***Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers FC Scottish Cup Quarter Final Tie Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

49 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Repent!!!

well I stand corrected. Having attended the game unlike alot I can say I was talking shite and delighted that I now have a semi to go to. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

Tonight's victory was beautiful, but made even more sweeter by having sevconians sat next to me. 4 of them to be precise. 

Seeing them walking away was delightful!

1 minute ago, copa-mundial said:

Tonight's victory was beautiful, but made even more sweeter by having sevconians sat next to me. 4 of them to be precise. 

🤔 thought they didn’t do walking away 😀

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

🤔 thought they didn’t do walking away 😀

They 4 did. I witnessed first hand 😂 

Thing is. They had no shame sitting in our end. None what so ever

Nucky Thompson

Where are all the rats tonight?

I know the admins have a hard time running the board, but a wee bit detective work is all it takes

25 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Far too many of them in our end tonight. 3 guys emptied shortly after kick off in section p then another group at half time at the exit near bar 1874. 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know the admins have a hard time running the board, but a wee bit detective work is all it takes

Said similar re the sneaky pricks who appear after poor results. 

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but appears Gerrard stormed up the tunnel at full time and didn’t shake hands with our coaches.

Toys well oot the pram! :rofl: 

Great effort and fighting performance. Probably our weakest “technical” performance under Stendel so far but it was like Hearts of old. 

Not necessarily playing great but staying in the game through sheer focus and workrate. 

It was clear DS focused more on defending better. We were rarely countered and more in shape when we lost the ball.  In turn, our more advanced players were ready to scratch and scrap when the ball came forward and it made Rangers feel unsettled constantly. 

Edited by Debut 4

12 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Far too many of them in our end tonight. 3 guys emptied shortly after kick off in section p then another group at half time at the exit near bar 1874. 

3 emptied from Section T aswell. 

45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

well I stand corrected. Having attended the game unlike alot I can say I was talking shite and delighted that I now have a semi and a semi to go to. 

👍🏻Ftfy

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Repent!!!

Hold my hands up!  I was wrong!! And delighted to be so. 

16 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Correct. It seems there was a fair few of them in the home end tonight. Hope they all enjoyed the game. 

20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

This.

I have to be honest and say that our performances have not been great recently but the glee with which some so called 'Supporters' conduct themselves on here is unbelievable.

To continually play the I'm so disappointed/upset/angry (insert any other adjective here) card - because I'm such a PHM - is quite simply bollocks. To make a point and move on is acceptable. To continually bang on and on, picking away at the scab and refuse to allow it to even attempt to heal are not the actions of a 'Supporter', these are the actions  of one of the following;

A - Halfwit 

B - Hobbit/Hobbo/Vermin

C - Welt Troll

At a time when the club needs all the support it can get all of the above should be called for what they are at every opportunity.

Edited by Coolio

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Great effort and fighting performance. Probably our weakest “technical” performance under Stendel so far but it was like Hearts of old. 

Not necessarily playing great but staying in the game through sheer focus and workrate. 

It was clear DS focused more on defending better. We were rarely countered and more in shape when we lost the ball.  In turn, our more advanced players were ready to scratch and scrap when the ball came forward and it made Rangers feel unsettled constantly. 

Maybe looked different at the game but I genuinely can not see where you think we were weak technically. We played very well , every player knew their jobs and did them perfectly , the balance in the team was good and the tactics spot on

Just now, sadj said:

Maybe looked different at the game but I genuinely can not see where you think we were weak technically. We played very well , every player knew their jobs and did them perfectly , the balance in the team was good and the tactics spot on

The link up play and thoroughness on the ball wasn’t there as in previous games. Looked obvious to me but I may be wrong. Again, not great conditions though. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

A lot of prominent posters who are all over the board when we’ve had a shite result have suddenly went to bed early. 🤔

It's so obvious. 

We really shouldn't engage these posters. 

All over this place when ripping us, nothing when we win. 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hopefully both the players and manager can take a lot of confidecne from that display today. Today we attacked when we had to and could do. But it was more organised today, suggesting that the manager has also learned from recent performances. Playing his style of football may work perfectly well in both Germany and England where players have a little more time to think when the ball is at their feet but up here it is played almost constantly at 100 mph and the ball spends a lot more time in the air. That in itself means you need to maintain a strong defensive line and that was a very apparent difference tonight, in that when we did go forward it wasn't 8 outfield players all going forward at once, the defensive set up wasn't compromised in any way. Today was definitely something to build on, and I'd be more than happy if the remaining games to be played this season all ended 1-0 in our favour. From here to the end of the season isn't the time for further experimentation, it is all about winning football matches. Following the result at St Mirren Park tonight we now know the immediate future, Easter Road Tuesday, home to Motherwell then away to St Mirren. Three winnable games, and depending on results elsewhere even 7 points from those three games could put a different outcome on the end of the season. All round tonight I though everyone contributed and if there is any special mention then I think it has to go to Craig Halkett, who had a stormer of a game (you know when he is playing well because you can't hear people who sit round about you talking about his weight).

Absolutely; no frills, just basic solid. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's so obvious. 

We really shouldn't engage these posters. 

All over this place when ripping us, nothing when we win. 

Dead right. 

:yas::flag1:

Brilliant performance from the whole team!

Glad i got up early over here in NZ to watch that! Enjoyed every minute! Apart from ref trying to cheat them in to the semis! Got to say  i thought dikamona was immense though!

Hopefully we can meet st johnstone in the semis! Cmon saints!

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

The link up play and thoroughness on the ball wasn’t there as in previous games. Looked obvious to me but I may be wrong. Again, not great conditions though. 

