Contingency plan?

Jambo 4 Ever

The Apprentice
7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

11 matches to go and the entire relegation picture still in our hands; what exactly are you looking for our CEO to publicly say about contingency?

The precedent for relegated clubs is for some or all of the management team, players and a level of support staff leave. Budgets are adjusted and reduced accordingly. You have to assume we would do something similar. Why would you expect, need or want to hear public confirmation of this?

What would the benefit be for us (or more specifically the manager and players) to "hear" right now that many of them will be looking for new employment should they fail to avoid relegation? Do you think the CEO publicly confirming that many will be looking for new jobs is going to help or hinder the team spirit, focus and effort required to avoid relegation?

Would it suggest the CEO is not supporting and backing the management and players by publicly discussing contingency that may not be needed?

Have Hamilton, or any other at risk club in any league or division, publicly released their relegation contingency plan?

The OP struggles to engage in any reasoned debate so I doubt you'll get any solid response to that, but I agree.

There would be outrage if the Club made mention to any sort of contingency plan at this stage with 11 games left to play.  All efforts should be focussed on keeping us up and rightly so. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Bazzas right boot

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People are aware that we have only won 3 league macthes all season and only won 10 league matches in the last 17 months?

Thinking that we are going to win 5 or 6 of our renmaining matches is pretty unrealistic.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, kila said:

Have you always lived in Hamilton?

I suppose someone has to live there.

14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Been going to games for about 30 years.

What was your 23rd favourite Hearts game? 

33 minutes ago, kila said:

£400,000 down on the targeted money... a trip to Hampden would sort that.

Hickey and Souttar likely away in the summer too.

Hopefully as spring hits, things start looking up for Hearts again. What a shite winter.

What a shite 19 months !

47 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

11 matches to go and the entire relegation picture still in our hands; what exactly are you looking for our CEO to publicly say about contingency?

The precedent for relegated clubs is for some or all of the management team, players and a level of support staff leave. Budgets are adjusted and reduced accordingly. You have to assume we would do something similar. Why would you expect, need or want to hear public confirmation of this?

What would the benefit be for us (or more specifically the manager and players) to "hear" right now that many of them will be looking for new employment should they fail to avoid relegation? Do you think the CEO publicly confirming that many will be looking for new jobs is going to help or hinder the team spirit, focus and effort required to avoid relegation?

Would it suggest the CEO is not supporting and backing the management and players by publicly discussing contingency that may not be needed?

Have Hamilton, or any other at risk club in any league or division, publicly released their relegation contingency plan?

Here lads , just give up eh! Ill go tell everyone we have a plan in place for relegation and what that plan is. Btw Ill authorise our wages to be 133% like Utd have done this year. So none of ya need to worry you can get paid the same in the Championship and we will keep the squad together

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
54 minutes ago, weehammy said:

In the same way that Fred Goodwin was a shrewd businessman?

I don't know anything about Fred Goodwin - Queen Ann though i've read it all in here - everything will be planned out the worriers just don't have enough cleverness to see it (or are hibs fans and stuff )

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

yeh it was from the AGM as someone asked the question but she said they would do one if felt necessary.

so now we are expecting there should be one in place but not heard anything

Atleast we know the majority of players have relegation clauses in their contracts - probably a lot of the first team including any of the new players and Naismith - perhaps they have had enough and want to leave and see relegation as an easy way out their contract for free?!

In which case, and bearing in mind it’s mostly their fault we are where we are **** em

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
27 minutes ago, sadj said:

Here lads , just give up eh! Ill go tell everyone we have a plan in place for relegation and what that plan is. Btw Ill authorise our wages to be 133% like Utd have done this year. So none of ya need to worry you can get paid the same in the Championship and we will keep the squad together

we'd surely all be a bit concerned if queen Ann was so slap-dash with any of the budgets - 133% that's a lot

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

we'd surely all be a bit concerned if queen Ann was so slap-dash with any of the budgets - 133% that's a lot

Indeed , it is huge , thats United’s this year though. 

I just think its ridiculous to expect the club to be telling everyone a contingency plan is in place this early. She said we will have one. Shes been very decent on the commercial side so Id like to think that would continue and she would have the relevant things in place.

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Where’s the thread?

It was discussed at length at the time.  You should know, you were "contributing" to the usual splaff.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

It was discussed at length at the time.  You should know, you were "contributing" to the usual splaff.

things have moved on from then mate

brunoatemyhamster
20 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

They may not want to leave. 

They may not want to stay on reduced money. 

All sorts of clauses possible. 

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Spunk SEVCO this weekend, Avoid Celtic in the Semi Final, advance to the Final and the 400K will be wiped :)  Where's the problem :)

Inverness again in the Semi makes this a possibility. 

2 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

The OP struggles to engage in any reasoned debate so I doubt you'll get any solid response to that, but I agree.

There would be outrage if the Club made mention to any sort of contingency plan at this stage with 11 games left to play.  All efforts should be focussed on keeping us up and rightly so. 

There wouldn’t be outrage at all.  It would indicate the situation the club finds itself in is putting together a plan for the worst instead of the finger in the ear treatment that has lead to this grave situation.  

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

There wouldn’t be outrage at all.  It would indicate the situation the club finds itself in is putting together a plan for the worst instead of the finger in the ear treatment that has lead to this grave situation.  

exactly

8 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

They may not want to stay on reduced money. 

All sorts of clauses possible. 

Possible but not likely. 

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I suspect that the Jim Jefferies and Gary Locke panic button may be pressed if we lose our next two games.

No chance. It would be the Levein button first. 

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No chance. It would be the Levein button first. 

No chance.  Think of the outrage if that ***** came back in. 

The Apprentice
40 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'd bet there are discussions and things happening in the background to prepare for all eventualities.  Not everything has to be made public knowledge, especially when we are very much still in with a chance of staying up. As JamboGraham said above, I can't think over any other club who come out with their relegation contingency plans when they are not mathematically relegated so why should we?

The Treasurer

I think the players with a "relegation clause" should be named.

It might give us an idea of who will be more up for the fight as their jobs depend on it

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think the players with a "relegation clause" should be named.

It might give us an idea of who will be more up for the fight as their jobs depend on it

Or they might see it as a way out to sign for someone else for free at end of season

I still don't think we will be relegated, but if we are and if clauses are in place, then hopefully they were written in for the benefit of the club (i.e. we can cut wages by X% if relegated), rather than the player (i.e. you can leave for free if we're relegated). 

It would be utterly disastrous if we lost anyone with any sort of market value to a relegation release clause.  

What about when Ann Budge leaves, will the anonymous donors to stop donating? 

Our wage bill must be through the roof. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

Wage bill apparently around £9 million.

Just now, wavydavy said:

Yeah, the same figure JJ gave when we went into administration. 

2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

:hobo:

28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Or they might see it as a way out to sign for someone else for free at end of season

I don't know much if anything about players contracts but I would assume that some of the clauses will possibly have been inserted by the club to reduce the players wage, bonuses etc in the event of relegation.

On the players front they may have a clause stating they be released from their contract in the event of relegation perhaps for a previously agreed fee.

I would imagine that they could well be different for each player.

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

:hobo:

Do you not think it's worth asking? Rather than just closing your eyes and hoping for the best?

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That is astonishing, and getting out performed by Livingston and Motherwell.

...and every other club in the top flight.

Absolutely criminal.

10 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Do you not think it's worth asking? Rather than just closing your eyes and hoping for the best?

Do I think it’s worth asking a question that no one can answer,  to stir up shit on a rival teams message board? No I don’t. 

15 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Don't worry mate - anyone who doesn't conform seems to be called a hibs fan by certain posters - quite pathetic really

Do I think it’s worth asking a question that no one can answer,  to stir up shit on a rival teams message board? No I don’t. 

The thread is about having a contingency plan...

Why are you here if all you've got to contribute is "hobo"

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Don't worry mate - anyone who doesn't conform seems to be called a hibs fan by certain posters - quite pathetic really

I know, i don't know why i even bother with them, but hey, it passes the time i suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Is the OP actually a Hearts fan?

🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

The thread is about having a contingency plan...

Why are you here if all you've got to contribute is "hobo"

This is a thread for idiots created by an idiot. 

This is a thread for idiots created by an idiot. 

Ah, so that's why you're here. Thanks for clearing that up. 

5 hours ago, Elshin said:

No doubt the money from foh will be needed to help us get by without the tv contract if we go down.   

Fingers crossed the players all grow a set and we can finish off bottom spot

No, there's a parachute payment that does that.

The next again season though. ☹️

4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Ah, so that's why you're here. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Desperate sad little Hibs troll. 

3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

It's weird, folk have been screaming for her to loosen the purse strings to give us a better chance of staying up and then they moan that we are over budget.

Willie Hamilton genius
29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That is astonishing, and getting out performed by Livingston and Motherwell.

...and every other club in the top flight.

Absolutely criminal.

But , strangely enough, not true!

• davemclaren locked this topic