The rise and fall of The SNP.

frankblack
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

To be honest that would only be an improvement.  However, I think they are willing to see how these problems for the SNP play out in the lead up to the Holyrood elections.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• Smithee

• manaliveits105

• jack D and coke

JDK2020
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Anyone think the WM government will try and use the current situation to shut down Holyrood and end devolution  ? 

We can live in hope, it's just a bloody circus these days.

17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

No. 

JDK2020
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

To be honest that would only be an improvement.  However, I think they are willing to see how these problems for the SNP play out in the lead up to the Holyrood elections.

As they say(ish) - if the opposition is making a howling arse of things, don't interrupt.

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That would be a step to far.

Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, luckydug said:

No going back on devolution, just like the constitution.

That's why we have to be very careful to what we wish for.

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That would be a step to far.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

No going back on devolution, just like the constitution.

That's why we have to be very careful to what we wish for.

Gorgeous George has called for it already. All the hoose jocks calling us tinpot and a banana republic denigrating our Parliament. 
I see it all over Twitter and FB too. A LOT of “Scots” would be delighted if they shut it down let’s not kid ourselves. 
It took over a century for them to give us a wee glorified council to kiddy on it was a government but only after they tried to rig it so that that’s all it would ever be. Don’t forget the scare mongering before devolution too, basically saying the same things would happen as they do about full independence. 
Gove has recently mentioned keeping money back from the SG going forward too. 
I’m really not 100% convinced they wont and that plenty wouldnt be absolutely delighted about it. 

Boy Daniel

John Swinney has admitted ‘reservations were raised’ around the legality of the prior contact between the investigating officer and the complainants as early as October 2018 during the judicial review action brought by Alex Salmond.

The case was eventually conceded in January 2019 on the grounds the harassment complaints process was “tainted by apparent bias” due to the prior contact.

The admission raises further questions around why the Scottish Government continued to fight the judicial review despite this advice.

Edited by Boy Daniel
Boy Daniel

It comes as Geoff Aberdein, Alex Salmond’s former chief of staff, released a statement on Twitter about the non-publication of his evidence to the committee.

He said he was “disappointed and dismayed” at the suggestion of “opposing camps” within the SNP, but the publication of his evidence was “entirely a matter for Parliament”.

Mr Aberdein said: “I was informed by clerks of the committee in January of this year that for legal reasons they had taken the decision not to publish my submission in any form.

"This position was reiterated to me by the clerks today and I will not put myself in a position of contravening these legal considerations.

"I am very disappointed and dismayed at the prominent narrative of ‘opposing camps’ as far as the SNP is concerned.

"That does not reflect my experience of advising the SNP and Scottish Government.”

The publication of the legal advice also follows revelations in the Scottish Sun that permanent secretary Leslie Evans may have destroyed her notes of a ‘secret meeting’ between her and the First Minister in November 2018.

The paper reports that testimony to a commission on diligence from Ms Evans stated that while she takes notes from meetings with the First Minister, she destroys her notebooks once they are full.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

That's right, a FM conspiring with others to have the previous FM, her colleague of 30 years, confidante, political partner and mentor slung in jail, whilst defying court orders to release files, is just an everyday occurrence of politicians behaving like politicians. 😆

You must be a mere youngster. Do some reading on the history of British politics and British politicians. You will be surprised how tame this stooshie is compared to many others involving all the British major political parties.

49 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Gorgeous George has called for it already. All the hoose jocks calling us tinpot and a banana republic denigrating our Parliament. 
I see it all over Twitter and FB too. A LOT of “Scots” would be delighted if they shut it down let’s not kid ourselves. 
It took over a century for them to give us a wee glorified council to kiddy on it was a government but only after they tried to rig it so that that’s all it would ever be. Don’t forget the scare mongering before devolution too, basically saying the same things would happen as they do about full independence. 
I’m really not 100% convinced they wont and that plenty wouldnt be absolutely delighted about it. 

Any Scot that is of that view put forward that the Scottish Parliament should be closed, should be met with derision and contempt. It isn't even an acceptable view in my book. 

Edited by Cruyff
JDK2020
17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You must be a mere youngster. Do some reading on the history of British politics and British politicians. You will be surprised how tame this stooshie is compared to many others involving all the British major political parties.

I wish.

But we're talking about the here and now, in the biggest thing to hit Scottish politics for decades, not casting back years or decades.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to play it down to just another everyday political spat not worth bothering about.

Well, actually I can...

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every step still difficult 

Think the FM was hoping to keep the Wolffe from the door

Boy Daniel
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Jackie Baillie is not holding back and has him rather rattled.

Is this on tv at all

JDK2020

FFS, that's the Lord Advocate?

He's a bumbling fool.

No wonder wee Nippy gives him the runaround to do her bidding.  :clyay:

Maroon Sailor

Lord Advocate Wolff is showing signs of being an angry bear

Baillie is under his skin

Mikey1874

Salmond submission in full to the Ministerial Code inquiry 

luckydug
46 minutes ago, steve123 said:

James Matthews (@jamesmatthewsky) / Twitter

Pushing ahead with no confidence vote until all information released.

If enough information is released to get the Green party back onside then the vote of confidence would become a waste of time imo. 

Like it or not the Green Party hold the balance of power. 

JDK2020
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

"  “Scots”   "  :jj_facepalm:

:clyay:

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

This guy is a clown and Sturgeon puppet.

Switched it off

He was all over the place at times. Ums and errs galore. Not very fluent in his replies.

JDK2020
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Switched it off

He was all over the place at times. Ums and errs galore. Not very fluent in his replies.

James Wolffe and David Harvie both. No wonder the "Clown Office" is being viewed with such contempt.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If enough information is released to get the Green party back onside then the vote of confidence would become a waste of time imo. 

Like it or not the Green Party hold the balance of power. 

This is true

Harvie has turned it in to the Slimy Green Party

JackLadd
1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This is true

Harvie has turned it in to the Slimy Green Party

He is a slimebag.

luckydug
48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any Scot that is of that view put forward that the Scottish Parliament should be closed, should be met with derision and contempt. It isn't even an acceptable view in my book. 

It also runs the risk of 'troubles' and would be a cynical plot to divide the people of Scotland who voted overwhelmingly for devolution. 

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

"  “Scots”   "  :jj_facepalm:

:clyay:

People who’d close the Scottish Parliament down ain’t Scots. They’re brits. 
Sorry if that rustles your jimmys. 

Maroon Sailor

Looks like they messed with the wrong guy in Salmond.

His ego should've been enough of a warning sign to make sure he had no comeback

Complete pot mess as seems to be the case

JDK2020

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

People who’d close the Scottish Parliament down ain’t Scots. They’re brits. 
Sorry if that rustles your jimmys. 

not at all, chaps like you amuse me.

Edited by JDK2020
jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I’m extremely good company I’m well aware of that☺️

Boy Daniel

Wolffe trying to bum up his Crown Agents which is very telling. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:
26 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

:D

Boy Daniel

No bumbling in his answer to Stuart Mitchell(?) Reckon he new that question was coming? 

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

No bumbling in his answer to Stuart Mitchell(?) Reckon he new that question was coming? 

Nor to the other SNP members where he gave a free flowing response. Jackie Baillie on the other hand just wouldn't let go and had him tied up in knots.

58 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It also runs the risk of 'troubles' and would be a cynical plot to divide the people of Scotland who voted overwhelmingly for devolution. 

Without a doubt. It would be anti Democratic. 

Boy Daniel
42 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Nor to the other SNP members where he gave a free flowing response. Jackie Baillie on the other hand just wouldn't let go and had him tied up in knots.

It was very noticeable. Surely he would not have be given prior knowledge of the questions 😉

JDK2020
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Well, you seem to think so at least so that's a start. 👍😄

JDK2020
49 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

The SNP "participants" and the SNP commission leader are a complete joke. Like their party as a whole TBH.

Wait to see the pussyfooting around Nicola tomorrow.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Well, you seem to think so at least so that's a start. 👍😄

Ach...I don’t nornally like to toot my own horn but you said yourself I’m amusing🙋🏽‍♂️
Tell me something I don’t know. 🤷🏽‍♂️

argyjambo
10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He's full of shit. He's self diagnosed and wouldn't know autism if it slapped him in the face. 

I self diagnosed as having tourettes, but then I asked my doctor  and she told me my language was just fecking terrible. 

Who knew Tourettes was contagious? 😁

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Who knew Tourettes was contagious? 😁

feck knows 

Edited by manaliveits105