There was a lot of really good link up play , everything was just more measured today so rather than 100 wee quick flicks for nothing , it was more effective. Imo of course 😉

Just home. Fantastic result. Fantastic performance. Well done to all Jambos who attended tonight and gave the team great backing.I thought the atmosphere created by all who made the effort to attend was brilliant and may you all enjoy your day at Hampden come April. Bring on the Vermin so we can hump them again. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

There was some pretty high pressing going on in the last quarter of the match. Halkett even did a Davie MacPherson

It felt to me we actually started to put them under the press more the longer the game went on apart from the obligatory last 5 mins when they just had to punt it long all the time.

i don’t know if anyone felt the same?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
19 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Absolutely; no frills, just basic solid. :thumbsup:

He hasn’t been experimenting though / he’s been trying to implement his style

If anything tonight, for Stendel, was an experiment.

part_time_jambo
50 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but appears Gerrard stormed up the tunnel at full time and didn’t shake hands with our coaches.

Toys well oot the pram! :rofl: 

I think all the Hearts staff were busy celebrating. Can't expect the LOSER to hang around until they are finished.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He hasn’t been experimenting though / he’s been trying to implement his style

If anything tonight, for Stendel, was an experiment.

Still maintained that high line combined with pressing game so, I'm sorry, I didn't see any experimenting tonight.  We would have been defending our 18 yard line previously.

This is the manager who had the best defensive record while playing gegenpress.

The difference was we played as a unit from Back to front.

7 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A ****in joke of a team, wish I hadn’t got a ticket. The fans who never got a ticket bet your glad our managers a *****

Arse! 

Tenaciousdandy

Great performance, Stendal got the tactics absolutely spot on and everyone played with grit and determination, hopefully can carry that performance onto the Derby and get off the bottom on Tuesday 

Cory McNamara
4 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Missed this one at the last minute as my bank account is barely above water, think now I wouldn’t have minded the overdraft charge

I hope your account will be as high as Niagara Falls. Enjoy this win.

50 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I think all the Hearts staff were busy celebrating. Can't expect the LOSER to hang around until they are finished.

when you put it like that :verysmug:

30 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

I hope your account will be as high as Niagara Falls. Enjoy this win.

Likewise! I’m sure I’ll enjoy the semi final win even more though 

Re the Gerrard up the tunnel chat....he waited for about 30 seconds or so but Daniel was still involved in the celebrations with staff and players..he then went up the tunnel and shortly after Daniel ran down the tunnel to catch him up

A total non story

Now as to what happens with Gerrard it may be a different story regarding do I stay or do I go.

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Re the Gerrard up the tunnel chat....he waited for about 30 seconds or so but Daniel was still involved in the celebrations with staff and players..he then went up the tunnel and shortly after Daniel ran down the tunnel to catch him up

A total non story

Now as to what happens with Gerrard it may be a different story regarding do I stay or do I go.

This, he praised us in the post match interview, regarding his future I honestly think the best thing he could do for his career is leave The Rangers for the English championship, celtic are miles ahead of them domestically.

Stendal on the other hand, I honestly believe he will keep us up and after a preseason and some players in and out we'll be fighting for a euro spot next season 

I believe that this was no surprise...Rangers have not beaten us in the cup at Tynecastle since 1957

As per the bbc stats

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Rangers in the 1st half were not good. In the 2nd half they were even worse.

Ally McCoist

:rofl:

And Ally McCoist knows a thing or 2 about dross rangers sides.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I believe that this was no surprise...Rangers have not beaten us in the cup at Tynecastle since 1957

As per the bbc stats

If that's correct, I was there.  I was there even if it isn't correct of course.  4-0 defeat.  Very disappointing.  Was sitting on the track with thousands of other kids.  Saw myself on the telly when Alex Scott took a corner near me.

Doesn't half make me feel old.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Was only repeating the rumour. Not got a strong opinion on it either way. 

I think it was a spurious Kickback rumour, Gin.

More than likely a load of shite. 👍

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

Aaron's vlog from earlier this evening. A wee change of seat, I'm told the term is scenes👍

Santa in the Huns end 🤣

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Repent!!!

I am on my knees bowing before you, i got it massively wrong. Please forgive me🙏

highlandjambo3

MORNING fellow jambos.............smug is the word.

Thought we were toast after the first 20 minutes but, we then rammed them dry for the rest of the game.

One thing stands out...........the sky pundits so wanted a cheek goal, the countdown for the last 20 minutes was un listenable........”this is a big 20 minutes for rangers..........this is a big 15 minutes for rangers” etc...etc..FFS......even right up into injury time....”what can rangers do in the closing minutes”, they just can’t help themselves.

Another point...... they went on and on about the handball in the box and how it was a second yellow (ok yes I get that) but, conveniently failed to mention had the ref given the handball and subsequent penalty for hearts then that corner would not have happened.

Anyway, the main thing is........get it right roond yi ya west coast weegie arse cheeks and, good bye Gerrard.

CornhillHearts
6 hours ago, Coolio said:

I really enjoy Aaron's vlog but this guy gives him a run for his money.

Was going to have a look, but it's been taken down before I got the chance  - now intrigued🤔 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 24/02/2020 at 21:08, Sir Gio said:

With a couple of weeks off and potentially only 4 home League matches left, an opportunity to knock out a Glasgow club from the competition. 

All rather low key thus far.

Forget the League,  another chance awaits to go the distance in our favourite competition. 

The last match against the toiling Weegies demonstrated this is a winnable tie.

We have a great Tynecastle record against them. 

Hopefully we get at least 13k for the game,  make some noise and have at least another Hampden date to salvage something positive from the season 

Pretty good OP I would say. 

Feeling particularly good this morning