Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Nice you expect my taxes to support everyone 

, except myself if I need it

Pretty much.  Financial lifeline for those who really need it.  There's something badly wrong if you needed it.  10-14 days money?   

:rofl:

What planet are you on?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Pretty much.  Financial lifeline for those who really need it.  There's something badly wrong if you needed it.  10-14 days money?   

:rofl:

What planet are you on?

Planet equality?

some tapping 8 months pay for nothing .....

some working a second job whilst tax payers funding their salary

piss take

25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Planet equality?

piss take

This stemmed from your comments about wanting pay if you have to self isolate,  yet you're now on about furlough for some strange reason.  I would expect a keener eye for detail to be honest.  

9 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Planet equality?

piss take

Who funds your salary Doctor?

51 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Really don't agree with allowing nearly a week to pass between announcements and deployment. Boris should have announced lockdown and imposed immediately. 

I do partly agree.  Having a sudden lockdown is unfair on busineses who may have supplies ordered.

However the ****wits out partying on the city centre streets with no masks or social distancing in England like VE day is a major problem, and the hospitality needs to have rules to keep the covidiots away.

11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I do partly agree.  Having a sudden lockdown is unfair on busineses who may have supplies ordered.

However the ****wits out partying on the city centre streets with no masks or social distancing in England like VE day is a major problem, and the hospitality needs to have rules to keep the covidiots away.

Not just England....

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah well, one good thing that came from covid is that it took the Yorkshire ripper out

Clouds and silver linings...

:pleasing:

Hopefully it gets that scumbag Tobin next.

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah well, one good thing that came from covid is that it took the Yorkshire ripper out

I thought he'd been at deaths door for ages. 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I thought he'd been at deaths door for ages. 

I think he had a dodgey ticker and other health conditions

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think he had a dodgey ticker and other health conditions

He did and was 74. It goes down as a Covid death though, even though he refused all treatment offered.

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I witnessed a comical and also horrible site today.  I was in the Princes Mall having a coffee with a mate.  Anyway there was a lad also there with a couple of mates. He was about 19 years old.  Music was on the sound system thingy.  One song was " Im on my way" and he started singing it and jumping about it . All in good nature. I assumed he was a Hibbee ?  Anyway about 10 mins later  we heard a scuffle outside the centre at the stair down to the station.  The lad was arguing with the security as they threw him out for not wearing a mask.  

This all quickly escalated and  4 Police  and 2 undercover ones got involved . He was on the deck within minutes shouting his head off. struggling on the ground.  Some of the police had no masks on or they had fell off.  Anyway the lad started shouting " I cant breath "  " Ive got asthma"  " Get the **** off me".  Whilst slightly comical it was quite disturbing as the police were really pushing him to the ground etc.  He clearly wasn't given a ****  as he was shouting in their faces but was obviously distressed. They managed to get him off the ground and he got huckled away.  All for no wearing a mask it seems.  ! 

This will be the future unless people make a stance instead of being feckin sheep.

55 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

This will be the future unless people make a stance instead of being feckin sheep.

56 sheep have died today. 

Update on today’s daily figures: 

1,357 new cases confirmed across the country 

Of these: 433 in Greater Glasgow and Clyde

267 in Lanarkshire 

163 in Lothian 

148 in Fife

101 in Tayside .

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Update on today’s daily figures: 

1,357 new cases confirmed across the country 

Of these: 433 in Greater Glasgow and Clyde

267 in Lanarkshire 

163 in Lothian 

148 in Fife

101 in Tayside .

Glasgow has to be Tier 4 next week surely, either that or Tier 3 becomes Tier 2. There's a massive gap now between Glasgow and Edinburgh/Fife etc.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

4 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Glasgow has to be Tier 4 next week surely, either that or Tier 3 becomes Tier 2. There's a massive gap now between Glasgow and Edinburgh/Fife etc.

You would hope so. 

53 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

56 deaths registered in the last 24 hours! 

But without a proper breakdown it's just propaganda from Project Fear.

Ages of the unfortunate souls?

Underlying health conditions? 

20 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

But without a proper breakdown it's just propaganda from Project Fear.

Ages of the unfortunate souls?

Underlying health conditions? 

Im sure that info will be available somewhere. 
Regarding propaganda and fear. My Dr daughter in law was in the Covid Red Zone at St John’s intubating a Covid19 patient last night. I wouldn’t call that propaganda but I’m sure there was fear in there.

Edited by Boy Daniel
Last night

42 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Pointless moving Glasgow to Tier 4. Wont have any impact unless they close the schools.

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Regarding propaganda and fear. My Dr daughter in law was in the Covid Red Zone at St John’s intubating a Covid19 patient last night. I wouldn’t call that propaganda but I’m sure there was fear in there.

I'm sure there will be sons and daughters all over Scotland giving end of life care to non covid patients 

14 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I am sure she did a great job as all the NHS staff do.  I'm not really sure what that instance has to do with the world being closed down but pass on my regards.

19 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Mate helps out as a volunteer at St  Johns.

Out of 35 nurses in his area, 19 are off work for either having been tested positive or self isolating due to potential close contacts.

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Mate helps out as a volunteer at St  Johns.

Out of 35 nurses in his area, 19 are off work for either having been tested positive or self isolating due to potential close contacts.

A friend of mine works in NHS at Victoria Infirmary, they have same staffing issues. So many are isolating there's not enough to look after patients.

9 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm not really sure what that instance

you claim propaganda and project fear. Well it certainly isn’t that when you here of real life instances of which there are many. 
I will pass on your regards. 

Scottish numbers: 13 November 2020

Summary

• 1,357 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+245]
  • 56 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+11]
  • 96 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 1,228 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+19]
  • 26,995 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.7% of these were positive [+4,112; -0.4%]

13 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm sure there will be sons and daughters all over Scotland giving end of life care to non covid patients 

Indeed there are. That happens all the time but these involving Covid19 are much more dangerous as they dealing with a very infectious and new disease. 

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

you claim propaganda and project fear. Well it certainly isn’t that when you here of real life instances of which there are many. 
I will pass on your regards. 

His point about age and underlying conditions is relevant though, people get intubated regularly in ICU.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, redjambo said:

Scottish numbers: 13 November 2020

Summary

• 1,357 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+245]
  • 56 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+11]
  • 96 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-2]
  • 1,228 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+19]
  • 26,995 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 5.7% of these were positive [+4,112; -0.4%]

I was wondering why the positive cases were so high. 27k tests that reported results is a lot.

5.7% is coming back down to the range we need it at

Per-board per-100,000 case stats (unusual rises in some board areas - hopefully just a blip):

Scotland 25 [+3].

Fife 40 [+20], Lanarkshire 40 [+5], Greater Glasgow 37 [-3], Forth Valley 26 [+16], Tayside 24 [+7], Ayrshire 21 [=], Lothian 18 [+2].

All others: less than 10.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

His point about age and underlying conditions is relevant though, people get intubated regularly in ICU.

For Covid19? 
I agree age and underlying conditions are relevant I never said they weren’t. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

While I don't have lot of time for him, he does raise a valid point. If the testing equipment is garbage, then the results cannot be trusted. Are people isolating when not required to, are other not isolating when they should. 

Billions spent and still no 100% reliable test. 

Science, is it all that? 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

While I don't have lot of time for him, he does raise a valid point. If the testing equipment is garbage, then the results cannot be trusted. Are people isolating when not required to, are other not isolating when they should. 

Billions spent and still no 100% reliable test. 

Science, is it all that? 

It should be noted that Musk was taking about a specific rapid antigen test, not the PCR test that is used for testing in the UK.

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was wondering why the positive cases were so high. 27k tests that reported results is a lot.

:thumb:

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Positive cases is good in that it identifies people who should be self isolating but I read yesterday that the true number is probably 10 times the number recorded as asymptomatic carriers don't necessarily get tested.

10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

For Covid19? 
I agree age and underlying conditions are relevant I never said they weren’t. 

No problem chief. 👍

Positive cases is good in that it identifies people who should be self isolating but I read yesterday that the true number is probably 10 times the number recorded as asymptomatic carriers don't necessarily get tested.

I would treat that 10x figure with suspicion. I've always worked with 2x, but I don't think we know for sure - there's been too much disparity from the various studies.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I would treat that 10x figure with suspicion. I've always worked with 2x, but I don't think we know for sure - there's been too much disparity from the various studies.

You're right, we'll never know.

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

Thought all wards were now code red in St. John’s and staff had been told to switch off track n trace? 

You're right, we'll never know.

We might. If we can find a reliable accurate way to determine if someone ever had Covid and carry out adequate statistical sampling then we should be able to find out how many of these were actually diagnosed. Other data such as testing levels would also need to be factored in, I imagine. I'm not sure whether or not this could be done affectively in the middle of a pandemic though. I'm no expert at all in this area. However, it's something that would be very useful to determine!

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Thought all wards were now code red in St. John’s and staff had been told to switch off track n trace? 

Don’t know about the app. She was ask last night to go in to the Red Zone which I believe is specific for Covid patients. 

Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What was Musk being tested for? Traces of being human?

Can't have been that. No way two tests would have returned positive results. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic