• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Levein is to blame. Stendel has walked into a total shambles. He couldn't sign players till he offloads the garbage Levein had collected, he can only get a few out when he needed to rid the place of at least 15. He’s then told that MacPhee is to help out identify new targets, a boy who has helped assemble the shambles Stendel walked into. He faced a player revolt from the senior pros who didn’t want to train with the club or attend matches when they where injured. He has had to play young boys as none of the senior players have any legs in them to even close down or stay injury free for more than two weeks. The squad was unfit and devoid of any bottle or fight due to the fact the place has been a holiday camp for years and years. Levein is 100% to blame for this. 

Stendel has made mistakes, mistakes that have cost him, no arguing from me about that. Not dropping Joel. Not tightening up at the back quick enough. Not taking off Damour tonight and continuing with Naismith in a deeper role. He’s a new manager in a new league, he wasn’t going to get everything 100% right straight away. It’s not his fault that nearly every goal we have conceded is an individual error or that he has to work with a group of players who can’t handle any form of pressure. 

That’s hard to read...

That really hurts reading that man. 
I utterly, utterly despise Craig Levein. 

HardcoreJambo

Energy sucked out of me after that. Lost for words. Can't believe whats happening. With the players we have you'd never think we'd be in this situation. I just can't see anyway back. Just WTF. I'll be honest and say I'd lost faith in Stendel a long time ago but it seemed an unpopular opinion. I'm embarrassed by how long it took us to hire a new manager and I'm embarrassed it was him. He seems utterly clueless. We should have gotten someone in with Scottish Football experience. Why would you hire an complete unknown when we were in a relegation position but still had ample time to get us out with the right appointment. Its almost like Budge and co are deliberately sabotaging our club. I can't tell you how angry I am at those who run the club. This is all due to the club been run poorly. I've never felt this upset supporting Hearts before. Its that bad. Hamilton and St Mirren don't have anything close to the resources we have. In fact we have the third largest budget. The players just don't seem to care. I don't want to watch this team anymore this season. Its actually depressing stuff.

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

2020 - Played 13, won 5, drawn 5, lost 3. Back to back victories over Rangers, into the semi of a cup and beat hibs. He’s not done amazing but he’s sure as hell not made us “worse”. IMO he Can’t be judged on the transfer window as he couldn’t do half the work he wanted as Levein spunked the budget as @Bongo 1874 highlighted many times. He wanted more players in but was told to get players out first. Naismith has been miles off it since being back as was Souttar pre injury. Naismith has always been a bit of a myth at hearts anyway but that’s an argument for another day. Stendel is still the right man for the job. Haven’t won in Paisley in 10 years, Stendel losing there isn’t new news. 

These are the type of posts that really give me the fear . 

Trapper John McIntyre

So similar to 1977.

I won't be giving Mrs Budge any more of my cash for the forseeable. We're in for a period of deep decline because once again, we allowed one person too much control over our club. They always start great but end up ****king us over every time.

Too painful and not worth it any longer.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

2020 - Played 13, won 5, drawn 5, lost 3. Back to back victories over Rangers, into the semi of a cup and beat hibs. He’s not done amazing but he’s sure as hell not made us “worse”. IMO he Can’t be judged on the transfer window as he couldn’t do half the work he wanted as Levein spunked the budget as @Bongo 1874 highlighted many times. He wanted more players in but was told to get players out first. Naismith has been miles off it since being back as was Souttar pre injury. Naismith has always been a bit of a myth at hearts anyway but that’s an argument for another day. Stendel is still the right man for the job. Haven’t won in Paisley in 10 years, Stendel losing there isn’t new news. 

He has made us considerably worse in the league with better players available to him. Our cup form has not been a problem the last few years. And Naismith is far from a myth. We played better and scored more when he played for both Levein and McPhee - hence the "one man team" comments. I wanted Stendel to succeed as much as anyone but I've been very disappointed with his lack of tactical ability. I thought that was a German coaching strongpoint. Cluttering the top third of the pitch with 5 attackers and no-one capable of supplying passes to them is not how you win games.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

These are the type of posts that really give me the fear . 

Why? Cause they don’t say “mad foreign boy out” or cause they contain the truth. Am as hurt as everyone and as angry as everyone. There is one person to blame for all of this and he is still at the club, lurking around, talking to players, showing up to reserve games and having lunch with the owner. A “hearts man” people will tell you. You couldn’t shame the man. Shambles. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
7 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

Energy sucked out of me after that. Lost for words. Can't believe whats happening. With the players we have you'd never think we'd be in this situation. I just can't see anyway back. Just WTF. I'll be honest and say I'd lost faith in Stendel a long time ago but it seemed an unpopular opinion. I'm embarrassed by how long it took us to hire a new manager and I'm embarrassed it was him. He seems utterly clueless. We should have gotten someone in with Scottish Football experience. Why would you hire an complete unknown when we were in a relegation position but still had ample time to get us out with the right appointment. Its almost like Budge and co are deliberately sabotaging our club. I can't tell you how angry I am at those who run the club. This is all due to the club been run poorly. I've never felt this upset supporting Hearts before. Its that bad. Hamilton and St Mirren don't have anything close to the resources we have. In fact we have the third largest budget. The players just don't seem to care. I don't want to watch this team anymore this season. Its actually depressing stuff.

Pretty well summed up.

Heartbreaking. Anyone who thinks we are staying up just needs to look at tonight’s performance. We were absolutely atrocious. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Why? Cause they don’t say “mad foreign boy out” or cause they contain the truth. Am as hurt as everyone and as angry as everyone. There is one person to blame for all of this and he is still at the club, lurking around, talking to players, showing up to reserve games and having lunch with the owner. A “hearts man” people will tell you. You couldn’t shame the man. Shambles. 

Forget about Levein. He's done. What is about Stendel that makes you think he's capable of building a team to compete with the average Championship team every week if he can't even get us close to beating Hamilton, St Mirren etc? I'm not a big believer in Scottish managers being better for the Scottish game but the Championship is a whole different game. If we stay up I'd be happy for Stendel to stay and have a go with his own team. The Championship is too risky though - we simply have to get promoted first time. If not Robbo, get someone like Davie Weir in or give Naismith the player-manager job as the new Doddie. Anyhow, hopefully Stendel finally finds a way to win against the bottom 6 and we don't have to worry about that.

Trapper John McIntyre
24 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Levein is to blame. Stendel has walked into a total shambles. He couldn't sign players till he offloads the garbage Levein had collected, he can only get a few out when he needed to rid the place of at least 15. He’s then told that MacPhee is to help out identify new targets, a boy who has helped assemble the shambles Stendel walked into. He faced a player revolt from the senior pros who didn’t want to train with the club or attend matches when they where injured. He has had to play young boys as none of the senior players have any legs in them to even close down or stay injury free for more than two weeks. The squad was unfit and devoid of any bottle or fight due to the fact the place has been a holiday camp for years and years. Levein is 100% to blame for this. 

Stendel has made mistakes, mistakes that have cost him, no arguing from me about that. Not dropping Joel. Not tightening up at the back quick enough. Not taking off Damour tonight and continuing with Naismith in a deeper role. He’s a new manager in a new league, he wasn’t going to get everything 100% right straight away. It’s not his fault that nearly every goal we have conceded is an individual error or that he has to work with a group of players who can’t handle any form of pressure. 

This.

How can a team that absolutely ripped the pish out Hibs just a couple of weeks ago surrender so badly. That is the most baffling aspect of this. We played with such confidence, looked like we could score anytime we went forward and yet tonight could barely create a single chance. What is up with that ? 

Class of 75
18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wanted Robbo but was excited by Stendel (similar to when Cathro arrived) and honestly thought we just had to get our best players back and play a more attacking style to be safe. I'm completely baffled what he thinks he's doing with the way we're approaching these games.

I honestly think sacking him now and bringing JJ in for the last 8 games is our only chance of staying up, and that has to be the priority especially as I don't see Stendel as someone who will flourish in the Championship.

Agree. I would sack him tomorrow and bring in JJ, Wee Robbo or even Locke to make us hard to beat in the last 8 games. Sorry to say but Stendel looks a bit lost. 

When you expect things you don't always get them.  I don't think it was selfish to expect nothing but a win tonight though.  I am not giving up hope we get a result at Livingston.  I wasn't expecting it before but we need it now that's for dam sure.  

We don't do  things easy at all! 😉

Edited by HMFC01

The defending for their goal. He’s ran from the half way line against Dikamona and Halkett and neither of them got near him. Embarrassing stuff. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

We were in 9th when Stendel arrived. I don't think any of us genuinely thought we were in real danger of relegation as it was December. Most of us liked us making an attack-minded appointment who isn't a familiar face in Scottish football or another ex-Hearts player. If you're going to blame Budge, plenty Hearts fans agreed with her choice. To be fair to Stendel he immediately had us playing better even if the results didn't come but the main doubt was always his ability to adapt his philosophy to the Scottish game and he's not been able to do that yet.

Just like when Cathro was appointed, appointing an experienced caretaker manager - of the type you describe - for the rest of the season might have been a better approach in hindsight.

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think Mrs Budge needs to look at her position and question whether someone else could do it better. I cannot understand why Levein is still at the club - it can only undermine the manager to have the ex-DOF and ex-manager there...and Austin too. None of it makes any sense whatsoever...

I'm not ready to turn on the manager just yet, but tactically tonight wasn't too clever...We have a superd plan B option in bringing on Uche to bully teams as they tire, but he's not doing it, he's bringing on ineffective wingers or young lads, and it is not reaping any rewards. Even in the Rangers and Hibs games the substitutions served little purpose other than to waste a couple of minutes...

That’s the thing about here... last week we are world beaters, tonight we are hopeless and definitely down.   Sometimes a bit of perspective is required.  We are a poor side in danger of relegation but not down yet.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Heard something concrete or just your own thoughts?

Just my own thoughts.

Stendel seems to have worked out the players he likes.

Might change now though.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

The foh directors love budge so they aren’t going to tell her to go.  

Total f....g love in then ?

Hectormasson
58 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

it’s just infuriating from the top of the club it’s just blind arrogance that has us here 

We as a club have f....k all to be arrogant about !  Budge and board yes , I'd expect that from the likes of them !

Hectormasson
55 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

A club our size cant win in a cesspit like st Mirren?  Shows how shite we really are  !     It's not new news like you say ....

OmiyaHearts

Easily the worst team in the league. Maybe some decent individuals but as team, totally howling

I said it before.and I'll say it again. See once this season is done, hopeully I never see any of these fuds wearing maroon again.

Every single person in the playing side of the the club is a complete and utter failure.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did obika handball it before the goal? 

Not sure mate couldn’t see it from where we where it just looked awful to be honest very Sunday league (ish)

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just watched on Alba - defo a hand, only Bobby made a claim. 

Just now, lmc1 said:

Just watched on Alba - defo a hand, only Bobby made a claim. 

If you slow it down it definitely looks like it. 

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't even care about being banned anymore.

That ****ing Hibs ***** Budge is to blame. I am so tired screaming it from the rooftops I just don't care what people say anymore.

I think her epitaph will be the ultimate in putting anything above winning football matches which is going to be the utter cringefest that is the fecking documentary which will reduce us to a complete laughing stock. We'll literally have everyone laughing at our once proud club.

It's simply shameful. Can't wait for her to **** off.  

Just now, black stump said:

Watching the game on Alba. Got what we deserved so far....

You’re a brave man. I’d rather pull my toe nails of with pliers

black stump
Just now, GinRummy said:

You’re a brave man. I’d rather pull my toe nails of with pliers

Aye, it sounds preferable right  now .

given up all hope of staying up . 

4 minutes ago, black stump said:

Just watched it too.   Absolutely got what we deserved.    Watched in hope not in expectation which says it all.   Slow, ponderous and very little pressing.   Gutless performance. 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I think her epitaph will be the ultimate in putting anything above winning football matches which is going to be the utter cringefest that is the fecking documentary which will reduce us to a complete laughing stock. We'll literally have everyone laughing at our once proud club.

Going to be horrfic viewing tbh.

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, black stump said:

Correct mate , we were p**s poor tonight , absolutely no leadership we played the long ball at times to nobody ! Naismith was cack imo he won’t or should not get another cap on that performance, Boyce when he came on did not look interested I could go on but ffs Damour !!!! F*****g absolute garbage! 

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No.   He didn't.  Just abysmal defending.   

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

No.   He didn't.  Just abysmal defending.   

Watch it again mate certainly seems like it when you slow it down. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Watch it again mate certainly seems like it when you slow it down. 

Didn't see it that way myself.    Might have missed it but looked fair to me.   No way he should have scored though.   Just shameful. Don't know why I'm surprised though.   

Managed to avoid the score and am watching it on Alba but gave up hoping about 15 mins ago and checked the final score. What a shambles, we are not up for the fight and I can't see how anything is going to change in the remaining games. Looks like the players have chucked it. Has any team ever been relegated and won the cup in the same season?

What exactly has Naismith done for us this season ?

We have the worst forward line in the league and we were easily beaten by every team in the bottom six

Francis Albert

When did we agree to this fly on the wall documentary? We've been so bad for so long we must have known the risk of making fools of ourselves. Misjudgememts ... the Hearts/Budge way.

maroonedinbriz

I've just watched us on Alba. Didn't know the score beforehand. We are absolute shite. Deserve to be related.  Levein, Budge and even Stendel are culpable. Relegation awaits. Totally desevered on tonight's performance.

portobellojambo1

The result was a reflection of the game itself, we got what we deserved from tonight's game and in terms of where we play our football next season that too will be deserved, based on what has been on offer to us for a lot longer than the course of this present season. We began a 5 year project playing in the Championship, as fans we have provided a shit load of cash to those overseeing the club during that period and it does appear that when the club is handed over to the FoH, as the majority shareholding, it will be back where the project started, in The Championship.

The fan base has given massive backing to the club, both financially and through their general support, but tonight, at the end of the game, I've never been amongst such an angry Hearts support for a long, long time, and the reaction was 100% deserved. I think the players, the manager, everyone involved with the club may have finally seen tonight just how much the club means to the fan base. And the season isn't over yet, and for those who only see the club as the body paying their wages they still have time to get their fecking fingers out their erses and fight for the jerseys they should feel honoured to wear. Play as they did tonight, and we are goosed.

Edited by portobellojambo1

through there for that feckin garbage. if they can only lift themselves for big games then forget it

Tonight Naismith-honking Clare-honking Washington-honking Boyce-honking and gift those feckin gits a goal...ffs

Never laid a glove on them in a relegation battle :jj_facepalm:

4 hours ago, stotty said:

Still weighing up doing the same. Don't know if I can manage it. 

I managed to do it in the end and just finished watching. ****ing pish. 

Tenaciousdandy

Players where absolutely shite tonight, make no mistake we are going down if this how we perform in a relegation battle 

3fingersreid
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The result was a reflection of the game itself, we got what we deserved from tonight's game and in terms of where we play our football next season that too will be deserved, based on what has been on offer to us for a lot longer than the course of this present season. We began a 5 year project playing in the Championship, as fans we have provided a shit load of cash to those oversseing the club during that period and it does appear that when the club is handed over to the FoH, as the majority shareholding, the club looks as if it will be back where the project started, in The Championship.

The fan base has given massive backing to the club, both financially and through their general support, but tonight, at the end of the game, I've never been amongst such an angry Hearts support for a long, long time, and the reaction was 100% deserved. I think the players, the manager, everyone involved with the club may have finally seen tonight just how much the club means to the fan base. And the season isn't over yet, and for those who only see the club as the body paying their wages they still have time to get their fecking fingers out their erses and fight for the jerseys they should feel honoured to wear. Play as they did tonight, and we are goosed.

Could make for a very uncomfortable (and deserved ) next home game for the club custodians . Well done for going through .

45 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

****ing hell I had forgot about that 

:sob: