Contingency plan?

Jambo 4 Ever

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50826082

“Hearts are currently £400,000 down on its revenue target for this financial year, but have no contingency plans for relegation yet, though "the majority" of players' contracts do contain relegation clauses.”

i wonder if Anne has the relegation contingency plan in place now - was a good question to ask at the time!!

Edited by Natural Orders

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Bazzas right boot

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Leveins Battalion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

“Hearts are currently £400,000 down on its revenue target for this financial year, but have no contingency plans for relegation yet, though "the majority" of players' contracts do contain relegation clauses.”

i wonder if Anne has the relegation contingency plan in place now - was a good question to ask at the time!!

If only we’d had a thread discussing this in December, when that article was actually published ....

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I suspect the losses in the next financial year will be a lot higher. But don't worry everything will be hunky dory when we fit out the 2nd floor of the newish stand

Psychedelicropcircle
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If only we’d had a thread discussing this in December, when that article was actually published ....ya Hibs ***** 

FTFY 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

We're staying up Hammy.

Deal with it. 🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I suspect that the Jim Jefferies and Gary Locke panic button may be pressed if we lose our next two games.

Lose our next two and it will practically be game over, especially as Hamilton and St Mirren will likely pick up points the way things have been going recently.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

Lose our next two and it will practically be game over, especially as Hamilton and St Mirren will likely pick up points the way things have been going recently.

7 points down max with 27 to play for. Interesting take

6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If only we’d had a thread discussing this in December, when that article was actually published ....

Where’s the thread?

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

OP is even putting question marks in thread titles now.

Helpful comment 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

OP is even putting question marks in thread titles now.

Obviously random inane questions in threads wasn't enough.

11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I suspect the losses in the next financial year will be a lot higher. But don't worry everything will be hunky dory when we fit out the 2nd floor of the newish stand

The refit is on hold, as per the AGM. 

7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How can you be so sure? 

3pts at your place on Tuesday gets the ball rolling again for a start.

Just now, jamboman9 said:

3pts at your place on Tuesday gets the ball rolling again for a start.

you really are incredibly boring - thinking everyone who doesn't agree with you is a hibs fan - sad times

Just now, Mr 3 Putt said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't one. Would keep in line with the current mismanagement of the club over the last 3 years.

sadly this is what concerns me.

No doubt the money from foh will be needed to help us get by without the tv contract if we go down.   

Fingers crossed the players all grow a set and we can finish off bottom spot

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Old news. Yawn

how is it old news?  the last we heard there was no plan in place...

30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

7 points down max with 27 to play for. Interesting take

Mathematically it would obviously not be over, but we are at crunch time and if we can’t start picking up points very soon it is highly unlikely that we will do later on. Worrying thing is that St Mirren and Hamilton now look like they can score goals and aren’t conceding too many. Really hoped Ross County would slide too, but that doesn’t look too likely now.

We’ve barely won any games over the last 15 months, and now need to win more games than we have over that period in the next couple of months. Extremely tough but not impossible.

41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Bringing it up fits in with the current “We’re aww doomed” mood cos a relegation rival won last night

12 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

how is it old news?  the last we heard there was no plan in place...

Cos it was published 2 months ago. That’s pretty old

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Mathematically it would obviously not be over, but we are at crunch time and if we can’t start picking up points very soon it is highly unlikely that we will do later on. Worrying thing is that St Mirren and Hamilton now look like they can score goals and aren’t conceding too many. Really hoped Ross County would slide too, but that doesn’t look too likely now.

We’ve barely won any games over the last 15 months, and now need to win more games than we have over that period in the next couple of months. Extremely tough but not impossible.

3 wins in 27 that worries me far more than Hamilton or St Mirren

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Cos it was published 2 months ago. That’s pretty old

yeh it was from the AGM as someone asked the question but she said they would do one if felt necessary.

so now we are expecting there should be one in place but not heard anything

Atleast we know the majority of players have relegation clauses in their contracts - probably a lot of the first team including any of the new players and Naismith - perhaps they have had enough and want to leave and see relegation as an easy way out their contract for free?!

Going to be hard to shift some of these ***** if we do go down I think. Who's going to take loic damour for a fee. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Like she cares ?

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Going to be hard to shift some of these ***** if we do go down I think. Who's going to take loic damour for a fee. 

well the majority of players have relegation release clauses

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Which ones? 

Tokyo Drifter

Can someone explain to me exactly what a relegation clause is? Does it mean the player is released from his contract if we are relegated, e.g. we'll lose Naismith, Boyce etc immediately? But does it cut both ways and also mean we can release players from their contracts in the same circumstances, e.g Damour?

Spunk SEVCO this weekend, Avoid Celtic in the Semi Final, advance to the Final and the 400K will be wiped :)  Where's the problem :)

Edited by BelgeJambo

19 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Spunk SEVCO this weekend, Avoid Celtic in the Semi Final, advance to the Final and the 400K will be wiped :)  Where's the problem :)

let us know when you wake up from dreaming

The Old Tolbooth
45 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

3 wins in 27 that worries me far more than Hamilton or St Mirren

Me too, I'm amazed we're still in touch! 

£400,000 down on the targeted money... a trip to Hampden would sort that.

Hickey and Souttar likely away in the summer too.

Hopefully as spring hits, things start looking up for Hearts again. What a shite winter.

39 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

yeh it was from the AGM as someone asked the question but she said they would do one if felt necessary.

so now we are expecting there should be one in place but not heard anything.

11 matches to go and the entire relegation picture still in our hands; what exactly are you looking for our CEO to publicly say about contingency?

The precedent for relegated clubs is for some or all of the management team, players and a level of support staff leave. Budgets are adjusted and reduced accordingly. You have to assume we would do something similar. Why would you expect, need or want to hear public confirmation of this?

What would the benefit be for us (or more specifically the manager and players) to "hear" right now that many of them will be looking for new employment should they fail to avoid relegation? Do you think the CEO publicly confirming that many will be looking for new jobs is going to help or hinder the team spirit, focus and effort required to avoid relegation?

Would it suggest the CEO is not supporting and backing the management and players by publicly discussing contingency that may not be needed?

Have Hamilton, or any other at risk club in any league or division, publicly released their relegation contingency plan?

12 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

let us know when you wake up from dreaming

How long have you been a Hearts fan?

This is how it works, no matter if we are great or shite, it's a rollercoaster ride

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

How long have you been a Hearts fan?

This is how it works, no matter if we are great or shite, it's a rollercoaster ride

Been going to games for about 30 years.

52 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Any names?

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Been going to games for about 30 years.

Hearts games?

• davemclaren locked this topic