St Johnstone on Saturday

22games nro

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There were some great strikers in that team, but none of them lasted, the way I think Boyce will. I think he could score 100 goals for us over time, that excited about him

Hope you are right with that prediction... but that is one hell of an extrapolation based on a deflected shot! What I really do hope for is that he does not go from being the messiah to a bucket of shite who is not good enough to play for Hearts during the course of the next games... like so many have done before him... on here at any rate:lol: 

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kiwidoug

• HMFC86

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There were some great strikers in that team, but none of them lasted, the way I think Boyce will. I think he could score 100 goals for us over time, that excited about him

Hope you are right, but he will have to go some to emulate Bednar and the Janny.

Both were actually with us for 2 or 3 seasons I think ?

Top players although not necessarily prolific. I think that's the most likely area where Boyce will surpass them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Hope you are right with that prediction... but that is one hell of an extrapolation based on a deflected shot! What I really do hope for is that he does not go from being the messiah to a bucket of shite who is not good enough to play for Hearts during the course of the next games... like so many have done before him... on here at any rate:lol: 

Just now, Busby8 said:

Hope you are right, but he will have to go some to emulate Bednar and the Janny.

Both were actually with us for 2 or 3 seasons I think ?

Top players although not necessarily prolific. I think that's the most likely area where Boyce will surpass them.

As I say, I don't like making bold predictions, he has to stay fit of course, but if you get the chance, take a look at YouTube and see all the goals he scored for Ross County.

All sorts, guy has got that knack,  with our new style of football I think he will have tons of chances. Proper excited, best toy I think we have had in a long long time, Naismith is obviously quality, but this guy is 5 years younger and a natural finisher. Great signing

Question: If Levein had manage the Championship team instead of Robbie Neilson would the outcome have been the same?

I suspect we'd have been much closer to the other two and only beaten Cowdenbeath 2-1 rather than 10-0. 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

We are indeed. Souttar and Naismith make such a difference and we can probably now add Boyce to that list. He looks a proper football player, surprised that no one else has taken a chance on him.

Based on his time with County and then watching him Sunday, I'm not one for rash predictions but I reckon its the best centre forward in 22 years

With cup games and the rest of the league games, on current ratio he might be our first 20 goaler since Robbo this season.....

😉

Edited by Jammy T

Just now, Tasavallan said:

Question: If Levein had manage the Championship team instead of Robbie Neilson would the outcome have been the same?

I suspect we'd have been much closer to the other two and only beaten Cowdenbeath 2-1 rather than 10-0. 

I’m trying to see the tenuous link to the St Johnstone game here but failing miserably !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

With cup games and the rest of the league games, on current ratio he might be our first 20 goaler since Robbo this season.....

😉

Just love the way he makes space and finds it. He had the Rangers defence petrified.

Hat trick on Saturday :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

3 points is 3 points.

Would Hibs have won the cup in 2016?

Pure devils advocate :)

Captain Canada

With Hickey definitely out and Smith possibly missing too, I wonder if we'll just start with the same team? 

Would be good to have a defender on the bench if possible and maybe one or two new signings. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

3 points is 3 points.

Question not pointed at me but, if my memory isn't too frazzled, I think we had to make 2 subs due to injuries in the Hibs game at home, Buaben and Ozturk.  I seem to recall that Ozturk going off disrupted us, we looked so comfortable. 

Still, I acknowledge that sometimes luck takes different forms to win the cup.  I still wonder how we navigated past Falkirk in the SF 98', McCallister was sensational and it was the type of game I had got used to us losing - see Airdrie, St Mirren previously.

Therefore, sometimes a managers legacy with a club may be defined by luck or fine margins. RN never hung about long enough to understand if he really is any good.

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

3 points is 3 points.

And a very good one at that. :)

Just now, EH11 said:

Question not pointed at me but, if my memory isn't too frazzled, I think we had to make 2 subs due to injuries in the Hibs game at home, Buaben and Ozturk.  I seem to recall that Ozturk going off disrupted us, we looked so comfortable. 

Still, I acknowledge that sometimes luck takes different forms to win the cup.  I still wonder how we navigated past Falkirk in the SF 98', McCallister was sensational and it was the type of game I had got used to us losing - see Airdrie, St Mirren previously.

Therefore, sometimes a managers legacy with a club may be defined by luck or fine margins. RN never hung about long enough to understand if he really is any good.

Both 2012 and 2016 Cups were won with a load of fine margins. If you believe that some things are meant both would be good evidence. Hibs defender also made an amazing gravity defying clearance off the line in the last seconds of the 2-2 game. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Falkirk semi had disaster written over it, didn't it. But that was a good team, Aberdeen helped us over the bogey 2 years earlier, almost as sweet as winning the cup in context at the time.

I wish Robbie had hung about. However, CL does split Hearts fans, don't look back in anger, DS seems to be extremely popular with everyone, and we move forwards. We'll never know eh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Both 2012 and 2016 Cups were won with a load of fine margins. If you believe that some things are meant both would be good evidence. Hibs defender also made an amazing gravity defying clearance off the line in the last seconds of the 2-2 game. 

