Contingency plan?

Jambo 4 Ever

Bazzas right boot

A contingency plan is a plan for your first plan to fail. 

Best is to believe and trust in your original plan, if not then don't bother with it in the first place. 

Stendel will keep us up. 

The Contingency plan can suck my big toe. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Bazzas right boot

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Best is to believe and trust in your original plan, if not then don't bother with it in the first place. 

Stendel will keep us up. 

Not the most clever approach but i like your blind confidence. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel will keep us up. 

That’s the spirit, Tosh.  👍

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel will keep us up. 

Yeah? Well he better start winning. (Not trying to be sarky btw) Its getting more and more out of our hands. Our home record is appalling and I'm seriously doubting the gumption of the squad. 

I think DS needs to focus on making us tough to beat. IMO with Walker back we have the attacking nous in the final 3rd to get the scrappy win. I hate to bring up Levein but immediately after Cathro that was what he set out to do and it worked. We're not aiming for Europe. We just need slightly more points than the dross around us. Relegation sets us back 2/3 years and its not ****ing acceptable.

If Stendel is incapable of adjusting his style to reflect our need for points we've got ourselves another Tony Mowberry. Inflexible and that is what will relegate us. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Not the most clever approach but i like your blind confidence. 

Time, effort and money spent on plan b are just time wasted that could be  delivering plan A. 

👍

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel will keep us up. 

Brilliant 👍

I'm hoping the lack of league games recently will help Stendel. 

More time to get his ideas across to the players, more time to get players fully fit (Boyce, Sibbick, Avdijaj and Langer)

We really need to see improvement now and i hope to god Avdijaj and Langer aren't as pish as i first thought. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s the spirit, Tosh.  👍

Tbh, Just don't have the heart to tell folk that Levein is the contingency plan. 

😉

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, Just don't have the heart to tell folk that Levein is the contingency plan. 

😉

I guess you’re jesting, but that might well be the case.  :vrface:  Stranger things have happened.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time, effort and money spent on plan b are just time wasted that could be  delivering plan A. 

👍

Craig Leveins plan A was definitely time and money wasted.

Not sure about the effort since he was regularly a no show in training by all accounts. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm hoping the lack of league games recently will help Stendel. 

More time to get his ideas across to the players, more time to get players fully fit (Boyce, Sibbick, Avdijaj and Langer)

We really need to see improvement now and i hope to god Avdijaj and Langer aren't as pish as i first thought. 

The thing that will save us from being bottom is that Hamilton are also shite. 

We just need more points than Hamilton. 

Litterally 3 wins would propel us up the table, this squad of players must be capable of winning 3 football games. 

Surely tae ****?

I'm confident we'd win a play off. 

Just be a hard week for us with the sc final as well. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Litterally 3 wins would propel us up the table, this squad of players must be capable of winning 3 football games. 

Surely tae ****?

I think the Hibs game could make or break us. 

We win that... the confidence will be through the roof, 

We lose... all hell breaks loose. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Surely tae ****?

Play off matches are 2

weeks after the cup final. Still two league matches to be played after the final and before the play off first leg.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Surely tae ****?

Cup final is earlier this year because Hampden is being used for Euro 2020

All while Murrayfield lays empty...

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Play off matches are 2

weeks after the cup final. Still two league matches to be played after the final and before the play off first leg.

Be tough. 

Cup winners going into a play off. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Play off matches are 2

1 minute ago, kila said:

Cup final is earlier this year because Hampden is being used for Euro 2020

All while Murrayfield lays empty...

Ta. 

Guest ToqueJambo

What sort of contingency plan do folk expect? We've been relegated before and so have other teams, so it's obvious what we'll do. We'll cut the wage bill, trim the squad and cut other costs - eg putting some off field projects and initiatives on hold - but will still try to put out a Premiership quality team probably on lower Premiership wages to get promoted as quickly as possible and compete in the cups. 

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel will keep us up. 

Poor preparation always costs us. 
We have to put a plan in place for going down as it’s looking more and more likely. 
We can’t just keep saying if we beat them and if we do this or that as it’s just not happening. The original plan is an absolute disaster. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Surely tae ****?

Forever the optimist mate I admire that in you but this squad has let you down dozens of times now. 😩

You never know they might spark into life but I seriously doubt it. If you can’t beat Hamilton at home you are done as a team!! 

I would be amazed if the club doesn’t do financial scenario modelling on a regular basis on several outcomes, including relegation. There are tools you can use or even an excel spreadsheet would suffice. 

8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50826082

“Hearts are currently £400,000 down on its revenue target for this financial year, but have no contingency plans for relegation yet, though "the majority" of players' contracts do contain relegation clauses.

i wonder if Anne has the relegation contingency plan in place now - was a good question to ask at the time!!

I was wondering When Boyce signed if he had some sort of "get out of jail free card " put in his contract.considering the position we were and still are in

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

things have moved on from then mate

Things haven’t moved on though have they , we are fighting relegation and thats no different. We are not giving up on the notion we can stay up. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, graygo said:

It's weird, folk have been screaming for her to loosen the purse strings to give us a better chance of staying up and then they moan that we are over budget.

loosen the purse strings :lol:

the unfinished stand is about 10+ million over budget 

3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

There wouldn’t be outrage at all.  It would indicate the situation the club finds itself in is putting together a plan for the worst instead of the finger in the ear treatment that has lead to this grave situation.  

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

exactly

Jesus **** , there might not be outrage (though knowing the level of intelligence on here at times and across jambos it prob would) but it would be a ****ing stupid to announce a contingency plan. Even if it is needed i doubt it will be spelt out for ya to froth over. It will be yes we have a contingency plan in place and it will be implemented. What the **** do you expect 🙈

53 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Forever the optimist mate I admire that in you but this squad has let you down dozens of times now. 😩

You never know they might spark into life but I seriously doubt it. If you can’t beat Hamilton at home you are done as a team!! 

Maybe check Hamiltons away results over he last couple years. Id assume it means we should all just give up.

Just to help off top of my head for example 

Aberdeen

Livingston

Motherwell

Kilmarnock 

Edited by sadj

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would be amazed if the club doesn’t do financial scenario modelling on a regular basis on several outcomes, including relegation. There are tools you can use or even an excel spreadsheet would suffice. 

They might do but how hard can it actually be? If most of the players have relegation clauses it’s just a matter of working with what you’ve got left and setting a budget on who we can afford to bring in. Obviously season tickets adjusted downwards. It’s not that long ago since we were in the championship so we’ll know the score. 

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Mate, you would have been amazed if i told you that we would be bottom of the league after Leveins 5 year plan with the biggest wage budget outside of the old firm. 

Don't hold your breath. 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Maybe check Hamiltons away results over he last couple years. Id assume it means we should all just give up.

Aberdeen

Livingston

Motherwell

Kilmarnock 

If you are 2-0 against Hamilton after 15 mins in a game you know you have to win then there is something far wrong. The team have a losing mentality and the manager has been very naive to think we should just keep playing the same way despite conceding goal after goal after goal. 
I agree with one thing though Hamilton are better than us at away games. 

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

I think the Hibs game could make or break us. 

We win that... the confidence will be through the roof, 

We lose... all hell breaks loose. 

All hell’s broken loose today and we weren’t even fecking playing. Seriously logged on this morning and thought I’d missed a game in which we were leathered

19 minutes ago, sadj said:

Jesus **** , there might not be outrage (though knowing the level of intelligence on here at times and across jambos it prob would) but it would be a ****ing stupid to announce a contingency plan. Even if it is needed i doubt it will be spelt out for ya to froth over. It will be yes we have a contingency plan in place and it will be implemented. What the **** do you expect 🙈

Assurances from the club that the best preparation possible is taking place to make sure we are not completely ****ed if we go down.  Not sit and wait and then go, oh look we’re ****ed.  Let’s make a plan. 

9 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Mate, you would have been amazed if i told you that we would be bottom of the league after Leveins 5 year plan with the biggest wage budget outside of the old firm. 

Don't hold your breath. 

This.  The time for taking things for granted and giving budge the benefit of the doubt is well done for.  

8 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I suspect that the Jim Jefferies and Gary Locke panic button may be pressed if we lose our next two games.

