*** Official St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

That second half drop off was an utter disgrace. Individual mistakes costing us every week man. 

First goal, no clue what Aidy White was doing, which dragged Souttar in along with the fact May lost Halkett too easily, albeit scuffing his shot 

Second goal, Naisy doesn’t track his man, McCann who passed it back to Pereira, which somehow went in. 

Third goal is a penalty conceded by Halkett (I have not seen a replay so can’t judge whether it was his mistake again) 

Pass marks to Boyce and Clare only. Far too many passengers, especially Henderson + Meshino

Harsh on Henderson.  He was superb first half.

Meshino isn’t a Stendel player, he just looks like a square peg in a round hole now.  Hope it’s just an away game thing and that he picks things up in home games when there’s more space.  He’s certainly not a winger and in this system I’d rather have seen Washington or Moore on from the start.  

Another thing I’ve noticed is that Irving’s confidence and play is totally dictated by how Souttar and Halkett are playing.  When Souttar and Halkett chucked it after half time, Irving lost it as well and was struggling to make simple passes when there was no pressure on.  

Impressed with big Honda once again 👍.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• E6 Inc

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Last 5 games:

Top 6: 

Celtic (61 total) 12 points

Rangers (57 total) 10 points

Motherwell (41 total) 7 points

Aberdeen (38 total) 6 points

Livingston  (34 total) 12 points

Hiberian (30 total) 8 points

Bottom 6:

Kilmarnock (26 total) 3 points

St Johnston (24 total) 5 points

Ross County (22 total) 2 points

St Mirren (21 total) 5 points

Heart of Midlothian (18 total) 6 points

Hamilton (18 total) 6 points

Killie and County in freefall right now with the rest of the bottom 6 scoring at least a point a game.

9 games to go until the split for most teams (Hamilton play Celtic tomorrow and St Johnston play Aberdeen on wednesday)

Hibs creeping towards the bottom 6 just in time for the derby 😎😎😎

Ex member of the SaS

Last week we were brilliant and SJ were shocking , this week it's the exact opposite. Too many standing flat footed when expecting ( most not even expecting )  a pass. Poor distribution and too many passengers second half. Too many just walking around instead of finding space. If we are to play high, the defense MUST be more aware of the ball over the top and react quicker.

Lucky to get the draw in a game we should have walked. St J should have had half their team booked for niggly fouls, May should have been booked when he jumped in front of the foul and didn't move away, can't understand why we take the foul instead of making more of an issue with this. The linesman giving them everything when it was clearly a goal kick, on a couple of occasions. 

An away point in our position is crucial, I’ll take it no bother when you consider how disgraceful our record in Perth has been for the full decade. Showed good character to come back twice. Deffo need to win at home midweek now as another draw wouldn’t be good enough.

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hibs creeping towards the bottom 6 just in time for the derby 😎😎😎

Absolutely mate 😎😎😎we will **** them they are pure p**h

42 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure he was lost for words with Uche when he tried to control the ball twice and then fell on his erse in front of Stendel. :rofl:big ****ing Donkey. 

That incident summed up our second half performance.

Nelly Terraces
38 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Not West Ham's. It's like a ******* Joy Division album the now

Haha - must take a look. Being a Leyton Orient man from my years in London it'll be a fecking pleasure to do so!  

18 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Was absolutely raging at this guy and the cross at the end, wtf was that, last seconds of the match and you put it out of play ffs, should’ve put it low and hard, couldn’t believe it.

It made a change from hitting first man.

Just seen the first goal on ALBA and it was poor defending at the throw, then in behind and when the cut back happened there was no one tight.

I didnt think the keeper was at fault as it was in the corner, albeit scuffed.

Edited by Jamboelite

39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure he was lost for words with Uche when he tried to control the ball twice and then fell on his erse in front of Stendel. :rofl:big ****ing Donkey. 

That big Donkey, as you put it, made a huge difference when he came on.

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The guys only kicked the ball about a dozen times for us.

Give him time.

All for giving him time but it wasn’t dificult. 

Fly the Saltire

What from what I have seen so far not impressed by Avdijaj,  can't score and can't deliver decent dead balls.  Should have signed a one eyed goalie instead

14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Mashino has no power.

Irvine and sibbick were dead on their feet second half so weren't covering the full backs.

Irving was diabolical at times today he is so piss poor when hes got to tackle or do anything defensive at all. He can fair pick a pass though. He’s superb when we protect him awful when we don’t 🤯👌🏻 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

What from what I have seen so far not impressed by Avdijaj,  can't score and can't deliver decent dead balls.  Should have signed a one eyed goalie instead

One legged goalie even!!

13 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Haha - must take a look. Being a Leyton Orient man from my years in London it'll be a fecking pleasure to do so!  

Honestly if you think this place is bad Knees up Mother Brown makes it look like the official site.

Understandably though. Fans promised next level all assumed the chuckle brothers meant next level up. Soulless stadium, awful team even the badge is shit

11 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Need to give him a chance,   he's only played a couple of away games when the whole team has been struggling.    He may well settle and do us a turn. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

To be fair the big man dusted himself down and got stuck in.

Beat 3 men and set up new winger for a chance at goal

5 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He has far less ability though. 

If we play quickly and incisively we should win.

Do you want to review that one Tosh.

44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s going to be some ride under Stendel! Nervous and excited at the same time. 

Without a doubt on our feet then biting our nails 😂😂

Last week at this time everyone would have jumped at 4 points from our last two games, small steps as a previous poster has said. Wednesday's game should show if we are progressing.  Still unbeaten this decade. 

Onwards and upwards..

2 minutes ago, dav1e said:

Last week at this time everyone would have jumped at 4 points from our last two games, small steps as a previous poster has said. Wednesday's game should show if we are progressing.  Still unbeaten this decade. 

Onwards and upwards..

John mcCartney
59 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Was absolutely raging at this guy and the cross at the end, wtf was that, last seconds of the match and you put it out of play ffs, should’ve put it low and hard, couldn’t believe it.

bloke is not impressing me one bit,I recognise hes just arrived...
from Dingwalls theatrical fall to shitting it v goalie 5 mins from the end coupled with a ballooned vital free kick in extra time at Perth today.

Just now, John mcCartney said:

bloke is not impressing me one bit,I recognise hes just arrived...
from Dingwalls theatrical fall to shitting it v goalie 5 mins from the end coupled with a ballooned vital free kick in extra time at Perth today.

naisy ran over to him just before the free kick so I’m guessing told him to whip it in and he’s got too much on it! Would play him instead of meshino at home on Wednesday to try him out

Back from the game and can’t believe how we fell apart 2nd half. We could’ve lost by a good few and made them look like Liverpool at times.

I will gladly take a point. Well done Sean Clare. Great to see that welt Timmy Wright lose his shit on the touch line when it went in.

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

naisy ran over to him just before the free kick so I’m guessing told him to whip it in and he’s got too much on it! Would play him instead of meshino at home on Wednesday to try him out

So would I. Meshino was a passenger today. Him and pereira let the side down. 

Edited by GinRummy

49 minutes ago, sadj said:

Irving was diabolical at times today he is so piss poor when hes got to tackle or do anything defensive at all. He can fair pick a pass though. He’s superb when we protect him awful when we don’t 🤯👌🏻 

The lad shouldn't be in the team when we're away . Decent at home though 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

That big Donkey, as you put it, made a huge difference when he came on.

indeed he did. dragged us back into to it when we were completely out of it. well done Uche 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So would I. Meshino was a passenger today. Him and pereira let the side down. 

yep. thought  Meshino should have been off at half time at the latest. possibly the worst I have seen from a Hearts keeper today. absolutely shocking

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Back from the game and can’t believe how we fell apart 2nd half. We could’ve lost by a good few and made them look like Liverpool at times.

I will gladly take a point. Well done Sean Clare. Great to see that welt Timmy Wright lose his shit on the touch line when it went in.

it was lovely to see that joker Wright losing it. The guy never stops greetin and is in the ear of the 4th official at any opportunity. reminds me of Wenger. Only ever sees one teams offences whilst his players are to every trick and diving at any opportunity especially  their number 9.

May have already been mentioned but according to Hearts site we had 3,321 through there today - absolutely fantastic when you consider we were bottom of the league. 

A very entertaining game - we were very good 1st half, dominated, but as DS says a different team seemed to come out 2nd half. What a hit by Sean Clare though, brilliant. Would certainly have taken 4 points out of 6 before last Sunday. We move on now, huge game on Wed. 

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sorry never watched the game to today don’t wanna look back all  the posts  are we talking about Donis?

Got to be happy with a point the way the second half panned out and if i'd been offered 4 from the last two games I'd have happily taken them. Lots to not be happy about the second half but we are now off the bottom, just got to keep winning and climbing the league.

I thought Toby should have been off at half time after he got elbowed in the ribs as he was holding his side constantly and struggled in the second half. I really felt so unhappy with life at that moment until Uche bless him lightened the mood with nutmegging himself then falling over. A bit of a lucky point in the end but 5 from the last 9 was more than expected so bring on the Killie 👍

11 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

May have already been mentioned but according to Hearts site we had 3,321 through there today - absolutely fantastic when you consider we were bottom of the league. 

A very entertaining game - we were very good 1st half, dominated, but as DS says a different team seemed to come out 2nd half. What a hit by Sean Clare though, brilliant. Would certainly have taken 4 points out of 6 before last Sunday. We move on now, huge game on Wed. 

Absolutely let’s applaud the jambos that went through to Perth  👏 

Anyone elses Sat Nav take them the wrong way? We had a nightmare. 

Decent point considering that 2nd half. Let's beat this Killie mob on Wednesday. 

14 minutes ago, One five said:

Sorry never watched the game to today don’t wanna look back all  the posts  are we talking about Donis?

yeah donis took a free kick in injury time at the touch line. Ballooned the free kick past the goal for a bye kick and ref blew final whistle

Just home from the game......WOW wtf happened at half time?! A completely different team came out in the 2nd half. Thank god for Clare’s strike to rescue a point! 
Today highlighted how badly we cope with balls over the top! Caught out every time. They just kept shelling them up and over and it worked far far too easily. 

Meshino is far too lightweight, Perrera had a nightmare. 

3 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Just home from the game......WOW wtf happened at half time?! A completely different team came out in the 2nd half. Thank god for Clare’s strike to rescue a point! 
Today highlighted how badly we cope with balls over the top! Caught out every time. They just kept shelling them up and over and it worked far far too easily. 

Meshino is far too lightweight, Perrera had a nightmare. 

Agreed

1 hour ago, gordiegords said:

Did you see Naismith kick the post? He told Donis what to do, then he totally took the gas and over hit. 

Trying too hard. 

12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

yeah donis took a free kick in injury time at the touch line. Ballooned the free kick past the goal for a bye kick and ref blew final whistle

O ‘ dear ! Apart from that how did he look?