*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Said that after 0 2 to the hobos ,, cant play again surely ? But he will ......

Had a decent second half against the bigots in the Cup (although he should have been off after his handball) and a pretty reasonable game at ER last Tuesday. Other than that, his performances have ranged from instantly forgettable to utterly dire. 

If we’re relying on the likes of him to dig us out, we’re ****ed.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

1 minute ago, Hairdryer said:

It’s now mathematically impossible to stay up all because of Craig levein starting the season as

manager his arrogance has knocked the club back years

You need to get a new calculator.

Calebs Grandad
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree the only problem is with Stendel staying. If he can't out think the pub teams in the bottom six he will have no chance in the Championship as there is a fag packet between them. 

I agree with your point but believe it’s worth chancing keeping him on if he will stay and rebuild his own team and with total backing from above. The thought of Budge staying any longer Is intolerable.

2 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

If we win all our remaining games we stay up.

Hibs through and through.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I know mate it just sums up how inept Budge and the Board have been over the last 18 months

The vast majority could see the cup final should have been CLs last game. Even that was too late to halt the decline.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I don't even care about being banned anymore.

That ****ing Hibs ***** Budge is to blame. I am so tired screaming it from the rooftops I just don't care what people say anymore.

With you mate. Gutless club from top to bottom, signs been there for a long time. Still, a few naughty away days next season, every cloud.... 

Forza Cuore
6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

We all knew Levein should have gone after the cup final but he was allowed to stay on out of a misguided sense of loyalty and he has killed everything good at our club.

The teams condition is terminal, nothing can be done to save it now. I have never felt such apathy towards a hearts team.  They simply don't care

Should have been away when we lost 5 zip at Livi last year

RealMaroonCF

Loyalty will get.you two things...

A long way

And a long way into trouble

AB is finding out here that sometimes those who are the most loyal...the fans...toldnyou to get rid of someone loyal to herself.  She didnt listen and the price is being paid.

I'm adamant we will get out of this but oh boy does she need to start making statements. Shes happy to blab when we are flying and she can chuck fans out as we are riding a wave

This time the tide is out. Man up Ann. What's your take now. Let us know. We deserve it. 10 million later WE ARE WHY WE ARE HERE. Thsts We...All of us....no just YOU

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Totally agree how the **** that conman is still there is a ****ing joke absolutely farcical budge Levein and  everyone to do with the last 4 years get to **** your 5 years plan worked ,aye you've set us back 5 years you *****

You mean our SD elect? 

Absolutely gutted to say the least! Genuinely did not see that coming! Suppose I should know better by now but I honestly felt the corner had been turned after the hibs game!

We have left ourselves a mountain to climb now, it's still possible to get out but we need to pull off the great escape now! Everyone has to raise their game big time.

Oh well there's always the cup to soften the likelihood of us going down I suppose.

:( not a good day

Calebs Grandad
2 minutes ago, hoofhearted said:

I really find this hard to take, I love this great club, feel proud of our support warts and all, but this has been the longest sinking of a ship ever and every fan could see it coming, two seasons of frustration, tonight just done me in😷

100% this 

Just now, DH1986 said:

It’s really not what they wanted

Just now, Forza Cuore said:

Should have been away when we lost 5 zip at Livi last year

Think he should’ve been away after he had a serious heart attack.

Just now, Pilmuir said:

Key moment tonight- failed again. The record against teams around us is pitiful. Can’t see us staying up.

This I would rather beat 4 of the so called smaller teams then beat the newco at home when will they learn it’s the same 3 points regardless of opposition

cardboardcutout

What do we do at training? It can’t be that crap, we’re a shambles and apart from the odd game we always look devoid of a clue of how to beat dross

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

that is the problem though - he has no midfielders who are either reliable or creative...

He has and they've got results against better teams than this because they are willing to play a bit of football. If he can't cobble together an effective midfield from just Walker, Naismith, Irving, Bozanic and Michael Smith then he shouldn't be a manager. All you need is two sitting midfielders, like Smith or Bozanic as the more defensive one and Irving as the more creative one, with an attacking mid like Walker in front of them and a wide attacking player like Moore. Let Naismith be the link player and put your best goalscorer up front.

Instead Stendel has taken Clare from a position he had started excelling in and dumped him back into midfield where he's never been effective. The other result of that is we also lose our most composed defensive mid in Smith when he goes back to RB. He dropped Irving who was providing the calm passing and possession play other players can't do. And he dropped arguably our most natural goalscorer in Boyce. He doesn't even pick Uche for the bench despite him offering way more threat to defenders late in games than someone like Meshino.

On top of persisting with JP for so long, his team selections and tactics against the teams we really have to beat have been way more baffling than anything Levein, Neilson or Cathro came up with.

Get Robbo in for the Championship. I hate to think how Stendel will approach games down there. Hopefully he'll leave with a cup win and legend status mind you as he'll probably get us to the final where anything can happen. But he is not the man for weekly fights against Ayr Utd and co.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

It’s now mathematically impossible to stay up all because of Craig levein starting the season as

manager his arrogance has knocked the club back years

Is it aye ? You sure ?

Tennant's  6's

Absolutely pathetic,  sickening performance & result yet again..

Total rebuild needed, get budge, levein & all those losers out of our club.

Totally scunnered right now 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

The manager is to blame.  He gets credit when we pump huns or Hibs he’s to blame for taking this squad down.  It’s a ****ing miracle there’s still a chance we can stay up.  

Levein is to blame. Stendel has walked into a total shambles. He couldn't sign players till he offloads the garbage Levein had collected, he can only get a few out when he needed to rid the place of at least 15. He’s then told that MacPhee is to help out identify new targets, a boy who has helped assemble the shambles Stendel walked into. He faced a player revolt from the senior pros who didn’t want to train with the club or attend matches when they where injured. He has had to play young boys as none of the senior players have any legs in them to even close down or stay injury free for more than two weeks. The squad was unfit and devoid of any bottle or fight due to the fact the place has been a holiday camp for years and years. Levein is 100% to blame for this. 

Stendel has made mistakes, mistakes that have cost him, no arguing from me about that. Not dropping Joel. Not tightening up at the back quick enough. Not taking off Damour tonight and continuing with Naismith in a deeper role. He’s a new manager in a new league, he wasn’t going to get everything 100% right straight away. It’s not his fault that nearly every goal we have conceded is an individual error or that he has to work with a group of players who can’t handle any form of pressure. 

2 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

am Sick to death of the players coming out with we need to win and we will fight to stay up we are a team we have tuned a corner how about doing it on the ****ing park and keep your mouths shut 

The post-match interviews at ER last Tuesday from the Hearts players - saying they would now stay up - makes it all the more obvious that they haven’t grasped the situation at all. They think they have. We can all see they haven’t!

Barring miracles we are going down and if so Stendel has been a failure and should go, hopefully preceded by Levein and with Budge gone or in a position of no influence on any footballing matters. We could lend her to any club needing to overspend on a stand and waste supporter's money and gary Naismith could manage her loan.

16 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

No more of a gamble than bringing in another management team...Nobody thought Stendel got rid of the wrong players in January, just that he was unable to get rid of enough...Sibbick and Boyce has looked good apart from injuries, but Langer and Donis haven't adjusted to coming into UK football mid-season.

I have no problem with Stendel staying on TBH. You have to give managers a chance - he's still on his first round of fixtures after all....

You rate him I don't , we agree to disagree. 

Class of 75
5 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I agree with your point but believe it’s worth chancing keeping him on if he will stay and rebuild his own team and with total backing from above. The thought of Budge staying any longer Is intolerable.

Sorry pal just angry at this. Totally agree she needs to go. 

So, so disappointed.

We were poor tonight, and deserve to be where we are in the league.

These are bad times, but we’ll have good times again.

When I get home, I’m actually going to increase my pledge to FOH.

Tough times but I still love our fans and club.

Just wish this season was over, to be honest. I’ve got real reservations about Stendel. It might be an idea to recruit a manager who knows about Scottish football to get us out of the Championship. I think Budge tries to be too clever when she recruits. She seems to like taking a chance on left field appointments. Sadly, apart from Robbie, they’ve all been failures.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The vast majority could see the cup final should have been CLs last game. Even that was too late to halt the decline.

Maybe a majority but not the vast majority - there were still many who wanted Levein to stay.

And more who even after he went as DoF and manager seemed happy for him to stay on as long as he wasn't "involved with the first team", and doing whatever exactly he has been doing to put the finishing touches to his reorganisation of the "football side of the business".

What a terrible example Ann has given on the rewards for failure, a lesson that the squad seems to have taken fully on board.

Just now, busby1985 said:

Levein is to blame. Stendel has walked into a total shambles. He couldn't sign players till he offloads the garbage Levein had collected, he can only get a few out when he needed to rid the place of at least 15. He’s then told that MacPhee is to help out identify new targets, a boy who has helped assemble the shambles Stendel walked into. He faced a player revolt from the senior pros who didn’t want to train with the club or attend matches when they where injured. He has had to play young boys as none of the senior players have any legs in them to even close down or stay injury free for more than two weeks. The squad was unfit and devoid of any bottle or fight due to the fact the place has been a holiday camp for years and years. Levein is 100% to blame for this. 

Stendel has made mistakes, mistakes that have cost him, no arguing from me about that. Not dropping Joel. Not tightening up at the back quick enough. Not taking off Damour tonight and continuing with Naismith in a deeper role. He’s a new manager in a new league, he wasn’t going to get everything 100% right straight away. It’s not his fault that nearly every goal we have conceded is an individual error or that he has to work with a group of players who can’t handle any form of pressure. 

Not having it.

This group of players is miles better than anything St ****ing Mirren have, and Hamilton and we’ve seen it in spurts.

Stendel hasn’t got a ****ing clue.

grand scheme of things it’s Leveins fault, yes.  Stendel needs punted though the guys an absolute fraud. 

1 minute ago, MCW1976 said:

The post-match interviews at ER last Tuesday from the Hearts players - saying they would now stay up - makes it all the more obvious that they haven’t grasped the situation at all. They think they have. We can all see they haven’t!

it’s just infuriating from the top of the club it’s just blind arrogance that has us here 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Am going to say it again. The man to blame is STILL at the club. He is taken a wage every single week. He is still walking around the corridors. A shambles. 

Don't disagree about how badly Levein did but Stendel has had a lot of time to turn things around and has actually made us worse, despite getting most of the injured players back and having a transfer window.

Stendel is now in serious danger of being rejected by the fans. I pray every day that he’s the man to turn us around.*

* I did the same with Cathro and Levein. It didn’t work, and I’ve got that same feeling of impending doom.

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Not having it.

This group of players is miles better than anything St ****ing Mirren have, and Hamilton and we’ve seen it in spurts.

Stendel hasn’t got a ****ing clue.

grand scheme of things it’s Leveins fault, yes.  Stendel needs punted though the guys an absolute fraud. 

Am as angry as you lad and I like your posts so let’s agree to disagree as we are both furious. I think we can both agree that in truth, the players are to blame. They should all be ashamed of themselves. 

Class of 75
11 minutes ago, hoofhearted said:

I really find this hard to take, I love this great club, feel proud of our support warts and all, but this has been the longest sinking of a ship ever and every fan could see it coming, two seasons of frustration, tonight just done me in😷

Mate totally agree. If this was a Captain in the Navy he would have been shown the door a long time ago 

Edited by Class of 75

Can't believe I'm still listening to this pish on Sportsound. Making a mountain out of players not clapping fans? I couldn't give a flying fek about players clapping fans.  

Just now, busby1985 said:

Am as angry as you lad and I like your posts so let’s agree to disagree as we are both furious. I think we can both agree that in truth, the players are to blame. They should all be ashamed of themselves. 

No bother mate, and I agree. The players are a bunch of shitebag ***** 

Arthur Morgan

It's became real now, I honestly thought we could avoid this but tonight I have accepted our fate, we are really going down aren't we? 😭

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't disagree about how badly Levein did but Stendel has had a lot of time to turn things around and has actually made us worse, despite getting most of the injured players back and having a transfer window.

Stendel was not the right appointment at the right time to have saved us from this on going shambles.

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

It's became real now, I honestly thought we could avoid this but tonight I have accepted our fate, we are really going down aren't we? 😭

If we stay up, it’ll be a close as they come.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

2020 - Played 13, won 5, drawn 5, lost 3. Back to back victories over Rangers, into the semi of a cup and beat hibs. He’s not done amazing but he’s sure as hell not made us “worse”. IMO he Can’t be judged on the transfer window as he couldn’t do half the work he wanted as Levein spunked the budget as @Bongo 1874 highlighted many times. He wanted more players in but was told to get players out first. Naismith has been miles off it since being back as was Souttar pre injury. Naismith has always been a bit of a myth at hearts anyway but that’s an argument for another day. Stendel is still the right man for the job. Haven’t won in Paisley in 10 years, Stendel losing there isn’t new news. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It's not over until the fat lady sings, there is still a chance that we'll survive, but it's better to start preparing your mind for relegation. That way it will be easier when it comes.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Stendel was not the right appointment at the right time to have saved us from this on going shambles.

I wanted Robbo but was excited by Stendel (similar to when Cathro arrived) and honestly thought we just had to get our best players back and play a more attacking style to be safe. I'm completely baffled what he thinks he's doing with the way we're approaching these games.

I honestly think sacking him now and bringing JJ in for the last 8 games is our only chance of staying up, and that has to be the priority especially as I don't see Stendel as someone who will flourish in the Championship.

A Shoreditch Heart

I'm so gutted about tonight. it's like being back in late 1970's early '80's again with us... I'm speechless, so won't say nothin' 

4 wins in 30 league games - deserve to be relegated. 

They should be utterly embarrassed with themselves tonight, Naismith and Boyce included. No one taking responsibility, no leadership, no passion, no guts.  I'll be amazed if we get out of this. 

Stendel seems to have no plan other than chucking as many attackers on as possible and hoping for the best. 

Half the team just went straight up the tunnel at FT. Players quite simply not fit to wear the Jersey. Astounding given the magnitude of the game, played it like a pre season friendly. Will be lucky to get back by midnight - a desperately disappointing evening. 

RealMaroonCF
15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe the players should man the **** up.

Bunch of pussies when the chips are down against the likes of Hamilton and st mirren.

Aye ...we KNOW THAT

This is a fans forum. All I hear is WE pit money in WE want him out WE want this

Take yourself.to a mirror. You wanna fight or no. This is about supporters getting behind the team. No pointing out OBVIOIS stuff like the team are crap. If I'm a hamilton supporter I KNOW my team srent great but I put my life and soul into supporting the team until I cant anymore.

You've given up. Pick up a rifle or f off from the front line

Dont come here next year IF we are pumping alloa 6 nothing telling us how great we are