• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

• Ulysses

• WorldChampions1902

WorldChampions1902
48 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I know where this guy is probably getting his quantum entanglement stuff from, I just wondered if you knew what it is. It's this type of stuff, where someone takes a scientific principle, adds whatever their belief is and uses that to rationalise spirituality, manifestation etc. 

"Old science" isn't a thing, incidentally. 

Thank you for clarifying. 👍

https://www.mesonstars.com/inteteresting/chinese-astronomers-say-they-may-have-detected-signs-of-an-alien-civilization-but-its-probably-a-false-alarm/ 

Might be radio interference but its not been ruled out yet. Or it could be guerilla marketing by Netflix for The Three-Body Problem...joke

Edited by Gizmo

WorldChampions1902

At the two minute mark, I’m glad the presenter declared, “it doesn’t matter if you don’t know what that means”.  Phew…..that’s a relief.

I wonder if she knows the story about Professor of Physics Phillip Von Jolly telling Max Planck to avoid getting into physics, because “pretty much everything (in Physics) has been discovered”? That was over a century ago. Fortunately, Planck declined that ‘advice’ and went on to establish “Planck’s Law”, subsequently referenced by Einstein.

henrysmithsgloves
56 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

At the two minute mark, I’m glad the presenter declared, “it doesn’t matter if you don’t know what that means”.  Phew…..that’s a relief.

I wonder if she knows the story about Professor of Physics Phillip Von Jolly telling Max Planck to avoid getting into physics, because “pretty much everything (in Physics) has been discovered”? That was over a century ago. Fortunately, Planck declined that ‘advice’ and went on to establish “Planck’s Law”, subsequently referenced by Einstein.

If it blows up- chemistry 

If it crawls- biology

If it doesn't work- physics

6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Blessed are those who have not seen...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/27/sean-kirkpatrick-pentagon-ufo-conspiracy-theory-myths

...and yet believe.  :rofl:

“They’re all relaying stories that they’ve heard from other people. And if you track where all those people know each other, it all goes back to the same core group of people.”

QED. 

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

QED. 

As I've said before, there's not as much as one first-hand account, not as much as a single photo or video, and not one piece of physical evidence.  There's lots of people saying that the same people told them that they heard the same things from the same other people.  

And as I've said before, it's the evidential equivalent of gossip...

On 29/08/2023 at 00:08, Ulysses said:

In Irish, we use the term "Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi go ndúirt bean eile gur inis bean di", which translates into English as "A woman told me that a woman told her that another woman said that a woman told her".  It refers to gossip.

Dawnrazor
10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Apologies if this has already been posted within this mammoth thread, but my mate sent me this the other day. Pretty funny.

https://youtu.be/T7jkqsCa4-I?si=Osq5LoglJvH-JIek

😂😂😂 "And I said to Harmony, everybuddy believes you're an alien" "and I reply, why Bethlehem?" FFS😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

😂😂😂 "And I said to Harmony, everybuddy believes you're an alien" "and I reply, why Bethlehem?" FFS😂😂😂

:lol:

The best part.

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

No three wise men in bonnybridge,let alone a virgin😳😳 saying that Billy is a good councillor 😎🧐

Dawnrazor
51 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

No three wise men in bonnybridge,let alone a virgin😳😳 saying that Billy is a good councillor 😎🧐

He does come over as a bit of a donut though 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

He does come over as a bit of a donut though 

A very astute man ,who does plenty for his community.was Falkirk provost at one time😳

WorldChampions1902

A good summation from author Robert Powell.

Three Reasons that Argue in Support of Grusch's ET Claims: Retribution, Compartmentalization, and Failure to Deny.

David Grusch's whistleblower claims made in July of 2023 to Congress are still with us. He testified under oath and would risk criminal prosecution if he lied. Nonetheless, Grush's claims are outstanding: the recovery and possession of extraterrestrial (ET) craft; alien bodies; and collusion between the government and the defense industry to reverse engineer ET craft without the knowledge of Congress. These claims on the subject of UAP are hard to believe but the reactions of the Dept of Defense (DoD) and the intelligence agencies, make one suspect whether Grusch's claims might just be true.

Retribution Grusch's claims of retribution were initiated with the Intelligence Community's Inspector General. He stated that he suffered retaliation after reporting information regarding UAP to his superiors. Within weeks of testifying on government UAP programs before Congress, a real-time example of retribution occurred. Members of the DoD and the intelligence community reacted by providing tips to journalist Ken Klippenstein that were intended to smear Grusch's integrity and reliability as a witness. Klippenstein reported on August 9 in The Intercept that Grusch had a history of alcohol abuse. It became clear in an interview with Klippenstein by Saagar and Krystal of

that the tips that told Klippenstein where to look had come from the DoD and the intelligence community. Key parts of that interview are at the following link and occur at 2.5 minutes, 7.5 minutes, and just before the 11-minute mark: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RfA5nf9XPM8 Why did the DoD and the intelligence community retaliate against Grusch if his claims were of some silly nonsense caused by a troubled mind? This type of retribution has done nothing but strengthen the argument that the government has something to hide. Instead of retaliating, one would expect that the DoD and intelligence community would have been straight forward and denied the allegations made by Grusch.

Compartmentalization

Compartmentalization is the limiting of access to information to persons on a need-to-know basis. This is done by the executive branch of the government through the use of special access programs (SAP) established by president Richard Nixon in 1972. Some of these SAPs are so controlled that the only members of Congress that are allowed to know about them are eight key high-level Senators and Representatives known as the "Gang of Eight." This group is required to know about all SAP programs so that there is some level of control by the legislative branch. And according to Grusch, the DoD has illegally kept knowledge of these SAP programs from Congress. This is one of the driving factors behind the Schumer Amendment that was part of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2024. https://twitter.com/rpowell2u/status/1692735992975757384 Chuck Schumer is a key member of the "Gang of Eight." When Congress has tried to get information regarding UAP from the DoD and intelligence agencies, the individuals who briefed them were honest in their inability to provide answers because they didn't have the answers -- probably by design. Through the use of multiple SAP programs, information on a highly classified subject is essentially spread across SAP silos so that no one knows what the other is doing and the "Big Picture" is hidden. A review of commentaries from several congress people who were part of the January 12, 2024, Congressional Classified Briefing on UAP, makes it clear that they felt the UAP information was compartmentalized to keep it secure. https://twitter.com/UFOB_/status/1746144076385132829 Therein lies the rub. Why do components of the executive branch need to keep UAP information so secure? The DoD has stated multiple times that there is nothing behind the curtain. We've been told that UAP are explainable. So why all of this secrecy? This level of secrecy argues that these agencies are likely hiding information related to UAP. Conclusion: the executive branch is compartmentalizing their UAP information to keep it secure.

Failure to Deny

When information is compartmentalized such that almost no one knows the whole truth, how can you effectively deny claims such as those made by Grusch? Any given government spokesperson can't really comment on what they don't know so they quote others and they use vague language. One would expect that there should be a DoD spokesperson that could come out and in plain English state, "There is no substance to Grusch's claims. There is no secret UAP program, we have no alien craft or alien bodies in our possession." No one has come out and made such a categorical denial. Instead, here is an example of a statement that came from Sue Gough, a Pentagon spokesperson: "To date, AARO has not discovered any verifiable information to substantiate claims that any programs regarding the possession or reverse-engineering of extraterrestrial materials have existed in the past or exist currently." That is not a strong and straight forward denial. First, the use of the term "verifiable information" provides a large loophole. And how would she expect information to be verifiable if it's in a SAP? Second, she made this statement in June of 2023 and used an organization (AARO) that was less than a year old as her source of denial. AARO was still trying to get adequate funding and establish its presence. What is needed is a concise statement from someone in a position to know such as the Director of National Intelligence. The reality is that we can never know for certain if the government is being honest and upfront with the American public. David Grusch has testified that they're deceiving both Congress and the public.

Wishy-washy rebuttals to Grusch's claims, attempts to smear his name, and compartmentalization of UAP information only increase the public's suspicions. Congress must continue to push this issue and ask to see the same UAP documents that Grusch says exist. #UAP #UFO

·
Views

maroonlegions

Very interesting move and shift on the US Pentagons approach to civilian and commercial pilots reports of UAps.

UFO sightings: In a first, civilian pilots could report UAP to FAA under proposed bill

The bipartisan legislation would enable commercial pilots and other airline employees to report UFO sightings to the FAA, which would share it with the Pentagon.

Commercial airline pilots who witness crafts flying through the skies in unexplainable ways would be able to report the UFO sightings to the federal government under a House bill introduced Thursday.

The bipartisan legislation comes months after House leaders heard testimony from military officers who described reports of mysterious objects outmaneuvering military jets.

Within weeks of the public hearing, the Pentagon's office to investigate UFOs unveiled a website where military members and other government workers could make reports of sightings dating back to 1945.

a06ab8ba-ee4a-41b5-ac19-c13e0991de1e-VPC

A still image shows one of the unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP) captured by a Navy pilot and authenticated by the Department of Defense. In a bill introduced Thursday, commercial airline pilots would be able to report sightings of UAP, more commonly known as UFOs, to the federal government.  Show less 

link;

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

A beautiful experience 

Depends on the angels, Ked, not gonna lie.  :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Depends on the angels, Ked, not gonna lie.  :laugh: 

They come from nowhere and they come in all forms mate.

il Duce McTarkin
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

They come from nowhere and they come in all forms mate.

Assuming you're talking metaphorical angels here, Ked, I agree wholeheartedly.

il Duce McTarkin
On 05/02/2024 at 20:01, Tazio said:

IMG_0823.jpeg

Wouldn't, would, would on an overcast Tuesday, wouldn't, definately would, would.

The Mighty Thor
14 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Wouldn't, would, would on an overcast Tuesday, wouldn't, definately would, would.

FFS man!

Give us a guide. L to R or Top to Bottom?

I'm between kind of agreeing and thinking you're a total wrong 'un. 

il Duce McTarkin
52 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

FFS man!

Give us a guide. L to R or Top to Bottom?

I'm between kind of agreeing and thinking you're a total wrong 'un. 

IMG_0823.jpeg.316ff037e34516dc60144acc94a427bd.jpeg.7ebe3b9c96004ea48cc1937e3b79be18.jpeg

2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

IMG_0823.jpeg.316ff037e34516dc60144acc94a427bd.jpeg.7ebe3b9c96004ea48cc1937e3b79be18.jpeg

Number 6 is the lovely Fiona Fullerton, classic 70’s sex kitten. She a 100% would. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Number 6 is the lovely Fiona Fullerton, classic 70’s sex kitten. She a 100% would. 

She's still a smasher.

Maple Leaf
On 07/02/2024 at 15:17, Tazio said:

:thumb:  Adorable

• 4 weeks later...
Greedy Jambo

Nothing to see here, back to watching Celebrity Big Brother you go. 

Oddly exactly what I and others around here have been saying for sometime, and not because we're so smart, but rather because it's obvious. The current sightings are most likely prototype drones.

US says UFO sightings likely secret military tests

A spike in UFO sightings in the 1950s and 60s was caused by tests of advanced US spy planes and space technology, a Pentagon report has concluded.

Officials also said there was "no evidence" that the US government had encountered alien life.

Most sightings of UFOs were ordinary objects from Earth, according to the report submitted to Congress on Friday.

But Pentagon officials accepted that their research won't quell popular beliefs about alien visitors.

FULL BBC ARTICLE https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68515515

Greedy Jambo

Of course it won't quell popular beliefs, they're a bunch of lying *******s for a start 😂

Maple Leaf
11 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Of course it won't quell popular beliefs, they're a bunch of lying *******s for a start 😂

As you know, it's impossible to prove that something doesn't exist.  So the burden of proof always lies with those who claim that something does exist.

So far, that proof has not been produced.

Greedy Jambo
10 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

As you know, it's impossible to prove that something doesn't exist.  So the burden of proof always lies with those who claim that something does exist.

So far, that proof has not been produced.

I mean, I don't want to chuck random stats out there, but i'd be willing to bet that a large percentage of Pentagon staff believe in god. 

Maple Leaf
58 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I mean, I don't want to chuck random stats out there, but i'd be willing to bet that a large percentage of Pentagon staff believe in god. 

Indeed.  Which is why belief in a god is called faith.  Does the same apply to a belief in alien visitors?

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Indeed.  Which is why belief in a god is called faith.  Does the same apply to a belief in alien visitors?

We don't know who is in control of the craft, the US have already admitted that they're real. 

They either know a lot more than they're letting on, or they don't have a scooby and are afraid to admit that they don't have control of their own skies. 

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet believe.

6 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We don't know who is in control of the craft, the US have already admitted that they're real. 

They either know a lot more than they're letting on, or they don't have a scooby and are afraid to admit that they don't have control of their own skies. 

No room for middle ground or nuanced evaluations in your classic conspiratard. 

16 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nothing to see here, back to watching Celebrity Big Brother you go. 

😂

How ironic that Celebrity Big Brother is actually real ! Shite as it is !