Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Dazo said:

It isn’t mandatory yet so why should they ?

I thought I became mandatory but was only buses. Shops as you say it’s the 10th 

They're excused 😷

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Does anyone work in a large office environment? Any news from companies on when they are planning to get people back into the office?

We've been told end of September but some staff have continued working in the office right through,  by choice. More and more requests to go back apparently,. so it's increasing each week although not compulsory until Sept. Even then some might get to continue WFH

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It would be a good time to get used to them.

19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We've been told end of September but some staff have continued working in the office right through,  by choice. More and more requests to go back apparently,. so it's increasing each week although not compulsory until Sept. Even then some might get to continue WFH

Wouldn't like to be in the office property market after all this.  Can definitely see a lot of companies reducing their office footprint and offering a more flexible working option for their staff.

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, Cade said:

My local store is getting worse each time I go in.

Hardly anybody wearing a mask, one-way system totally ignored, folk generally just milling about in close quarters like a horde of feckin zombies.

:seething:

I hear you. Asda at Chesser is like the bar scene from Star Wars

29 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So are they aiming for essentially full capacity come end of September?

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

So are they aiming for essentially full capacity come end of September?

Yes, at the earliest. But it sounds like they may be offering some staff the chance to WFH permanently,  for those that want to.

JudyJudyJudy
55 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Does anyone work in a large office environment? Any news from companies on when they are planning to get people back into the office?

I work in a large office. We have been told we wont be back until Oct at the earliest. We have also been told that we will still work from home some of the time until the virus is eradicated.  There will be a rolling rota of who has to go into the office each day.   I think they acknowledge that we can do a lot of our work at home without being office based.  I think this will continue even after the virus is gone as it will save my employer money on overheads etc . 

indianajones
7 hours ago, Cade said:

My local store is getting worse each time I go in.

Hardly anybody wearing a mask, one-way system totally ignored, folk generally just milling about in close quarters like a horde of feckin zombies.

:seething:

Witnessed the workers in my local store hugging each other the other day. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I work in a large office. We have been told we wont be back until Oct at the earliest. We have also been told that we will still work from home some of the time until the virus is eradicated.  There will be a rolling rota of who has to go into the office each day.   I think they acknowledge that we can do a lot of our work at home without being office based.  I think this will continue even after the virus is gone as it will save my employer money on overheads etc . 

How would You feel working from home permanently?

I’ve never had a job that I could do from home.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I wouldn't want to do it full time for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't like being cooped up at home, id miss some of my colleagues and the banter and Id also feel aggrieved slightly if it was winter time and Id need to burn my lecky and gas. I think its important to get out each day , even just for a walk. I also like to separate work from home and this wouldn't be possible working from home. Home should be ones sanctuary from work i feel. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

I wouldn't want to do it full time for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't like being cooped up at home, id miss some of my colleagues and the banter and Id also feel aggrieved slightly if it was winter time and Id need to burn my lecky and gas. I think its important to get out each day , even just for a walk. I also like to separate work from home and this wouldn't be possible working from home. Home should be ones sanctuary from work i feel. 

That’s exactly the position I would probably have taken.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I did it two days a week on average, before all of this and it felt a good balance between home, office and off site.

I've quite enjoyed full time from home though and I've started having off site meetings again which break it up nicely though do make me a bit nervous as I'm not sure they're particularly safe.

PortyJambo

I don't mind working from home at all, have done it for years for 25-50% of the time, although obviously that's been 100% recently.

The one thing I do not miss at all about working in the office is the commute. Logging off the laptop and being in my living room in 10 seconds is a lot better prospect than a 1 hour crawl around the bypass.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, kila said:

Need some of that here

Aye maybe in Soho on Friday night

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

My mate works for Screwfix down here in the Midlands.

He has been working from home since the lockdown in logistics management and there is no likelihood of him going back to his workplace in the foreseeable future.  The company just doesn't have space for everyone. 

He's been told to assume he is working from home for the rest of the year , at least. 

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Some people just don’t give a dam 

And that sums people up perfectly.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Christ, do folk need spoon fed?  Do they need it to become ‘mandatory’?  How about ‘thinking for themselves’?  Is that too hard?

”We’ll all wear a Covid mask on the 10th, it’s now mandatory”.  🙄

Heavens above, this whole thing is now verging into the ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

ImageBeer garden in Motherwell, allegedly. 

And to think that is their more upmarket ones

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Christ, do folk need spoon fed?  Do they need it to become ‘mandatory’?  How about ‘thinking for themselves’?  Is that too hard?

Absolutely farcical the way some are acting.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Absolutely farcical the way some are acting.

Certainly is, TRM.  :thumbs_up:

If it’s okay to say so, some folk are right twits.

:) 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Certainly is, TRM.  :thumbs_up:

If it’s okay to say so, some folk are right twits.

:) 

:lol:

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Wee warning:  Don’t suck extra strong mints or use strong chewing gum, whilst wearing a mask!  Unless of course, you like your eyes streaming with tears.  :) 

Guess what I'll be trying tomorrow😙

Just now, Alex said:

Guess what I'll be trying tomorrow😙

You'll either love it, or hate it.

Let me know.  :thumb:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

You'll either love it, or hate it.

Let me know.  :thumb:

its not marmite he is going to be having

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

its not marmite he is going to be having

You’re right, it isn’t.

Well worked out.  

My partner was told today to expect to be back around mid August. She’ll only be working 2/3 days in the office and other days will be at home. Cant come quick enough :lol:Both working from home is starting to become a strain.

Still no word when I’ll be back in the office though.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

ImageBeer garden in Motherwell, allegedly. 

Brass Button in Motherwell.

To be fair, since they can only have a limited number of people inside and they only just got their temporary outdoor licence in the last few days, this is the best they could do at short notice.

Still shan as feck though.

But having said that, the pub does have rolls of barbed wire and multi cctv cameras on the roof and no visible windows, so it's not exactly a prime watering hole on the best of days.

:gok:

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My mate works for Screwfix down here in the Midlands.

He has been working from home since the lockdown in logistics management and there is no likelihood of him going back to his workplace in the foreseeable future.  The company just doesn't have space for everyone. 

He's been told to assume he is working from home for the rest of the year , at least. 

The Screwfix shop near me seems really on the ball for protecting their staff/customers, was in a few weeks ago and was impressed.

29 minutes ago, Cade said:

Brass Button in Motherwell.

To be fair, since they can only have a limited number of people inside and they only just got their temporary outdoor licence in the last few days, this is the best they could do at short notice.

Still shan as feck though.

But having said that, the pub does have rolls of barbed wire and multi cctv cameras on the roof and no visible windows, so it's not exactly a prime watering hole on the best of days.

:gok:

:rofl:

I just googled it. :shocked666:

Coronavirus is now confirmed as airborne. It moves around in small droplets in the air and it looks like live gigs and football are a gonna until the vaccine or cure appears. Pubs won't be open long either, by the sound of things. 

Don't blame me, blame the 200 top scientists who have put their name to these findings and have now openly criticised The World Health Organisation. 

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Coronavirus is now confirmed as airborne. It moves around in small droplets in the air and it looks like live gigs and football are a gonna until the vaccine or cure appears. Pubs won't be open long either, by the sound of things. 

Don't blame me, blame the 200 top scientists who have put their name to these findings and have now openly criticised The World Health Organisation. 

It's not been confirmed rA. As you say 200 odd scientists have put their names to this theory but it's been raised before and dismissed. Who knows? The pharmaceutical companies will be desperate for life to be kept on hold until a vaccine is found.....not that I'm cynical 😎

A wee trip to the Forfar and The Caledonian bar for me when the pubs opens, me thinks. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not been confirmed rA. As you say 200 odd scientists have put their names to this theory but it's been raised before and dismissed. Who knows? The pharmaceutical companies will be desperate for life to be kept on hold until a vaccine is found.....not that I'm cynical 😎

Good point. I didn't even cross my mind, when the Harvard guy was on. 

