Jump to content

The rise and fall of The SNP.


Zlatanable

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

That number will be the same but reversed FB

45% No

55% Yes

Even a daftie can see it.

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.  Fact is no-one knows

 

A lot could happen between now and another vote, if there even is another vote.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Space Mackerel

    454

  • jack D and coke

    254

  • ri Alban

    232

  • Smithee

    185

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Fun Boaby said:

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.  Fact is no-one knows

 

A lot could happen between now and another vote, if there even is another vote.

Oh there will be another vote Boaby, you can take that to the bank (the Scottish savings and investment bank).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Its not an issue in that we have options that Scotgov have already expressed. We use Sterling in the first year or two then create our own currency when the economic tests have been met. They have already started the process with creating a Scottish investment bank.
But, it gets blown up by the No side as a vote breaking issue and because they bang on about it (& its repeated in the unionist media), the seed of doubt is planted. Same as the Brexit fiasco. Someone above mentioned a poll in 2014 where 1% of people thought the EU was an issue. Introduce the ERG and the unionist media and BOOM!!’ Suddenly its priority number 1 for the masses. 
Their narrative, adopted & endorsed. 
A non-issue that became a big issue. 
This is what happened to the Sots currency question. 

That's what I can't understand when all the unionists go on and on about 'resolving the currency issue. The SNP have already said that we would use sterling in the short to medium term. After that the,aim would be to move to our own currency. Not sure what else has to be explained

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

That's what I can't understand when all the unionists go on and on about 'resolving the currency issue. The SNP have already said that we would use sterling in the short to medium term. After that the,aim would be to move to our own currency. Not sure what else has to be explained

 

And what if the UK Gov and Bank of England says no you cannot use it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

And what if the UK Gov and Bank of England says no you cannot use it? 

There is nothing to stop any country using sterling. Tied to the BOE is another matter. We already have pounds though and they are in circulation. 
Ireland used the punt (which for all intents and purposes was a pound) for years. Their economy took off when they binned it funnily enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There is nothing to stop any country using sterling. Tied to the BOE is another matter. We already have pounds though and they are in circulation. 
Ireland used the punt (which for all intents and purposes was a pound) for years. Their economy took off when they binned it funnily enough. 

Ahem....

 

http://www.lyddonconsulting.com/uk-still-on-the-hook-for-eur19-4-billion-of-irelands-financial-bailout-money-until-2042/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There is nothing to stop any country using sterling. Tied to the BOE is another matter. We already have pounds though and they are in circulation. 
Ireland used the punt (which for all intents and purposes was a pound) for years. Their economy took off when they binned it funnily enough. 

 

Surely with no central bank of our own and with out the reserves to create one if the BoE says call it whatever you want but we are not underwriting it then it will be worthless will it not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

And what if the UK Gov and Bank of England says no you cannot use it? 

they said no the last time the SNP waffled on about how they would run things

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

What’s ahem about that? Countries all

owe money and Ireland has paid back large amounts of it. Britain only recently paid back WW2 debt to USA and paid off slave owners from the 1800’s, we’re up to our fecking eyeballs an all. Ireland needed the money and Britain had good reason for helping. They’re making a lot of interest out of it. Loans kinda work that way. 
That’s not what I was getting at anyway, their economy transformed after they stopped pegging their punt (pound) to Sterling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

And what if the UK Gov and Bank of England says no you cannot use it? 

Come on don't be an arse. You know fine well that we can use whatever currency we want. You unionists don't do yourselves any favours by ignoring facts. Donald Trump would be proud of you

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

they said no the last time the SNP waffled on about how they would run things

Total lies 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Corbyn confirmed as ****ing scum.

 

Which comes as no surprise to anyone.

Nice relevant point, well done

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

What’s ahem about that? Countries all

owe money and Ireland has paid back large amounts of it. Britain only recently paid back WW2 debt to USA and paid off slave owners from the 1800’s, we’re up to our fecking eyeballs an all. Ireland needed the money and Britain had good reason for helping. They’re making a lot of interest out of it. Loans kinda work that way. 
That’s not what I was getting at anyway, their economy transformed after they stopped pegging their punt (pound) to Sterling. 

