The rise and fall of The SNP.

Footballfirst

Sarah Smith can't help herself either. After being rebuked a couple of days ago after saying that AS has said that NS should resign, she modified that position in tonight's national news, now saying that AS had said that NS could have to resign.

She knows exactly what AS said, i.e that it wasn't for him to say what should happen, but she chose to misquote AS once again.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Peakybunnet
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sarah Smith can't help herself either. After being rebuked a couple of days ago after saying that AS has said that NS should resign, she modified that position in tonight's national news, now saying that AS had said that NS could have to resign.

She knows exactly what AS said, i.e that it wasn't for him to say what should happen, but she chose to misquote AS once again.

The "British" Broadcasting Corporation at its best. 

How many proven lies has Boris made?

12 minutes ago, Candy said:

Popcorn for breakfast it is.

Whatever happens to the SNP, should they rise or fall, getting rid of that nasty wee megalomaniac can only make Scotland a better place.

Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

The "British" Broadcasting Corporation at its best. 

How many proven lies has Boris made?

Yes, the burning question on everyone's lips tonight.:gok:

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Don't think there is any love lost between Smith and Sturgeon

19 minutes ago, Candy said:

Popcorn for breakfast it is.

Whatever happens to the SNP, should they rise or fall, getting rid of that nasty wee megalomaniac can only make Scotland a better place.

It's still a sad situation that Sturgeon is under pressure over mostly technicalities (Murrell etc face more difficult questions).

But as many as a 1000 people die after contracting Covid in hospital and no one is facing resignations. 

If she had just admitted the case was comprimised and her sole thoughts were in protecting the women she would have been ok, however she did not she went after Salmond...

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Here's a question, hypothetical as it is. Even the non-SNP crew can pitch in...as I'm nice that way.

Say Sturgeon went(I don't think she will, but I'm not that involved with it all), who would you seriously consider as a "capable" replacement?

Indy supporters I appreciate aren't tied to the individual. More the vessel which to lead the party to independence. But surely, you don't want an utter spangle put in place, that might even see polling dip back down & put a referendum in the balance? Who're the front runners? Would Mhairi Black drop her cushy Westminster salary & benefits for a shot, for instance? Would Blackford...?!

Non-Indy's: Is there anyone you'd think about at least listening to what a new leader had to say? Or is it the case, every SNP member is tainted?

Who cares.

It's always said leaders are so great. Indispensable even. But there are always capable replacements. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Here's a question, hypothetical as it is. Even the non-SNP crew can pitch in...as I'm nice that way.

Say Sturgeon went(I don't think she will, but I'm not that involved with it all), who would you seriously consider as a "capable" replacement?

Indy supporters I appreciate aren't tied to the individual. More the vessel which to lead the party to independence. But surely, you don't want an utter spangle put in place, that might even see polling dip back down & put a referendum in the balance? Who're the front runners? Would Mhairi Black drop her cushy Westminster salary & benefits for a shot, for instance? Would Blackford...?!

Non-Indy's: Is there anyone you'd think about at least listening to what a new leader had to say? Or is it the case, every SNP member is tainted?

Its a very shallow talent pool. No SNP MSP's are as accomplished as Sturgeon.  Maybe some of the Westminster lot, probably Angus Robertson.

Mhairi Black would fall on her arse having to actually take some responsibility instead of sniping from the sidelines occasionally 

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Its a very shallow talent pool. No SNP MSP's are as accomplished as Sturgeon.  Maybe some of the Westminster lot, probably Angus Robertson.

Mhairi Black would fall on her arse having to actually take some responsibility instead of sniping from the sidelines occasionally 

Joanna Cherry.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Anybody that puts governing Scotland above anything else.

That's what they are supposed to be elected to do but the vessel the SNP ride on has got Independence written on the side. It's a double edged sword with them but only one point.

Too many people vote SNP that has nothing to do with their policies, that's why chief opportunists like Sturgeon get a free ride.

I think her power mad nodding head may eventually be her downfall.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Joanna Cherry.

They may take a risk and go with a younger model in Kate Forbes who has impressed since she got landed with the finance job.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Always hated Salmond, still do.

Hate Sturgeon, even more so now.

However, beyond those two the SNP have a real dearth of talent, which is why Sturgeon is always all over everything herself to keep her ministers (minions) out of the limelight (which in a significant way is why she has developed such a magalomania. I couldn't see a single one of them as a first minister in her place. 

So why did the Scottish Government previously refuse to publish this legal advice they have now published?

'Its the cover up that brings you down'.

At that stage seeking mediation was a reasonable approach. But might have been ruled out by the procedure.

The Committee still need to focus on things like this. Not whether Sturgeon has lied. 

16 minutes ago, steve123 said:

If she had just admitted the case was comprimised and her sole thoughts were in protecting the women she would have been ok, however she did not she went after Salmond...

Why did she go after him though?

Been reading she wanted him jailed and don’t understand why?

1 minute ago, Candy said:

If there is to be a new FM, they need shown the job description.

Stick to administering the powers devolved from Westminster.

Its get Independence all or nothing. 

Just now, theshed said:

Me 2 movement 'deeply moved' her. 

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

I honestly don't know, over inflated ego or forgetting who helped you on the way up and probably was in the best place to bring you back down again.

Salmond is no saint but she was in his inner circle for so long and was a bit silly to underestimate him.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, theshed said:

Salmond is a sleazeball, even by the admission by his own QC, who described his conduct as "inappropriate", although not criminal.

NS will defend her actions by arguing that she was only trying to to do her best for the complainers. Also that none of this would have happened if AS hadn't acted inappropriately towards women.

10 minutes ago, Candy said:

If there is to be a new FM, they need shown the job description.

Stick to administering the powers devolved from Westminster.

The SNP are a one issue party. They are only meant to be a temporary government until independence was achieved. If they stop trying to achieve independence or don’t believe it possible then they should cease to exist and allow another pro Independence Party to form. 

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Salmond is a sleazeball, even by the admission by his own QC, who described his conduct as "inappropriate", although not criminal.

NS will defend her actions by arguing that she was only trying to to do her best for the complainers. Also that none of this would have happened if AS hadn't acted inappropriately towards women.

Doesn’t excuse her for breaking the ministerial code, no matter how well her intentions. 

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Agree with it all, but she has let her government become compromised and the external solicitors notes are telling alot of the Scottish public have felt the same for a long time.

Edited by steve123

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

The SNP are a one issue party. They are only meant to be a temporary government until independence was achieved. If they stop trying to achieve independence or don’t believe it possible then they should cease to exist and allow another pro Independence Party to form. 

They've done an excellent job in whipping up support with their style of football scarf politics, where style over substance garners support.

It may yet be enough to see them over the line to independence, but their recent riding roughshod over those who get in their way could certainly stunt their progress

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The heart of the matter imo. 

I say this as an Independence supporter if that man gets back into a

meaningful role in the SNP I will never vote for them again. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

The heart of the matter imo. 

I say this as an Independence supporter if that man gets back into a

meaningful role in the SNP I will never vote for them again. 

Tough one though when he was found not guilty on all charges by a jury. 

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I can say with absolute statistical certainty that some SNP members are child abusers.

What then for Sturgeon? Where is the moral crusade going to take us? 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tough one though when he was found not guilty on all charges by a jury. 

Not guilty of criminal charges (beyond a reasonable doubt). 

As ever in sexual offences, the only people present are normally the alleged assailant and the alleged victim.  If there is no evidence of violence then it becomes difficult to prove. He said, she said. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

As ever in sexual offences, the only people present are normally the alleged assailant and the alleged victim.  If there is no evidence of violence then it becomes difficult to prove. He said, she said. 

Careful he was cleared in a court of law, whether we believe it or not.

The only people to blame for this mess are the Scottish Government and their procedures which is quite honestly flabergasting given the level of expertise (highly paid people) they have.

This appeared on FB a little under an hour ago...

Words damage. Actions hurt. Bullying kills.
At no time is bullying ok at any age and within any organisation.
I will say tonight. Anyone that supports the latest revelations please remove yourself from my page quietly.
A hard working , caring individual being pushed to her limit.
Princess Diana. Mary queen of Scots. Anyone threatening the high and mighty establishment is subject to this kind of behaviour.
My family and i are in bits tonight.
I am trying so hard to stay professional here but I cannot stand this.
The man that helped her reach her dream has helped destroy her.
I hope he can sleep at night and all his unionist chums

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No evidence of any sexual offences by Alex Salmond. 

If you want to continue to say that fair enough. 

The existence of inappropriate behaviour towards women is certainly an issue in our society.

I suppose its worth considering that NS probably knows a lot more about these allegations than she's allowed to say, for obvious reasons. 

Anyway, this all looks like it's going to peter put, despite the best intentions of Sarah Sthmith. 

3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I will say tonight. Anyone that supports the latest revelations please remove yourself from my page quietly.
Princess Diana. Mary queen of Scots. Anyone threatening the high and mighty establishment is subject to this kind of behaviour.

Not sure whether fake or not and I do feel a bit sorry for her but she has been let down by her team, any senior leader chief executive etc will tell you they have overall responsibility.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No evidence of any sexual offences by Alex Salmond. 

If you want to continue to say that fair enough. 

The existence of inappropriate behaviour towards women is certainly an issue in our society.

Even an inept Crown Office would probably argue that the complainers' testimonies were evidence of sexual offences having been committed.  That is what gets tested in court.

The verdict is about proof or otherwise of a crime being committed, based on the evidence submitted.

If AS is so certain of the Crown Office's part in a conspiracy to have him jailed, then you might think he would consider making a claim against the Lord Advocate for malicious prosecution.

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

At that stage seeking mediation was a reasonable approach. But might have been ruled out by the procedure.

The Committee still need to focus on things like this. Not whether Sturgeon has lied. 

Are you really saying that whether the FM has lied or not is irrelevant ?

Madness if so or are you really of the opinion she can lie she wants....'Nicola Surgeon lies when she wants' and so on and on

If she lied she's gone no ifs buts or maybe's

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Even an inept Crown Office would probably argue that the complainers' testimonies were evidence of sexual offences having been committed.  That is what gets tested in court.

The verdict is about proof or otherwise of a crime being committed, based on the evidence submitted.

If AS is so certain of the Crown Office's part in a conspiracy to have him jailed, then you might think he would consider making a claim against the Lord Advocate for malicious prosecution.

Depends what mean by  evidence.

Accusations is more accurately describing the situation.

If someone prominent used your words though they would be facing court action. Defamation at least. 

7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not sure whether fake or not and I do feel a bit sorry for her but she has been let down by her team, any senior leader chief executive etc will tell you they have overall responsibility.

It seems real enough. BTW, it's not from NS, but her sister

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Are you really saying that whether the FM has lied or not is irrelevant ?

Madness if so or are you really of the opinion she can lie she wants....'Nicola Surgeon lies when she wants' and so on and on

If she lied she's gone no ifs buts or maybe's

Remit of the Committee is to investigate the process, what went wrong and how to fix it. Not whether she lied. 

There is a separate investigation into Ministerial code quoted earlier by Salmond in his submission. Covers the lying. 

3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Yea thought it would be someone close, her support network is just crumbling and it is normally the people at the top that fall at times through no fault of their own.

Edited by steve123

2 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

A commonly held view of the diety that is Nicola.

Care home deaths pending.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Yea thought it would be someone close, her support network is just crumbling and it is normally the people t the top that fall at times through no fault of their own.

No fault of their own?

Whit?

Who's fault is it?

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Remit of the Committee is to investigate the process, what went wrong and how to fix it. Not whether she lied. 

There is a separate investigation into Ministerial code quoted earlier by Salmond in his submission. Covers the lying. 

Well from the uneducated eye she had very well paid people advising her very badly ..

Just now, JDK2020 said:

No fault of their own?

Whit?

Who's fault is it?

I am trying to be diplomatic, if she did indeed know of all the revelations coming out now then she deserves jail !!

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Well from the uneducated eye she had very well paid people advising her very badly ..

From my eye, she has paid people very well to hold certain positions then basically inveigled them into conspiracies to lie and corrupt to her agenda.

21 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

What revelations is she talking about?

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Depends what mean by  evidence.

Accusations is more accurately describing the situation.

If someone prominent used your words though they would be facing court action. Defamation at least. 

From a Press and Journal article:

The lawyer, who was representing the former first minister and at that point was dean of the Faculty of Advocates, appeared to say Mr Salmond could be seen as “a sex pest but he’s not charged with that”.

He also appeared to identify two of his client’s accusers, despite their anonymity being protected.

From a Daily Mail article:

In the video, allegedly filmed during the first week of Salmond's trial and leaked to the Sunday Times, Jackson was heard talking about his client and saying: 'I don't know much about senior politicians, but he was quite a...bully to work with.'

He went on to say Salmond was: 'Inappropriate, a******e, stupid... but sexual? Sex offender register? Not for you.'