Uche

Greedy Jambo

Nice guy and he’s a handful for defenders a few games a season but on the whole he’s a dreadful footballer.

He can’t consistently dribble well, pass, score, hold up the ball without fouling someone or head it. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bull's-eye

• been here before

Getting an international call up might work out well for all of us. He’ll be in the shop window so could (if all goes well), be sold for a wee bit of money. Result 

Looked to cause defences problems when he first came by occupying an extra man but then teams cottoned on that he does very little in possession or gives a way a foul so stopped focussing on him as much I feel.

For the Rangers game he was asked to attend despite not being in the squad, he chose to go out with his missus for a birthday meal, pretty disappointing from the big man if you ask me.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Getting an international call up might work out well for all of us. He’ll be in the shop window so could (if all goes well), be sold for a wee bit of money. Result 

That’s what I thought with Djoum - and he won the ANC....

I like Uche and actually think he is worth a bit of cash though 

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That’s what I thought with Djoum - and he won the ANC....

I like Uche and actually think he is worth a bit of cash though 

We miss Djoum.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We miss Djoum.

we do - I think he’d have fitted Stendel style excellently

9 minutes ago, TheSandpit said:

Big Uche Top 3 Attributes :-

Give away possession 

Give away fouls

Well at least that Maths degree did not go to waste.:rolleyes:

pettigrewsstylist

Still think he could be used to ruffle feathers and the quality of Naismith, Boyce etc picking up 2nd balls and exploiting.

Its all about systems, but it seemd like every one of  Smiths crosses sailed into keepers arms, unchallenged, yesterday.

He is the only one in squad with certain physical traits.

RustyRightPeg

Hopefully never plays for us again. One of the worst I've seen in a Hearts top.

Specialties include, fouling and losing the ball.

The difference in our team with mobile strikers is remarkable.

gashauskis9

Another player who looks decent when you’re top 6, but doesn’t know how to roll his sleeves up and adapt his game to a relegation scrap. 

6 hours ago, Jamdub said:

Well at least that Maths degree did not go to waste.:rolleyes:

I'll wait just a little longer, see if the joke sinks in... 

cauther col
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Worst habit was looking for fouls , an easy pushover.

I still think Uche would be a good option to have on the bench. He offers something completely different than everyone else, and could be useful. Doesn’t have the stamina to play for the start, and certainly not with the way Stendel wants us to play.

Holyrood_Hearts

Another player at the club-like Washington, Boyce, Walker, Naismith, Maclean, Keena, Morrison, Meshino, Mulraney who haven’t contributed with enough goals per game.  I know some on my list are already away but still he doesn’t do enough when he’s played 

RustyRightPeg
26 minutes ago, cauther col said:

Worst habit was looking for fouls , an easy pushover.

90% of the time the ball is going up to him he's already going looking for the foul. There's ways to be a target man and he has not got a clue how to do it

John mcCartney
18 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I still think Uche would be a good option to have on the bench. He offers something completely different than everyone else, and could be useful. Doesn’t have the stamina to play for the start, and certainly not with the way Stendel wants us to play.

He could cause carnage last quarter of the game if chasing a result on Wed night.
Probably wouldnt win any decisions right enough.

gashauskis9

Good player to come on for the last 15 mins to protect a lead and possibly extend it when the game opens up.  Sadly I could count on one hand the times we’ve been in that position this season. 

19 hours ago, Smithee said:

We miss Djoum.

another player certain posters loved to lay into.

yes we most certainly do miss him. However look back at threads and he was the anti christ according to some. 
some just have to have a scapegoat

11 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

can only assume you’ve been watching us for a couple of years then ?

far from the worst. 
sammon, Watt and Wighton ? There’s 3 right there from the last couple of years. And they are only the forwards.

Uche has been no different from every other player recently which is why we are bottom. He has also played and scored v the vermin in big games and also v the newco.

maybe his time is up but hardly one of the worst

Finlay James
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

can only assume you’ve been watching us for a couple of years then ?

far from the worst. 
sammon, Watt and Wighton ? There’s 3 right there from the last couple of years. And they are only the forwards.

Uche has been no different from every other player recently which is why we are bottom. He has also played and scored v the vermin in big games and also v the newco.

maybe his time is up but hardly one of the worst

Spot on.  He's not even in the top 100 worst players to wear a Hearts jersey.

Was sitting in Q with his wife. Arrived second half.... just along from Todd McKinley and Big Slim.

Allowayjambo1874

Uche has his strengths as well as his weaknesses. People are focusing on the latter at the moment however for a bit of balance I’ll ask a quick question. At the end of the match on Saturday when Meshino shat out of the challenge with their keeper do people honestly think the big man would not have went in fully committed? If he had that opportunity and scored then exactly the same people calling him crap just now would be demanding him to be in starting eleven on Wednesday!! 