Fair enough

 

Depends on how success is measured I suppose.  I see a Country who ditched their currency and needed a bailout something like 7 or 8 years later.  Maybe  they would've needed it regardless of whether it was punts or euros.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Fair enough

 

Depends on how success is measured I suppose.  I see a Country who ditched their currency and needed a bailout something like 7 or 8 years later.  Maybe  they would've needed it regardless of whether it was punts or euros.

Quite possibly mate. All countries needed bailed out though during that in all honesty and the U.K. will make money on the loan. It wasn’t for free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

indeed this is total lies

Finally a unionist that acknowledges their lies. I'm proud of you

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

Same, just wanted to throw some more possibilities out there, for balance's sake

 

 

And that's why I asked him to clarify, because I don't think it's his intent to do that.

 

 

 My apologies if the subject matter is too complex for you mate :sad: Not my intent

 

Just can’t help the snide and patronising dig can you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Surely with no central bank of our own and with out the reserves to create one if the BoE says call it whatever you want but we are not underwriting it then it will be worthless will it not?

 

Underwriting what exactly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, weehammy said:

Just can’t help the snide and patronising dig can you?

 

21 hours ago, weehammy said:

the gobbledygook of your last paragraph notwithstanding.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

 

Underwriting what exactly?

Does America have a central bank?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Does America have a central bank?

Just a “glass ceiling” that get raised a few hundred Billion Dollars every year!

 

”FIRE UP THE PRINTER DON”!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Just a “glass ceiling” that get raised a few hundred Billion Dollars every year!

 

”FIRE UP THE PRINTER DON”!!!

😄Central Bank and currency is to scare the natives. It works on some. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
A Boy Named Crow
14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Surely with no central bank of our own and with out the reserves to create one if the BoE says call it whatever you want but we are not underwriting it then it will be worthless will it not?

 

We're told Scotland would be up for its share of UK debt. Surely then Scotland would also get its share of UK reserves?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
6 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

 

We're told Scotland would be up for its share of UK debt. Surely then Scotland would also get its share of UK reserves?

BOOM!!!

 

(Unless you're a unionist then Scotland gets ALL the debt and NONE of the reserves...just coz eh!).

 

Oh and an Indy Scotland wont get EastEnders either OK.

 

NEXT!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, XB52 said:

Finally a unionist that acknowledges their lies. I'm proud of you

john swinney says,

 

"Speaking about the travel restrictions, he said: "We are trying to say to people 'err on the side of caution and stay within your local authority area' because people moving round the country creates the bridges and the possibilities of the spread of the virus."

 

so shipping vulnerable people with covid around the country to mingle with even more vulnerable people would be at least culpable homicide or indeed up there at the Harold shipman level.

 

lie your way out of that "it was the English" is not an excuse

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Does America have a central bank?

 

The Federal Reserve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

BOOM!!!

 

(Unless you're a unionist then Scotland gets ALL the debt and NONE of the reserves...just coz eh!).

 

Oh and an Indy Scotland wont get EastEnders either OK.

 

NEXT!

I know you’re only joking but if the bbc split between Scotland and the rest of the uk we could hopefully bin some of the Londoncentric shite we have to put up with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
coconut doug
33 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

The Federal Reserve. 

 

This is a private Rothschild bank that doesn't,t underwrite anything as far as I know.  I doubt anybody could underwrite the debt of the USA  but I would be interested to know what function the fed provides for the USA that Scotland could not provide for itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, reaths17 said:

john swinney says,

 

"Speaking about the travel restrictions, he said: "We are trying to say to people 'err on the side of caution and stay within your local authority area' because people moving round the country creates the bridges and the possibilities of the spread of the virus."

 

so shipping vulnerable people with covid around the country to mingle with even more vulnerable people would be at least culpable homicide or indeed up there at the Harold shipman level.

