***Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers FC Scottish Cup Quarter Final Tie Official Match Thread***

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not bad. 

But tbh we should be burying shite like rangers 3 or 4 nil. 

:jjyay:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Greedy Jambo

• GinRummy

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I thought that the last time we beat them.

This time will be different! 

Don't ask me why!

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

For the stattos: when did we last make 4 consecutive semis?

Be surprised if it isn’t a first though maybe team from late 50’s early 60’s. Too long ago to remember. (I was too young as well) 

3 minutes ago, henry said:

Looked solid tonight. Smith by far better playing at the back. Maybe need to move him to centre back now though if souttar out. 

I don’t get this clamour to move Smith to CH when Dikamona just gave a MOTM performance there!

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Be surprised if it isn’t a first though maybe team from late 50’s early 60’s. Too long ago to remember. (I was too young as well) 

Your username is obviously a lie! :wink:

Just now, Sarah O said:

:yas: :jjyay:

Not good for team morale.

You win together as a team, you lose together as a team.

Perhaps signs of dressing-room disharmony? The mainstream media will be all over this, I imagine. Not.

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Breaking Gerrard and making him leave would be glorious.

If they'd lost during the week as well he might well be walking. Hopefully Leverkusen will finish him off though.

41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think that was the case at all. We ditched the zonal marking, we kept our full backs deep, we held a deeper line and we didn't **** about with the ball or take risks. Surprise surprise we come away with a clean sheet. 

Exactly. For the first time under Stendel we played to the squads strengths and not to Stendels beliefs. Hat off to him for realising he needed to change things. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly. For the first time under Stendel we played to the squads strengths and not to Stendels beliefs. Hat off to him for realising he needed to change things. 

That postponement against st mirren has hopefully allowed us the time to re-think and regroup. Surely this time our victory will be a turning point. 

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Got you now. Saw that interview. 👍🏻

Not you but, absolute howler logically, in the light of that statement, just because a player isn't in 18, that he must be a grass.

Talk about infantile brain-mush.  

59 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Had a look. There's about 20 pages of one liners like "f!!!! pathietic" "clueless c...s" etc and another 20 wanting rid of Gerrard and all of the players, yet the Sun tries to ridicule Stendels training methods. Brilliant.

Goggles and a bit of rope is all that is needed to beat a Stevie G team. 

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Not you but, absolute howler logically, in the light of that statement, just because a player isn't in 18, that he must be a grass.

Talk about infantile brain-mush.  

Rumours are rumours but aye, the fact he wasn’t included might well be insignificant. 

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We still pressed high

Only the front four pressed tonight. In all previous Stendel games he has had everybody, including the keeper, pressing. Hence all the goals lost to breakaways. 

4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

A ****in joke of a team, wish I hadn’t got a ticket. The fans who never got a ticket bet your glad our managers a *****

4 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

No idea what the game plan is with that team. With Walker and Boyce on the bench and zero goals Washington playing its cleary not to win the game 

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If he’s focusing on the league with that team then fair enough.

if he thinks that’s the best team to beat Rangers he should pack his bag and leave us to it.

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s a weak line up . Damour 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That team is pish 

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Couple of shitebags in the middle of the park in damour and bozanic 

worried about their midfield over powering us.

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Damour

:facepalm:

Same feeling as when I saw Wighton named in the semi final starting line up.

4 hours ago, WADZ said:

We cannot prioritise any Match. We need wins. Wins breed confidence a defeat today and we go into Tuesday dreading it. That team is an absoloute joke. They're missing kamberi and Morelos and Hagi is on the bench. What an opportunity shame we will probably make an erse of it. Sick of seeing these line ups. Wish Naismith would just gtf aswell tbh.

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Capitulation before a ball is kicked. An abysmal team selection. 

3 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

That team ! 

We never keep a clean sheet ever and I have no idea where the goals are going to be created never mind scored from. 

An only see a pumping I'm afraid. 

Repent!!!

Edited by colinmaroon

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Repent!!!

YASSS!  Get the big **** wae the beard to sort the ******* out Colin. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, north wales jambo said:

Penyffordd pal.. going to have a sore head tomorrow 

Genuinely thought I was the only Jambo in North Wales! I’m in Penmaenmawr.

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That postponement against st mirren has hopefully allowed us the time to re-think and regroup. Surely this time our victory will be a turning point. 

Hope so

No, it came about when a wee team were 109 years since their last cup win. 

I guessed that. :food-smiley-004: It was a sad day when the ever-increasing number got reset to 0. Before that, it was a beautiful wind-up that constantly got under their skin.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Damour came onto a game 2nd half. Whole team in honesty were good, from 1 to 11.