He’s not the best but when he gets a head of steam on him he can be effective and dropping him to the bench and giving him 10-15 minutes might be worth a shout. Right now if we are chasing a game I would rather he was coming on than Meshino Donis or Walker.

All about opinions. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Was sitting in Q with his wife. Arrived second half.... just along from Todd McKinley and Big Slim.

Aye, he needs to get seated quicker. Don't think his young lady had attended many games before by looks of it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Uche has his strengths as well as his weaknesses. People are focusing on the latter at the moment however for a bit of balance I’ll ask a quick question. At the end of the match on Saturday when Meshino shat out of the challenge with their keeper do people honestly think the big man would not have went in fully committed? If he had that opportunity and scored then exactly the same people calling him crap just now would be demanding him to be in starting eleven on Wednesday!! 

He’s not the best but when he gets a head of steam on him he can be effective and dropping him to the bench and giving him 10-15 minutes might be worth a shout. Right now if we are chasing a game I would rather he was coming on than Meshino Donis or Walker.

All about opinions. 

Uche would never have found the opening, Meshino did for Naismith late on which led to Boyce fresh air kick. It is all about opinions, different players offer different things, but if you go sulking to the papers as suspected, I think he has found the right place, a seat in the stand

Ex member of the SaS

Uche could have been a great player had the officials given him the fouls that were committed against him. Too often they went the other way when he was being pushed or held.

17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aye, he needs to get seated quicker. Don't think his young lady had attended many games before by looks of it. 

Could be right about that. No sign of pie or bovril.....👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Could be right about that. No sign of pie or bovril.....👍

:)

She looked totally bewildered of what was expected of her, sat down in a random seat before sheepishly getting back up and after her fella. Good to see Sibbick looking well just the other side of the aisle in Premium. One of the benefits of Q, plenty of access to players and their lovely families and friends.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Uche could have been a great player had the officials given him the fouls that were committed against him. Too often they went the other way when he was being pushed or held.

To begin with. I find now he is way too interested in wrestling and winning fouls rather than just beasting his opponent with his superior specimen.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Uche's at the wrong club, he will never get a fair deal from the refs here. Levein should have foresaw that.

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

She looked totally bewildered of what was expected of her, sat down in a random seat before sheepishly getting back up and after her fella. Good to see Sibbick looking well just the other side of the aisle in Premium. One of the benefits of Q, plenty of access to players and their lovely families and friends.

I was sat behind Toby.

He's really rather gorgeous.

😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I was sat behind Toby.

He's really rather gorgeous.

😀

A handsome fella. Get the impression he is a good lad too

47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

👍

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Uche would never have found the opening, Meshino did for Naismith late on which led to Boyce fresh air kick. It is all about opinions, different players offer different things, but if you go sulking to the papers as suspected, I think he has found the right place, a seat in the stand

‘Sulking to the papers as suspected’.  😄 What’s the evidence it was him or, indeed, any player?

1 hour ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Uche's at the wrong club, he will never get a fair deal from the refs here. Levein should have foresaw that.

Levein should never have signed him in the first place nothing to do with the refs. He brings most of his problems on himself. He does get a raw deal sometimes but it's his style of play that gets him in bother.

Unknown user
Just now, wavydavy said:

Levein should never have signed him in the first place nothing to do with the refs. He brings most of his problems on himself. He does get a raw deal sometimes but it's his style of play that gets him in bother.

There's no magic way of knowing how successful a signing will be, he looked like he had the potential to be a great signing at the start. 

Thought Police
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There's no magic way of knowing how successful a signing will be, he looked like he had the potential to be a great signing at the start. 

He also seemed to be way more composed. He turned up against Cowdenbeath, turned and curled one bottom corner. Then against Inverness he scored a relaxed volley and a well placed header. Then, for the past 18 months he's maybe been one of the worst shooters of a football I've seen at Tynecastle, with him just swiping and ballooning everything.

Edited by Thought Police

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Every signing has an element of risk no doubt.

He had a couple of early games where he caused problems but then opposition defences soon sussed him out.

If Stendel stays at Hearts I can't see Uche  being part of his plans unless we are relegated and he might do better in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

He also seemed to be way more composed. He turned up against Cowdenbeath, turned and curled one bottom corner. Then against Inverness he scored a relaxed volley and a well placed header. Then, for the past 18 months he's maybe been one of the worst shooters of a football I've seen at Tynecastle, with him just swiping and ballooning everything.

The teams you mention him playing well against maybe tells you something.

Bindy Badgy

I like Uche as he works hard and seems to be a team player. That said, he isn't a particularly good footballer.

I assume he'll be on his way sooner rather than later so I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Edited by Stokesy

Thought Police
Just now, wavydavy said:

The teams you mention him playing well against maybe tells you something.

Granted, yes, that did cross my mind. 

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Granted, yes, that did cross my mind. 

Might really be his level unfortunately.