“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

Just now, Zlatanable said:

It was a joke about when Scott Brown said 'dunno' instead of 'no comment, whilst at Hibs.

i know 😜

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

The weakest element of celtic is the defence (not the goalie) but Simunovic and Ajer are not that great and need targeted Just handing all the initiative to celtic gives them immediate confidence, as if they need it.. I could be so wrong but the Hearts line up gives them something to think about beyond stroking it about our 18 yard box. 

I agree mate. I said in a post yesterday asking who questions their defence?   We have good players who should be putting those two under pressure. 

We may well take it on the chin tonight but I don’t want to see Celtic centre halves coming off with clean shorts and having had a stroll for 90 mins. F^^^in grates me the way the game is played these days. 

2 minutes ago, JohnDS said:

Just want to be competitive and stay in the game as long as possible, there strikers have to much speed of though for our defenders at the moment.

also the goalkeeper is poor and does not inspire confidence.

only difference we will score just hope more than once

yep

One of the frustrating things about our performances in Glasgow is an inability to keep the ball. 

That team on paper should be able to do that better but easier said. 

Celtic playing 2 up front should allow us to compete in midfield if Naismith drops back but the swift counter attack and our hologram-esque goalkeeper give me the fear. 

Brighton Jambo

That team gives me the fear, could be a cricket score. But then I was first to moan we never went to have a go in Glasgow so I guess I got what I wished for (gulp) 

Bloody hell that team .

Was  sure he would rest a few for Hamilton and St Mirren as there's zero chance of us getting anything tonight . 

Naisy and Boycie are being overplayed and if they get injured we are as good as down . 

He should have had an eye on the next two games , that would have been the smart play . 

Seems to be making a fair few changes every match now. I hope that’s not a sign of things to come. We need a settled side for the run in. 
The most important game tonight is not ours but Livingston against St Mirren. If we don’t lose any ground I fancy us in the next to games to give ourselves a great chance of staying up. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Bloody hell that team .

Was  sure he would rest a few for Hamilton and St Mirren as there's zero chance of us getting anything tonight . 

Naisy and Boycie are being overplayed and if they get injured we are as good as down . 

He should have had an eye on the next two games , that would have been the smart play . 

overplayed?

Just now, ramrod said:

Playing to much football ? 

I’d rather they played their way to full fitness and maybe have easier training sessions . 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Bloody hell that team .

I wish Naismith had been overplayed at Hearts!

willie wallace
39 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

As long as people dont moan if we go down by 6-7.

Hope this is a wee bit tongue in cheek.

I will be moaning plenty if we lose by 6 or 7.

Apart from the embarrassment goal difference could still play a part later in the season.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Bloody hell that team .

If he was going to rest players he would’ve in the cup game, not against Celtic. 

This will be shoot on sight from Celtic and with Griffiths in there it’s going to be a long difficult night for Our keeper 

if/ when they score I predict a mistake from him unfortunately 

Just now, Taffin said:

I wish Naismith had been overplayed at Hearts!

Exactly this . 

Hes being ask to play Wed Sat the last few weeks and it's a matter of time till he breaks down with that schedule. Boyce looked jaded against Killie and Falkirk. 

These two are essential to our survival . I'd have given both them the week of till Hamilton and then St Mirren. 

Very few teams will have set up in such an open attacking way against Celtic in Glasgow.  I think we need to ditch the 2 winger and 2 striker setup.

Looks foolhardy to me but if it comes off then Stendel will deserve every bit of credit which would come his way.

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly this . 

Hes being ask to play Wed Sat the last few weeks and it's a matter of time till he breaks down with that schedule. Boyce looked jaded against Killie and Falkirk. 

These two are essential to our survival . I'd have given both them the week of till Hamilton and then St Mirren. 

We are going for a win, get behind the team for the next 90 mins instead of poking holes and dampening the mood

4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

A betting pal of mine tells me that a Hearts/ Killie double pays 100-1

I had 68-1 on a treble

West Brom to beat Reading away

Celtic v Hearts btts

Stoke v Preston bbts/draw 

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The weakest element of celtic is the defence (not the goalie) but Simunovic and Ajer are not that great and need targeted Just handing all the initiative to celtic gives them immediate confidence, as if they need it.. I could be so wrong but the Hearts line up gives them something to think about beyond stroking it about our 18 yard box. 

Hopefully. 

48 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Avdijaj to come on and be a hero with last minute winner!!!

Lennon meltdown. 

Broon red card and injured.

Glass is overflowing at present 👍👍

Glasgow is a city after all

Have just listened to 

Cello suite no. 1 in G major (Johan Sebastian Bach)

Now for... 

Die Walkure, Act III, Ride of the Valkyries
(Richard Wagner) 

Now, very much in the mood! 

Deepfriedpizza
53 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

In the Hearts end with a flag  :whistling:

The way he's acted when at Tynie in recent years, he'd be lucky to leave without that pole shoved up his arse :D