Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

If person B employs social distancing. How does it spread? 

Granny should tell young Johnny and Jenny to **** off if they come near. 

Aye youngsters are the only one breaking the rules. 😂

At the very least it's community transmission.   What about all the younger peope living in houses with older people?    

Nobody is blaming the young but the hard reality is that it cannot remain in the young.    It's a virus.   :D

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Doing nothing is not an option mate 

They had the chance to virtually eradicate with a tougher longer lockdown. Their plan hasn't worked so they surely have to change course now? 

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Her aim is to appear on TV every day until next year’s Holyrood elections - and she’s bang on schedule!

Yep, and she slags others for politicising the virus.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Struggling to see how virus is getting from young person (A) to older person (B) ???

No way.    Come on eh?

Amazing how the same type of people can easily explain away the complexities of the economy in a single JKB paragraph, something that has thousands of books, degrees, professors struggling to do, yet can't understand why the prevalence of a virus within the general population has lead to and increase of cases in a certain age group.

Adam_the_legend
17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Because not enough people are following the rules.

we must do so or another lock down will happen 

How many people are not following the rules? What percentage of the population? We have opened up society again so it stands to reason even if every single person followed the rules the virus would still spread.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They had the chance to virtually eradicate with a tougher longer lockdown. Their plan hasn't worked so they surely have to change course now? 

No do exactly the same as it will work next time....

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Well shield these people surely don’t continue to lock things down? Where is the end game for you? Genuine question? A vaccine??

Where is the end game for the shielded people?

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That wouldn’t have worked either. I’d chucked it long before the lockdown ended mate you can’t keep people locked up like that. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Ray Gin said:

They might have to wait I guess. You can’t lock down the world for any one particular group. 

12 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

It’s obviously scaring some people so much that they would forego getting tested for cancer to avoid getting Covid. I mean that’s crazy. “Oh I might have cancer but I’ll just leave it so I don’t get Covid”. The fact is even when cases/deaths have been negligible for the last few months we have still had sturgeon on tv every day telling us how scared we should be of this virus. She has to take at least some responsibility for this. 

Not when she is literally telling people with that they should continue to go and get tested for other conditions. They even made an advertising campaign.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Could be 10 years. Long wait.

Well that’s it - social distancing and face masks and etc til we have a vaccine 

Adam_the_legend
8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

At the very least it's community transmission.   What about all the younger peope living in houses with older people?    

Nobody is blaming the young but the hard reality is that it cannot remain in the young.    It's a virus.   :D

Plenty of people are blaming the young, including the health secretary and various MSM outlets. 

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

How many people are not following the rules? What percentage of the population? We have opened up society again so it stands to reason even if every single person followed the rules the virus would still spread.

Correct. 

Folk are doing their best. The only way it would not spread is if everyone was walking around in a hazmat suit and was sprayed down before removing it. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

They might have to wait I guess. You can’t lock down the world for any one particular group. 

Uh huh. I'm sure you'd be loving that if it was your particular group who got locked up with a brutal full-force lockdown indefinitely because everyone else couldn't be arsed making the slightest bit of effort.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

No do exactly the same as it will work next time....

That's the point though. If they had actually followed through with a hard lockdown, then there wouldn't be a second or third one. So they've made an arse of it basically. 

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don’t get your logic. Even if we got to zero infected as soon as we started opening up you’d have people from other countries bring it in. There is no getting away from this thing. 

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That wouldn’t have worked either. I’d chucked it long before the lockdown ended mate you can’t keep people locked up like that. 

I know what you mean but their options were a lockdown or herd immunity. You have to go all in on either for it to work. They half arsed it. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Correct. 

Folk are doing their best. The only way it would not spread is if everyone was walking around in a hazmat suit and was sprayed down before removing it. 

No they aren't. Loads of people are not even remotely trying to social distance and there are people on here who have stated they don't wear a mask just because they can't be arsed.

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not when she is literally telling people with that they should continue to go and get tested for other conditions. They even made an advertising campaign.

Well it clearly didn’t work...

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I don’t get your logic. Even if we got to zero infected as soon as we started opening up you’d have people from other countries bring it in. There is no getting away from this thing. 

Not if we didn't let anyone in and if we did, they should have been physically taken to a center and put in isolation or tested multiple times. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

No they aren't. Loads of people are not even remotely trying to social distance and there are people on here who have stated they don't wear a mask just because they can't be arsed.

Most people are. 

10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Well that’s it - social distancing and face masks and etc til we have a vaccine 

Sorry but that's insanity. Apart from anything else that wont work. 