I don't think we should forget the other 79 minutes.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Rumours are rumours but aye, the fact he wasn’t included might well be insignificant. 

Who are you referring to? 

14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

What are the rumours?

All sorts of shit about dressing room splits, Morelos being in a cream puff because they said they'd sell him and didn't (which going by Gerrard comments tonight, pretty much confirms that) some players not wanting to play for him. Seems like he's been trying to keep a lid on it all but it's becoming a bit overwhelming for him. They turn up in Europe because they are all playing for a move. 

32 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye we did. Though the defence held the line farther back and the mid/attack pressed high up the pitch. 

That's how I saw it, we weren't as compact as we have been recently, players spread a bit better over a larger space, but still pressing high.

Who are you referring to? 

There was a rumour earlier today that Uche had went to The Sun newspaper and complained about our unorthodox training methods. Then the fact he wasn’t in the squad added fuel to those rumours. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5334326/hearts-daniel-stendel-goggles-rope-training/

link to story. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

All sorts of shit about dressing room splits, Morelos being in a cream puff because they said they'd sell him and didn't (which going by Gerrard comments tonight, pretty much confirms that) some players not wanting to play for him. Seems like he's been trying to keep a lid on it all but it's becoming a bit overwhelming for him. They turn up in Europe because they are all playing for a move. 

Cheers

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There was a rumour earlier today that Uche had went to The Sun newspaper and complained about our unorthodox training methods. Then the fact he wasn’t in the squad added fuel to those rumours. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5334326/hearts-daniel-stendel-goggles-rope-training/

link to story. 

I doubt it's Uche tbh. What the **** would he know about training methods, the guy couldn't trap a brick. More likely someone sympathetic to the previous regime. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I doubt it's Uche tbh. What the **** would he know about training methods, the guy couldn't trap a brick. More likely someone sympathetic to the previous regime. 

Not saying it was Uche but he was sympathetic to old regime I’d have thought. Hasn’t played in his real position since levein left and clearly loved CL  

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

link to story. 

Nah, just like Gerrard's alleged non-handshake, I don't see it.

Just now, redjambo said:

Nah, just like Gerrard's alleged non-handshake, I don't see it.

Was only repeating the rumour. Not got a strong opinion on it either way. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Was only repeating the rumour. Not got a strong opinion on it either way. 

Yeah, I appreciate that.

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was absolutely immense second half. Couldn’t believe my eyes. Watched him in reserve game on Tuesday and he didn’t try a leg. Couldn’t believe he started but came on to a great game. Always thought there must be a player in there given his career to date, just taken him a while to show us. 

As always, some players take time to adjust to this league.  

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A lot of prominent posters who are all over the board when we’ve had a shite result have suddenly went to bed early. 🤔

:indeed:

Edited by Alex Kintner

All roads lead to Gorgie

Fantastic display from the team, we fought for everything and fully deserved that result despite the refs best efforts for Sevco. 

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A lot of prominent posters who are all over the board when we’ve had a shite result have suddenly went to bed early. 🤔

Maybe they're just enjoying a rare visit to a rangers forum. I hear they're quite entertaining this evening 😁

Edited by Smithee

portobellojambo1

Hopefully both the players and manager can take a lot of confidecne from that display today. Today we attacked when we had to and could do. But it was more organised today, suggesting that the manager has also learned from recent performances. Playing his style of football may work perfectly well in both Germany and England where players have a little more time to think when the ball is at their feet but up here it is played almost constantly at 100 mph and the ball spends a lot more time in the air. That in itself means you need to maintain a strong defensive line and that was a very apparent difference tonight, in that when we did go forward it wasn't 8 outfield players all going forward at once, the defensive set up wasn't compromised in any way. Today was definitely something to build on, and I'd be more than happy if the remaining games to be played this season all ended 1-0 in our favour. From here to the end of the season isn't the time for further experimentation, it is all about winning football matches. Following the result at St Mirren Park tonight we now know the immediate future, Easter Road Tuesday, home to Motherwell then away to St Mirren. Three winnable games, and depending on results elsewhere even 7 points from those three games could put a different outcome on the end of the season. All round tonight I though everyone contributed and if there is any special mention then I think it has to go to Craig Halkett, who had a stormer of a game (you know when he is playing well because you can't hear people who sit round about you talking about his weight).

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

The guy with the Beatles tag is quiet tonight.

Surprise, surprise.

See another thread (can't remember which one) for a very recent negative post about how we can beat Rangers but we don't know how to beat the likes of Hamilton yet, or some such.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

See another thread (can't remember which one) for a very recent negative post about how we can beat Rangers but we don't know how to beat the likes of Hamilton yet, or some such.

stendel one