2012 of course the fine margin was in multiples of 5

Should it have been 5 or 10!!!!!!

PS I know what you mean :)

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Keep an eye out for the South Stand opening to Hearts fans, I think that might happen. It has for other clubs in the past

Just back from their ground. No cash gate on Saturday. Hearts originally asked for 700 tickets......then we won a game!!!

There may be further tickets online if they move segregation. I bought for home section and promised to behave!

1 hour ago, deejtee said:

Just back from their ground. No cash gate on Saturday. Hearts originally asked for 700 tickets......then we won a game!!!

There may be further tickets online if they move segregation. I bought for home section and promised to behave!

Dont know why they would only ask for 700 tickets. 

Even in bad times we just about fill the North Stand for Saturday games. 

Usually open a cash gate though. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts say Sold Out

In a 10,000 seat stadium where they gave Celtic 7,000 plus on Wednesday. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-info-st-johnstone-a-1-2

They are giving OF three stands and moving season ticket holders to accommodate

Doubt that will be happening for Hearts but sounds like a decent sized travelling crowd

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts say Sold Out

In a 10,000 seat stadium where they gave Celtic 7,000 plus on Wednesday. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-info-st-johnstone-a-1-2

Check later as the ticket office at St J said they may be able to give Hearts more to sell, They said to me I could wait and see even until Saturday.

🎟 There will be a cash gate at McDiarmid Park on Saturday (South Stand). Roughly 600 tickets will be available 👍

from hearts twitter 

been here before
4 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

And of course the 12th Man - The Support - 100% getting behind the team every week

Especially when all these day trippers come crawling out the woodwork and can be bothered turning up.

Edited by been here before

A good win and a couple of new signings should see a bumper crowd for Killie.  

Huge week coming up.  Improved form, improved league position and progression in the Cup all in prospect.

3 good wins please with lashings of goals.

Improving performance is rarely in straight lines. I would not be surprised if the heights of last weekend are not attained. However, the prize of getting off the bottom is surely enough to motivate a fighting show. 

1-1 or 1-2.

maroonlegions

We've had confirmation that a cash gate will be in operation at McDiarmid Park (South Stand). Roughly 600 tickets will be available.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Especially when all these day trippers come crawling out the woodwork and can be bothered turning up.

Just no need for that. 😏

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Another section just opened up in West Stand for us. Bought 3 tickets. About 40 left. 

Where are you seeing this? none on e-tickets

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Via the St Johnstone website. Go through Hearts homepage then use the link to get away tickets directly from Saints. You get it as a pdf. 

Ive tried but it takes you to the home support only

been here before
17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just no need for that. 😏

Awww **** the man child attention seeker is rattled. Time to turn this thread into one about you now is it?

You're in your own with it you crushing bore. But first go on and have the last word you live for.

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Dont know why they would only ask for 700 tickets. 

Even in bad times we just about fill the North Stand for Saturday games. 

Usually open a cash gate though. 

We only had about 400 at the last visit -Leveins last game. 

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Awww **** the man child attention seeker is rattled. Time to turn this thread into one about you now is it?

You're in your own with it you crushing bore. But first go on and have the last word you live for.

And what did you try to turn the thread into? Bash on with your childish personal insults - it doesn’t change the fact that your post was crass and uncalled for.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And what did you try to turn the thread into? Bash on with your childish personal insults - it doesn’t change the fact that your post was crass and uncalled for.

Edited by been here before

Just now, soonbe110 said:

It’s good that numbers are big again and the phrase Loyalty Points makes a welcome return.

Just shows how pissed off a lot of fans were. 
Onwards though, what’s done is done. 

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s good that numbers are big again and the phrase Loyalty Points makes a welcome return.

Just shows how pissed off a lot of fans were. 
Onwards though, what’s done is done. 

And dot counts will be back.  Get practicing Mainstand.  We need you again.😁

NaturalOrder74

We absolutely need to show them no respect, sick of them showing up to Tynecastle and taking three points hope we don’t stop and just take as many goals off them as possible 

John mcCartney

every game against them have been brutal watching recently.....time for HMFC to show some class on Saturday.Cant wait altho im in row fecking B

42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That's why I said Saturday games.

That was a midweek game and lots of fans myself included can't make midweek games.

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, been here before said:

The good time are here at last, there could be around 3k Jambos there on Saturday and you're having a dig. Tragic. 

been here before
1 minute ago, annushorribilis III said:

The good time are here at last, there could be around 3k Jambos there on Saturday and you're having a dig. Tragic. 

No-ones having a dig you drama queen.

Im just wondering where the extra 2.5k supporters have suddenly sprung from for a run of the mill league game in Perth.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Im just wondering where the extra 2.5k supporters have suddenly sprung from for a run of the mill league game in Perth.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Erm, you did have a dig at:  "day trippers" . Still doing it too. Some folk are just never happy , I suppose.  

Drama queen ?  Grow up. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Erm, you did have a dig at:  "day trippers" . Still doing it too. Some folk are just never happy , I suppose.  

Drama queen ?  Grow up. 

You know your arguing with yourself over simething thats never happened?

Bash on though.