St Johnstone on Saturday

22games nro

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Assuming we win!!! We will certainly have a good support to spur the boys on.

This is the sort of game we really should be winning to get us up the table and hopefully it is a better performance than the Ross Co game.

Yes, assuming that we win, that was included in 'if everything goes our way' but it won't be easy, it never is up there but with our new style of play and new players we have a great chance.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kiwidoug

• HMFC86

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Spot on. For the first time in my life I stopped going to home and away games, despite having paid £500 for a ST. I needed a break as I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore. Then in comes Stendel and my passion has returned. The Aberdeen game in particular had me buzzing and wanting more. Burnt a half day’s annual leave to go to Dingwall, plus another day for the following day, and now wouldn’t dream of missing a match. I can accept us losing games, but I very much doubt we’ll ever see the lack of passion from the players that we saw under Levein.

Exciting times ahead for us.

It's 1 win, let's see it play out more before making judgements. Levein was an absolute disaster and a fraud of a manager so Stendel was always going to improve things. 

STJ are a capable side and Tommy Wright a proven frustrator of teams and robber of points so this is a tough encounter. 

17 hours ago, Blair835 said:

Not sure if there's a specific thread or not but would anyone know of a supporters club in Stirling? 

There hasn't been for quite a few years.

highlandjambo3
21 hours ago, beaver said:

You'll need more than a bout to get to ground from town centre as its miles to walk. Bus or taxi required. 

So what is it then?  A train, a boat, a bus or a taxi?  Could you cycle it?

12 minutes ago, TheSandpit said:

It's 1 win, let's see it play out more before making judgements. Levein was an absolute disaster and a fraud of a manager so Stendel was always going to improve things. 

STJ are a capable side and Tommy Wright a proven frustrator of teams and robber of points so this is a tough encounter. 

It’s not the 1 win that got me excited. It was the style of play and the passion on the park. We might well lose on Saturday but it won’t be for a lack of effort or down to negative tactics. We haven’t won in Perth since 2010 so nobody should be expecting an easy game.

7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

So what is it then?  A train, a boat, a bus or a taxi?  Could you cycle it?

2.5 miles is a fairly long walk from railway station, especially when it's mainly uphill to ground. not so bad on return journey!!

Bus or taxi awaits rail travellers, or for some, they can get on their bike🚲

2 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

2.5 miles is a fairly long walk from railway station, especially when it's mainly uphill to ground. not so bad on return journey!!

Bus or taxi awaits rail travellers, or for some, they can get on their bike🚲

Are there pubs on the way from the train station? 2.5 miles ain’t so bad if it’s broken up with pubs ever half mile.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We also will never see any lack of bottle from Daniel to go out and try to win the game!

Bang on.

I can take a defeat when we have tried a leg but weak, poor, ineffective tactics that rely on "containing" the opposition coupled with a bunch of heartless, demotivated primadonnas who talk a good game is something I just cannot abide.

If Sunday is the way forward then we will win far more than we lose and even when we do lose, it wont be for the lack of trying.

Mon the Hearts!

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Has stendel said anything yet about Smith and Hickey?

Probably give an update in his press conference on Thursday/Friday. 

21 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Are there pubs on the way from the train station? 2.5 miles ain’t so bad if it’s broken up with pubs ever half mile.

There is Station Hotel beside the station (surprise, surprise), but cannot recall any on main road. There are plenty of decent pubs in City Centre, but that's going in the wrong direction for McDiarmid Park

I usually drive back via Perth City centre after game to avoid A9, so not on the look out for pubs. Sorry.

Hopefully a "local" HMFC supporter might come on board & give fellow Jambos the desired info to aid their walk.

Edited by 2205ian
A9 not M90 :o)

3 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

There is Station Hotel beside the station (surprise, surprise), but cannot recall any on main road. There are plenty of decent pubs in City Centre, but that's going in the wrong direction for McDiarmid Park

I usually drive back via Perth City centre after game to avoid M90, so not on the look out for pubs. Sorry.

Hopefully a "local" HMFC supporter might come on board & give fellow Jambos the desired info to aid their walk.

No worries cheers. The station hotel is where I went funnily enough last time I took the car 😂

I just hope they don't run out of pies like they did last time I was up there. I was in the wing main stand and I was starving. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've followed Hearts from Perth to Paisley huh. Get it back out of the cupboard if we get to the cup semis, first time ever felt a bit off on Sunday.

However we're from the capital sounded good. Still great atmosphere will help the troops again, looks like a strong support, daresay close to 3k, noisy could keep the momentum thrusting upwards

10 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Anyone know roughly how many tickets we’ve sold up to now then? Also, will this be shown on Hearts TV? 

Cheers. 

Will have video coverage on hearts tv 

Sunday was tremendous, the stand out performance of the season so far.  However, our away form for several seasons has been woeful, it will be interesting to see if the players can putin the same sort of performance on the road.  In my opinion, if we win this one we will go from strength to strength.  Lose and we’ll come crashing backdown to earth again. It’s another huge game.  

We were horrendous on our last trip up there, and that was the night the support finally turned on Levein.  We’re a far better side now, with a decent goal threat, I’m confident we can take all three points.

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Under 100 tickets left, hearts have asked for more. 

Was that not a few days ago? I was in today and staff said we got another 700. Another poster's said about 350 left behind the goals. 

Edit: you're absolutely right, I've just seen the twitter update, apologies

Edited by JH-HMFC

Nelly Terraces

We cannot afford 'performances' without getting points. It's that simple.

This game is certainly winnable & we have to go in wanting to do so - St J have been shite all season and are there for the taking - but only if we want it enough. No basking in glory from Sunday, that's done & now this game is fecking massive for us. 

On 27/01/2020 at 08:59, PTBCAL said:

Sure we haven’t  won in the league there for nearly 10 years. Nov 2010.

Criminal 

TBF, had it not been for that wee 🚀 Andrew Dallas, we would have won there last season. That penalty decision still baffles me! 

33 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

We cannot afford 'performances' without getting points. It's that simple.

This game is certainly winnable & we have to go in wanting to do so - St J have been shite all season and are there for the taking - but only if we want it enough. No basking in glory from Sunday, that's done & now this game is fecking massive for us. 

Yep winning points is far more important than playing the way we did against Rangers. 

28 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yep winning points is far more important than playing the way we did against Rangers. 

If we play with the same attitude the way we did against Rangers we will win mate 👍

mainstandjambo
1 hour ago, JH-HMFC said:

Was that not a few days ago? I was in today and staff said we got another 700. Another poster's said about 350 left behind the goals. 

Edit: you're absolutely right, I've just seen the twitter update, apologies

The 350 I mentioned were available through St Johnstone etickets and presumably are in addition to the 100 that Hearts ticket office have remaining.

20 hours ago, Blair835 said:

Not sure if there's a specific thread or not but would anyone know of a supporters club in Stirling? 

There’s no hearts supporters clubs in Stirling. I think there used to be one across in Clackmannanshire possibly Alva/Tillicoultry way but I’m not sure if it still exists. I wish there was a Hearts supporters club in Stirling though! 

Looking for x2 tickets. Can’t see where to get them..have we sold out again and getting more? Hope so. Looks like we are going to be taking a very large crowd.

2 minutes ago, speaker said:

Looking for x2 tickets. Can’t see where to get them..have we sold out again and getting more? Hope so. Looks like we are going to be taking a very large crowd.

I got tickets today from St J website,  good web page  e ticket no booking fee!

1 minute ago, zakred said:

I got tickets today from St J website,  good web page  e ticket no booking fee!

Cheers mate will have a look 👍

20 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's not long ago at all that stalwart Jambos on here were posting genuine feelings of apathy.  Some stopped attending. Gates were down 2,000 plus.

What a turnaround.  The mood of justified optimism is infectious.  I'll be lucky to stay in bed until 4am on Sunday.  Can't wait to see the line-up and the bench.  Very much hope Stendel has his full squad to pick from other than Haring.  Might even be another newcomer in by then.  Certainly looks like it judging by comments he has made.

We have failed to score in the 1st half of our last two games.  Very confident that won't be the case in Perth.

Envious of every Jambo who will be there.

Our last first half away league goal was on 19 May 2019, at Celtic Park. The last time we scored a first half away league goal and won was 9 March 2019.

Edited by Gorgiewave

Just now, ElGee1973 said:

There’s no hearts supporters clubs in Stirling. I think there used to be one across in Clackmannanshire possibly Alva/Tillicoultry way but I’m not sure if it still exists. I wish there was a Hearts supporters club in Stirling though! 

Perhaps the "Sherry Ferry",who I think are based In Alva

I was in the ticket office about 15:30, only single seats in the west stand and only front 6 rows left in one section of the north stand. I assume the additional tickets will be in the south stand which I believe they sometimes have as a mixed family stand anyway.
Must be approx 3000 sold depending on how much the allocation in the west stand is but i think its about 1000

5 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

We must go out to win this. After pumping sevco we need to keep the momentum up and this game could maybe take us off the bottom. Once we are off the bottom i have no doubt the points will keep coming. Come on the jambos.

Maybe helpful we have no midweek game . Players must have been knackered after Sunday . 

Perhaps reason why we struggled a bit against RC ?

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, mainstandjambo said:

The 350 I mentioned were available through St Johnstone etickets and presumably are in addition to the 100 that Hearts ticket office have remaining.

Bought 3 today from St. J. Section D but not showing that many available.

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

I was in the ticket office about 15:30, only single seats in the west stand and only front 6 rows left in one section of the north stand. I assume the additional tickets will be in the south stand which I believe they sometimes have as a mixed family stand anyway.
Must be approx 3000 sold depending on how much the allocation in the west stand is but i think its about 1000

I reckn approx 3k aswell. Could be a good day. Ive opted for train and 12 noon arrival for a small libation 😉

I bought my ticket through  St.Johnston  e-tickets following the link from Hearts website. I'm guessing that I will not get any loyalty points for that reason. Anyone know different?

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Homme said:

Totally agree - scrappy horrible 1-0 will do us!

2 hours ago, One five said:

If we play with the same attitude the way we did against Rangers we will win mate 👍

That said, I agree with this! Hopefully we can smash them playing our all out Stendelball.:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Totally agree - scrappy horrible 1-0 will do us!

That said, I agree with this! Hopefully we can smash them playing our all out Stendelball.:thumbsup:

👍

1 hour ago, ElGee1973 said:

There used to be a Stirling Hearts, not for a few years now, Alva sherry ferry might still be going

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I bought my ticket through  St.Johnston  e-tickets following the link from Hearts website. I'm guessing that I will not get any loyalty points for that reason. Anyone know different?

Correct,nae LP's but 3pts for the JT's

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I just hope they don't run out of pies like they did last time I was up there. I was in the wing main stand and I was starving. 

Don't believe that think think you're talking mince

2 hours ago, richiehmfc said:

nothing left via Hearts e-tickets. Tixs via St J web site link looks to have about 200 left. Could be sold out by tomorrow. Might get more for the South Stand