*** Official St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

Nelly Terraces
5 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

We really do have a support of teenage girls.

I love them!

I hate them!

I love them!

I hate them!

You really should try other clubs sites mate. EXACTLY the same! :biggrin2:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• E6 Inc

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why do you take such pleasure in any hearts negativity? You are an utter wee troll

This isn't news mate, he's deliberate AF about it too, knows to change tack when it heats up. He'll be quiet for a while then maybe go back to stupid questions for a bit, being slightly provocative, playing dumb, then out with the Mr Innocent Please don't be so rude shite.

I see you JiH, I see you.

Anyhoo, disappointing today but starting  to pick up draws away from home is perfectly acceptable for getting us out of trouble.

Just now, cosanostra said:

Pereira is not a goalie tbh.

His poor handling of that 45-yard lob was was eye-popping.  He was completely at sea.

Clark Griswold

The way I look at it is if we’d been offered 4 points before the sevco game from both games, I’d have bitten your hand off for that.

as someone said above, something to build on.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Point gained but these players really need to find their testicles more often 

Basically,aye. 

Maybe starting to show some guts through poor performance but it can’t be ignored the way we let ourselves drop after half time. Stendel’s attitude definitely showing in the team now, he just needs time in the summer to cast aside the weak. 

4 points from these two games is a good haul, but tbh I'd rather have drawn to the Zombies and won the relegation 6 pointer.

Showed great tenacity to grab a point today.

Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

That's what happens when you press when you are not playing well. Should have sat back a bit and composed ourselves at the start of the second have.

Yup. I think we were playing into their hands by continuing the high press after St. J changed things for the second half, they were getting so much joy playing it over the top and with White and Clare pushing up it was leaving Halkett and Souttar exposed. No issue with that being our style of play but felt it was all too easily exploited today. 

Would probably have taken a point before the game so happy enough with the end result. Win at home, draw away and we'll be fine. 

3 minutes ago, gedster said:

second half the centre halfs were shocking, absolutely horrific. And the keeper, piss poor. Eight other players and the subs must be shaking their heads playing with them today. Ominous when the chips are down.

This is extremely worrying. Been the case all season. Got away with it a little last week with last ditch lunges. And mainly because Rangers only hit the target once. If they hit it twice or three times or four times they would have scored 2, 3 or 4, because Joel is the worst shot stopper I’ve seen in 30 years at Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

The way I look at it is if we’d been offered 4 points before the sevco game from both games, I’d have bitten your hand off for that.

as someone said above, something to build on.

As Heather Small once said. We’re movin’ on up.

Bobby has his brain farts but he knows how to keep the shots out, unlike the imposter who played today. 

Cost us 2 points, not on his own may I add but played a massive part in it. 

Not F****** good enough now **** off back manure utd. 

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Can't argue with that, but we'll pick up enough points in the remaining games to easily avoid the drop.

Possibly, but let's stop all this top six nonsense. We are in a massive dogfight to avoid relegation, make no mistake.

Just now, jambopilms said:

That's what happens when you press when you are not playing well. Should have sat back a bit and composed ourselves at the start of the second have.

Having not watched the game I’m not sure exactly how it went but I must agree, we should have been more composed in the first 15 in the second half then they would  start to get to get agitated and leave gaps at the back but tbh mate I’ll take 1 point ... off the bottom 👍

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

its stressful eh ? 😂 

I defended the keeper for the first goal but he’s gotta save that 2nd goal . 

Man alive it isnt half.

We need a solid goalkeeper and back 4 if we want to play this attacking pressing game. 

Teams will play quick long ball to counter us and we need to have a solid defence to manage.

A good point. Dreadful second half. Awful goalkeeper. Centre backs looked lost and unsure what they were doing most of the time. But..... Two months ago that was a loss. No question. We need every bit of luck we can get and today we take it and move on. Still unbeaten in 2020. But yes....jeezo this is tough going. Suspect much more to come as the team settles into the system. Especially away from home.

Not what we wanted and lost a winning position but it's a boost to avoid the loss.    Kilmarnock won at last so that becomes a little more difficult now.   

St.Johnstone can still fall back in and Ross County are falling down.    Draws away are ok but it looks like Kilmarnock at home should be as near to a 'must win' as you get.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Usual BBC high standards.  :vrface:

Get it right f....g up the c....s   bbc b......s🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🤣🤣🤣

We've no won across in Perth for 10 years... it's a good point to get considering it's a 90th minute equaliser. We'll pump everyone at Tyne so all is good in the hood ;)

4 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Unbeaten in 5 my friends. Sheep,airdrie,ross county,sevco and today. We are getting there.im happy with the point its an away game. 

Exactly this. Really disappointed we couldn’t hold onto the lead but we are undefeated in 5 now

Its gone now. We move forward. Our defensive positioning second half wasn’t good. We pressed and squashed the right areas defensively against rangers .. not so much today 

We nearly lost the game so I’ll take a point today and we move on to the next one ☝️ 

Unbeaten in 5 and if this shows anything it's that games will not be dull 

Edited by dinwoodie1

Off the bottom, the Killie, Midden and Hammy games are all vital. We must take points in all three games and preferably full points. Do that and we'll be moving out of danger. But any more bombscares like that second half and we're still right in the sh1t.

PS. If we get anything agaimst Celtic that's a HUGE bonus.

Edited by whodanny

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

His poor handling of that 45-yard lob was was eye-popping.  He was completely at sea.

He's a Sunday League goalie at best. I'd give Zlamal a go before that idiot again.

8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

From the BBC website -

Stevie May struck what proved to be the winning goal from the penalty spot

Wishful thinking from the tosser that writes up that website - is it Chick Young still?😏

9 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Strap-in folks, this is going to be the way of things for a while yet.

Plusses: We can come back from losing goals. We can score away from home. We don't give up.

Minuses: We revert to type away from home when the going gets tough. Our defence can lose all shape. Our keeper is hopeless. 

Absolutely.

And, TBF these are big, big, plusses. Ones I’m particularly happy to see.

Just now, part_time_jambo said:

So, Halkett's NOT a centre half and Clare is NOT a full back. Anybody else not something?

Aye.....Joel Pereira isnae a goalkeeper :whistling:

Seriously though, Clare does his best work going forward, you know that, I know that. If he comes up against pace when the opposition attacks there's a big gap and we are weak defending on the right. Seen it quite a few times.

Halkett is a decent player and can play as a centre-half but he's more comfortable in the defensive midfield area where he can find a pass to a team-mate. Still need another defender to tighten up at the back.

Edited by jambonian

1 minute ago, Des' Dad said:

Possibly, but let's stop all this top six nonsense. We are in a massive dogfight to avoid relegation, make no mistake.

Top six is well out of reach I would think, and avoiding relegation is our priority. I think we'll be OK, based mainly on our home form.

With our powerful new attacking strategy we have of course found we are vulnerable on counterattack, but we might be wise to let the next keeper in line have a chance.. My nerves are shot.   Apart from this we are turning things around . 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

He's a Sunday League goalie at best. I'd give Zlamal a go before that idiot again.

Put him (bobby) in on wed, see if he can do the bizzo for us,,,

Next few league games:

At home to Killie

Away at Celtic

At home to Hamilton

Away at St Mirren

2 home wins and an away point would not be shite.
Beating Hamilton and avoiding defeat to St Liedown are very important.

Just now, Cade said:

Next few league games:

At home to Killie

Away at Celtic

At home to Hamilton

Away at St Mirren

Win

pumped

win

draw

Stendel and his backroom team know what went wrong today and he’s learning things about his team everyday.
I have every faith in him to continually turn us around.

keeper gives me the fear though!!!!

We played our "Get out of Jail Free" card today, Absolutely awful second half. St J could have put 6 past us today.

Still, a point away from home is welcome given our current situation.

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Put him (bobby) in on wed, see if he can do the bizzo for us,,,

Out of the frying pan and into a different frying pan, imo.

Bobby has given up some awful goals too, including the Cup Final in May.

Pre-Ross game we would have taken our current position.     We were cut adrift with a real danger of going further adrift.     We've given ourselves every chance.     

Brighton Jambo

Unbeaten in 5, four in the league.

yes the performance was bad but another away point and three goals.  Off the bottom with Hamilton needing to play Celtic tomorrow.

excited for Wednesday, Let’s makes some noise.  

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Next few league games:

At home to Killie

Away at Celtic

At home to Hamilton

Away at St Mirren

Beating Hamilton and Killie are a must!!

we absolutely have to win all our remaining home games imo.

We were abysmal 2nd half. Halkett getting caught wrong side, stupid challenge and Poppadom hands in goals cost us the game. Sean Clare our fecking saviour. What a hit son. 

Naisy, Clare and Boyce were our best players. 

Point more than we had at the start though. 

Edited by Cruyff

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Next few league games:

At home to Killie

Away at Celtic

At home to Hamilton

Away at St Mirren

7 would or 9 would be great.We can't lose to Hamilton or St Mirren though

Everybody now ready to stop hoping hubz lose to the direct competition? Or do some prefer this to be as difficult as possible a position to get out of? Hubz losing is more important than Hearts surviving in the league?

Just now, jake said:

No not Bobby.

Just no.

Bobby is surely better than Joel. In my eyes he is anyway. 

Joel has been an utter waste of time and effort. He should be back down the road tomorrow.