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Correct. 

Don’t say that, we’ll have sturgeon on the tv announcing a national hazmat suit giveaway!!

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Don’t say that, we’ll have sturgeon on the tv announcing a national hazmat suit giveaway!!

Dont think she wouldn't love this! 

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

not because I can’t be arsed but because I think it ****ing pointless 

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not if we didn't let anyone in and if we did, they should have been physically taken to a center and put in isolation or tested multiple times. 

You’re suggesting we lockdown the entire country with no one coming in and out from outside the country for an unknown amount of time for a virus with a 99.6% recovery rate?! Nut and sledgehammer come to mind. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Truth. So you have to wear a mask, except if you're eating or drinking. 🙄 

I went to a pub the other day and the guy went, you need to wear your mask walking to the table, nae bother, stuck it on, the table was two steps in the door and I took it off. :laugh2: What is the point in that? 

manaliveits105

people who are not adhering to rules  wont adhere whether lock down or not - wasting our time and causing more economic damage than can be repaired

Nicky wants a Cobra meeting though or she will stamp her feet - anyone have a spare cobra ?

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Covered first para in other post 👍

People are blaming youngster on this thread and the UK govt  has pushed the Kill you granny narrative hard. Hancock in particular. 

Even ignoring the faux rage the blame game is strong in some. 

I agree it cannot remain in the young but It can be constrained to stay in those least effected with a few tweaks to approach. We protect the vulnerable until we get this ‘second wave’  under control.

It appears the current approach is failing to do that. We can’t let the vulnerable knock about general pop if this thing is out of control that is asking for trouble, . If you protect the vulnerable it gives you a bit more leeway around decisions. NHS capacity, greater flex in controls etc. 

Circuit breaks and mini lockdown will achieve nothing but more problems. The cycle needs broken. 

Im actually comfortablish with restrictions being flexed to get the right balance but mini lockdown create second, third and fourth waves. We are also completely ignoring the behavioural part of this by looking to impose restrictions that people have fatigued from, these are becoming less effective with passing time. Whether that right or wrong, matters not it’s the reality. The approach needs to change or pivot at the very least 

I actually don’t think we are a million miles apart, perhaps we are coming from different ends. 

Probably some similar views from different angles,  yes.

But shielding is not as simple as some people like to think.    Vulnerable people could amount to millions,  depending on definition.    

I think any new short lockdowns are designed as they say.   Brakes.   Short,  sharp injections of delay.    This is about suppression.   But there does need to be a purpose.    Doing these things with no clear purpose is not enough.

17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Truth. So you have to wear a mask, except if you're eating or drinking. 🙄 

I went to a pub the other day and the guy went, you need to wear your mask walking to the table, nae bother, stuck it on, the table was two steps in the door and I took it off. :laugh2: What is the point in that? 

I just tell them I am exempt. Pretty awkward when they ask me but I have began not to really care. Only had one person ask me why and told them it was none of their business and they just backed right off. Complete and utter waste of time as you say. 

Still avoiding shops and public transport but am I **** not going for a pint. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

You’re suggesting we lockdown the entire country with no one coming in and out from outside the country for an unknown amount of time for a virus with a 99.6% recovery rate?! Nut and sledgehammer come to mind. 

I kind of agree, although those that are older or are vulnerable may not. 

At the time they probably should have. As I've said, they had two choices. A total lockdown or, herd immunity. They went for a lockdown and they weren't strict enough, particularly with people coming in and out of the Country. Asking people to self isolate for 2 weeks was never going to happen. 

My point is, what is the point in having a lockdown if it is half arsed? 

It's either you go the full way and ensure it is virtually eradicated or, you don't bother. 

So now that they've made a baws of it, what's the point in having another lockdown, partial, geographical or otherwise when their half arsed effort first time around didn't work. 🤷 

So, they have to move to another plan and that may be herd immunity or, they lockdown the vulnerable and let young folk get herd immunity so that the strain is weakened to a point that if vulnerable people catch it, their symptoms won't be as severe. Or, we have a total lockdown much stricter than the first. 

Either way can't go on forever like this. 

46 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Undoubtably, to a degree but the desire to put the blame at youngsters door I struggle with. People of all ages will break the rules. Yet we are demonising a group based on nothing more than age, who will suffer more than most,

There is lack of nuance around it imo. Do you think the spread is just down to youngsters partying or do you think it’s a shed load more complex? 

It’s up there with all Asians get it because the live in 20 households IMO . 

Ae I say I feel it’s very much of govt attempt at bear over there. Whilst, behavioural scientists were very clearly about fatigue of rules but have done **** all to try and address the issue 

Yeah remember it was " the asians" who were spreading it in the midlands? then it was BLM/ any protesters and now its the poor students.. The blame game is getting pathetic now. Shield the older and vulnerable. Another lockdown may subdue the virus but it will be back to square one once lockdown is opened up again.  

33 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

staying alive is their end game hopefully 

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I kind of agree, although those that are older or are vulnerable may not. 

At the time they probably should have. As I've said, they had two choices. A total lockdown or, herd immunity. They went for a lockdown and they weren't strict enough, particularly with people coming in and out of the Country. Asking people to self isolate for 2 weeks was never going to happen. 

My point is, what is the point in having a lockdown if it is half arsed? 

It's either you go the full way and ensure it is virtually eradicated or, you don't bother. 

So now that they've made a baws of it, what's the point in having another lockdown, partial, geographical or otherwise when their half arsed effort first time around didn't work. 🤷 

So, they have to move to another plan and that may be herd immunity or, they lockdown the vulnerable and let young folk get herd immunity so that the strain is weakened to a point that if vulnerable people catch it, their symptoms won't be as severe. Or, we have a total lockdown much stricter than the first. 

Either way can't go on forever like this. 

the original point of lockdown was to protect the NHS. That made sense as we were running low on ventilators. Now it seems to have changed to “we must eradicate the virus” which seems impossible. Jason Leitch said this will become endemic in the population so it’s not going away and he also questioned the efficacy of the tests. When you’re getting these sorts of mixed messages it’s no wonder people are getting confused and frustrated. 

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

If the Government and media and the internet (like on this thread) go out of their way to scare people as they have been doing for months then it is hardly surprising some people are scared. Irrationally scared.

Just let it rip and if the anti lockdown Brigade catch it, do me a favour, suffer in peace and don't annoy the NHS. Thanks. The same people that are giving big about how it's shite to lockdown, would be the first to lose their shit if people die in big numbers. The government are damned whichever way they turn. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Brian Dundas said:

There

Some things are getting harder na harder to justify, but on the masks front at least by wearing one you are then able to do something you want to do, unlike the other restrictions which prevent you from doing things. I'm not bothered about having to wear a mask, I can't think of a situation where they are likely to introduce it that would bother me too much.

I agree. It's not a big deal to me either. I do it so other people feel safer, not particularly for my own safety. 

34 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

North Korea style.

I had my first experience of " Covid rage" yesterday. I was in Cameron Toll shopping centre. I was walking along the inside and this guy was coming towards me . He then shouted " your on the wrong side" !  I looked at him and then i did notice I was walking the " wrong way" along the lanes outside the shops.   I just said " ok Hitler" !  :) He just growled.. It was a genuine mistake but his over reaction was probably due to the fact he looked like he had various comorbidities, was around 60 years old, tats on his arms and grossly overweight . I felt like shouting " looks like you'll croak it with a heart attack first you plonker".  Looked like he might have voted for Brexit too. :) :) 

They are looking at what is happening in France and shitting it they wait to long and end up the worst in Europe again imo.They can't really win imo as if they are not over cautious now and it does end up horrendous ( I have no idea if it will or not if nothing is done ) then they will be absolutely crucified.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not claiming it's because you're claustrophobic any more? Interesting. 

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I have always felt the mask thing was more a way of reminding people there is still a danger than any major benefit. Did the WHO not advise against them at the beginning as they were unlikely to be used properly and could increase the risks of infection? I still wear a mask where I’m supposed to but mostly to avoid the hassle of getting moaned at rather than a great belief it’s protecting me. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not claiming it's because you're claustrophobic any more? Interesting. 

I am claustrophobic and wearing a mask does flare it up. Still think wearing a mask is pointless and have said that from the start. Even if it didn’t bother me wearing a mask I probably wouldn’t. 

hope that helps clear things up. 

17 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I have always felt the mask thing was more a way of reminding people there is still a danger than any major benefit. Did the WHO not advise against them at the beginning as they were unlikely to be used properly and could increase the risks of infection? I still wear a mask where I’m supposed to but mostly to avoid the hassle of getting moaned at rather than a great belief it’s protecting me. 

Masks are mostly about protecting everyone else, not the wearer. That's why it is incredibly selfish not to wear one without good medical grounds not to do so.

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Masks are mostly about protecting everyone else, not the wearer. That's why it is incredibly selfish not to wear one without good medical grounds not to do so.

:spoton:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic