*** Official St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian Match Day Thread ***

kila

Captain Sausage
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We were abysmal 2nd half. Halkett getting caught wrong side, stupid challenge and Poppadom hands in goals cost us the game. Sean Clare our fecking saviour. What a hit son. 

Naisy, Clare and Boyce were our best players. 

Point more than we had at the start though. 

Poppadom hands :lol:

Bizarre game. Thought we dominated the first half but were incredibly lucky not to lose. 

Pereira is not the answer to our goalkeeping woes. He’s absolute dire. Thought Halkett and Souttar were poor but a brilliant finish from Clare rescued us. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• E6 Inc

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

Just now, communist said:

Bobby is surely better than Joel. In my eyes he is anyway. 

Joel has been an utter waste of time and effort. He should be back down the road tomorrow. 

Not for me.

Although joe isnt great he can be trusted more than Bobby

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not what we wanted and lost a winning position but it's a boost to avoid the loss.    Kilmarnock won at last so that becomes a little more difficult now.   

St.Johnstone can still fall back in and Ross County are falling down.    Draws away are ok but it looks like Kilmarnock at home should be as near to a 'must win' as you get.

Agreed and with the game at Paisley on Wednesday against Hamilton 3 points for the jt’s  at tynecastle on Wednesday would be just fine 👍

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Usual BBC high standards.  :vrface:

apparently Liam Boyce scored an 'injury time winner' on 83 minutes v Rangers last week to go along with Sean's injury time equaliser today on 91 minutes.  FFS BBC stop letting the Sportsound team write these shamefully inaccurate articles and match reports!

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

7 would or 9 would be great.We can't lose to Hamilton or St Mirren though

We could, but it would be bad. 

I have seen worse games than that. Good point.

Lots of goals and a very open game. We need to be a bit more sensible defensively while trying to keep lots of bodies up the park.

Lettuce hands is a shocking keeper, I honestly can not remember him saving a shot that's not directly at him.

Edited by dsk1210

1 minute ago, ScoPo said:

Thankfully Ross County are crumbling.  They are heading down imo.  

Roy Macgregor will make a change. They've got some good players up there, decent budget.

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Poppadom hands :lol:

Bizarre game. Thought we dominated the first half but were incredibly lucky not to lose. 

Pereira is not the answer to our goalkeeping woes. He’s absolute dire. Thought Halkett and Souttar were poor but a brilliant finish from Clare rescued us. 

We were superb first half. As you say, bizarre game. We fell apart second half. Lost our shape and our composure. 

Halkett and Soapy were poor, Soapy slightly better, his header from that cross was crucial. 

Can't see Pereira in goals next week tbh. 

It's a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul with regards to the Goalkeepers. Pereira great on the ball but hands like loafs o breed, Bobby can't kick for shit, erratic as feck but a good shot stopper. 

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Everybody now ready to stop hoping hubz lose to the direct competition? Or do some prefer this to be as difficult as possible a position to get out of? Hubz losing is more important than Hearts surviving in the league?

Some absolutely numpties on here - hate Hibs more than they love Hearts! 😏

1 minute ago, dsk1210 said:

I have seen worse games than that. Good point.

Lots of goals and a very open game. We need to be a bit more sensible defensively while trying to keep lots of bodies up the park.

Lettuce hands is a shocking keeper, I honestly can not remind him saving a shot that's not directly at him.

Even when they are straight at him he still can't catch it. Unbelieveable... 

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This isn't news mate, he's deliberate AF about it too, knows to change tack when it heats up. He'll be quiet for a while then maybe go back to stupid questions for a bit, being slightly provocative, playing dumb, then out with the Mr Innocent Please don't be so rude shite.

I see you JiH, I see you.

Anyhoo, disappointing today but starting  to pick up draws away from home is perfectly acceptable for getting us out of trouble.

Indeed disappointed after the first half but what a ping to keep the unbeaten run going and that can only breed some self confidence. If you said we would go 1down wed all think loss , 3-2 the same and we got the point. Should have had 3 at the end that was a great chance to cause carnage with the final free kick.

12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Unbeaten in 5, four in the league.

yes the performance was bad but another away point and three goals.  Off the bottom with Hamilton needing to play Celtic tomorrow.

excited for Wednesday, Let’s makes some noise.  

home to Killie and Hamilton at St Mirren.....

Rangers though 😂🙈

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Stendel and his backroom team know what went wrong today and he’s learning things about his team everyday.
I have every faith in him to continually turn us around.

keeper gives me the fear though!!!!

I really hope you’re right. 

Until today Killie hadn't won a league match since pumping us 3-0...including 7 defeats on the trot.  We all know that teams without a win / an away win / on any kind of piss poor run of form come to Tynecastle and that run comes to a spectacular end.   Here's hoping the omens are good for the visit of Killie on Wednesday.

HHGH FTH!

Nucky Thompson

Good strike, earns us a point and shuts up the trolls and hobos who would have polluted this board tonight

14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Everybody now ready to stop hoping hubz lose to the direct competition? Or do some prefer this to be as difficult as possible a position to get out of? Hubz losing is more important than Hearts surviving in the league?

Why are you even bring Hibs up on a Hearts v Saints match thread , get a grip . Who gives a **** about those clowns apart t from the usual interlopers and sadsacks on here 

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Unfortunately, that tactic doesn't require good players to carry out. Every team can  catch us out by the long punt.

It can with our keeper and centre halves playing shite!

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Good strike, earns us a point and shuts up the trolls and hobos who would have polluted this board tonight

Aye, this place is awash with them. GIRUY infiltrators. 

29 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You really should try other clubs sites mate. EXACTLY the same! :biggrin2:

Haha, no doubt! On the plus side, at least its exciting again!

Before it was just 'I hate them'

J.T.F.Robertson

How can a team be so dominant in the first half then hardly able to get out of their own half in the second?

Shouldn't happen.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Unbeaten start to the year so there's definitely progress but the 2nd half today we never came out and Pereira is a bombscare 

2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

How can a team be so dominant in the first half then hardly able to get out of their own half in the second?

Shouldn't happen.

Baffling. 

i wasnt there but it sounded like panic stations after st johnstones early chances in the second half. 

very nervous second half performance by the sound of it. 

take a point 

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, djseant said:

Big Dave?????

Correct, Big Dave.

His real name sounds far to Celtic minded, so we've changed it to Dave.

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What happened?

Boyce won a free kick in the 94th minute on the edge of the left side of the box. I think it was Advijaj that took it (I dunno) but he overhit it out to the other side for a goal kick, Daniel was throwing his hands up. 

Edited by Cruyff

38 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You really should try other clubs sites mate. EXACTLY the same! :biggrin2:

Not West Ham's. It's like a ******* Joy Division album the now

I am just home from the game (live near Dundee)

First half we had almost total control.

Second half they just knocked balls over the top and had two runners onto every ball, pretty much what Michael Stewart and Steven Thomson suggested would trouble our gung ho system.

Clare was posted missing on the right (great goal though) and Halkett had a mare. 

At the end of the day I think we were lucky to get a draw. 

24 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Right now I’ll take a 10th place finish and 50 points behind Hibs just to survive this awful season and rebuild under Stendel!

SectionDJambo

St.Johnstone didn't deserve the win at Tynecastle in December.  We got lucky today.

They're still up on the points from both games. We'll take the 4 out of 6 from this last 7 days and move on.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

He looked lost for words, shocked

I'm sure he was lost for words with Uche when he tried to control the ball twice and then fell on his erse in front of Stendel. :rofl:big ****ing Donkey. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Disappointed not to take full points but I suppose it is baby steps after a year of dross. As long as we beat Killie next it is progress at least!

24 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

Thankfully Ross County are crumbling.  They are heading down imo.  

Rangers workmate thought they were decent at ibrox.

We were possibly fortunate for our draw up there.

We missed chances then Erwin missed a really big one later.

We need to learn to win, a good first half then throw the lead with a poor second half.

beauty of a strike from Clare.

I know wee Henderson has been playing well, but would have preferred Advijaj earlier.

That second half drop off was an utter disgrace. Individual mistakes costing us every week man. 

First goal, no clue what Aidy White was doing, which dragged Souttar in along with the fact May lost Halkett too easily, albeit scuffing his shot 

Second goal, Naisy doesn’t track his man, McCann who passed it back to Pereira, which somehow went in. 

Third goal is a penalty conceded by Halkett (I have not seen a replay so can’t judge whether it was his mistake again) 

Pass marks to Boyce and Clare only. Far too many passengers, especially Henderson + Meshino

40 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Hearts winning will save us. Hibs losing is a,bonus

Falkirk could only draw at stranraer today.  After disposing of kilmarnock, surely we will comfortably progress into the last 8.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Was absolutely raging at this guy and the cross at the end, wtf was that, last seconds of the match and you put it out of play ffs, should’ve put it low and hard, couldn’t believe it.

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Boyce won a free kick in the 94th minute on the edge of the left side of the box. I think it was Advijaj that took it (I dunno) but he overhit it out to the other side for a goal kick, Daniel was throwing his hands up. 

Donis Mulraney

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Was absolutely raging at this guy and the cross at the end, wtf was that, last seconds of the match and you put it out of play ffs, should’ve put it low and hard, couldn’t believe it.

The guys only kicked the ball about a dozen times for us.

Give him time.

Last 5 games:

Top 6: 

Celtic (61 total) 12 points

Rangers (57 total) 10 points

Motherwell (41 total) 7 points

Aberdeen (38 total) 6 points

Livingston  (34 total) 12 points

Hiberian (30 total) 8 points

Bottom 6:

Kilmarnock (26 total) 3 points

St Johnston (24 total) 5 points

Ross County (22 total) 2 points

St Mirren (21 total) 5 points

Heart of Midlothian (18 total) 6 points

Hamilton (18 total) 6 points

Killie and County in freefall right now with the rest of the bottom 6 scoring at least a point a game.

9 games to go until the split for most teams (Hamilton play Celtic tomorrow and St Johnston play Aberdeen on wednesday)