 

lie your way out of that "it was the English" is not an excuse

Are you totally insane or just a brain dead unionist troll????  If you can read English then can you please explain what your post has to do with Scotland using the pound???? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Are you totally insane or just a brain dead unionist troll????  If you can read English then can you please explain what your post has to do with Scotland using the pound???? 

It was a bizarre post, but TBF the union is becoming increasingly difficult to defend, I'd probably be struggling to make sense too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

The Federal Reserve. 

So the USA have the Federal Reserve and UK has the bank of England. Both have trillions of debt and makes no difference. Scotland has no debt and can use any currency it wants.

 

Appears to be that if you have a central bank or reserve and a currency you can be as profligate as you wish! New economics required.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

So the USA have the Federal Reserve and UK has the bank of England. Both have trillions of debt and makes no difference. Scotland has no debt and can use any currency it wants.

 

Appears to be that if you have a central bank or reserve and a currency you can be as profligate as you wish! New economics required.

 

Well there is new economics. MMT (Modern monetary Theory) look it up and watch some stuff on it it’s pretty interesting. 
Deficit’s take on a new meaning when you understand what a deficit actually is. You really don’t want a surplus which is strange when you’re told deficit is bad. People throw around the debt thing like we’re ever going to pay it back too. It will never be paid back and you will never see interest rate rises again the way things stand. Welcome to negative interest rates is the way it’s going. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Well there is new economics. MMT (Modern monetary Theory) look it up and watch some stuff on it it’s pretty interesting. 
Deficit’s take on a new meaning when you understand what a deficit actually is. You really don’t want a surplus which is strange when you’re told deficit is bad. People throw around the debt thing like we’re ever going to pay it back too. It will never be paid back and you will never see interest rate rises again the way things stand. Welcome to negative interest rates is the way it’s going. 
 

It appears to be ok for some to ask questions of Scotland when they can't even answer for the current situation! As you say the debt will never be paid but you could can narrow deficits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105

Yesterday showed how bereft of quality the snp are when Swinney is deputy to Queen Nicky - Jean the invisible health secretary out her depth - the economy secretary looks like she is just back from the bingo and then there is the Finance girl who yaps on excitedly about what the tories are doing wrong without any substance or alternatives. Mike Russell and Fatty Blackford - dear god.

Scotland needs to wake up or sleep walk into disaster with these imposters - I think recent decisions on handling the tiers is opening peoples eyes to the cult.

:greggy:

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
On 29/10/2020 at 22:02, Roxy Hearts said:

Does America have a central whank?

YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
56 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yesterday showed how bereft of quality the snp are when Swinney is deputy to Queen Nicky - Jean the invisible health secretary out her depth - the economy secretary looks like she is just back from the bingo and then there is the Finance girl who yaps on excitedly about what the tories are doing wrong without any substance or alternatives. Mike Russell and Fatty Blackford - dear god.

Scotland needs to wake up or sleep walk into disaster with these imposters - I think recent decisions on handling the tiers is opening peoples eyes to the cult.

:greggy:

Name calling is going to solve our problems right enough. The cult of UK is flourishing on here! Must be brutal having a closed mind with no confidence in Scotland's people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Space Mackerel
On 29/10/2020 at 08:24, Ron Burgundy said:

Surely if they can't sort the currency issue out all these years on it shows a complete lack of forethought for when/if  they get independence.

I'd expect a solid plan of how we would go forward beforehand rather than just wing it once it happens.

The problem is the SNP won't give a shit what happens after they achieve their goal. They will have the sole thing they wanted to achieve and then to hell with the consequences. They exist for independence, nothing else.


Pay attention 😊

 

SNP members change leadership's currency plan https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48069470

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nucky Thompson

GIRUY Peter Murrell and Ian Blackford ya Hibs welts.

 

Blackford will be sitting in his conservatory in Skye greeting into his Hibs memorabilia :rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
strappingjock

Two items.

 

1 With no central bank we cannot join the EU. We need stable history before they will look at us.  With BOE calling the shots what can we do?

 

2  Exchange rates. We have twice screwed ourselves in the past.   We got £400,000 ( at the then rate )  for handing over our king to Cromwell.  60 years later we go a similar amount in settlement after the Darien fiasco. We had to give up our independence to survive.

 

Anyone think we can do better this time when the neighbour is much more powerful in the world than we are.

Edited by strappingjock
accident
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, strappingjock said:

Two items.

 

1 With no central bank we cannot join the EU. We need stable history before they will look at us.  With BOE calling the shots what can we do?

 

2  Exchange rates. We have twice screwed ourselves in the past.   We got £400,000 ( at the then rate )  for handing over our king to Cromwell.  60 years later we go a similar amount in settlement after the Darien fiasco. We had to give up our independence to survive.

 

Anyone think we can do better this time when the neighbour is much more powerful in the world than we are.

Mate, bloody hell, there's scrambling in the dark then there's bringing up the fallout from the 300+ year old Darian scheme as proof we couldn't deal with independence, thats ridiculous!

 

As for the central bank, well we'll probably start one. It's not exactly an impossible task, an independent nation starting a Bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
manaliveits105
23 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

GIRUY Peter Murrell and Ian Blackford ya Hibs welts.

 

Blackford will be sitting in his conservatory in Skye greeting into his Hibs memorabilia :rofl:

Well said 

FTH 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh

Are all the SNP acolytes on here totally at ease and comfortable with Humza Yousaf's new Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
On 01/11/2020 at 20:12, Smithee said:

Mate, bloody hell, there's scrambling in the dark then there's bringing up the fallout from the 300+ year old Darian scheme as proof we couldn't deal with independence, thats ridiculous!

 

As for the central bank, well we'll probably start one. It's not exactly an impossible task, an independent nation starting a Bank.

Already started a Scottish National Savings & Investment bank. Wouldnt be too difficult to take the next step. Fairly sure the last governer of the Bank of England said Scottish financial institutions are collectively worth “North of £2 TRILLION pounds”. 
Canny dae it though eh!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are all the SNP acolytes on here totally at ease and comfortable with Humza Yousaf's new Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill? 

 

You could try not poisoning the well with this "SNP acolytes" pish, you butcher's apron lover (see?).

 

I say that because it has potential to be a serious question. That said, did you have any specific concern? What you've posted is very vague, and at a glance this doesn't look any different than any other UK hate crime stuff I've seen.

 

For me, I don't like any of it, and have argued that hate crime laws tend to harm the groups in question more than if the laws did not exist. But compared to other such legislation I don't see anything glaringly worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Roxy Hearts
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are all the SNP acolytes on here totally at ease and comfortable with Humza Yousaf's new Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill? 

What does it state? Is it "verminous? Not got a clue! You wouldn't agree with him if he gave you £20.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What does it state? Is it "verminous? Not got a clue! You wouldn't agree with him if he gave you £20.

 

:rofl: Eloquent response. Seriously are you not concerned by this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Justin Z said:

 

You could try not poisoning the well with this "SNP acolytes" pish, you butcher's apron lover (see?).

 

 

 

It's only referring to them as followers not really understanding your angst or reference to being a butchers apron lover. Perhaps you're a little strung out with worry in case Trump gets a second term. Who knows, who cares. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

It's only referring to them as followers not really understanding your angst or reference to being a butchers apron lover. Perhaps you're a little strung out with worry in case Trump gets a second term. Who knows, who cares. 

 

And seeing as you didn't respond to my actual question, or addressed the substance of my response, we can all safely assume you didn't actually have a point beyond SNP Bad. Thanks for confirming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

It's only referring to them as followers not really understanding your angst or reference to being a butchers apron lover. Perhaps you're a little strung out with worry in case Trump gets a second term. Who knows, who cares. 

Are there many SNP "acolytes" on here? One or two maybe, but not a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...