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s a choice at the moment so don’t see the issue. If it was that important the choice would have been removed long before the 10th. Still have if it gives a bunch of arseholes even more of a reason to pretend they are better than everyone else then I’m happy for the non mask wearers to bash on, until the 10th of course. 👍

I dont need it to be mandatory to wear a mask, I see it as a basic courtesy to others. However, I dont give a shit what other people do, as long as I am comfortable with my decision to wear one. 

frankblack
21 minutes ago, Vansen said:

I dont need it to be mandatory to wear a mask, I see it as a basic courtesy to others. However, I dont give a shit what other people do, as long as I am comfortable with my decision to wear one. 

I do give a shit because you only get the benefit of wearing the mask in a confined space like public transport or a shop if everyone is doing the same.

Masks are there to stop the droplets getting out but not guarantee preventing keeping them from getting in.

12 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Around 1000 in our office and we've been told that - other than a smattering of folk who absolutely need to be in there to do their jobs - we won't be back by the end of this year. Even beyond that, in a 'post-COVID world', they're planning to hugely downsize out office space and have us largely working from home with staff having to book desk space in advance if they want a day in the office. 

Edited by Jamboross

vegas-voss
37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I do give a shit because you only get the benefit of wearing the mask in a confined space like public transport or a shop if everyone is doing the same.

Masks are there to stop the droplets getting out but not guarantee preventing keeping them from getting in.

So if everyone wears them they cant get in cause they cant get out ?

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

It’s a choice at the moment so don’t see the issue. If it was that important the choice would have been removed long before the 10th. Still have if it gives a bunch of arseholes even more of a reason to pretend they are better than everyone else then I’m happy for the non mask wearers to bash on, until the 10th of course. 👍

Folk not wearing masks just now wont suddenly take it up on the tenth.Just like certain folk ( im not talking medical conditions ) dont wear them now on buses those same folk wont wear them nipping to the shops.Its another of these measures that needs public uptake as its impossible to really enforce it.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Masks don't guarantee anything. Their main effect from what I saw yesterday on public transport is to make people think they can ignore social distancing and other safeguards if everyone is wearing them. 

Edited by Francis Albert

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If that's the case and considering a vaccine is highly unlikely it is possible we may need to return to normal and just accept Covid is there and live with it. 

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Masks don't guarantee anything. Their main effect from what I saw yesterday on public transport is to make people think they can ignore social distancing and other safeguards if everyone is wearing them. 

Are you wearing a mask Franny?

joondalupjambo

The emerging evidence that the Covid virus could be getting spread via tiny airborne particles is in crowded, closed settings or poorly ventilated areas.  They go on to say that this has to be further investigated but is a big concern so not 100% a given yet.

However in the terms of attending football games I am guessing that sitting outside, socially distanced in the open may be still ok but that it could be more about corporate boxes and toilets.  If this issue was proven how could they be open and if that was the case then you canny go to a game without the bogs available surely?  Also keeping out corporate guests how would that go down?

So for those two reasons, even more so than people sitting socially distanced in a stadium, if this has any legs then there just cannot be any fans going to games until proven or otherwise.

vegas-voss
38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

To be fair that was one of the points labelled against there use.Seems folk cant follow all procedures at once 😒

The Real Maroonblood
34 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

If that's the case and considering a vaccine is highly unlikely it is possible we may need to return to normal and just accept Covid is there and live with it. 

As Sean Connery’s character in The Untouchables said “You’ve got to die of something.”

vegas-voss
9 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

The emerging evidence that the Covid virus could be getting spread via tiny airborne particles is in crowded, closed settings or poorly ventilated areas.  They go on to say that this has to be further investigated but is a big concern so not 100% a given yet.

However in the terms of attending football games I am guessing that sitting outside, socially distanced in the open may be still ok but that it could be more about corporate boxes and toilets.  If this issue was proven how could they be open and if that was the case then you canny go to a game without the bogs available surely?  Also keeping out corporate guests how would that go down?

So for those two reasons, even more so than people sitting socially distanced in a stadium, if this has any legs then there just cannot be any fans going to games until proven or otherwise.

Going to need risk disclaimers  soon by the sounds of it.Cause i really csnt see the governments keeping up stadium bans forever 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic