would be a minor miracle to be offered anywhere near that for Uchegram.

Rogue Daddy
3 hours ago, His name is said:

Big uche spat the dummy? 

Maybe found out he's not in the squad tonight? 

Screenshot_20200303-100715.png

...could be directed at Stendel

... or could be directed at JKB and the likes?

I like the big man - gives everything, just wish he had a few more goals about him.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Hard to believe he was ever in an academy system or that Watford paid £1 million for him. He's terrible. 

Poor man's MdV. 

Watford paid a million for who? Uche? That doesn't sound right.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Watford paid a million for who? Uche? That doesn't sound right.

He signed for Watford from Reading youths. Watford were obliged to pay compensation. For an 18 year old Uche I doubt the sum was anywhere near £1m.

annushorribilis III
13 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

He signed for Watford from Reading youths. Watford were obliged to pay compensation. For an 18 year old Uche I doubt the sum was anywhere near £1m.

Let's not get deflected from the main point of this thread - he's crap. 

1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

This season's stats;

Games won with Uche = 17%

Games won without Uche = 50%

I'd be interested to know how you worked these figures out.

We surely have not won 50% of our games played without Uche, have we? 

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He scares the shit out of the Hibs defence though.

this. 
however his childish post on Instagram will likely signal the end of his hearts career I’d think

Deans Jambo
7 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I'd be interested to know how you worked these figures out.

We surely have not won 50% of our games played without Uche, have we? 

Taken from London Hearts website.

According to that 4 games played without Uche this season,  we've won 2. (that he's not featured at all, up until Falkirk cup game)

Edited by Deans Jambo

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I take it no one paid a million for him then? Not trying to get caught up in it, I'm only asking because you said, I'm sure I would remember that if it was right enough.

alwaysthereinspirit
24 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He's not crap. He's not good but he's not crap.

annushorribilis III
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I take it no one paid a million for him then? Not trying to get caught up in it, I'm only asking because you said, I'm sure I would remember that if it was right enough.

I checked after your comments.I don't recall where I saw the £1 million figure but having searched  it all I can find is a comment from Uche himself saying  he believes Watford paid £300K for him. 

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He's not crap. He's not good but he's not crap.

It's all about opinions, of course.

He was absolutely terrible against Hamilton, but by no means alone in that.

I do think that he is a good chaos option from the bench as he can overpower every defender in the league.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I checked after your comments.I don't recall where I saw the £1 million figure but having searched  it all I can find is a comment from Uche himself saying  he believes Watford paid £300K for him. 

:thumbsup:

CloustonHMFC

Uche is murder. He’s a good guy but he’s just not good enough. Spends too much time on the ground or fouling other players, his shooting is erratic and he doesn’t look when he’s playing the ball into the box. He’s not going to help us stay up and for that, I won’t lose any sleep over him not being involved. He’ll be away in the summer. 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Uche will be playing in England next year, and we'll have got decent money for him.

His fate was uncertain when Levein left. It was sealed at St. Johnstone under Stendel.

He wanted out in January and had clubs after him but none of them would pay the fee we wanted. 

10 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Uche is murder. He’s a good guy but he’s just not good enough. Spends too much time on the ground or fouling other players, his shooting is erratic and he doesn’t look when he’s playing the ball into the box. He’s not going to help us stay up and for that, I won’t lose any sleep over him not being involved. He’ll be away in the summer. 

This all day long. 

Silvery_Moon

Whatever your thoughts on Uche he knows how to find the net at Easter Road. For that alone I would have him involved in some capacity tonight. 

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He performs well in big games. Hope he plays a part tonight.

Remind me again how many goals he has scored in big games.

15 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Remind me again how many goals he has scored in big games.

Equalised on last 2 visits to ER, winner against Aberdeen at home last season, Scottish cup quarter and semi finals last season, assisted Kyle Laffertys winner against Celtic

2 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Equalised on last 2 visits to ER, winner against Aberdeen at home last season, Scottish cup quarter and semi finals last season, assisted Kyle Laffertys winner against Celtic

Pish record tbf.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pish record tbf.

Many of the squad done better? Bar Naismith and possibly Clare, I’d have to beg to differ

Just now, Thommo414 said:

Many of the squad done better? Bar Naismith and possibly Clare, I’d have to beg to differ

He’s been here close to two years. I’ll not bother judging his ‘success’ on other people’s failures, I’d rather see our forward spots taken by Walker, Boyce and Naismith. Washington has done nothing but had nowhere near the amount of chances as Uche. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, annushorribilis III said:

It's all about opinions, of course.

Yes it is. Just like @$$ holes.

Sexton Hardcastle
6 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Uche acting like a ***** . Pish anyway.

You also acting like a Little bitch.

Sure you’ll be singing his praises if he nets a winner tonight.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s been here close to two years. I’ll not bother judging his ‘success’ on other people’s failures, I’d rather see our forward spots taken by Walker, Boyce and Naismith. Washington has done nothing but had nowhere near the amount of chances as Uche. 

I’m judging Uche on what Uche has done, you just don’t like the answer and that’s your problem to deal with, not mine

Just now, Thommo414 said:

I’m judging Uche on what Uche has done, you just don’t like the answer and that’s your problem to deal with, not mine

What answer? He’s got a few goals and an assist in nearly two seasons. Many of his appearances at centre forward ? You’ve given no argument for continuing with him. Your post reads like an argument to drop him tbh.

1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

Taken from London Hearts website.

According to that 4 games played without Uche this season,  we've won 2. (that he's not featured at all, up until Falkirk cup game)

Thanks for that. I think these two games were Airdrie and Falkirk.

Are you suggesting that the reason we won these games was that Uche did not feature?

My theory about these two games is that they were against teams from lower divisions that you would expect us to beat with any selection from our first-team pool.

Just now, GinRummy said:

What answer? He’s got a few goals and an assist in nearly two seasons. Many of his appearances at centre forward ? You’ve given no argument for continuing with him. Your post reads like an argument to drop him tbh.

The question is what he has done in big games, so I listed what he has done in what could be construed as “big games”. I’ve not argued to continue with him or drop him because I’m neither here nor there. He plays, we win, I’m happy. Someone else plays, we win, I’m still happy. As long as Hearts leave games with 3 points or cup progression, I really don’t care what players take part, or how they achieve it

3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

The question is what he has done in big games, so I listed what he has done in what could be construed as “big games”. I’ve not argued to continue with him or drop him because I’m neither here nor there. He plays, we win, I’m happy. Someone else plays, we win, I’m still happy. As long as Hearts leave games with 3 points or cup progression, I really don’t care what players take part, or how they achieve it

We can agree on that. I just think he’s had enough chances and isn’t good enough. He’s definitely done well in big games under Levein but I also don’t think his hearts not been in it under Stendel. Recent performances have been poor.  

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

We can agree on that. I just think he’s had enough chances and isn’t good enough. He’s definitely done well in big games under Levein but I also don’t think his hearts been in it under Stendel. Recent performances have been poor.  

Pretty much. Like you say, big games under previous management were a moderate success for him but a wild lack of consistency has brought him to where he is now. I’ve no doubt that with Boyce and Washington returning to fitness that Uches coat is on a loose peg in the last chance saloon but that’s up to him to sort out if or when he gets another chance 

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Pretty much. Like you say, big games under previous management were a moderate success for him but a wild lack of consistency has brought him to where he is now. I’ve no doubt that with Boyce and Washington returning to fitness that Uches coat is on a loose peg in the last chance saloon but that’s up to him to sort out if or when he gets another chance 

All true imo. 

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Pish record tbf.

Exactly. Uche is the most overrated forward we have had in recent times. If he isn’t falling on his arse he’s blasting the ball into the stands. 

Deans Jambo
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Thanks for that. I think these two games were Airdrie and Falkirk.

Are you suggesting that the reason we won these games was that Uche did not feature?

My theory about these two games is that they were against teams from lower divisions that you would expect us to beat with any selection from our first-team pool.

Was just intrigued by the stat when I saw it. Reason I looked was to see if we play better without him. Your right its been lower opposition so probably doesn't add weight to whether he does or not.

For me we play much better football without him. He's so frustrating but you can't help love his enthusiasm. That's what causes the frustration, he's so desperate to take defenders on he forgets to do the basics and that's control the ball first! He be such an asset if he could just hold the ball up and let fellow strikers or midfielders feed off him. No need to continually attempt to roll the defender then fall over. We've players that could thrive playing one/twos off him around the penalty box.