An interesting thought, one I've heard a few people raise (though with different suggestions). I'll be honest that it went through my mind after the Hamilton game but it was Gary Naysmith and JJ. Don't think it will matter either way, honestly feel nothing is going to save us, the rot has taken hold completely.

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Assurances from the club that the best preparation possible is taking place to make sure we are not completely ****ed if we go down.  Not sit and wait and then go, oh look we’re ****ed.  Let’s make a plan. 

And you would believe such a statement? 😄

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully not the same spreadsheet they are using to calculate the new stand costs

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Squad let us down.

Excellent. I fully expect you to support Ann Budge from now on with the many anti Budge threads going on on here.

Geoff Kilpatrick
39 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why are you even biting? This idiot has now had 3 pages of spraff from an inane question so he has Randy Marshed all over the shop.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why are you even biting? This idiot has now had 3 pages of spraff from an inane question so he has Randy Marshed all over the shop.

First time you and I are in agreement.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, kila said:

Hopefully not the same spreadsheet they are using to calculate the new stand costs

:lol:

22 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Squad let us down.

Excellent. I fully expect you to support Ann Budge from now on with the many anti Budge threads going on on here.

Why would I support her. She is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. 

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

loosen the purse strings :lol:

the unfinished stand is about 10+ million over budget 

I think questions need to be asked there 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What sort of contingency plan do folk expect? We've been relegated before and so have other teams, so it's obvious what we'll do. We'll cut the wage bill, trim the squad and cut other costs - eg putting some off field projects and initiatives on hold - but will still try to put out a Premiership quality team probably on lower Premiership wages to get promoted as quickly as possible and compete in the cups. 

This is what I’m thinking. Are folk expecting a 40 page document on how we cope with relegation. Without doubt the board will have discussed it. We’ve won 3 games this season nothing points to us miraculously turning that form around so they’ll be looking at players contracts now.

No chance will any international player will want to play in the championship, ironically they are all worth a few quid and would see us build a quality championship side.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel will keep us up. 

The players will keep us up. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Surely tae ****?

Cup final and play-off final are at least two apart if not more 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Poor preparation always costs us. 
We have to put a plan in place for going down as it’s looking more and more likely. 
We can’t just keep saying if we beat them and if we do this or that as it’s just not happening. The original plan is an absolute disaster. 

I think the opposite. 

We over plan and over think. 

Cathro, stendel. 

Looking to break the mould. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Cup final and play-off final are at least two apart if not more 

Aye, I Ken now. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Memo to all staff

Subject: Relegation contingency plan

Dear all,

It has come to my attention that we are in danger of relegation. Clearly we need a contingency plan.

Obviously what we need is someone to come in with experience of getting a club out of the Championship at the first attempt, while ensuring we don't neglect  the youth academy and other important parts of the club. We need someone with vast Scottish football experience who also knows Hearts inside and out. This person can take a holistic view of the football department. Let's call him a Director of Football if you will. He will appoint a manager capable of getting us promoted and oversee the signing of the right players to get results. Ideally, this person should have experience of doing exactly that.

Luckily, in a broom cupboard down the corridor, I found this person. His name is Craig. He's a little dusty from the cupboard and is still traumatised from some recent experiences. I propose that we give Craig a slightly larger cupboard in which to plan out promotion campaign should it be needed.

Please don't tell anyone.

Sincerely,

Ann

jack D and coke

At what point do some of our fans realise we’re more than likely going down? We probably need to win about 5 matches minimum to stay up. This is happening? 
Id love to be as optimistic. Every week i expect it to turn and after a while I’m sitting in silence knowing it’s another game slipped away. I even want this rangers game out the way so we can try get some points on the board. I actually don’t think I care what happens in this game if I’m honest. Survival is everything. 

Edited by jack D and coke

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Aberdeen

Livingston

Motherwell

Kilmarnock 

Add Rangers and Hibs in last 18 months. All doomed it would seem 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

All hell’s broken loose today and we weren’t even fecking playing. Seriously logged on this morning and thought I’d missed a game in which we were leathered

Yep, lots of pantwetters on here today after their leaders post this morning. I8 has a lot to answer for today. 

Edited by soonbe110

• davemclaren locked this topic